GameStop: 25% off NGC/GBA games coupon, expires 2/7

freakyzeeky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
EBC3004652.jpg

[quote name='Ruahrc']
I just printed off this coupon and gave it to the sales clerk at the gamestop. Is there anything preventing me from just printing out another copy and using it again?[/quote]

Nope, not really. I usually use them in various stores so I've used more then one. Not in the same place, but I don't think there would be much issue if you used a few at one place on different visits. They want your money you know. :) These coupons are about the only way they get me in there.

Yeah, it does say one coupon per visit, so there really isn't anything stopping you from using it at the same place multiple times. I guess, if they wanted to be huge dicks, they could bitch at you and say you're a "dealer," but I don't see that happening. As the above poster says, they want your business, especially with something like this. We're doing them a service, taking a load of old games off their hands. Hell, they are probably still making a profit, considering the crappy trade-in values they have.

By the way, has anyone else noticed these trends at the stores they have visited? I've gone to three, and the GameCube games are beat to hell and generally only consist of multiple copies of Zelda and Mario games. I have only seen a handful of anything else, especialy third-party titles, and certainly nothing worth getting.

Are you guys using the EB/GS site to find the games you want and then going in to get them? None of the EB/GS around me show as having the stuff I want, so I haven't bothered driving to any of them since they aren't that close and I'd rather not waste the gas.

[quote name='kbock']Thanks for this coupon. My husband used it to go pick up Pikmin 2 yesterday for about 21 dollars. Unfortunately, it wouldn't work, so he had to go return it.

When they did the return, the computer was telling the saleslady to return $26 cash. Despite me bluring out, "That's more than we paid...!" she just handed us the extra $5 and let us walk away. I wonder what happened there.[/quote] Compensation for paying for a game tagged at $24.99 used that's available for $19.99 new normally? :p

Just a heads-up for all cheapy cheap gamers. The 10% off entire purchase coupon that's still floating around will not stack with the 25% off GCN/GBA coupon AND the EDGE Card. The GameStop computers only allow 2 promotions at one time.

However, if you don't have an EDGE card, you should be able to use the 10% off coupon that comes in emails for signing up for GameStop newsletters in conjunction with the 25% coupon.

The employee discount works the same way and won't stack with the coupon and EDGE card.

Now go buy Fire Emblem.

[quote name='Ryukahn']Are you guys using the EB/GS site to find the games you want and then going in to get them? None of the EB/GS around me show as having the stuff I want, so I haven't bothered driving to any of them since they aren't that close and I'd rather not waste the gas.[/quote]

I just tried the search functionality, and it does not appear to be working anymore/right now. I know not every store in a 200 mile radius of here (Nashville, TN) is out of new copies of Halo 3, for example, but it comes back with no results found.

[quote name='Clarke']For those of you wishing DDR Mario Mix came with the pads you do know you can buy them on the Nintendo store.[/quote]

I can't find them... searching but the it's not finding them.

[quote name='SirChadlyOC']Just a heads-up for all cheapy cheap gamers. The 10% off entire purchase coupon that's still floating around will not stack with the 25% off GCN/GBA coupon AND the EDGE Card. The GameStop computers only allow 2 promotions at one time.

However, if you don't have an EDGE card, you should be able to use the 10% off coupon that comes in emails for signing up for GameStop newsletters in conjunction with the 25% coupon.

The employee discount works the same way and won't stack with the coupon and EDGE card.

Now go buy Fire Emblem.[/quote]

The 10% coupon has the "may not be combined with another offer" text. I'd say it's YMMV on getting the clerk to stack the two.

Are you guys using the EB/GS site to find the games you want and then going in to get them? None of the EB/GS around me show as having the stuff I want, so I haven't bothered driving to any of them since they aren't that close and I'd rather not waste the gas.
I have gotten lucky a number of times, having found a few rare titles used that the system did not say the store had any copies of. But if the stores aren't that close, I wouldn't waste my time or money. Lucky for me, I have a bunch of stores within striking distance, so I don't mind too much when it comes to rolling the dice.

The 10% coupon has the "may not be combined with another offer" text. I'd say it's YMMV on getting the clerk to stack the two.
Indeed. Stacking promotions is always highly YMMV. As most already know, the only thing that always stacks is the Edge Card. Everything else you have to get lucky with. Almost all therir promotions are of the "may not be combined" variety.

[quote name='Gentlegamer']I've never used a GameStop coupon before . . . do I just print this out and present it at the store?[/quote]

You should be able to. It is an e-mail special, but unlike some, it doesn't specifically say you need to bring in the whole e-mail. I guess, if they wanted to, the the cashiers could give you a stink about it, but at the end of the day, you're still doing the store a favor by helping them unload old games.

Does anyone happen to know what Fire Emblem and Mario Superstar Baseball are going for used at Gamestop? I want to pick up both but not if they're price jacking them.

[quote name='illmatic21']Does anyone happen to know what Fire Emblem and Mario Superstar Baseball are going for used at Gamestop? I want to pick up both but not if they're price jacking them.[/quote]
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - $16.99
Mario Superstar Baseball - $34.99 :hot:

Picked up Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (complete) for $11.98 with Edge card and coupon.

Went to another Gamestop to get Pikmin 2, wasn't complete unfortunately. Cashier tried to screw me over and say that I can't combine the Edge card with coupon cause they're "offers." He scanned both anyway, both went through, but he insisted to talk to his manager to make sure.

Obviously, the manager said it stacks, without any hesitation. Price came up as $16.24. Hope it works though, the disc is dinged up quite a bit.

wtf @ 34.99.

Yep, welcome to the wonderful world of "rare" used games at GameStop. I mean, I can get a used copy on eBay for less than this, and if it is from a good seller, chances are that it will be infinitely better condition than whatever trash I find at GS. Even with the coupon and Edge, it still isn't worth it.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yep, welcome to the wonderful world of "rare" used games at GameStop. I mean, I can get a used copy on eBay for less than this, and if it is from a good seller, chances are that it will be infinitely better condition than whatever trash I find at GS. Even with the coupon and Edge, it still isn't worth it.[/quote]

I remeber picking that up for like 16.xx at CC. I can't believe the prices GS is selling those for.

What really bothers me is how you are supposed to pay the same price for used games, regardless of their condition (be it complete, or disc only.) I've never traded in a game that wasn't complete, but does anyone know if there is a difference in the trade-in credit the customer would receive?

[quote name='SuperFox']What really bothers me is how you are supposed to pay the same price for used games, regardless of their condition (be it complete, or disc only.) I've never traded in a game that wasn't complete, but does anyone know if there is a difference in the trade-in credit the customer would receive?[/quote]
In theory, it's supposed to be about $1 less trade-in credit if there's no case (no ruling on manual/no manual), but I've only seen this entered in when someone has a large stack of discs without any cases at all. I've worked at GS for 4 months now, and I've seen it entered in maybe twice. I've even asked my manager how to do it, and he said, "Don't worry about it."

On the other side, though, every one of my co-workers checks the disc before selling it. If it's scratched, they grab a different disc. If it's the only disc we have, most warn the customer to keep the receipt so they can return it if there's any problems. Also, we had another GS send us a copy of a rare game once someone returned a defective disc that we couldn't replace. This is definitely a YMMV sort of thing; my manager just happens to be all about customer service. He'll probably get canned in the next few months if he keeps that up :roll:

[quote name='SuperFox']What really bothers me is how you are supposed to pay the same price for used games, regardless of their condition (be it complete, or disc only.) I've never traded in a game that wasn't complete, but does anyone know if there is a difference in the trade-in credit the customer would receive?[/quote]

I'm in the same, exact boat as you, friend. I never, ever trade in disc-only games. All of my stuff is complete. The disc might be slightly scratched, or the box might be a little scuffed, but the games always work perfectly. So, I have no clue if they penalize you for disc only trade-ins, but I have seen some people saying it is YMMV.

I got Pikmin 2 rental copy from Family Video (I know they are a chain, but dunno how widespread) for $10 a couple years ago. Complete, too. Why the hell hasn't Nintendo reprinted some of these?

Tactics Ogre for the GBA for $8!!! :applause:

Found it today. Normally I don't even look at the GBA games and it just happeend to be sitting there.

Well, the mall's Gamestop had next to nothing good. Tons of copies of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, though. A few Gotcha Forces.

The one closer to where I live? I got Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (no manual, beat up case - I'm getting these off eBay in a few minutes) and Geist (minty!) for $21 after this coupon and Edge. :)

[quote name='Kitsune Sniper']Well, the mall's Gamestop had next to nothing good. Tons of copies of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, though. A few Gotcha Forces.

The one closer to where I live? I got Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (no manual, beat up case - I'm getting these off eBay in a few minutes) and Geist (minty!) for $21 after this coupon and Edge. :)[/quote]

How much are they selling Gotcha force for? Theres none in my area.

p.s. nice avatar

[quote name='mickeyp']is this game worth it "gotch force"?[/quote]

It's a really fun fighter that plays like a cross between Virtual-On and Pokemon. I'd definitely recommend it.

Anyways, I picked up Mario Golf, Hamtaro, and DKC 3 for the GBA for about $30 with this coupon at a local store. Gonna try and hit a few more tomorrow, thanks OP!

Thanks. I picked up Pikmin, Pikmin 2, and Wario World for $35. Might hit up a few other stores to pick up some additional games.

[quote name='mickeyp']is this game worth it "gotch force"?[/quote]
Gotcha Force is one of my top 5 favorite games (points to his avatar). It looks kiddy, but some fights are insanely hard.

Just picked up the Zelda 4pack in great condition for ~26. A great find for me since i missed out on owning a 64

Any game worth picking up in my area will infallibly be in the ghetto, according to the locator (DDR Mario Mix, Tactics Ogre, Fire Emblem, etc.). The serious risk of being mugged isn't worth the 25% savings. Ah well, I've got a ton of games to move anyway...

Has anybody else noticed that Gamestop.com has their GC prices jacked up now. I was going to go out and pick up Metroid Prime today, but they raised the price $2 from $4.99 to $6.99...which basically negates the 35% off. Mario DDR was also raised $10 to $59.99. Why even bother having the promotion GS??? WTF!

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Has anybody else noticed that Gamestop.com has their GC prices jacked up now. I was going to go out and pick up Metroid Prime today, but they raised the price $2 from $4.99 to $6.99...which basically negates the 35% off. Mario DDR was also raised $10 to $59.99. Why even bother having the promotion GS??? WTF![/quote]

I noticed it too. They jacked up Fire Emblem's price by three dollars. What the fuck is up with that?

Luckily, I jumped on the games I wanted before the prices went up. Still, that's so stupid.

Wow, that's really low of them. $60 for a potentially disc-only, banged-up copy of Mario DDR? What a rip-off. They are really getting out of hand with trying to match eBay prices.

I'm suprised how much I actually got during this sale... I ended up going to 3 different stores, heh.

Pikmin (Game Cube) - $8.44 (was 12.99)
Phantasy Star Collection (GBA) - $6.49 (was $9.99)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (GBA) - $5.19 (was $7.99)
Summon Night: Sword Craft Story (GBA) - $9.74 (was $14.99, but with stickers that said $17.99)
Summon Night: Sword Craft Story 2 (GBA) - $8.44 (was $12.99, but stickers said $14.99)

All prices were before sales tax... so all of that for ~$40.00

Pikmin 2 was listed as being instore, but they couldn't find it. I'm just happy I was able to find some of these rarer GBA RPGs.

I'm glad that I got Pikmin 2 when I did. I suddenly wanted it and called around, and 1 store had it. Went there and it didn't have a case, and I knew the manager so he gave me $5 off. So I came home and made my own cover (after the manager also gave me a gamecube case :))

might go pick up Pikimin 1 and a couple other games with this offer.

also...

does anyone know how much Pikmin 1 is at gamestop? I remember like 12.99 or something but unsure and the site isn't of any help :(

bread's done
Back