GAMESTOP: B1G1 Free on all PS2 Games. Online Only.

[quote name='Pura_Master']Just got a bunch of great RPGs. I think they have more in stock now. I got:
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga 1
Nocturne
Kingdom Hearts 1, 2, and Re:Chain of Memories
Thanks for the post OP[/QUOTE]

They have these with case on the display at my store. Good picks

[quote name='MrBonk']I hate how their online system works.

Add 2 19.99 games to cart

"CONGRATS YOU GET 19.99 game free!"

Add another game of lesser value (14.99 for example)

"CONGRATS NOW YOU PAY FOR 2 19.99 games and get a 14.99 game free!!

They'll automatically give you all the cheaper games free instead of doing what you want it to do. something of EQUAL value.

CAG16 doesn't work either, so you have to do a bunch of separate orders to take advantage of it in the best way + shipping costs. For each one[/QUOTE]

You do... You do understand, that no matter where you go, unless it's some crazy place that doesn't run quite like every other business, the lowest priced items will ALWAYS be the free ones. You can buy three $19.99 games and three $17.99 games, and all three $17.99 games will be the free ones. If you want to do it the way you want to do it, you'll need to make two separate transactions. Is it that hard to understand?

If the store has PS2 games in stock, they have B2G1 Free. I was just at a GS I don't frequent often and they had a bin of PS2 games for B2G1 Free.

[quote name='Big D.']If the store has PS2 games in stock, they have B2G1 Free. I was just at a GS I don't frequent often and they had a bin of PS2 games for B2G1 Free.[/QUOTE]

Same B2G1 but I live next to an idiot. Just got bg:dark alliance 2,persona 4, xenosaga 3, FF X, kingdom hearts and disgaea all in orig cases with manuals. Who trades that in?

Also found some gc stuff they keep in a drawer. Never asked before. No 1st party controllers though :(

[quote name='Vulgarism']You do... You do understand, that no matter where you go, unless it's some crazy place that doesn't run quite like every other business, the lowest priced items will ALWAYS be the free ones. You can buy three $19.99 games and three $17.99 games, and all three $17.99 games will be the free ones. If you want to do it the way you want to do it, you'll need to make two separate transactions. Is it that hard to understand?[/QUOTE]
It's not hard to understand. But it CLEARLY states that that it is "BUY 1 Get 1 FREE * of EQUAL OR LESSER Value"

So for fucks sake, WHY am I NOT allowed to choose? Because it's bad for them? Well they should change their wording then.

I don't mind separate transactions apart from the FACT that Shipping costs make it pointless for GS. Therefore I should be ALLOWED to choose what I want to be my free game. Because they say "EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" not "EQUAL, UNLESS THERE IS LESSER"

Yeah yeah, fine print mumbo jumbo. fuck fine print, be upfront and people won't hate you.

[quote name='MrBonk']It's not hard to understand. But it CLEARLY states that that it is "BUY 1 Get 1 FREE * of EQUAL OR LESSER Value"

So for fucks sake, WHY am I NOT allowed to choose? Because it's bad for them? Well they should change their wording then.

I don't mind separate transactions apart from the FACT that Shipping costs make it pointless for GS. Therefore I should be ALLOWED to choose what I want to be my free game. Because they say "EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" not "EQUAL, UNLESS THERE IS LESSER"

Yeah yeah, fine print mumbo jumbo. fuck fine print, be upfront and people won't hate you.[/QUOTE]

It's just common knowledge at this point that no matter what, you will get the lowest cost item for free. Sure, they could change it to "Buy one get one free. Free item will be calculated if it is equal to the cost of the highest priced item, or the lowest cost item at point of purchase." but why would they? Again, it's just common knowledge. With how you would prefer it, somebody could buy two $60 games and one $2 game and demand one of the $60 games to be free. It just won't happen.

[quote name='MrBonk']It's not hard to understand. But it CLEARLY states that that it is "BUY 1 Get 1 FREE * of EQUAL OR LESSER Value"

Yeah yeah, fine print mumbo jumbo. fuck fine print, be upfront and people won't hate you.[/QUOTE]

B1G1 FREE PS2 - Buy 1 get 1 free on pre-owned Playstation 2 games. Free game must be of equal or lesser value.

it clearly says that the free game must be equal or lesser. Your argument is also not very strong at all.

[quote name='ChuckyDJ']Wish the B1G1 was in store as well. Just saw the little micro-asterik symbol there. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

As do I. One of the closest GS has Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Sniper Elite, all BL and CIB from what I glanced at the other day. I'm sure I could hunt down a few more decent titles, but at this point, I'm not looking to spend ~$40 on three PS2 games.

[quote name='Vulgarism']As do I. One of the closest GS has Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, and Sniper Elite, all BL and CIB from what I glanced at the other day. I'm sure I could hunt down a few more decent titles, but at this point, I'm not looking to spend ~$40 on three PS2 games.[/QUOTE]
You could call and ask. Some have said that their stores have had B1G1

When did this start? I was literally at a gamestop today and there were no signs, just 75% off on GC games of which i found 3 that still had box and booklet. Well my donkey konga 2 only had the box but i figure for $1.45 it was worth it and i can find a book another time someday

Edit: THese prices for used PS2 games are disgusting. This is retail damnit not ebay. Gamestops gotta realize they wont get rid of their backstock selling old gen games for $15-20. Are people seriously paying this? This is why ebay versions cost so much, cuz retailers still sell it for that much. lol I'd love to go nuts on gamestop used games online but i need them to be complete for it to be worth the money. $20 for digital devil saga that might be disc only? Get lost. lol

[quote name='Vulgarism']It's just common knowledge at this point that no matter what, you will get the lowest cost item for free. Sure, they could change it to "Buy one get one free. Free item will be calculated if it is equal to the cost of the highest priced item, or the lowest cost item at point of purchase." but why would they? Again, it's just common knowledge. With how you would prefer it, somebody could buy two $60 games and one $2 game and demand one of the $60 games to be free. It just won't happen.[/QUOTE]

This is most definitely not common knowledge. It's a flaw with the website. In this same situation, the register in an actual store would calculate this properly, giving him the higher of the two second games for free. Almost every place I have ever been to calculates B1G1 correctly, and the website is not doing so with this promo. It could be this promo alone that is problematic, however this is definitely not the norm.

Anyway, I'd definitely be frustrated if I were him also.

higher off? lol in what world is that how buy 1 get 1 or b2g2 works? Every time ive ever been to a place with those sales its the cheaper one thats free and the more expensive one you pay for. As Vulgarism said, what place would let you buy 2 $60 games and one $2 game and give you a $60 game free? lol How does that make sense at all for the company. THe cheaper one is always free. I need to know where you guys shop that in a buy 1 get one you buy the cheap one and get the expensive one free. lol

I laughed at people when I worked at Game Crazy who came in and said "ok so these are B2G1 free I want these 2 games and this one to be free" Thats not how it works. But please, tell me what places you shop at that this works because I want to go there from now on.

[quote name='GrimmTrixX']higher off? lol in what world is that how buy 1 get 1 or b2g2 works? Every time ive ever been to a place with those sales its the cheaper one thats free and the more expensive one you pay for. As Vulgarism said, what place would let you buy 2 $60 games and one $2 game and give you a $60 game free? lol How does that make sense at all for the company. THe cheaper one is always free. I need to know where you guys shop that in a buy 1 get one you buy the cheap one and get the expensive one free. lol

I laughed at people when I worked at Game Crazy who came in and said "ok so these are B2G1 free I want these 2 games and this one to be free" Thats not how it works. But please, tell me what places you shop at that this works because I want to go there from now on.[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't been paying to the issue at hand. The problem is that he's buying 3 games, 2 at $20 and 1 at $18. He should be getting the second $20 for free, but instead the site automatically makes the $18 one free instead. The same would be the case if he bought one $60, one $40, and one $20. Obviously it'd be a huge difference if they made him get the $20 free instead of the $40. Instead, he has to place a separate transaction for the cheapest game, and therefore have to pay shipping twice.

"Of EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" (Which IIRC is pretty much 99.99% always the way B1G1's are worded)

Yeah how good is it for the company? Don't fuck your customer over then if you say "EQUAL OR LESSER" and will only do the lesser if you have something lesser in that transaction. That's borderline lying.:roll:

Of course Fine print yadda yadda. It's not an issue IRL because you can do separate transactions, but with Gamestop online you are forced to pay shipping fees for each. Which hijacks the price.

i would jump on TONS of games if all the onine ones were complete, but with no guarantee or no preffered option ability i cant justify buying anything used on the website. But can lots of you confirm this B1G1 is a real thing happening at GS right now?

IF so then I feel dumb cuz i have 4 stores within 15-20 min of me and i was JUST at all of them lookin for cheap GC games (only 1 store had some and i grabbed some garbage to pad my collection) but no signs were up for PS2. And while the stores didnt have a lot of PS2 titles, they all still had some and I might be willing to goto them all again but just want to be sure its a storewide thing without having to call 4 stores to find out.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']You obviously haven't been paying to the issue at hand. The problem is that he's buying 3 games, 2 at $20 and 1 at $18. He should be getting the second $20 for free, but instead the site automatically makes the $18 one free instead. The same would be the case if he bought one $60, one $40, and one $20. Obviously it'd be a huge difference if they made him get the $20 free instead of the $40. Instead, he has to place a separate transaction for the cheapest game, and therefore have to pay shipping twice.[/QUOTE]

Again, this is wrong. It is buy one get one free. If you purchase three games, for example, one that is $30, one that is $20, and one that is $10, it will charge you full price for the $30 game, give you the $10 game for free, and then charge you for the $20 game. If you purchased just the $30 and $20 games, then you would get the $20 game for free in that instance.

"Of EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" (Which IIRC is pretty much 99.99% always the way B1G1's are worded)

Yeah how good is it for the company? Don't your customer over then if you say "EQUAL OR LESSER" and will only do the lesser if you have something lesser in that transaction. That's borderline lying.

Of course Fine print yadda yadda. It's not an issue IRL because you can do separate transactions, but with Gamestop online you are forced to pay shipping fees for each. Which hijacks the price.

This is trivial to companies. They don't care if their process makes you refrain from purchasing from their stores ever again. They're still going to be raking in more money than they know what to do with. Yes, as a customer, it does suck, but it's how these things are going to always be. When I worked in retail, people were always pissed off because when we had B2G1F on certain items, they would pick, as an example, two black ink cartridges (let's say $15.99 each) and one color cartridge (let's say $29.99) and expected to get the color cartridge for free since that is the one they wanted for free. I've had managers who said we're fine not dealing with them because it's just a headache to show people they are wrong and they continue to believe they are correct.

[quote name='MrBonk']"Of EQUAL OR LESSER VALUE" (Which IIRC is pretty much 99.99% always the way B1G1's are worded)

Yeah how good is it for the company? Don't fuck your customer over then if you say "EQUAL OR LESSER" and will only do the lesser if you have something lesser in that transaction. That's borderline lying.:roll:

Of course Fine print yadda yadda. It's not an issue IRL because you can do separate transactions, but with Gamestop online you are forced to pay shipping fees for each. Which hijacks the price.[/QUOTE]

I tell you what chief. Run a business selling games. Offer B1G1 on all games and when everybody pairs a 99 cent game with a $50 game and expects the $50 game to be the free one, let us know if you're singing the same tune.

I bought 16 games and while some have scratches it seems only the copy of Flipnic has any trouble loading anything so far, and that's just the tutorial vids. Only one game had original case and manual (Onimusha), and OutRun 2006 came in replacement case with original cover and manual. Considering I was slumming out of the bargain bin, I am content with paying less than 2 dollars per game on that order.

Equal OR lesser value means the FREE game is equal or lesser value. That phrase doesnt mean you choose which is free. think of it as "Buy 1 get 1 free of equal or lesser value" not that you choose, but the "of equal or lesser value pertains to the free item and not the "buy 1" item. It has been worded like this since GOGO even started an still people dont get it. lol I cant understand the confusion but then common sense MUST kick in and you realize they give the cheaper one for free. IF it doesnt then I dunno what to think anymore. lol

ANyway, is buy 1 get 1 on PS2 games an ongoing thing or something? I JUST went to 4 gamestops and dont wana go again today but if its a all store sale i will, buy if its YMMV then I dunno.

I put two PS2 games in my cart and they both stayed at full price. I went all the way through checkout and my total was didn't change.

Is it really ALL PS2 games? I searched out SMT Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga. Both are $20.

[quote name='Vulgarism']Again, this is wrong. It is buy one get one free. If you purchase three games, for example, one that is $30, one that is $20, and one that is $10, it will charge you full price for the $30 game, give you the $10 game for free, and then charge you for the $20 game. If you purchased just the $30 and $20 games, then you would get the $20 game for free in that instance.
[/QUOTE]

Having been a CAG for 6+ years you'd think you'd know how the retail market works by now. Have you never purchased more than two items at a store with a B1G1 promo before? That is not how it is supposed to work, and if anyone at the store tells you it's correct, they are blatantly lying and misadvertising.

I don't even know how a discussion about purchasing the cheaper one and getting the more expensive one for free even came up, but I think people in this thread simply can't read.

Anyway, I've said my peace: the website calculations or the way the promo is configured is fucked up.

[quote name='Super Sonic']lawl @ Kingdom Hearts $19.99 used. You can get that for $12 new as we speak![/QUOTE]

Or you could grab KH and KH2 for $20 with this deal.

EDIT: Out of curiosity where can I get it for 12 new?

I honestly don't know why this is being discussed. If it is B1G1, then the closest high-priced game is the one that should be discounted. For example, if I add Dirge of Cerberus and Terminator 3: The Redemption to my cart, by themselves, I pay $12.99 for Dirge and get T3 for free, normally $9.99. But if I go and add, say, Oni for $1.99, then I end up paying for both Dirge and T3, and get Oni for free. This is NOT how these things are supposed to work.

In fact, observe the way B2G1 works in-store. I've bought 9+ games at a time in this case, and each free game is always the one closest in value to the highest priced grouping. The website is broken, and that's all there is to it.

[quote name='SargeSmash']I honestly don't know why this is being discussed. If it is B1G1, then the closest high-priced game is the one that should be discounted. For example, if I add Dirge of Cerberus and Terminator 3: The Redemption to my cart, by themselves, I pay $12.99 for Dirge and get T3 for free, normally $9.99. But if I go and add, say, Oni for $1.99, then I end up paying for both Dirge and T3, and get Oni for free. This is NOT how these things are supposed to work.

In fact, observe the way B2G1 works in-store. I've bought 9+ games at a time in this case, and each free game is always the one closest in value to the highest priced grouping. The website is broken, and that's all there is to it.[/QUOTE]

This is the way its always worked online, and they don't care about changing it. Coding isn't worth the time for them.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Wait, the sale is over? Just like that in the middle of the week? And they just got the game I wanted in on the website.[/QUOTE]

They waited until they knew you were going to check the website and quickly shut everything down.

You're welcome.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Wait, the sale is over? Just like that in the middle of the week? And they just got the game I wanted in on the website.[/QUOTE]

I placed an order on the 21st, but when I went back to check on the 22nd, it was no longer available.

[quote name='byakurai']they waited until they knew you were going to check the website and quickly shut everything down.

You're welcome.[/quote]
i knew it!!!!!!!!!

bread's done
Back