Gamestop 30% Trade-In Bonus- Any Games Any Qty. - 3 Days Only 11/27-11/29

I know the coupon says games, but do these coupons ever work on accessories? I have 2 wired Guitar Hero controllers I would like to dispose of. And for that matter, does anyone have a new trade-in value for thoes? The wiki seems to be out-of-date for this item.

Not sure if all guitars are the same or not, but I traded in a couple of wired guitars for 360 a couple weeks ago and got $15 apiece...$21 each after 30% bonus/10% Edge.

anyone know the value of the halo 3 tin version, jumped on that legendary deal and need to unload my other copy, wiki had a 30 or 35 trade value for eb but that was last updated a month and a half ago.

Can anyone confirm that this works? I was just at my local store and the guy there seemed to know nothing about it

Cool, been wanting to dump Wii Play since I only got it for the Wii remote. Only going for $10 credit right now, but still not a bad deal.

Should stack with Edge card too, unless it's different from the previous tradein coupons/deals.

[quote name='jobes2007']Can anyone confirm that this works? I was just at my local store and the guy there seemed to know nothing about it[/quote]

In general Gamestop staff is completely clueless over coupons since corporate doesn't exactly pass on the weekly coupons to them (they generally always work if there's a code for the employee to type in).

Nice! I couldn't find a third game to go along with Halo 3 and Kane & Lynch for the B2G1 sale so I grabbed Ratchet since it had a $30 trade in value.

I only paid $33 for Ratchet but with this and the Edge card I could get $42! Not bad at all.

[quote name='pogipinoy27']does anyone know where this came from? Just in case they ask questions when I use it?[/quote]
i'd guess from an e-mail... but most def you could say from gamestop's website (look at the coupon's url)

Gahhhh, I needed this coupon (couldn't find a 5th game to trade in) but my boyfriend has 2 of my trade-in games and won't be here until the 30th :(

Still? Jebus. We've got a 50% extra coupon floating around for a few local stores, which would theoretically bring Halo 3's trade with Edge to...umm...$56. I know that their restrictions say the credit is limited to the used retail price of the game, so it'd still be $54.99. Great googly moogly.

On another note, my pile of Katamari Damacy games from Amazon is floating around town somewhere waiting to be delivered. Should get $12-15 apiece depending on what they're trading at these days.

So any games as long as they are in their computer system right? I doubt i can trade in madden 02 03 and 04 right? if so i'd love to ambush gamestop with junk :)

[quote name='TahoeMax']Still? Jebus. We've got a 50% extra coupon floating around for a few local stores, which would theoretically bring Halo 3's trade with Edge to...umm...$56. I know that their restrictions say the credit is limited to the used retail price of the game, so it'd still be $54.99. Great googly moogly.

On another note, my pile of Katamari Damacy games from Amazon is floating around town somewhere waiting to be delivered. Should get $12-15 apiece depending on what they're trading at these days.[/quote]

And chance of a link to the floating 50% ?:eek:

[quote name='GameReeper']So any games as long as they are in their computer system right? I doubt i can trade in madden 02 03 and 04 right? if so i'd love to ambush gamestop with junk :)[/quote]

For real.

There is no limit to the amount of games for this is there? I'm looking to at least trade-in 15-20 games

so can someone clear this up for me. So basically this coupon adds 30% of the value of the game you are trading in? Example: Halo 3 =$35 trade in then with the 30% coupon it becomes $45.50 value. And finally does the value you get in store credit or cash?

Doesn't appear to be a limit.

Although if you are trading in 5+ games, you don't need the coupon since the other deal is going on.

Typically their trade-in bonuses are for credit only. You can get cash but it's a lower value and you probably won't get the bonus.

If you're going to be doing a significant amount of trading in and/or buy a lot of used games from GS, you should really get an Edge card. It stacks with most coupons/promotions and gives an extra 10% on trade-ins (40% total on this deal) as well as 10% off used games/accessories.

[quote name='TahoeMax']On another note, my pile of Katamari Damacy games from Amazon is floating around town somewhere waiting to be delivered. Should get $12-15 apiece depending on what they're trading at these days.[/quote]

Ditto.

[quote name='distinct101']thanks for clearing that up! I never dealt with gamestop/eb before.[/quote]

Yeah, bonuses only apply to credit. Cash will net you 80% of trade value.

[quote name='TahoeMax']Still? Jebus. We've got a 50% extra coupon floating around for a few local stores, which would theoretically bring Halo 3's trade with Edge to...umm...$56. I know that their restrictions say the credit is limited to the used retail price of the game, so it'd still be $54.99. Great googly moogly.

On another note, my pile of Katamari Damacy games from Amazon is floating around town somewhere waiting to be delivered. Should get $12-15 apiece depending on what they're trading at these days.[/quote]
i got 9.60 and traded in on sat.

[quote name='GameReeper']So any games as long as they are in their computer system right? I doubt i can trade in madden 02 03 and 04 right? if so i'd love to ambush gamestop with junk :)[/quote]

says ANY games, pretty sure u can doit lol

[quote name='Furashu']i got 9.60 and traded in on sat.[/QUOTE]

$9.60? Is that the base value before bonuses, or does that include bonuses?

[quote name='GameReeper']So any games as long as they are in their computer system right? I doubt i can trade in madden 02 03 and 04 right? if so i'd love to ambush gamestop with junk :)[/QUOTE]

You probably can, but 30% extra on 10 cents is just 3 cents more...

[quote name='worshipsf']You probably can, but 30% extra on 10 cents is just 3 cents more...[/QUOTE]
yes but if you had 50000 madden 04s then you would be RICH!

[quote name='Xo ColdKilla oX']Does gamestop check if games work?[/QUOTE]

They do a visual check of the disc... got hit with a "refurb fee" once, and I imagine they'd reject it if it looked seriously messed up.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']And chance of a link to the floating 50% ?:eek:[/quote]

I honestly can't find any more, either. It was a printed flier that I found on the ground one day and haven't seen since. Here's a link to the thread I created about it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159626

If you manage to get your hands on one, it's good at the 4 stores listed in the OP and potentially at the other 4 stores on the scan in the 2nd post. My flier and his flier differed slightly, so I'm not sure which places would work...although I've verified it at the Rockridge center location.

Alternatively you could go in and ask them to manually punch in the coupon code. That might work, too.

LOL, vienge!

Katamari Damacy traded in for $13.44 ($9.60 + 40% if they'll combine with edge) would make sense to do, as you probably aren't going to do much better selling on ebay even new, most likely even worse after all the fees. Presuming, that is, that the $9.60 value is universal and they haven't lowered the trade-in value ahead of this deal.

[quote name='helloEric']Anyone know the trade in value for Guitar Hero III (Wii) with Guitar?

Thanks![/quote]

Trade it dont sell it! I'll give you more than GS (as would most people)

Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii traded in for $50 2 weeks ago, which makes $70 after the 40% bonus.

Hard to beat it, especially considering shipping costs...

[quote name='worshipsf']Guitar Hero 3 for the Wii traded in for $50 2 weeks ago, which makes $70 after the 40% bonus.

Hard to beat it, especially considering shipping costs...[/quote]

Great.....thanks!

bread's done
Back