Gamestop 20-40% off Pre-owned Games 4/25-4/27 (YMMV)

RienBoyle72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
122 (100%)
I just talked with one of my local Gamestop managers and he told me about a promo this upcoming weekend.

Buy 2 used games get 20% off (30% with PUR)

Buy 4 used games get 30% off (40% with PUR)

Buy 6+ used games get 40% (50% with PUR)

The manager here said they were also doing the 50% (60% PUR) TIV bonus at this store as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, I forgot about that. GameStop just doesn't print a new one on the website? I thought they started doing that to counteract this sort of thing.

If it ends up being used, I'll just return it, really just after Dangonropa and Ys anyways. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone just wanted it to play through X again when they initially bought it.

Though really, $20 for just Final Fantasy X is still a decent deal, I don't remember X-2 being that good anyways.
Yeah I was about to pick up a used copy of FFX-HD and asked if the worker there knew if I was getting a working X-2 code. He was clueless, the even left the X-2 voucher in the used box so anyone could have just taken a picture or written it down to use.

Yeah I was about to pick up a used copy of FFX-HD and asked if the worker there knew if I was getting a working X-2 code. He was clueless, the even left the X-2 voucher in the used box so anyone could have just taken a picture or written it down to use.
I'll still grab it anyways, just to see if GameStop still does that deal of printing new DLC codes on the receipts that they were doing a year ago, which was the last time I bought a used game from there.

Worst case scenario is that I just end up returning it and getting my money back if the code doesn't work and I really feel like I need X-2. After the deal, I'm paying $21 for the game and I can justify that for Final Fantasy X, since I doubt I'd ever play X-2 anyways, especially with it being a download.

That's weird because I kept reading about people losing their jobs for price matching instead of ad matching.

Worst Buy didn't want to price match NASCAR 14 because it was a $35 difference, so I know what you mean, but there's a huge difference between ad match and price match.
Yeah, I get that a lot too. They'll generally be more open to it if it's a small difference, but if it's a big difference, then they try to refuse you any way possible. I tried to price match Inglorious Basterds one time and the Best Buy clerk didn't want to do it because they were selling it for $19.xx and kmart was selling it for $5.

Back on topic: Bought Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Eternal Sonata, Lollipop Chainsaw and Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for $54.68. I'm glad I found a copy of Shadow Dragon. It's the only one in my area and I actually found the case and manual for $8 on ebay, so I'll have a complete copy.

I bet FairyPansa made all those fake accounts to throw us off that MAR is really him.

Honestly MAR has been getting more and more annoying as time has gone on.

I'll still grab it anyways, just to see if GameStop still does that deal of printing new DLC codes on the receipts that they were doing a year ago, which was the last time I bought a used game from there.

Worst case scenario is that I just end up returning it and getting my money back if the code doesn't work and I really feel like I need X-2. After the deal, I'm paying $21 for the game and I can justify that for Final Fantasy X, since I doubt I'd ever play X-2 anyways, especially with it being a download.
Oh this isn't a DLC tho, it's the actual game. GS doesn't even carry FX-2 individually so it wouldn't really make sense for them to print a copy of X-2 into the receipt.

Back on topic, I just picked up Cave Story 3DS for only like $17 and a TON of other games(Dragon's Dogma, Bravely Default, Pokemon Y,Super Mario 3D world and more) Thanks for the post!

Here's my final haul -- mostly picked up stuff to round out my collection but did get a couple of recent releases at fantastic prices. All complete and in good condition for 360:

Titanfall $27.71 (Birthday Coupon)

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood $6.29

Assassin's Creed Revelations $6.29

Crackdown 2 $6.29

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare $14.10 (Birthday Coupon)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 $8.18

Madden NFL 2013 $6.29

Viva Pinata $6.29

Wolfenstein $5.03

Tiger Woods 12 Masters $6.29

Finally decided to pick up the Fable Anniversary. Grabbed Bad Company 2, Mercenaries 2, ODST, Oblivion GOTY, and Gears of War 2 with it. I was tempted to just buy 5 copies of Gears of War 2 (~$1), but I figured I'd go ahead and grab the others for collection purposes. I'll probably take back the one I got, or just give it to a friend.

Thank you OP. I ended up getting Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and five .99 cent games for $27 with the birthday coupon. Good deal.

I don't mind buying Wii Fit for the nintendo points and .99 cent xbox 360 sports games for achievements. Even if I only get like 20 achievement points for each game, I'll still feel like I got my .62 cents worth.

I went for:

• New Super Mario Bros U with Super Luigi U $42
  • Super Mario 3D World $33
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy $30
  • MGS V: Ground Zeroes (PS4) $16.80
  • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii) $12
  • Super Mario Galaxy $10.80
I probably should have tried to work the deal a little more with fillers or held off on some of the more recent games until they dropped in price, but 40% off was tough to pass up and I want games to play on my new Wii U.

I went for:

I probably should have tried to work the deal a little more with fillers or held off on some of the more recent games until they dropped in price, but 40% off was tough to pass up and I want games to play on my new Wii U.
Was your copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy in a steelbook case?

I was thinking about getting Thief and some filler/cheap stuff, but I think that game is gonna be $15 soon enough.

Still wouldn't be bad if I had the chance to go out and use the BD coupon on one though, but I didn't get the chance.

I picked up 7 games - 

MLB 14 The show 

Mx vs ATV Alive

Metal Gear Rising R

WRC 3

College hoops 2k8 

Tron Evolution 

UFC Personal Trainer

Total after 30% and 10% Pur and 20% Birthday was $96.06 (including 9% tax). 

All disks were in very good or like new condition; all but 2 had original artwork and cases.  The 2 exceptions were WRC 3 and the Show 14, which had a generic cases. 

Interesting thing I noticed after I got home was that the Show disk had a Redbox bar code on the disk cover art.  I guess someone recently "acquired" the game from Redbox and traded it in.  Of course GS didn't ask any questions when they accepted the trade.  I'll be looking to swap out the disk with a non-Redbox one in the future, if that makes any sense. I hate putting embossed-labelled disks in blu ray players. 

I can't remember exactly how much I paid, but I got Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn for just around $35 after the promo and birthday coupon. Also picked up Titanfall, inFamous: Second Son, Dark Void, 2 sports games from 2007 and a $5 preorder on MLB The Show 14. I believe my total was $107, and I can't complain one bit. Used up my credit and only had to pay $70 out of pocket.

only went once to get...

Kirby Return to Dreamland

Hexyz Force

Arc Rise Fantasia

Lunar Silver Star

Glory of Heracles lol

...Lords of Dogtown lol

The manager at the GameStop I went to told me that he was instructed to keep all signage for this sale because they would be running it again in the future, so it seems like this sale will be recurring.

Idk, because they called the gamestop and just asked how much it was there. They didn't ask if it was an ADVERTISED item. They just asked for the price. They didn't deny me because it wasn't in an ad, they denied because they didn't want to lose $45. They said nothing about an ad.

I mean, I believe you that it's supposed to be for ads, but they didn't say anything about an ad when I was trying to price match. If they call other places to get a price, I don't think they're going to ask "Is this a price in an advertisement paper?"
You're actually correct. Even though the Wal-Mart corporate page (for which the link you already provided) has it titled as their "ad match policy" what it really is, is their PRICE MATCH policy. And in fact, if you look at their first subtitle, it even says "we gladly match the PRICE in...", and also all of their store employees call it price-matching, rather than ad-matching. And as stated there, you don't need the ad either, Wal-Mart will typically match any competitor price provided that YOU CAN PROVE to them that a competitor has a NEW COPY of that item you are trying to match. So it definitely helps to have an actual store/competitor ad (non-photocopied or self-printed) with valid dates and the specific price mentioned, with you at the time you try to do your price match.

They are however NOT obligated to look up the price for you online, or call a competitor, but they can if they choose to. And yes, as you may've speculated, if the price difference is significant... in this case a $45 discount off a $50 item (90% off), then they are reluctant to allow it and will try to use any excuse they can to prevent it from happening.

By the way, may I ask what game it was that you were trying to price match for $5 at Wal-Mart that GS supposedly had NEW at that price?

Did the promo twice, once for Infamous SS and one for Titanfall.  ~$28 each after buy 6 promo and bday coupons.  Ended up with a few PS3 maddens, PS3 nhl and some DS games (99cent each).  Will wait for the next 100% TIV at BB and then trade them in to get some of my filler money back.

This promo was just too good to pass up.  Unfortunately I couldn't find any $.02 PS2 games to use as filler, so instead I used $.44 copies of Link's Crossbow Training (game only), which every store seemed to have a dozen or more of.  Who needs $.79 copies of America's Test Kitchen or $.99 sports games when you've got Link!

They worked out to thirty one cents a piece when buying 5 or them plus the target game...not sure if I would get that $1.55 back per bundle if I tried to return them, but it's probably not worth the bother.

Ended up getting a few mint complete gems for effectively 50% off (49.61% discount to be exact...not counting the cost of the 5 filler games) in conjunction with this promo by combining the promo with the birthday coupon and power up pro discount.  Got Xenoblade Chronicles for $25.19 (plus $1.55 if counting the 5 Link's Crossbow Training copies, so if including those it was $26.74 or a 46.51% discount), same with a complete original print/steelcase Metroid Prime Trilogy.  All the $54.99 used games I picked up were $27.71 after all discounts (not counting the $1.55 filler cost).

By the way, may I ask what game it was that you were trying to price match for $5 at Wal-Mart that GS supposedly had NEW at that price?
That's what I figured was going on, because she was immediately defensive and trying to deny it upon hearing the price before even knowing the retailer, and she even stated that she wasn't going to price match it at a $45 loss. But the game isn't actually IN THEIR system, so who knows how much it would ring up for. I didn't think to ask them to scan it and see what it says, but she was lying to me the whole time, so she probably would've lied about that too. The game was Metroid: Other M for the Wii. I know that on the website, it says $4.99 new (ONLINE ONLY), but I asked at the gamestop next to Wal-Mart, and they said that even though they didn't have the game in stock at the store, it would be $4.99 new. I know the Wal-Mart worker was lying to me because I told Gamestop to expect a call about the game and she kept getting off the phone telling me that it was 4.99 used. I should've asked her to put it on speaker phone. I was considering going over to gamestop and asking the manager to come over (we're pretty friendly with each other), but I was too busy arguing with her that it didn't come to mind until later. I didn't just whip out my phone and show them because I know she'd be all like "IT SAY HERE ONLINE ONLY!" But whatever. I just got it for $13 new off of ebay. Just hated being treated like a thief and a liar, and like I was stupid, when the manager I was fighting with tells me that Gamestop doesn't sell new games; they burn them onto discs and sell them at new, and that Wal-Mart gets all their games from WII, THE MANUFACTURER.

Random, GS has Aliens: colonial marines for 17.99 pre owned or 5.99 new and u can pick up in store for said price..... I have a $5 coupon, is this game worth .99 plus tax? Or should I pass?

Random, GS has Aliens: colonial marines for 17.99 pre owned or 5.99 new and u can pick up in store for said price..... I have a $5 coupon, is this game worth .99 plus tax? Or should I pass?
I paid the $6 for it, and it's not bad for that price.

I say for $1, go for it, if you don't have anything else to use the coupon on.

That's what I figured was going on, because she was immediately defensive and trying to deny it upon hearing the price before even knowing the retailer, and she even stated that she wasn't going to price match it at a $45 loss. But the game isn't actually IN THEIR system, so who knows how much it would ring up for. I didn't think to ask them to scan it and see what it says, but she was lying to me the whole time, so she probably would've lied about that too. The game was Metroid: Other M for the Wii. I know that on the website, it says $4.99 new (ONLINE ONLY), but I asked at the gamestop next to Wal-Mart, and they said that even though they didn't have the game in stock at the store, it would be $4.99 new. I know the Wal-Mart worker was lying to me because I told Gamestop to expect a call about the game and she kept getting off the phone telling me that it was 4.99 used. I should've asked her to put it on speaker phone. I was considering going over to gamestop and asking the manager to come over (we're pretty friendly with each other), but I was too busy arguing with her that it didn't come to mind until later. I didn't just whip out my phone and show them because I know she'd be all like "IT SAY HERE ONLINE ONLY!" But whatever. I just got it for $13 new off of ebay. Just hated being treated like a thief and a liar, and like I was stupid, when the manager I was fighting with tells me that Gamestop doesn't sell new games; they burn them onto discs and sell them at new, and that Wal-Mart gets all their games from WII, THE MANUFACTURER.
Yeah, Metroid: Other M (NEW) is no longer in Walmart's system, but the PRE-OWNED version shows an online price of $6.90. So that new copy you found probably has a clearance price of $20 or less. You should've had an electronics clerk check the price prior to taking it to guest services. If the game rang up for like $10 to $15, and you mentioned this at guest service (which of course they'd verify by scanning it themselves), and then stated that you are trying to price match GS's $5 price, they may've been willing to play ball with you. Oh well, you could always try later when there is someone else working the guest services counter at WM (but this time have an electronics clerk check the actual price of the game before taking it to guest services).

I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and 5 other $.99 games. Trilogy was $25 and change after 30% 10% and Birthday coupon. Great deal. I was thinking about getting Xenoblade too but didn't get around to it. Question: Can I return all the filler games and keep Trilogy?

[quote name="Bizarrosfne" post="11722393" timestamp="1398774826"]I picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy and 5 other $.99 games. Trilogy was $25 and change after 30% 10% and Birthday coupon. Great deal. I was thinking about getting Xenoblade too but didn't get around to it. Question: Can I return all the filler games and keep Trilogy?[/quote]Yes, but they'll give you weird looks and ask you why you're returning them back.

I went for:

I received my order today.. instead of a copy of $55 Super Mario 3D World (Wii U), GameStop sent me a copy of $7 Blazing Angels (PS3). I'm not pleased.

I received my order today.. instead of a copy of $55 Super Mario 3D World (Wii U), GameStop sent me a copy of $7 Blazing Angels (PS3). I'm not pleased.
WHAT?!? But...Parker Lewis CAN'T lose!!! (even if he was the Fox / poor man's version of Ferris Bueller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJwmddvSPc

[quote name="karkyco" post="11731975" timestamp="1399070416"]WHAT?!? But...Parker Lewis CAN'T lose!!! (even if he was the Fox / poor man's version of Ferris Bueller)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJwmddvSPc[/quote]The Kube!!!

bread's done
Back