Gamestop 12/26-12/28 After Christmas Ad

Tony208

CAGiversary!
Feedback
130 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='marineal']below 20? where!!!![/QUOTE]

dude used the wrong sign. What he wrote says more than $20 which Megma pointed out that it in fact is.

[quote name='KingDox']Thanks Op, reading all the GS hate has been pretty funny. When the hell are they going to start shutting down all the GS that are open all over the place? Do they really make so much money?

Do we really need shopping malls with 2 GS in them?[/QUOTE]

My mall has 3 Gamestop rofl, 2 inside, one on the outside. Queens Center Mall btw.

[quote name='Anthony1']That's the biggest problem with getting GameStop credit. What the heck are you going to buy with it, because you really can't get any decent deals from them. The best you can hope for is a B2G1 deal on used games, and then you have to hope against hope that they actually have 3 games that you are really interested in, at the same price. The only way the B2G1 really works out for the customer is if the customer can find 3 games they really, really want, that are all at the same price. If you find two games for $19.99 used, that you really want, and then the other game that you really want is $13.99, then you're kinda screwing yourself. The deal works best when all 3 games are priced the same. If you're getting two $19.99 games and one $17.99 game, it isn't too bad, but if you're getting two $29.99 games, and one $17.99 game, you're really screwing yourself.[/QUOTE]
The good thing about Gamestop is you can game the system. I have around $200+ credit and for some reason when they have B2G1 they also have a coupon for extra trade-in-credit, I got MW2, Uncharted 2, AC2, L4D2, for about $15 each. And trading (or returning) games to them is hassle free as long as the disc is in good shape. Plus they are everywhere, so you can easily do it. It took less than 30 minutes and I saved $180 on the normal price.

With just a little common sense you can pay almost nothing for your games with Gamestop.

[quote name='Tony208']My mall has 3 Gamestop rofl, 2 inside, one on the outside. Queens Center Mall btw.[/QUOTE]

they were probably other gamestores before and GS just acquired them. GS, EB Games, EBX, Funcoland, Planet X Games...etc. There's also some tax break when you have businesses in the same zone as one another, it's why Starbucks can be found a block away from each other in NYC.

I think most major malls have 3 GS's in it (or their partners). Newport Center Mall does, same as Garden State Plaza Mall.

Forza for $39.99 is the same as Best Buys, and GS is easier to get to...so, hey now, they actually have something for my buddy who failed to buy it on BF weekend when I told her.

It's 50% extra on all trade ins?

Looks like I'll buy out Kmart's stock on $10 LBP for PSP, sell them all for $30 and win at life.

How does this work
Is it Just you trade-in any ps3 game you get 5$ extra isthis onlycertain games or is there any requirements

[quote name='fart_bubble']dude used the wrong sign. What he wrote says more than $20 which Megma pointed out that it in fact is.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I used the wrong sign. It was late. It happens. Sorry. ;-)

The sales are underwhelming, but the 3 DS/PSP trades for an extra $5 might be worthwhile since each game only has to be worth more than a dollar. Thanks OP.

Thread starter: Please the docs hosted has BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED limited. Viewers cannot see it. Please host it somewhere else! Thanks!

[quote name='cagfansub']Thread starter: Please the docs hosted has BANDWIDTH EXCEEDED limited. Viewers cannot see it. Please host it somewhere else! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Indeed.

[quote name='Tony208']My mall has 3 Gamestop rofl, 2 inside, one on the outside. Queens Center Mall btw.[/QUOTE]

Ha nice to know I share GameStops with a fellow cag . If you continue down Queens Blvd, theres one in Rego Park and Forest Hills.

Another great "sale" at GS at some point in time this company is going to have to start doing something, they never have any free gift cards with purchase like target or walmart or other stores, I wouldn't shop there except I keep getting gift cards so....

[quote name='fshaia']Another great "sale" at GS at some point in time this company is going to have to start doing something, they never have any free gift cards with purchase like target or walmart or other stores, I wouldn't shop there except I keep getting gift cards so....[/QUOTE]

They don't need to do anything. GS couldn't possibly care less about getting smart shoppers into their store to buy new games. Actually, they couldn't care less if people like us ever go in there. We are not their target. They want the ill-informed to trade them games for $20, so that they sell them for $50. They had profits that exceeded $50 million last quarter. They don't "need" to do anything but to continue to milk little kids and soccer moms.

[quote name='windsmere']That's awesome because I've been calling them RapeStop[/QUOTE]

Except Tiger didn't rape those women. They literally backed that ass up.

Wet is tempting but something I can hold off for until it drops a bit lower. Other than that, nothing much of interest here..

Anytime RapeStop has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale all prices go up like the day before. Heres how it typically works:

$14.99 --> $17.99
$17.99 --> $19.99
$12.99 --> $14.99
$9.99 --> $12.99
$19.99 --> $24.99

etc etc... Its the WORST place to buy anything.

[quote name='BlizzardCyclone']Anytime RapeStop has a Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale all prices go up like the day before. Heres how it typically works:

$14.99 --> $17.99
$17.99 --> $19.99
$12.99 --> $14.99
$9.99 --> $12.99
$19.99 --> $24.99

etc etc... Its the WORST place to buy anything.[/QUOTE]

I hate to be the guy that defends Gamestop....but they are a great place to buy games at retail price. More so for people that don't want to take the time to shop around. They don't offer any advice but if you want say Persona 4 on release or a random Atlus game

Also proof for the up in prices? I know when I was looking for a few games this last go around (last weekend) everything stay where it was before the announcement.

[quote name='joshnorm']I hate to be the guy that defends Gamestop....but they are a great place to buy games at retail price. More so for people that don't want to take the time to shop around. They don't offer any advice but if you want say Persona 4 on release or a random Atlus game [/QUOTE]

Just like every other store :roll:

[quote name='Rollett']Gamestop does giftcards... its just rare.. and NEVER with a game.[/QUOTE]

A couple of weeks ago, there was a deal where I bought Bourne Conspiracy on 360 new for $29.99 online and got a $25 GS giftcard with it. I'll try that game for $5.

[quote name='icedrake523']Just like every other store :roll:[/QUOTE]

Exactly...

Too bad Amazon, for instance, doesn't give you FFXII on release date.. oh wait, they do!

[quote name='joshnorm']Also proof for the up in prices? I know when I was looking for a few games this last go around (last weekend) everything stay where it was before the announcement.[/QUOTE]

I've bought plenty of used games in B2G1 sales, and I've never seen one that had its price go right up.

[quote name='windsmere']That's awesome because I've been calling them RapeStop[/QUOTE]

I've been calling them that for years. Wal*Mart does the same thing, advertising MSRP prices on stuff and the suckers eat it up.

[quote name='joshnorm']I hate to be the guy that defends Gamestop....but they are a great place to buy games at retail price. More so for people that don't want to take the time to shop around. They don't offer any advice but if you want say Persona 4 on release or a random Atlus game

Also proof for the up in prices? I know when I was looking for a few games this last go around (last weekend) everything stay where it was before the announcement.[/QUOTE]

People that like their new games gutted also enjoy Gamestop as well. Not only do you pay retail, but for free they'll unwrap the game for you and handle the disc :) And I've been offered more than my fair share of advice at GS.

I'm with you on not raising the prices before the B2G1 sales though. I'm pretty sure they stay the same. The online used price is sometimes cheaper than the in-store used price so it may give the appearance of raising the price if you're doing research on the website first.

bread's done
Back