Gamestop B&M only - preorder Dirt 2 get $10 off is dead!

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
9-3 UPDATE!!!
Gamestop has changed the deal! The coupon is now $10 off a $50 purchase at Journeys. Boo to GS in changing this. This was noticed on the website a few days ago and I preordered it yesterday to confirm and cause I'm getting it with my credit there on day one anyway. Anyway, no more chance at ten bucks off the actual game.

I was just looking at the Gamestop page for DiRT 2 and it looks like you can save $10 if you preorder at a B&M store. The preorder bonus is a game preview DVD/hype DVD for rally racing and Subaru USA driver Ken Block specifically (why not his teammate and DiRT voice over guy Travis Pastrana?). If you click on the dvd, a pop window of the DVD cover shows a $10 off coupon for DiRT2. I don't know if you can apply it immediately of if you have to just put down five on the preorder and use the coupon when you pick it up and pay it off.

I'm at work and can't post pics, but can add it later. Also, I'm headed to a Gamestop on my way home to place my preorder to confirm this.

Preordering oniline gets you a shirt that does not have a coupon on it.

EDIT: PC version is not eligible because it doesn't ship until December and the coupon expires at the end of September.

Also, I stopped by a GS which does not have the DVD at this time. Will try more.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. Damnit I was going to wait to pre-order this with everything I already have pre-ordered... Hmmm

I like the deal though. $10 off on the day it comes out is awesome.

Yeah, I checked the coupon up close and it does say all platforms. Unfortunately, no GSs have the preorder DVDs in yet. I've tried the three by my house and none have it, but want me to preorder anyway. I want to make sure I have the DVD when I do the preorder, but that's just how I do business there as I have preordered before and not gotten the bonus.

Anyway, the helpful cashier today said that for games that aren't as big they usually get the preorder bonuses in the stores two or three weeks before the release date. If anybody gets one and can confirm the coupon that would be great.

The PC release was delayed because they're going to add all the stuff that Direct X 11 allows for or something like that I remember reading. So it will probably look the best, in case anyone was wondering.

These type of pre-orders are fairly rare and I desire to see more, Dirt 2 has me on the fence. In one way it looks great and fun and then again I have so many great racers, WipEout and Burnout Paradise just to name two.

[quote name='crunchewy']The Wii version is only $39.99 and the DS and PSP are @29.99. $10 off for those too? If so, wow![/QUOTE]

If I'm reading the fine print correctly on the coupon picture it states, "Valid for all versions of dirt 2 through September 30, 2009".

I wonder if the $10 will be matched by others...

9-3 UPDATE!!!
Gamestop has changed the deal! The coupon is now $10 off a $50 purchase at Journeys. Boo to GS in changing this. This was noticed on the website a few days ago and I preordered it yesterday to confirm and cause I'm getting it with my credit there on day one anyway. Anyway, no more chance at ten bucks off the actual game.

bread's done
Back