Gamestop - 50% trade bonus from 10/14-10/16 - select stores

[quote name='chuckywang']Hey, at least you don't have to preorder anything.[/QUOTE]

You dont have to preorder at BB, you just have to give them $5 for a week or so

[quote name='chuckywang']Hey, at least you don't have to preorder anything.[/QUOTE]
Must be refering to BB having to preorder to get some great TIV. But its not like later on you cant cancel the preorder, and get your 5 bucks back.

[quote name='n8dawwg']Must be refering to BB having to preorder to get some great TIV. But its not like later on you cant cancel the preorder, and get your 5 bucks back.[/QUOTE]

Which is a hassle in and of itself. I'd prefer not having BB take my driver's license info each and every time I do that.

Ughhhh, just traded in Goldeneye (Wii) yesterday because I wasn't able to go LAST week when they ran it and thought they wouldn't run it for at least a few more weeks -.-

[quote name='n8dawwg']Must be refering to BB having to preorder to get some great TIV. But its not like later on you cant cancel the preorder, and get your 5 bucks back.[/QUOTE]

thats exactly what i did. deus ex dropped to 12 at GS, so i walked across the parking lot to check BB, 20 bucks with 50% if i pre-order BF3...

done deal. $30 gift card. cancelled pre-order the next day. although i do want BF3 at some point.

I got no email about this, despite the fact that there are several Best Buys near the GS's around here. Is there a way to look up online which stores are participating? I don't want to call around and have to explain the promo to people on the phone. They generally don't know about promos even when they are currently running them.

That's weird. I got this email, too (for Oct 14 -16). The weird thing is that I got the exact same email last week, but it was for the weekend of Oct 7 - 9. Guess they're hurting for games? Didn't have anything to trade in last week, but I will this week. :D

[quote name='io']I got no email about this, despite the fact that there are several Best Buys near the GS's around here. Is there a way to look up online which stores are participating? I don't want to call around and have to explain the promo to people on the phone. They generally don't know about promos even when they are currently running them.[/QUOTE]

I would suggest just calling Gamestops in the same parking lot as a Best Buy. If a Gamestop is running this promo, they'd know about it cause it is specific to their store. I called around my area, and found 3 Gamestops running this promo.

[quote name='chuckywang']I would suggest just calling Gamestops in the same parking lot as a Best Buy. If a Gamestop is running this promo, they'd know about it cause it is specific to their store. I called around my area, and found 3 Gamestops running this promo.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Well, there aren't any actually in the same parking lots (or even the same shopping centers) but they are in the same area. So maybe that's why I didn't get the email - maybe it is only for ones right next to Best Buy stores.

It isn't worth calling as I don't even have much to trade right now and it would be work scrounging things up for it. It is just so much easier for me to take those same things to Best Buy anyway. GS has to do the work to get me to trade stuff in - if they want to run that promo locally and send me an email about it, that's fine. If not, oh well...

I got this e-mail, and it also listed a store I usually don't go to in my area. I called that store to confirm, and he said all GS stores are doing it. Take that for what it's worth. This is in Jacksonville, FL.

I just got the e-mail too and it said it was just for my local store up here in Oro Valley, Arizona. Of course that's the store I put as "my store" in my PUR thing so that might have something to do with it.

probably no surprise here, but i checked out the listed store with a couple games, and the post bonus TIV's were about the same as what they were pre-bonus last week. (according to the TIV tracker here)

bread's done
Back