GameStop Ad for 3/25 - 4/2 Spring Savings Days

I just had the most ridiculous experience. I'm not even one of those Gamestop haters; I go there all the time and never have any problems, because I know what they're good for and what they're not. But this was pathetic.

Yesterday I made a Pick Up order for three DS/Wii games, which were all in stock at a store near me. I went over there today after work to pick them up, and they said they didn't have them in stock. Neither I or they could find them anywhere in the store, and they said the only explanation was that they sold it earlier that day. I nearly blew up right then and there at the absurdity of it - what the hell is the point of reserving something if it doesn't actually get RESERVED?

The guy wasn't being particularly helpful, so I went over to one of those module things. Two of the games were available at another store, but the other one wasn't showing up in the computer at all. I asked the guy if there was any way I could get the games from different stores and still get the B2G1 discount (which was reasonable in this situation), and he flatly said no, and immediately started helping another customer.

I stormed out and just decided to buy them online... and they're not available.

[quote name='keyblader1985']I just had the most ridiculous experience. I'm not even one of those Gamestop haters; I go there all the time and never have any problems, because I know what they're good for and what they're not. But this was pathetic.

Yesterday I made a Pick Up order for three DS/Wii games, which were all in stock at a store near me. I went over there today after work to pick them up, and they said they didn't have them in stock. Neither I or they could find them anywhere in the store, and they said the only explanation was that they sold it earlier that day. I nearly blew up right then and there at the absurdity of it - what the hell is the point of reserving something if it doesn't actually get RESERVED?

The guy wasn't being particularly helpful, so I went over to one of those module things. Two of the games were available at another store, but the other one wasn't showing up in the computer at all. I asked the guy if there was any way I could get the games from different stores and still get the B2G1 discount (which was reasonable in this situation), and he flatly said no, and immediately started helping another customer.

I stormed out and just decided to buy them online... and they're not available.[/QUOTE]

You can buy three games and one store and just exchange the third copy at another store....just make sure it's the cheaper game if you want to do it after the sale is over. It's worked for me in the past.

[quote name='guinaevere']Merged threads.

Nice, I get $5 back from my Animal Crossing preorder.[/QUOTE]

Hey DW fan wanted to say hi, you've been a long time member! I remember doing some trades, buys from you in the past!

[quote name='nadohawk']You can buy three games and one store and just exchange the third copy at another store....just make sure it's the cheaper game if you want to do it after the sale is over. It's worked for me in the past.[/QUOTE]

I've tried that before & it didn't fly.

But it's settled now anyway. The games were suddenly in stock online, so I just ordered them there & saved some money by using codes. In the beginning I was willing to pay a bit more for the convenience of having them right away. But that fell through, so I had to go the extreme CAG route.

After using some store credit, the three games only cost me 37 cents.

CAG's never steer me wrong, so I'll reach out once again. Is Assassin's Creed 3 worth the 30 bucks? (I've got some trade in credit and games to trade in)

I was a big fan of AssCreed II, but couldn't muster the strength to play Brotherhood (even though I heard it is great) or Revelations since I was so exhausted of that style after dumping many, MANY hours into Assassin's Creed II. I love games that give me stealth opportunities and have visceral, up close combat options along with some more traditional options (guns and stuff, you know).

THANKS in advance for any advice given, and I hope y'all are having a better first few days of spring that we are on the east coast =)

[quote name='keyblader1985']I just had the most ridiculous experience. I'm not even one of those Gamestop haters; I go there all the time and never have any problems, because I know what they're good for and what they're not. But this was pathetic.

I stormed out and just decided to buy them online... and they're not available.[/QUOTE]

Keyblader1985 next time buy a 99 cent game or something cheap and take the survey. Write what happen and the DM of the area will see it. Make sure to get the name of the person that did not help you at all. This will get that person to be more helpful the next time.

[quote name='bulldozer86']CAG's never steer me wrong, so I'll reach out once again. Is Assassin's Creed 3 worth the 30 bucks? (I've got some trade in credit and games to trade in)

I was a big fan of AssCreed II, but couldn't muster the strength to play Brotherhood (even though I heard it is great) or Revelations since I was so exhausted of that style after dumping many, MANY hours into Assassin's Creed II. I love games that give me stealth opportunities and have visceral, up close combat options along with some more traditional options (guns and stuff, you know).

THANKS in advance for any advice given, and I hope y'all are having a better first few days of spring that we are on the east coast =)[/QUOTE]

I'm a fan of the Assassins Creed games and play them all and have gotten the Platinum on every single 1 and I hate Assassin's Creed 3 I can't bring myself to finish it the story is awful.I would say wait till 4 comes out and then 3 will be super cheap

[quote name='dvgamer']I wonder if Lego Lord of the Rings actually dropped to $30 that week or its just their "advertisement". I've been waiting for it to drop to $20 haha.[/QUOTE]

Target has it for $19.99 this week, and perhaps longer.

[quote name='caca13']Keyblader1985 next time buy a 99 cent game or something cheap and take the survey. Write what happen and the DM of the area will see it. Make sure to get the name of the person that did not help you at all. This will get that person to be more helpful the next time.[/QUOTE]

Yes. They seem to actually take the negative feedback from those with a degree of seriousness. I've been present when an employee was getting chewed out for getting one.

Man! My wallet will be screaming bloody murder this week. First, I am going to TRU for Luigi's Mansion 2 with MK7 for the BOGO 40% off. Now this! Assassin's Creed 3 Wii U 4 $30!!

[quote name='dvgamer']I wonder if Lego Lord of the Rings actually dropped to $30 that week or its just their "advertisement". I've been waiting for it to drop to $20 haha.[/QUOTE]
its 20$ at target

I just experienced the rudest employee I have ever seen at my Gamestop buying some games that were on sale. I e-mailed a complaint about it and was on hold with the support number for twenty minutes before it hung up on me. Does anyone know if there's anything else I can do to complain about this? I feel that nobody will look at that e-mail.

B2G1 is not bad at all...when you mix in bday coupon + PUR pro.

Chrono Trigger 17.99 (actually ended up 14.xx for some reason)
Okamiden 16.29 (actually ended up 12.xx for some reason)
Tales of Symphonia New Dawn Free

Lufia Sinistrels 7.29 (bday coupon)
Children of Mana 7. 29
Ys 7 books 1 + 2 free

Ys and Okamiden are cart only, but im not worried; usually GS is pretty cool with me grabbing a case when another gets traded in.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']B2G1 is not bad at all...when you mix in bday coupon + PUR pro.

Chrono Trigger 17.99 (actually ended up 14.xx for some reason)
Okamiden 16.29 (actually ended up 12.xx for some reason)
Tales of Symphonia New Dawn Free

Lufia Sinistrels 7.29 (bday coupon)
Children of Mana 7. 29
Ys 7 books 1 + 2 free

Ys and Okamiden are cart only, but im not worried; usually GS is pretty cool with me grabbing a case when another gets traded in.[/QUOTE]

Bday coupon stacks with b2 get 1? Very interesting...

[quote name='mpaullin']Bday coupon stacks with b2 get 1? Very interesting...[/QUOTE]

What is the birthday coupon code I think I deleted the email with mine before I found out it was reusable...

[quote name='Pura_Master']I just experienced the rudest employee I have ever seen at my Gamestop buying some games that were on sale. I e-mailed a complaint about it and was on hold with the support number for twenty minutes before it hung up on me. Does anyone know if there's anything else I can do to complain about this? I feel that nobody will look at that e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Fill out the survey on the receipt, GS takes those very seriously.

Just to let people know since the GS "ad" doesn't mention this, BLOPS 2, Crysis 3, & Dead Space 3 are all $40 new as part of this sale. Used copies of BLOPS 2 are not on sale though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bulldozer86']CAG's never steer me wrong, so I'll reach out once again. Is Assassin's Creed 3 worth the 30 bucks? (I've got some trade in credit and games to trade in)

THANKS in advance for any advice given, and I hope y'all are having a better first few days of spring that we are on the east coast =)[/QUOTE]

I have the CE of all the AC games (well the GS only version of Revelations also) and the ending of 3 made me swear off the series. People talk about ME 3 but AC 3 ending is complete garbage.

[quote name='mpaullin']Bday coupon stacks with b2 get 1? Very interesting...[/QUOTE]

no doubt, might have to try it out.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Just to let people know since the GS "ad" doesn't mention this, BLOPS 2, Crysis 3, & Dead Space 3 are all $40 new as part of this sale. Used copies ARE NOT discounted.[/QUOTE]

Fyi I was just in GS and Crysis and Dead Space used where on sale. Blops 2 was not.

went back to get more DS goodness:

Valkyrie Profile Covenant of the Plume 2.69
Meteos 2.69
Magical Starsign Free.

...and they were all complete...could not believe that part. probably one of the best B2G1 I could find lol.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Fill out the survey on the receipt, GS takes those very seriously.[/QUOTE]

The cashier ripped off the bottom of the receipt so I can't fill out the survey because I don't have the feedback number

going to hit them up tomorrow and see what they got i got instore pick up saying they are ready for

Legacy of Ys: Book I & II
Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island

Heroes of Mana

would be around 15 bucks for all 3... love for them to come complete

love to flip them to a place for some major points dirt cheap

[quote name='Pura_Master']The cashier ripped off the bottom of the receipt so I can't fill out the survey because I don't have the feedback number[/QUOTE]

Do you remember his name? That employee deserves to be fired. He did a crappy job and he knew he could be punished for it, so he tried to prevent it. Call up Gamestop Corporate or something, give them his name and where the store is at and complain.

Some high schooler could put that job to better use than him.

[quote name='mrclutch']Fyi I was just in GS and Crysis and Dead Space used where on sale. Blops 2 was not.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I edited my post.

[quote name='Pura_Master']The cashier ripped off the bottom of the receipt so I can't fill out the survey because I don't have the feedback number[/QUOTE]

All you can do is try to contact GS corporate (try Twitter also not just email/phone) and report it that way then.

Sucks stores like that exist and the actual good GS stores get sullied by the actions of others.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Do you remember his name? That employee deserves to be fired. He did a crappy job and he knew he could be punished for it, so he tried to prevent it. Call up Gamestop Corporate or something, give them his name and where the store is at and complain.

Some high schooler could put that job to better use than him.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MSUHitman']All you can do is try to contact GS corporate (try Twitter also not just email/phone) and report it that way then.

Sucks stores like that exist and the actual good GS stores get sullied by the actions of others.[/QUOTE]

I called corporate and did everything I could and sent an e-mail about it as well. Thanks for the advice guys.

[quote name='Pura_Master']I just experienced the rudest employee I have ever seen at my Gamestop buying some games that were on sale. I e-mailed a complaint about it and was on hold with the support number for twenty minutes before it hung up on me. Does anyone know if there's anything else I can do to complain about this? I feel that nobody will look at that e-mail.[/QUOTE]

Sooooo...

What happened? Lol

[quote name='darrenaw9']Did the used price for far cry 3 drop as well?[/QUOTE]

It was still $47.99 at my store. I was hoping they just forgot to change it, but DS3 and C3 were droped...so I'm guessing it didn't drop used.

go to tellgamestop.com. you can send in a report w/o doing a survey "To bypass the survey and report a good or bad experience at a GameStop Store, please click here."

you should put down the exact date and time so they can look up the employees name if needed. good luck man

Where in the hell is our B2G1 on ALL used games!!!??? This would actually coincide pretty nicely with some of those prices on DS3, Crysis 3, AC3, FC3, etc...

Really wanted to jump on the DS deal, but it seems like every store has thrown out the original cases for what games had them...call me picky, but I prefer a complete title in its original case w/ manual.

The Buy 2 Get 1 Free Wii and DS games is it still going on this week? Its still on the website but not in weekly ad so wanted to confirm if anybody knew for sure?

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']The Buy 2 Get 1 Free Wii and DS games is it still going on this week? Its still on the website but not in weekly ad so wanted to confirm if anybody knew for sure?[/QUOTE]I'm not 100% positive, but I think the B2G1 lasts through Sunday (4/7).

so this is it? this was the spring sale? seems like every year around this time gamestop does a big sale of new product, you know the one where they gut everything and put it in a big bin up front. sometimes they do a buy 2 get 1 sale for a couple days of it. the sale usually stretches over several weeks. I hope this last week long sale was not it, so underwhelming.

[quote name='iclash']so this is it? this was the spring sale? seems like every year around this time gamestop does a big sale of new product, you know the one where they gut everything and put it in a big bin up front. sometimes they do a buy 2 get 1 sale for a couple days of it. the sale usually stretches over several weeks. I hope this last week long sale was not it, so underwhelming.[/QUOTE]

you are talking about the ”game days” sale, the one with the bins in the middle of the floor with the games in them. this sale going on isnt it. gamedays sale is around may/june if i remember correctly. cant wait for that one either lol

Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but I must know the story behind this to see if I should be enraged at the employee, or to simply laugh at the ridiculousness of the employee....or both

bread's done
Back