Gamestop B&M Gameboy Advance Games 75% off YMMV?

pksellers

CAGiversary!
Hi there everyone. Walked into my local Gamestop for the first time in a few weeks today and was told that all remaining Gameboy Advance games were 50% off plus the power up discount. Picked up quite a few, discount rang up automatically so hoping it's chain wide, not sure if this is a limited time thing or not. Most Gamestops around here don't carry many if any GBA games, so probably YMMV. Also, my apologies if posted already, searched but didn't see it. Happy hunting!

Edit: Others are reporting that the discount is now up to 75% off, have not confirmed myself.

Prices after discount and card:

Summon Night 2 - 3.59
Crash Bandicoot 2 - 4.49
Advance Wars - 2.69
Nightmare B4 Christmas - 3.14
Mario Party - 4.49
Mario & Luigi - 8.99
Super Robot Taisen - 3.59
Megaman battle network 3 white - 2.24
Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue - 1.34
DBZ Taiketsu - 2.24
Gundam Seed - 2.24
CIMA The Enemy - 1.34
Dokapon - 2.24
F-Zero Gp Legend - 2.24
ChuChu Rocket - 1.79
Metroid Fusion - 5.84
Digimon racing - 2.24
Yggdra Union - 4.49
DBZ Buu's Fury - 4.49
Zoids Legacy - 1.79
Dr Mario/Puzz Lg - 5.84
Zelda I NES - 6.74
Power Rangers 2 pack - 4.49

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, you can play original game boy games on the Game Boy Player for Game Cube?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Zelda: Links Awakening booted up with no problems, had all my saves from when I was a kid, and let me play my save right before the final boss (I ran around picking up shit with the power bracelet for a few minutes :D).

I also noticed it added color to the screen. The background was all green and Link was purple. Nothing special, but it wasn't grayscale.

[quote name='Rollobobo']Wait, you can play original game boy games on the Game Boy Player for Game Cube?!?!?[/QUOTE]

Yep. The Game Boy Player will play any Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance game from any region. :)

Even games with motion controls (Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, WarioWare Twisted), if you want to tilt your GameCube around! :lol:

Okay, here are the dupes that are available for trade (note the tilted Sigma Star cart to the right is a bootleg, need to return it).

I am looking for Ninja Five-0, Pokemon Emerald, Pokemon Leaf Green, Bubble Bobble Old & New, and NES Classic Super Mario Bros. Also any other Pokemon games, Final Fantasy games, RPGs, as well as GB/GBC color games mainly Resident Evil Gaiden, Shantae, Metroid 2, Megaman 3 4 5

54fe72cc.jpg

ddf08397.jpg

62149d6f.jpg

Here's what I added to my collection from this sale/clearance, none of which is available (Super Street Fighter 2 and the 38in1 are bootlegs...the 38in1 was marked as a Game and Watch Gallery, LOL):

cc07e546.jpg

6944cef1.jpg

83305218.jpg

And here's my collection of complete GBA games (with a few GB/GBC mixed in - only a couple came from this sale/clearance):

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg

[quote name='karkyco']Okay, here are the dupes that are available for trade (note the tilted Sigma Star cart to the right is a bootleg, need to return it):

54fe72cc.jpg

ddf08397.jpg

62149d6f.jpg

Here's what I added to my collection from this sale/clearance, none of which is available (Super Street Fighter 2 and the 38in1 are bootlegs...the 38in1 was marked as a Game and Watch Gallery, LOL):

cc07e546.jpg

6944cef1.jpg

83305218.jpg

And here's my collection of complete GBA games (with a few GB/GBC mixed in - only a couple came from this sale/clearance):

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Picture006.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You really did hit the mother lode! Great score!

Picked Up:
Mega Man Battle Network 2, 3 and 5
Hobbit
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team
Gauntlet and Rampage
Final Fantasy 1 and 2 Dawn of Souls
Rebelstar Tactical Command
F Zero GP Legends
Banjo-Pilot
all for about $14

[quote name='Gameboy415']Yep. The Game Boy Player will play any Game Boy, Game Boy Color, or Game Boy Advance game from any region. :)

Even games with motion controls (Kirby Tilt n' Tumble, Yoshi's Universal Gravitation, WarioWare Twisted), if you want to tilt your GameCube around! :lol:[/QUOTE]

This is awesome I had no idea. Woot! thanks.

Been playing the fan translation of Mother 3 on my gameboy player :)

Makes me warm inside.

edit:

Also, here is what I managed to pull in. Not nearly as impressive as some. HEM HEM

d1613c5b.jpg

Love the pics. Reminds me of when I took advantage of the last GS clearance years ago (games were priced mostly from 5 to 7 dollars mind you not the 75% now). Man, the GBA sure was great.

Picked up the following for about 13 bucks.

- Shaman King - Master of Spirits
- Shaman King - Legacy of the Spirits, Sprinting Wolf
- Drilldozer
- Onimusha Tactics
. Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
- Megaman Zero 2
- Rayman - Hoodlum's Revenge
- SpyHunter
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

Not sure how good of a pickup that was but seemed ok to me.

On a sidenote, I found a copy of Pokemon Red and Special Pikachu Edition for .50 each at a random garage sale.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Picked up the following for about 13 bucks.

- Shaman King - Master of Spirits
- Shaman King - Legacy of the Spirits, Sprinting Wolf
- Drilldozer
- Onimusha Tactics
. Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance
- Megaman Zero 2
- Rayman - Hoodlum's Revenge
- SpyHunter
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

Not sure how good of a pickup that was but seemed ok to me.

On a sidenote, I found a copy of Pokemon Red and Special Pikachu Edition for .50 each at a random garage sale.[/QUOTE]

Good pickups.
This is what I got so far at 3 Gamestops:
Gameboy Player
Batman Begins
Polarium
Ultimate Spiderman (probably going to return it)
Spiderman Mysterio Menace (not sure if i want to keep)
Rayman 10th (Rayman 3 and advance)
Demikids Light
Jackie Chan

Shock to see people still finding castlevania, final fantasy,etc at gamestop. Most gamestops said they already shipped back to warehouse or another store.

First Gamestop I went to I picked up:

Spyro: Season of Ice
Spyro 2: Season of Flame
Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs
Lunar Legend
Konami Collecter's Series: Arcade Advanced

for $6.03 total.

Second one I got:

Crash and Spyro Superpack
Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage
Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku II
Dynasty Warriors Advance
Max Payne
Namco Museum
Shaman King: Master of Spirits
Yu Yu Hakusho: Spirit Detective
Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics
Zatch Bell: Electric Arena
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors
Game and Watch Gallery 4
Mario Tennis: Power Tour
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Lunar Legend
Dragon Ball Z: Buu's Fury

for $29.42 total.

I'm going to check back at one of my local Gamestops later this week as they said they were being sent more GBA games, but I doubt I'll find much more worth buying.

O7fcpdDAAHsUfyB6qB+BZfCb7baCF6AF4EpvsAQDvIef8A51NhwBSqjifAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

BpHrIkG1Z+yGQjoakULDycS0hzUPaENAdlT0hz3Jhmg5DWWJblD8BUPfqoPJOyAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Is Max Payne for GBA any good? I recall seeing that on the list of games they had in stock I was looking through.

Also what about the Megaman Battle Network games? (I think they had all of them)

[quote name='Wrong']Wait. Is the gameboy player included in the 75% off? I thought it was a gamecube accessory.[/QUOTE]

No, but it's $9.99 IIRC. Picked up a few more today, Yoshi's Topsy Turvy, Pokemon Pinball, and another Ygddra Union.

Does anyone known any GSs in NJ that are actually displaying GBA games in their store? I'd like to browse but am getting stonewalled by stores not willing to bring out their stock to pick through.

[quote name='portnoyd']Does anyone known any GSs in NJ that are actually displaying GBA games in their store? I'd like to browse but am getting stonewalled by stores not willing to bring out their stock to pick through.[/QUOTE]

They've consolidated their inventory to particular stores quite a bit actually so they might not be lying to you when they tell you they don't have any anymore.

Well, the two stores that I found admitted they had some but 'they were in the back and not out for display'. Which is why I'm asking. I don't really like calling GSs at all so if someone has been to one in my area with them out, I'd prefer that.

my local GS had crap games left... tsk! totally missed out.
hope in the near future, game cube ones gets this kind of deal too.

The one store I've been to in the KC Metro area that actually had quite a few just printed off a list of what they had in stock since they weren't on the floor to look through.

I'm hoping for an eventual PSP drop at some point.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']my local GS had crap games left... tsk! totally missed out.
hope in the near future, game cube ones gets this kind of deal too.[/QUOTE]
I was talking to my local gamestop employee and they were talking about clearing out inventory of gamecube games within the next couple of months actually...

[quote name='Techman16']I was talking to my local gamestop employee and they were talking about clearing out inventory of gamecube games within the next couple of months actually...[/QUOTE]

Nice to know!! now the only thing left is to be the first to get into the deal in my local store before every good copy of the game im eyeing on is sold. hehe!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Nice to know!! now the only thing left is to be the first to get into the deal in my local store before every good copy of the game im eyeing on is sold. hehe![/QUOTE]

I was told they'll stop taking trade-in's sometime in April while in Gamestop tonight.

Also, if anyone is willing to sell me Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire, please pm me!

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Nice to know!! now the only thing left is to be the first to get into the deal in my local store before every good copy of the game im eyeing on is sold. hehe![/QUOTE]
Ya same here, want to pick up some first party titles dirt cheap \\:D/

FWIW the used systems are NOT part of the sale. I scanned the refurbished AND the regular pre owned and neither were at 75% off.

[quote name='Techman16']I was talking to my local gamestop employee and they were talking about clearing out inventory of gamecube games within the next couple of months actually...[/QUOTE]

Several of the stores around here have had their Gamecube games in boxes in the back for weeks now waiting for word on when and where to ship them so they're definitely on the way out.

Saw that they had pokemon emerald online at my local store and called only to find out it was accidentally shipped to the store and that it was for a customer in another state. :(

Grabbed Puffy AmiYumi Kaznapped today for $1.25. I was happy just to find a store near me with a few games left out in the display case. All the ones closer to me were apparently pretty much cleaned out in one shot by a hoarder according to the employees. Aarrgghh.

[quote name='sevenfold']Several of the stores around here have had their Gamecube games in boxes in the back for weeks now waiting for word on when and where to ship them so they're definitely on the way out.[/QUOTE]

I heard from a Gamestop Manager (a friend of mine) that sometime in April, Gamestop will officially stop taking Gamecube in trade. Just a FYI

[quote name='Rollobobo']I heard from a Gamestop Manager (a friend of mine) that sometime in April, Gamestop will officially stop taking Gamecube in trade. Just a FYI[/QUOTE]
One store I went to looking for GBA games actually had a sign out saying they stopped taking Gamecube games this past Monday. It's great news to me, since I only have three Gamecube games right now and I would love to get some more cheap.

More on topic, I actually found quite a bit of decent GBA games today when I went to return a few things to Gamestop. This store said they were being sent GBA games from a bunch of other stores, so that's why they still had a decent selection. I think most notably I got Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 1 & 2 double pack, which on Ebay would cost >$20.

[quote name='Monoxide1986']The one store I've been to in the KC Metro area that actually had quite a few just printed off a list of what they had in stock since they weren't on the floor to look through.

I'm hoping for an eventual PSP drop at some point.[/QUOTE]

Thought all the stores in the KC Metro area didn't have anymore GBA games. Tried the online store locator for the Pokemon games and it said nothing within a 100 mile radius of the zip code I punched in.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thought all the stores in the KC Metro area didn't have anymore GBA games. Tried the online store locator for the Pokemon games and it said nothing within a 100 mile radius of the zip code I punched in.[/QUOTE]

I only checked out the stores in the Independence, MO area. The only one that had more than 10 GBA games (that weren't all shovelware) was the Gamestop out off 40 Highway. That's where I ended up getting the games I picked up.

I asked about Pokemon, and all they had was some Pokemon Pinball or Dungeon Mystery game. Clerk checked the nearest locations that might of had some and they were all 2-3 states away.

[quote name='slainviper']One store I went to looking for GBA games actually had a sign out saying they stopped taking Gamecube games this past Monday. It's great news to me, since I only have three Gamecube games right now and I would love to get some more cheap.

More on topic, I actually found quite a bit of decent GBA games today when I went to return a few things to Gamestop. This store said they were being sent GBA games from a bunch of other stores, so that's why they still had a decent selection. I think most notably I got Dragon Ball Z: Legacy of Goku 1 & 2 double pack, which on Ebay would cost >$20.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't there a note earlier in the thread about the DBZ double pack possibly being a counterfeit game? Might want to double-check it.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Thought all the stores in the KC Metro area didn't have anymore GBA games. Tried the online store locator for the Pokemon games and it said nothing within a 100 mile radius of the zip code I punched in.[/QUOTE]

99% of stores that still have gba games were sold out of the normal pokemon games a long time ago. They're the most popular games for the system - they're not going to last to 75% off.

[quote name='savagepastry']99% of stores that still have gba games were sold out of the normal pokemon games a long time ago. They're the most popular games for the system - they're not going to last to 75% off.[/QUOTE]

If you are really looking for some, you can occasionally see them for fairly cheap on Craigslist from people that don't necessarily understand their value.

On the side-note of the upcoming Gamecube trade-in retirement. Is a refurbished system worth the 29.99 they are listing on the website? I have some Gamecube games (primarily the Resident Evil games), and I just play them on my Wii. Not sure if I really need the Gamecube in that situation, or would it be a decent system to just collect?

The main reason to have an actual Gamecube over using the Wii is for Gameboy Player or system link. If you aren't planning on doing either of those things with it then everything you could want from a gamecube can be served by the Wii.

The main reason to have an actual Gamecube over using the Wii is for Gameboy Player or system link. If you aren't planning on doing either of those things with it then everything you could want from a gamecube can be served by the Wii.

Personally, I picked up a cube because things like a purple console probably aren't gonna happen again so why not. That and i picked up a cheap gameboy player at gamestop ($10).

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The main reason to have an actual Gamecube over using the Wii is for Gameboy Player or system link. If you aren't planning on doing either of those things with it then everything you could want from a gamecube can be served by the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Unless you have one of the newer Wii consoles that's not backwards compatible.

[quote name='MR_E']Unless you have one of the newer Wii consoles that's not backwards compatible.[/QUOTE]

It's always good to keep a backup Gamecube if someone has a good amount of gamecube game plus GBA.

I just a gameboy player and rocking final fight!

[quote name='Monoxide1986']Wasn't there a note earlier in the thread about the DBZ double pack possibly being a counterfeit game? Might want to double-check it.[/QUOTE]
I checked all of the GBA games I bought for the Nintendo seal on the chip, so I'm pretty sure it's real. Unless there's something else I need to be aware of?

[quote name='slainviper']I checked all of the GBA games I bought for the Nintendo seal on the chip, so I'm pretty sure it's real. Unless there's something else I need to be aware of?[/QUOTE]

Nope, you're good.

I have a couple times bought Gamecubes, usually with multiple controllers and games on Craigslist for around $20. So I think $30 at Gamestop is a bad deal.
But your local market may vary. :)

Probably best to call a local Gamestop for the price of the Gamecube console. 'Call? Aghhh!!!' I think a person would be fine calling about 1 of those. $25 was a price I was told when I went to get my Gameboy player. Sounds like a good price for a refurb. I may get 1 if/when they go down. For now, this Gameboy player will collect more dust...lol

So I ended up picking up a Gamecube with a gameboy player attached at a thrift store for 10 bucks. Any clue on where I can find the disc needed to boot the gameboy player? I called around to all of the local gaming places...

bread's done
Back