GameStop Ad for 3/13 - 3/19

[quote name='Hydelloon']

Another boring week[/QUOTE]

...except that adventure time 3ds is incredibly fun and a steal for the price. didnt need your dumb personal spin

[quote name='fac ownage']...except that adventure time 3ds is incredibly fun and a steal for the price. didnt need your dumb personal spin[/QUOTE]

Maybe he won't even bother posting the ad again with an attitude like that.

[quote name='oasisboy']Where have you been? God of War collection was $19.99. There were some new 360 games for $1.99, a big pile of gamecube games for a couple of bucks, Ninja Blade for $5. Max Payne 3 CE for $20 , Mass Effect 3 CE for $20 and so on. :roll:

Try to find those deals somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

You're trying awfully fucking hard.

Yes Gamestop has some okay deals. Sometimes.

Can you point me in the direction of the last deal on new hardware that they had?

What about the last deal they had on a new release?

Yes they put new(er) games on sale for $40... sometimes. Just like other retailers.

Yes they clearance out games sometimes...Just like other retailers.

The only unmatchable deal they have had so far in 2013, on new software, was GOW Saga for $19.99.

If you are willing to do your own leg work and resell DLC or preorder bonus items then they can be tolerable but that shouldn't be part of the requirement for the average person to make their own deal.

And all the shitty unethical things they do outweigh they positives.

No reason they should be scalping used game prices ABOVE MSRP for new copies

(i.e. L4D2, (44.99 Used) Portal 2, (34.99 Used) Just Cause 2 (34.99 Used), etc.)

Defend that!

[quote name='Psychonik']I hope all the Gamestops burn to the ground.[/QUOTE]

But if this happens how can I preorder stuff for exclusive freebies and then return the game itself over and over and over? fuck GS but they do get nice freebies lol. ;)

I only shop their for sale item, flips or abusing pre-order freebies. Also occasionally for CE games I must have at midnight I'll preorder there, usually once a year: Call of Duty.

[quote name='GBAstar']You're trying awfully fucking hard.

Yes Gamestop has some okay deals. Sometimes.

Can you point me in the direction of the last deal on new hardware that they had?

What about the last deal they had on a new release?

Yes they put new(er) games on sale for $40... sometimes. Just like other retailers.

Yes they clearance out games sometimes...Just like other retailers.

The only unmatchable deal they have had so far in 2013, on new software, was GOW Saga for $19.99.

If you are willing to do your own leg work and resell DLC or preorder bonus items then they can be tolerable but that shouldn't be part of the requirement for the average person to make their own deal.

And all the shitty unethical things they do outweigh they positives.

No reason they should be scalping used game prices ABOVE MSRP for new copies

(i.e. L4D2, (44.99 Used) Portal 2, (34.99 Used) Just Cause 2 (34.99 Used), etc.)

Defend that![/QUOTE]

Don't shop there then. Easy. Or you could do what most do on this site and spend money in various places when they have a sale. I don't see the hate for TRU when they too rarely have sales. If you don't want the used games just buy new (I stopped buying used games unless it import copies of things)

[quote name='joshnorm']Don't shop there then. Easy. Or you could do what most do on this site and spend money in various places when they have a sale. I don't see the hate for TRU when they too rarely have sales. If you don't want the used games just buy new (I stopped buying used games unless it import copies of things)[/QUOTE]

Comparing the deals at TRU to the deals at Gamestop is like comparing the quality of a rolex to a timex.

Toys R Us at least puts deals out, they price match, and I've never paid full price for a game only to find out it had been gutted.

It's not a game store so they aren't going to have a wide selection of CE's but they certainly do have deals.

The only people that defend Gamestop are those that like to buy up used, gutted, games from consoles that are nearing 2+ generations old.

It's also telling the many of the people who defend gamestop either A) work there or B) post in the dumpster diving thread.

I use gamestop for exclusives, as a backup for preorders, and for the handful of CE's they clearance out each year.

Oh and I occasionally enjoy going in and taking a used game like Portal 2 which is $34.99, asking them if the price is correct, when they say "Yes", then in a "matter of fact" tone I can say, oh I'm going next door to Kmart to buy it NEW for $10. TYVM.

[quote name='GBAstar']Comparing the deals at TRU to the deals at Gamestop is like comparing the quality of a rolex to a timex.

Toys R Us at least puts deals out, they price match, and I've never paid full price for a game only to find out it had been gutted.

It's not a game store so they aren't going to have a wide selection of CE's but they certainly do have deals.

The only people that defend Gamestop are those that like to buy up used, gutted, games from consoles that are nearing 2+ generations old.

It's also telling the many of the people who defend gamestop either A) work there or B) post in the dumpster diving thread.

I use gamestop for exclusives, as a backup for preorders, and for the handful of CE's they clearance out each year.

Oh and I occasionally enjoy going in and taking a used game like Portal 2 which is $34.99, asking them if the price is correct, when they say "Yes", then in a "matter of fact" tone I can say, oh I'm going next door to Kmart to buy it NEW for $10. TYVM.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't aware that TRU PMs but they still have shit selection. Besides the bundled deals or online glitches I rarely see sales that make me go in besides those deals. I think the last game was Generator Rex for the achievements.

You are making it out like they force you to buy the gutted game. If that's what they attempt to give me then I pass. It's a policy they have and don't support (so I don't buy them).

I promise you the GS employee doesn't give a flying fuck if you take your business to KMart. I wouldn't be surprised if the employee reminded you to be prepared for a lengthy wait since KMarts are notorious for having no one staffed to help you get that item you want. Or hell thank you for the info since most arent on top of deals Like members on these forms are. The store doesn't set the prices the company does so in their opinions they can sell it to someone for that inflated price.

I don't work there nor do I shop their often since better deals are to be had elsewhere....

If someone wanted to pay me $40 for my copy of L4D2 that I paid like $15 for years ago I would probably sell it for that much if given the opportunity.

GS has terrible deals. TRU has terrible deals. BB has terrible deals. K-Mart has terrible deals. Wal-Mart has terrible deals. Target has terrible deals. Frys has terrible deals. Except when they don't, which is true for all those places at some point. All new games should cost $5 out of box on day of release, and I should probably be given a $50 GC for buying them. Maybe a Visa GC so I can use it anywhere. Really don't get why the stores don't understand that, it's simple economics, really. New hardware shouldn't come with a GC, they should just give it to me if on the day of release if I can prove I have a video game system. Doesn't matter which one or how old, my N-Gage counts! I paid my dues, why should I need to pay again?

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read on these forums: "Oh and I occasionally enjoy going in and taking a used game like Portal 2 which is $34.99, asking them if the price is correct, when they say "Yes", then in a "matter of fact" tone I can say, oh I'm going next door to Kmart to buy it NEW for $10. TYVM."

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']If someone wanted to pay me $40 for my copy of L4D2 that I paid like $15 for years ago I would probably sell it for that much if given the opportunity.

GS has terrible deals. TRU has terrible deals. BB has terrible deals. K-Mart has terrible deals. Wal-Mart has terrible deals. Target has terrible deals. Frys has terrible deals. Except when they don't, which is true for all those places at some point. All new games should cost $5 out of box on day of release, and I should probably be given a $50 GC for buying them. Maybe a Visa GC so I can use it anywhere. Really don't get why the stores don't understand that, it's simple economics, really. New hardware shouldn't come with a GC, they should just give it to me if on the day of release if I can prove I have a video game system. Doesn't matter which one or how old, my N-Gage counts! I paid my dues, why should I need to pay again?

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read on these forums: "Oh and I occasionally enjoy going in and taking a used game like Portal 2 which is $34.99, asking them if the price is correct, when they say "Yes", then in a "matter of fact" tone I can say, oh I'm going next door to Kmart to buy it NEW for $10. TYVM."[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't read much on the forums.

I bet I buy more games day one then 99% of the people on CAG.

Most companies at least try; Most companies are at least competitive. Gamestop doesn't and isn't and is closing shop in many locations due to that.

It is never good to see a retailer that sells games go out of business because it means less competition in an already niche market. Last thing I want to see is Walmart become the king of video games.

However Gamestop is down right dirty and deceptive and it prays on uninformed and misinformed consumers to buy up its deals.

I was in GS a week ago and watched a mother spend over $100 on a new copy of Halo 4 (not sealed) and a new Wireless Xbox 360 controller (in a bag).

At the same time Halo 4 was $39.99 almost everywhere (34.99 at some places) and wireless xbox controllers could be purchased for $30 at Sam's club but for less then $40 most other places.

Meanwhile the GS employee is acting all charming and cunning; telling the mother that she got a fantastic deal and that her son will be so happy that she bought him the last copy of this new release game that is surely going to be hard to find (Halo games are grossly over produced and the game had been out for months).

Yep. Gamestop is keeping in classy.

Edit:

If someone wanted to pay me $40 for my copy of L4D2 that I paid like $15 for years ago I would probably sell it for that much if given the opportunity.

So you think it is acceptable for a business whose motto is "Power to the Player" to price gouge the living fuck out of their customer?

You go girl.

[quote name='GBAstar']I guess you don't read much on the forums.

I bet I buy more games day one then 99% of the people on CAG.

Most companies at least try; Most companies are at least competitive. Gamestop doesn't and isn't and is closing shop in many locations due to that.

It is never good to see a retailer that sells games go out of business because it means less competition in an already niche market. Last thing I want to see is Walmart become the king of video games.

However Gamestop is down right dirty and deceptive and it prays on uninformed and misinformed consumers to buy up its deals.

I was in GS a week ago and watched a mother spend over $100 on a new copy of Halo 4 (not sealed) and a new Wireless Xbox 360 controller (in a bag).

At the same time Halo 4 was $39.99 almost everywhere (34.99 at some places) and wireless xbox controllers could be purchased for $30 at Sam's club but for less then $40 most other places.

Meanwhile the GS employee is acting all charming and cunning; telling the mother that she got a fantastic deal and that her son will be so happy that she bought him the last copy of this new release game that is surely going to be hard to find (Halo games are grossly over produced and the game had been out for months).

Yep. Gamestop is keeping in classy.[/QUOTE]

That sales associated should have definitely directed her to Amazon to buy all that shit there. I mean, he would get fired, but it's the right thing to do ya know.

I swear Gamestop fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys. Keep drinking the koolaid.

I only use Gamestop to my advantage and that's not very often (because their deals are far and few between). Pretty much just rotating preorders to get free preorder bonuses and the occasional deal like the God of War Saga. However all of the previous reason for hating them still stand with me (shitty employees, shit trade values, over priced used games, "certified pre-opened games", etc...)

I also don't hope they burn, because where would all the douchebags that think they know anything about games work? Surely can't let them lose into society...

[quote name='n4styn4t3']That sales associated should have definitely directed her to Amazon to buy all that shit there. I mean, he would get fired, but it's the right thing to do ya know.[/QUOTE]

Oh because they're directed to act that way it's okay?

So when a mechanic tells an uninformed old lady she needs to pay $100 extra because he changed her headlight fluid that's all in the game of "Big business"?

Just like when a GS employee tells in uniformed customer that they're getting an awesome deal on this opened but full price AAA game??? And they should buy this or that accessory and preorder the next AAA game because obviously like all vanilla AAA games it'll be hard to find after release? Or if you preorder now you'll be upgraded to the EA Limited Edition?

Or there kid will love the latest used Resident Evil blu-ray for $20? Or this sick Beats gaming headphones for $200?

Subway's slogan is "Eat fresh" but somehow I doubt that they use the freshest ingredients. Papa John's uses the slogan "Papa's in the house." Is Papa truly in the house? Probably not. Nestle has "Good food. Good life." So that means Nestle products are super healthy, right? I don't get why there's any reason to single out "Power To The Players" as a strike against GS for not lining up with their policies when so many other major companies use dumb marketing lingo to mask their practices.

Not sure what GS's you are going to either, but all the people do is ring up products. I can't imagine a new copy of Halo 4 rang up as $100. Even with the warranty thing they try to sell it usually only would add like $3. Unless the whole thing, with the controller was $100, in which case Halo 4 was either $60 with the controller at $40 (lines up with market value for both games), or Halo 4 was $40 with the controller at $60 (lines up with Halo 4 sale prices, controller seems high but maybe they hadn't be adjusted at the time or it was one of the rechargable ones), or both were $50 (again, these prices don't seem crazy). I've had my store adjust prices if a box I bring up is lower than the price in the computer, but never the other way around.

Not that it matters much because after this next gen finishes MS and Sony are going to exclusively control prices once the retail market has been phased out entirely and they are the only ones distributing games.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Keeps repeating itself. I got a $25 gift card for Xmas and still have yet to use it because every week they are outdone by just about everyone else.[/QUOTE]
I was the same way, but had over $100 credit, I got the 25% off used game coupon last weekend and burned it all on used stuff.

It was cool because the guy at the store asked where it came from, checked his account and he had the b2g1 coupon in his.

[quote name='GBAstar']Oh because they're directed to act that way it's okay?

So when a mechanic tells an uninformed old lady she needs to pay $100 extra because he changed her headlight fluid that's all in the game of "Big business"?

Just like when a GS employee tells in uniformed customer that they're getting an awesome deal on this opened but full price AAA game??? And they should buy this or that accessory and preorder the next AAA game because obviously like all vanilla AAA games it'll be hard to find after release? Or if you preorder now you'll be upgraded to the EA Limited Edition?

Or there kid will love the latest used Resident Evil blu-ray for $20? Or this sick Beats gaming headphones for $200?[/QUOTE]

Dude your life must suck really hard if you hate GameStop that much. Your minimum wage job is not paying the bills, right?

I will make it easy on you and will tell you what I tell the haters. DON'T SHOP AT GAMESTOP... Problem is you will when they have a deal you want. The irony.

And halo and a controller for $100? What drugs are you smoking? Seriously, quit that shit. Who cares what people do with their money?

[quote name='Monoxide1986']I swear Gamestop fanboys are just as bad as Apple fanboys. Keep drinking the koolaid.

I only use Gamestop to my advantage and that's not very often (because their deals are far and few between). Pretty much just rotating preorders to get free preorder bonuses and the occasional deal like the God of War Saga. However all of the previous reason for hating them still stand with me (shitty employees, shit trade values, over priced used games, "certified pre-opened games", etc...)

I also don't hope they burn, because where would all the douchebags that think they know anything about games work? Surely can't let them lose into society...[/QUOTE]

You only use GameStop to your advantage? Like Paul Raines gives a fuck about your money being spent at GameStop.

Nice way of generalizing all employees of GameStop. It is funny that there are people like me who worked there while in college and others who work there just for the medical insurance (which other retailers dont offer or is insanely expensive). But hey, I am sure your job flipping burgers is much better.

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude your life must suck really hard if you hate GameStop that much. Your minimum wage job is not paying the bills, right?

I will make it easy on you and will tell you what I tell the haters. DON'T SHOP AT GAMESTOP... Problem is you will when they have a deal you want. The irony.

And halo and a controller for $100? What drugs are you smoking? Seriously, quit that shit. Who cares what people do with their money?[/QUOTE]

funny story off topic

but one of my gamestops in michigan has a lady with a baby hand (tard hand) and i didn't like her touching my games so i bashed her on google review site for the store about her being a freak

next time i was in there she matched my review with my pur name name and told me i'm not welcome . i called her big boss and he told me to come in i met him there he forced her to say sorry and gave me a gift card

me:20

gamestop and lowlife dropouts that work there : 0

that freak hand reminds me of this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHHB00Nu3Ak

[quote name='oasisboy']Dude your life must suck really hard if you hate GameStop that much. Your minimum wage job is not paying the bills, right?

And halo and a controller for $100? What drugs are you smoking? Seriously, quit that shit. Who cares what people do with their money?[/QUOTE]

man you have a problem you work there so you are one of those lowlifes we are talking about

heeeehaw

Halo 4 and an official Xbox 360 controller cost over $100 at gamestop two weeks ago (this was when Newegg had halo 4 for $34.99 and AZ had it for $39.99)

Halo 4 = $59.99

Wireless 360 controller = $49.99

Can you add?

mmmmmm...

Just Cause 2 (360, New) = $19.99 = OOS

Just Cause 2 (360, Preowned) = $34.99 = Instock

YUMMY!

I see what they're doing there! They are opening all the new/sealed games and then charging you a $25 convenience fee!

Yeah buddy!

[quote name='darkvulture']funny story off topic

but one of my gamestops in michigan has a lady with a baby hand (tard hand) and i didn't like her touching my games so i bashed her on google review site for the store about her being a freak

next time i was in there she matched my review with my pur name name and told me i'm not welcome . i called her big boss and he told me to come in i met him there he forced her to say sorry and gave me a gift card

me:20

gamestop and lowlife dropouts that work there : 0

[/QUOTE]

That isn't really funny. That's just you being an asshole.

[quote name='GBAstar']heeeehaw

Halo 4 and an official Xbox 360 controller cost over $100 at gamestop two weeks ago (this was when Newegg had halo 4 for $34.99 and AZ had it for $39.99)

Halo 4 = $59.99

Wireless 360 controller = $49.99

Can you add?[/QUOTE]

you know where he work so no he can't

bread's done
Back