GameStop Ad for 5/1 - 5/7

Has anyone here ever pre-ordered dlc from GS? I pre-ordered Blood Dragon today and the the cashier told me a code for it would show up in my PUR account tomorrow. I'm wondering what time they send those out if it releases at midnight tonight and if I'll also receive an email about it.

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']I heard they weren't going to do Gamer Days this year. Also, if you don't want to hurt the employees the best time to cancel pre-orders is during the holiday season. Or that's what I've heard, the people who work at my closest store said they only track raw sales during those times, not pre-orders or power up cards.[/QUOTE]
That is correct. You could do that, or if im not mistaken, cancel the pre-order at least a month after the game has come out.

[quote name='TheMaximumC']That is correct. You could do that, or if im not mistaken, cancel the pre-order at least a month after the game has come out.[/QUOTE]

Nah, they said that still hurts them. Apparently someone came in to cancel AC 3 last week and apply it to an in store purchase and it hurt their numbers.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Deadly Premonition is double the price it was 3 years ago on the 360 merely because they "tweaked" a few things? fuck that. I planned on picking that game up, but fuck that.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I loved it for 360 but not sure if I can justify buying it again at double the price just for a few minor changes...

Also, am I the only one that gets mega guilt-tripped at GameStop for cancelling a preorder?

Last time I cancelled a preorder at GameStop it was because I had forgotten all about the $5 I put towards Black Ops II several months before. I cancelled the day before release (I know I know, probably not the best timing) and the GS employee, the assistant manager I think, went berserk. I told him I wanted to cancel my order and his nostrils flared up and he just gave me this stone cold look of hatred. Then as he was getting the gift card ready for me he went "RAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!" then slammed the gift card down in front of me. Then again, he's also the same guy that told me he was going to put a ban on my PUR account if I returned another used game (I returned RE6 because I found it cheaper online) because I was "returning too many used games" but I've only returned 2 used games in the past 2 years?

[quote name='ApathyAndFlow']My thoughts exactly. I loved it for 360 but not sure if I can justify buying it again at double the price just for a few minor changes...

Also, am I the only one that gets mega guilt-tripped at GameStop for cancelling a preorder?

Last time I cancelled a preorder at GameStop it was because I had forgotten all about the $5 I put towards Black Ops II several months before. I cancelled the day before release (I know I know, probably not the best timing) and the GS employee, the assistant manager I think, went berserk. I told him I wanted to cancel my order and his nostrils flared up and he just gave me this stone cold look of hatred. Then as he was getting the gift card ready for me he went "RAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH!!!!" then slammed the gift card down in front of me. Then again, he's also the same guy that told me he was going to put a ban on my PUR account if I returned another used game (I returned RE6 because I found it cheaper online) because I was "returning too many used games" but I've only returned 2 used games in the past 2 years?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to do that survey!

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Nah, they said that still hurts them. Apparently someone came in to cancel AC 3 last week and apply it to an in store purchase and it hurt their numbers.[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's different depending on the district. All I know is what I'm told is that they adjust the numbers at the end of the week so it doesnt end up hurting the numbers. I just never end up checking out old numbers to verify it.

bread's done
Back