GameStop Ad for 3/6 - 3/12

[quote name='nadohawk']So has Gamestop discontinued B2G1?[/QUOTE]
I think so, they are gonna get my $40 for Far Cry soon if they don't stop fucking around.

The bad part is, I really want about 8 used games, I don't want the new ones!

[quote name='cancerman1120']Buy a copy at $39.99 from GS and return it with the old receipt to a different GS.[/QUOTE]

Ill definatly be doing that tomorrow! Thanks man i didnt even think about doing this.. i just thought i was screwed haha

If all GameStops look like the ones around me then I'm not surprised they haven't had a B2G1 in months. Their stock is pretty crappy, and what they do have is missing the artwork and/or manual.

[quote name='Vap']If all GameStops look like the ones around me then I'm not surprised they haven't had a B2G1 in months. Their stock is pretty crappy, and what they do have is missing the artwork and/or manual.[/QUOTE]

BBY did some damage for quite some time. Not surprised their stock is diminished overall. I really think GS is starting to feel the hurt of BBY. For 6 months GS TiV came no where close to BBY. It's evened out lately, but the damage has been done.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']BBY did some damage for quite some time. Not surprised their stock is diminished overall. I really think GS is starting to feel the hurt of BBY. For 6 months GS TiV came no where close to BBY. It's evened out lately, but the damage has been done.[/QUOTE]

They def. recovered though with the 2 week long 50% boost. I was expecting one last time they had one.

[quote name='CaptFalcon0190']Still no MG:RR price drop yet??!! Come on it didnt take Crysis 3 or Dead Space 3 that long to receive $20 price cuts :cry:[/QUOTE]
It also wasn't published by EA.

[quote name='Lemstar']It also wasn't published by EA.[/QUOTE]

This. And it sucks because I'm in for the new Army of Two at the end of the month. At least Amazon is doing 20 buck credit with pre-order.

I hate how links translate on my Android:

http ://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=FKSJxY2VJAk&subid=0&offerid=121938.1&type=10&tmpid=7050&RD_PARM1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gamestop.com%2Fgs%2Fweeklyad%2Fcurrent%2F030613%2Fdefault.aspx

Not found of course.

[quote name='pun123']you can PM now with the hastings ad.[/QUOTE]

Gohastings is out of state and not on the official PM at Best Buy so I get denied in NY.

[quote name='usagi']Gohastings is out of state and not on the official PM at Best Buy so I get denied in NY.[/QUOTE]

It is on the list at my store, walked in Monday PMd in less than 2 minutes walked out with game.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I picked one up today, it is pretty awesome.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. The Todd MacFarlane art isn't bad, but I'm all about the pirate map on the other side. Feels a like a heavier weight paper too.

[quote name='Deader2818']Oh its been 29.99 at gamestop?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I have seen it sold as $60 before but I dont remember if that was retail or just some other private sellers.

[quote name='dagame92']Is Skyrim worth $40 or should I wait for it to drop even more?[/QUOTE]It is easily worth $60 IMO, but if you have waited this long, may as well wait for the likely GOTY edition.

Well I snagged it for $25 off new egg.

Bought $22 worth of DLC due to half of PS3 DLC.

Still under launch price. I doubt there will be more DLC.

I almost didn't buy the Dawmguard because I hoped for a Ultimate Edition. But I reasoned that it would probably be another year before Bethesda does something like that or at all.....

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Anyone know if Walmart does price adjustments? I know Gamestop sure as hell doesn't, lol.[/QUOTE]
WM Grunt here to answer that one.
Short answer: nope.

Longer answer involving PM'ng our own prices:
We only PM our own pricedrops (and even that has to be within the same store you bought it from--ie. not from another WM store's prices, and definitely not from the site's prices), and it must be within... 7 days now of purchase. Might even have dropped to less than that recently. Back in the day, policy used to be a few weeks to bring your receipt in; not anymore.

On a diff't note, did anyone else notice that the Gears:Judgement "pass"/points aren't available on their site and have regular release date of 3/19? I guess that means the deal is only B&M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Question from a newbie to GS pre-order...If I order Assassin's Creed Black Flag online, would I be able to pick up the poster in store or would it ship to me, assuming that I choose the 'ship to me' option? Or do i need to use the pick up in store option to get the poster?

Also, do you know if anyone has started a pre-order thread for the game? I didn't see one but I haven't really used the Video Games forum.

On stuff like posters you have to preorder in store to get it. Anything delivered when game comes out will be shipped along with the game.

[quote name='Johnnybeachboy']I almost didn't buy the Dawmguard because I hoped for a Ultimate Edition. But I reasoned that it would probably be another year before Bethesda does something like that or at all.....[/QUOTE]

I imagine we'll see one this holiday. Is anyone going to care about it next year after the new consoles are out?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Wonder if the used Crysis 3 will drop to $34.99 or so...I have that 20% coupon they just randomly sent out. Would definitely consider picking it up again for $25.[/QUOTE]

as a GS employee... usually games go on sale for the new item, and the pre-owned stays the regular price. for example with Halo 4, it was 39.99 new, but 54.99 pre-owned, and same with COD BLOPs 2 and Far Cry 3, so i wouldnt count on it, but i could be wrong, IMO its just a temporary sale though. If it was an actual price drop to 39.99 new, then yes it would be 34.99 pre owned.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Is the B1G150%Off still active for psp games? or ps2 for that matter?[/QUOTE]

I don't believe so, or at least the signs were down when I was there Wednesday.

[quote name='arsenalcrazy8']Is the B1G150%Off still active for psp games? or ps2 for that matter?[/QUOTE]

I went in store to buy a couple of PS2 games and the promo never kicked in. I then went online and added two random PS2 games to my cart and the promo worked just fine(even though it states that it is only valid until 2/17/12), so I would say that it is online only now.

As for PSP games I still saw the sign up as of yesterday, 3/6.

[quote name='Flowstance']Skyrim is decent if you only care about exploration.

The actual combat which makes up most of the gameplay is fucking terrible. Completely weightless, no feedback whatsoever. Hitting a dragon in the face with a sword should feel awesome. Instead it feels like slapping a pillow with a large fish.

Just my opinion anyway. Calling it an RPG is an absolute disgrace to the genre.[/QUOTE]

Thank God someone has the same opinion I do on Skyrim. I could never put it into words till I read this post.

[quote name='nadohawk']So has Gamestop discontinued B2G1?[/QUOTE]

They don't normally have a lot of them during this time of year but they have usually had more before Christmas, which I was counting on, and so it has been forever since the last one. Two or maybe even three years ago they had a St. Patrick's day b2g1, so maybe they will do it this year.

So Colonial Marines was a bomba @ 59.99, probably isn't worth 39.99, as an Aliens fan should I grab it when it hits 30? Or are we talking Brink levels of bad?

[quote name='JoshTX']So Colonial Marines was a bomba @ 59.99, probably isn't worth 39.99, as an Aliens fan should I grab it when it hits 30? Or are we talking Brink levels of bad?[/QUOTE]

Redbox it. Game isn't very long and isn't very good, not worth owning.

[quote name='JoshTX']So Colonial Marines was a bomba @ 59.99, probably isn't worth 39.99, as an Aliens fan should I grab it when it hits 30? Or are we talking Brink levels of bad?[/QUOTE]
Do not bring up the nightmare that is Brink....

On the Prima Guides E-guide of Skyrim, is it just all the same info/content that was in the CE book that came out at launch (which I sold on Amazon recently) or has it been updated with all of the DLC?

There's no details about it either in-store or on gamestop.com. Thanks in advance.

Edit: From reading Prima's website it seems like it's just the vanilla strat guide w/no DLC walkthroughs in it. No thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']Do not bring up the nightmare that is Brink....[/QUOTE]

my god brink smh. on the other hand playing games like this beyond dissapointing aliens game and brink make me appreciate how good games like god of war, heavy rain and journey really are

[quote name='Sanges99']WM Grunt here to answer that one.
Short answer: nope.

Longer answer involving PM'ng our own prices:
We only PM our own pricedrops (and even that has to be within the same store you bought it from--ie. not from another WM store's prices, and definitely not from the site's prices), and it must be within... 7 days now of purchase. Might even have dropped to less than that recently. Back in the day, policy used to be a few weeks to bring your receipt in; not anymore.
[/QUOTE]Good ole return/rebuy solves such issues with Walmart/Target.

[quote name='Enuf']Good ole return/rebuy solves such issues with Walmart/Target.[/QUOTE]

I assume you mean, if the price is in a "local" retailer's sales flyer and it's valid at the time that you re-purchase, than yes that would solve that.

bread's done
Back