Gamestop and EB Games?

el bobo

CAGiversary!
Well, my friend got his 360 on the Second shipment from the local EB games that is a half a mile away from the local Gamestop that I pre-ordered at. I ordered in June, he ordered in September and somehow EB games got their shipment in two weeks ago and Gamestop has yet to get another console in. Now this is a rant thread but I'm not crying, yet, I'm just confused is there absolutely any information on when Gamestop will be getting any more 360s in. I've called numerous times and keep hearing "We haven't heard anything yet," this is starting to annoy me since I was pushed off from the first shipment to the second shipment and it's a month later from launch and I'm still Xboxless

Well, I had the reverse happen to me.

I have an EB and two Gamestops within 1/4 a mile of each other...wierd I know.

I preordered an XBOX 360 at EBGames on May 30th.
I preordered one at Gamestop In mid June.

At EB Games, I was the first person on the waitlist after launch.
At Gamestop, I was the 2nd on the waitlist.

I got my Gamestop system about 10 days ago.

Today I went to EB Games and waited in line to bitch about my XBOX 360 preorder...I've been busting their balls in a joking manner for over a month now (but hey, they have had my money for over 6 months.)

I saw they were unpacking boxes, so I wait in line, then I ask the cashier, "what's the chance you have an XBOX 360 in there for me?"

Response: "Hah, funny."

Cashier #2: "We only hear that 100 times a day."

Me: No really, I preordered.

Salesman 3: So did we all.

Salesman 4: What's your name, at the very least, I can see where you are on the list.

I gave my name.

Salesman 4: I don't see you on the list.

Me: Try the top.

Salesman 4: right

He then disappears to the back, only to reemerge with my XBOX 360, much to the astonishment of all the other salespeople. That was the last thing I thought would happen today.

[quote name='theeipi']Well, I had the reverse happen to me.

I have an EB and two Gamestops within 1/4 a mile of each other...wierd I know.

I preordered an XBOX 360 at EBGames on May 30th.
I preordered one at Gamestop In mid June.

At EB Games, I was the first person on the waitlist after launch.
At Gamestop, I was the 2nd on the waitlist.

I got my Gamestop system about 10 days ago.

Today I went to EB Games and waited in line to bitch about my XBOX 360 preorder...I've been busting their balls in a joking manner for over a month now (but hey, they have had my money for over 6 months.)

I saw they were unpacking boxes, so I wait in line, then I ask the cashier, "what's the chance you have an XBOX 360 in there for me?"

Response: "Hah, funny."

Cashier #2: "We only hear that 100 times a day."

Me: No really, I preordered.

Salesman 3: So did we all.

Salesman 4: What's your name, at the very least, I can see where you are on the list.

I gave my name.

Salesman 4: I don't see you on the list.

Me: Try the top.

Salesman 4: right

He then disappears to the back, only to reemerge with my XBOX 360, much to the astonishment of all the other salespeople. That was the last thing I thought would happen today.[/QUOTE]
Do you want to be tackled or something, because that can be arranged.

[quote name='el bobo']Do you want to be tackled or something, because that can be arranged.[/QUOTE]

tackled? for getting one, or for busting their balls?

all i know is that they consistently blamed Microsoft for their shortage, yet at the same time, Barnes and Noble was selling them on line, stocked via GameStop

(Barnes and Noble owns them all)

They deserve to hear some crap for that, as long as its not directed towards them, because they need to be passing those complaints up the food chain.

[quote name='theeipi']tackled? for getting one, or for busting their balls?

all i know is that they consistently blamed Microsoft for their shortage, yet at the same time, Barnes and Noble was selling them on line, stocked via GameStop

(Barnes and Noble owns them all)

They deserve to hear some crap for that, as long as its not directed towards them, because they need to be passing those complaints up the food chain.[/QUOTE]

...and then the fatwallet crowd eats them up as soon as the appear in stock...or at least try.

ridiculous link

I think Gamestop is selling all theirs in highass bundles rather than giving them out to people who preordered.

I hope all Gamestops burn and the people who make decisions for them find them selves out of a job and poor.

[quote name='mmercer13']My Gamestop is yet to get their 2nd shipment.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I would have cancelled my pre-order as I already picked mine up after camping out at BestBuy on launch day, but I've got a friend that I told I'd sell it to him for cost once it came in.

Of course GameStop has been saying that they'll get weekly replenishments but that appears to be a huge lie considering I put down my deposit on September 1st and was 100th in line and I'm still 60th in line to get one. My guess is that by the time GameStop actually gets them in stock, you'll be able to walk into any BestBuy or Circuit City and pick one up without waiting.

GameStop should just acknowledge that they have no freaking clue when they'll get more in and just refund everyone's money that pre-ordered and are still waiting for one.

bread's done
Back