Gamestop 8 pre-order deals

stevo1002

CAGiversary!
Didn't see this posted yet, Gamestop has pre-order bonuses for 8 games... most have already been brought up in other threads, but the newest is $5 off Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep *sleep (c'mon amazon match this please)!

$10 off Prince of Persia plus free content *sands
$40 trade-in toward Mario Galaxy 2
50% off Battlefield 2 (gamestop digital download)
Free content and overnight shipping Blur *blur
$5 off Naruto Ultimate Ninja 3 *ninja3
Free overnight shipping on Batman GOTY *Cape
Free content and overnight shipping on Alan Wake *Alan
Free collectors stuff Harry Potter Lego *dealius
Free outfit and challenges Red Dead Revolver *deadeye

* is the code during checkout

http://s898.photobucket.com/home/stevo1002/recentuploads?view=slideshow

Last edited by a moderator:
I e-mailed Gamestop about this to see if they would apply them to my current order and the response I got back was... interesting.

They responded with all this garbage about Starcraft II and the beta which I don't have pre-ordered and never did and it had absolutely nothing to do with my original e-mail. ._.;

Guess I am going to have to try again.

Just to be clear...does this only work for people who ordered with overnight shipping? I tried to get it on my Alan Wake and RDR 25off order and they reviewed it and said they can't apply the free overnight to it. Both have value ground btw.

[quote name='steveinneed']Just to be clear...does this only work for people who ordered with overnight shipping? I tried to get it on my Alan Wake and RDR 25off order and they reviewed it and said they can't apply the free overnight to it. Both have value ground btw.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just sent them an e-mail. I preordered both with Ground shipping too. When I did, they didn't have the coupon codes for free overnight shipping.

I was using the free shipping (not via coupon) on my 25off order, but they still upgraded to overnight for free on UFC and RDR. I'm hoping another coupon comes in for ModNationRacers, then I'll get all my games in fast :D

[quote name='steveinneed']Just to be clear...does this only work for people who ordered with overnight shipping? I tried to get it on my Alan Wake and RDR 25off order and they reviewed it and said they can't apply the free overnight to it. Both have value ground btw.[/QUOTE]

Try emailng them. I did RDR + SMG2 with the 25OFF and said that there is a new coupon that wasn't out when I first ordered.

Here is what they said:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
For your satisfaction we have processed a request to have your shipping costs refunded to you. You should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best Regards

[quote name='kyrhon']Try emailng them. I did RDR + SMG2 with the 25OFF and said that there is a new coupon that wasn't out when I first ordered.

Here is what they said:

Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.
For your satisfaction we have processed a request to have your shipping costs refunded to you. You should see the refund process within the next 3-5 business days, depending upon your financial institutions credit policies.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.
Best Regards[/QUOTE]

I was vague but I essentially said the same thing...I think.

[quote name='steveinneed']I was vague but I essentially said the same thing...I think.[/QUOTE]

Interesting. :T You should be more specific. Tell them that you pre-ordered these games before the coupon codes DEADEYE and the Alan Wake one (I forgot what it was.) Give it a shot.

[quote name='BrolyB593']You mean $10 credit for RDR? Or am I missing something? (I am seriously wondering, not trying to be an a$$ if it was a typo)[/QUOTE]

no gamestop matched the $20 credit amazon and walmart.com were giving for RDR. they weren't even offering a credit for alan wake and they matched that from walmart.com for $10.

*edit* apparently they are now offering a $10 credit for alan wake. i did not see that until just now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, the whole deal turned out swimmingly. Got a few preorders for $44.99 (including Backbreaker for $37.50), and with two calls upgraded all my preorderes to each have free overnight. SWEET!

[quote name='kyrhon']Interesting. :T You should be more specific. Tell them that you pre-ordered these games before the coupon codes DEADEYE and the Alan Wake one (I forgot what it was.) Give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

It worked. Thanks for the help!

Wow. Just went to gamestop to cancel my pre-order for Red Dead I did with the $40 promotion because I saw the deals online. They basically refused me my money, store credit, or even a transfer between games. What could I do now?

[quote name='steveinneed']Just to be clear...does this only work for people who ordered with overnight shipping? I tried to get it on my Alan Wake and RDR 25off order and they reviewed it and said they can't apply the free overnight to it. Both have value ground btw.[/QUOTE]Gamestop has just now upgraded both my RDR and Alan Wake CE (both with 25OFF) to free overnight shipping and I initially had standard ground 3 day. :bouncy:

Sweet! I just called Customer Service and they applied "SLEEP" to my existing KH:BBS pre-order with 25OFF. $25 is a great price to pay on launch day. :D

[quote name='Steelpen2']Well, I just sent them an e-mail. I preordered both with Ground shipping too. When I did, they didn't have the coupon codes for free overnight shipping.[/QUOTE]

I just got a reply back saying the changes I requested have been made. So, I am now getting Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake overnight shipped. I also got a $20 coupon code for matching Amazon.com's credit offer on RDR.

[quote name='Steelpen2']I I also got a $20 coupon code for matching Amazon.com's credit offer on RDR.[/QUOTE]

How'd you do that?

[quote name='steveinneed']How'd you do that?[/QUOTE]

I said one of their competitors, Amazon.com, has a $20 credit, for preordering RDR and asked if they could match it. Bryce, the Gamestop representative, didn't exactly match it, but I'll take the coupon code.

bread's done
Back