Gamestop: 20% Off Any Game $49.99 Or More

Got a decent deal on GOW3.. I hate CA sales tax :(

gow3.png

Is there a link to this coupon? If I can print this off an use it in store that would be awesome to stack with the $25 off any game priced $39.99 or more.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']Seems to work on multiple cheap games as long as your total is greater than 49.99[/QUOTE]

hope this doesn't kill the deal

yeah the coupon works on orders $50 or more. currently have darksiders and brutal legend used for a grand total of $36.70. wondering if i should bite

does not seem to be stackable

tried it with 10auto - no dice

tried it with 15new - no dice

however, saver does work

[quote name='mahyar1']

Works on preorders too :cool:[/QUOTE]
So nice but the question for me is do I preorder Alan Wake from GS for a grand total of $51 and have to wake about a week or preorder from Amazon where the price is still $59.99 but gives a $10 credit and will probably be at my doorstep in about 3 days? Hmmmm.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']Seems to work on multiple cheap games as long as your total is greater than 49.99[/QUOTE]

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong but it only seems to discount the three cheapest games in my cart.

The Monster Hunter Tri Bundle (with Classic Controller Pro) disappeared. Pity. I have a $25 GameStop GC I wanted to use on it and this deal would've sealed it.

[quote name='h2dk']Demon's Souls (used) just dropped to $39.99 online...[/QUOTE]

In for that and Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time for $32.99 used.

Would it stack with an edge card discount for a used game? I have been eyeballing Fallout 3 GOTY for a while, and that might be the deal I am looking for.

[quote name='Electro']God damnit i just bought demon souls and they lower it to 50.00!!![/QUOTE]

$39.99 with coupon.

I want it, but I don't think I want to spend that much.

On the flip side, it is Atlus, so it's anyone's guess how long, if ever, it will take to decrease anymore.

Anyone know if the print run on this game is limited?

[quote name='ssjmichael']not everyone wants to spend $100?[/QUOTE]

Joke post? Though judging by the name...

You get 5% more off with 25OFF and you can simply put pre-orders on your order and cancel them after the stuff you want ships.

[quote name='dualedge2']The Monster Hunter Tri Bundle (with Classic Controller Pro) disappeared. Pity. I have a $25 GameStop GC I wanted to use on it and this deal would've sealed it.[/QUOTE]
This truly sucks.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Joke post? Though judging by the name...

You get 5% more off with 25OFF and you can simply put pre-orders on your order and cancel them after the stuff you want ships.[/QUOTE]

this works? and when you cancel the preorder, do they take out the preorder discounted item too?

FYI ... ENT20 (or 10AUTO) works for 250 GB XBOX HD ... LOL.

order before they catch on ... too bad I got mine already ...

yeah i got my justcause 2 with 25% off and I can cancel lost planet 2 preorder whenever i want if the reviews go bad, or 25% off a new game is a good deal too.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']Joke post? Though judging by the name...

You get 5% more off with 25OFF and you can simply put pre-orders on your order and cancel them after the stuff you want ships.[/QUOTE]

It's exploit attempts like these that make retailers hesitant to release good deals.

People complain about how GS sucks and how they try to "rip the consumers off," and yet when they do release great deals the same people would take advantage of GS's system flaws. :roll:

In any case, this is a great deal for some of the new games. In for Resonance of Fate, although the CA tax rate kind of sucks still.

[quote name='ZForce915']Is there a link to this coupon? If I can print this off an use it in store that would be awesome to stack with the $25 off any game priced $39.99 or more.[/QUOTE]

Where can the $25 off a game $39.99+ coupon be found? I'd be interested in using that one :)

[quote name='jinpak']this works? and when you cancel the preorder, do they take out the preorder discounted item too?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They ship stuff out separately so you just go into your order screen and cancel what you don't want after you get the stuff that you do want.

They can't take out the item you've already gotten, and they're not gonna charge you the extra amount you saved on the already-shipped items.

I don't think the 5% extra will break them, monkey.

somehow the code is working for New Super Mario Bros Wii used.

Dropped my price down to about $28.80.

Debating getting it or AC2 on PS3. I could snag AC2 for like $25, but I've played through the game already....

[quote name='monkeydoodle']It's exploit attempts like these that make retailers hesitant to release good deals.

People complain about how GS sucks and how they try to "rip the consumers off," and yet when they do release great deals the same people would take advantage of GS's system flaws. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Bingo.

[quote name='dylandersen']Got a decent deal on GOW3.. I hate CA sales tax :(

gow3.png
[/QUOTE]

How can a state with the worlds 8th largest economy and the U.S.'s highest sales tax be broke?...sorry thats not a gaming question- never mind. :cool:

[quote name='monkeydoodle']It's exploit attempts like these that make retailers hesitant to release good deals.

People complain about how GS sucks and how they try to "rip the consumers off," and yet when they do release great deals the same people would take advantage of GS's system flaws. :roll:

In any case, this is a great deal for some of the new games. In for Resonance of Fate, although the CA tax rate kind of sucks still.[/QUOTE]
well you used the word retailers in general [i agree up to there] BUT this is gamestop we are talking about..
so...

lolno

i think it is time for Gamestop to bend over and take it full force, at least once.

[quote name='FactionG']Not really. Unless you want a gutted copy for pickup.[/QUOTE]

they need a USED game in-store pickup...

the used shit they ship from the online store, is the shit that's TOO ugly looking for the stores during trade-ins, it's the shit that you trade in-store and they throw in a cardboard box for "refurb" and then never refurb, mark it defective, and ship it out to the customers...

more than half the used games I've ordered online have been scratched and scuffed away to unplayable status, the other half may have worked but were in horrible condition. I've never gotten a good looking disc/non-defective marked used game from GS online.

so yea, an in-store pickup option for used games would be awesome, but they wont do that cus they wanna get rid of this defective shit.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they need a USED game in-store pickup...

the used shit they ship from the online store, is the shit that's TOO ugly looking for the stores during trade-ins, it's the shit that you trade in-store and they throw in a cardboard box for "refurb" and then never refurb, mark it defective, and ship it out to the customers...

more than half the used games I've ordered online have been scratched and scuffed away to unplayable status, the other half may have worked but were in horrible condition. I've never gotten a good looking disc/non-defective marked used game from GS online.

so yea, an in-store pickup option for used games would be awesome, but they wont do that cus they wanna get rid of this defective shit.[/QUOTE]

I thought there was this "clean-up" campaign by GS not too long ago here on CAG, where they promised that all used games come in complete working condition with original box, artwork and manual? I think it was run as some kind of contest and I just assumed after that that GS has cleaned up its act.

[quote name='wEEman33']Gamestop really needs an in-store pickup option.[/QUOTE]

They have one for pre-orders, HOWEVER I just found out that if you choose it, they also force payment in-store, thus the online promo codes DO NOT WORK! I tried to use the 25OFF code (25% off of >$100 combined purchase) for 4 items, 2 of which were pre-orders, and 2 were used. I had to choose shipping to my home in order for the discount to stick... It did stack with edge!

Besides which, unless you are trying to take advantage of an online only promo, the website tells you exactly which stores have inventory near you, and I've found it to be quite accurate. So just go online first and you don't have to hunt for what you are looking for.

Note that GS.com takes 10% edge off before applying 25% promo :(
I believe B&M stores take edge and stacked promos each off the retail price.

I got the following xbox 360 games 25% off:
$44.99 Splinter Cell Conviction (pre-order)
$29.99 Super Street Fighter IV (pre-order)
$18.89 Assassin's Creed II (used with Edge bonus)
$12.14 Fallout III (used w/edge) ("borrow" the GOTY expansion disc for free)

Subtotal: $106.01
Estimated Tax: $9.28 (yes I live in CA, no tax here is not quite as brutal as NYC)
Total: $115.29

I used store credit from flips which is why I bought these here instead of similar pricing elsewhere. though I would have preferred the SSFIV costume pack at Amazon to finger-puppets at GS. I have had good luck with used games at GS.com and if they suck, I'll just trade them in locally for a mint copy. The stores are full of AC2 and Fallout III.

Not the best percentage-off they've offered, but it looks like most of the used game prices are less 'inflated' right now, definitely making it worth picking up a couple more titles using this and EDGE. Thanks OP!

Worked nice on a pre-order of Splinter Cell:Conviction and I'll sell the pre-order codes for the in game shotgun 'cuse I already received a weapon upgrade from my Uplay acount with Assassins Creed 2 and I really don't care to much about the Ghost Recon Multiplayer BETA.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']they need a USED game in-store pickup...
[/QUOTE]

While this would definitely be convenient, it's not a huge issue for me, considering you can just exchange the crap games in-store. Yes, it is annoying to have to wait for the game to arrive, find out it's crap, and then have to head out to the store. But, oh well.

[quote name='estofan']I thought there was this "clean-up" campaign by GS not too long ago here on CAG, where they promised that all used games come in complete working condition with original box, artwork and manual? I think it was run as some kind of contest and I just assumed after that that GS has cleaned up its act.[/QUOTE]

They did do that, but it was short-lived. They still "guarantee" that a lot of games will be complete, but you have to make sure that the guarantee is on the item's page. Also, I put "guarantee," because a part of it is a little sketchy. It says the game will come with "a case," which means any kind of case. So, don't be surprised to get a generic black DVD case. Also, it's pretty much well known at this point that GS.com basically ships out the damaged crap that stores take in. We're talking about all of the scratched-up, dented discs. I got a disc the other day that looked like someone damaged it on purpose.

I've actually had great luck with used orders from gs.com. Everything has come in great shape, better then ones in store and with way fewer stickers (each had only one white sticker on the back of the case that was easily removable), and ones with guaranteed original case and manual came with that, and in pristine shape. Mind you, the copy of Mario Kart Double Dash I ordered didn't come with case nor manual, but the disc was very good. I haven't ordered a lot of stuff, though.

[quote name='icedrake523']Ordered Transformers: War for Cybertron since Shockwave is a pre-order bonus. Total came out to $51.xx[/QUOTE]

I placed my order for it last night as well :D

[quote name='crunchewy']I've actually had great luck with used orders from gs.com. Everything has come in great shape, better then ones in store and with way fewer stickers (each had only one white sticker on the back of the case that was easily removable), and ones with guaranteed original case and manual came with that, and in pristine shape. Mind you, the copy of Mario Kart Double Dash I ordered didn't come with case nor manual, but the disc was very good. I haven't ordered a lot of stuff, though.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. Past 10 or so games i've ordered may as well of been labeled new and all original case/manual. Couldn't complain about used games from their web site one bit.

bayonetta ps3 R&C CiT and darksiders 360 got me to just over 100 with 25 off got it to 75 no sales tax here in OR... can you use edge card at same time as 25 off?

[quote name='qender187']bayonetta ps3 R&C CiT and darksiders 360 got me to just over 100 with 25 off got it to 75 no sales tax here in OR... can you use edge card at same time as 25 off?[/QUOTE]

If it's for used games, yes the Edge Card 10% discount stacks.

bread's done
Back