Gamestop B2G1: 5/16 - 5/23 (online only)

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

Promo code: MAY2G1

And before anyone asks, it's only for used/pre-owned games that are in-stock.

---

Also, YMMV, but you may be able to stack MAY2G1, CAG16, FREESHIPORDER20, and EDGE/PU. No error codes come up. We'll see when the sale starts tomorrow.

Sale is active. The codes can all be entered together, but MAY2G1 is disabled when any other codes are entered. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah noticed that it still stacks my EDGE card discount on the order even though my PUR card expired like 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='merchie89']they should really limit games to 1 of same per order. Stupid flippers....

God will judge you as you deserve![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:k Thou shalt not ... profit?

Got Fatal Frame 1 and 2. Hopefully they will be reprints like some CAGs got recently. Just saw 2 and 3 complete, likely a reprint, at a local GameStop so I'm kind of glad I passed them up. Unfortunately, 3 was out of stock online so I guess I'll have to pick it up later. Chose Portal 2 for my third game. Hopefully it's a mint copy considering the game hasn't been out long. Going to trade my old copy for a Best Buy gift card.

After the B2G2 ps2\gamecube sale I don't know if I can order used game online from gamestop ever again. None of the 4 games I ordered came with an original box or manual and 1 game had to be exchanged 4 times before I got a copy that could even be read by my Wii or Gamecube.

No free shipping kills the deal for me. Besides almost all of their lower priced games ($20 and under) are actually the same price new on Amazon.

[quote name='jigsaw918']thank you so much!!! bought 3 copies of Dynasty Warriors 7 lol!![/QUOTE]

:whistle2:s

I hope those ordering bulk FF13 copies are getting PS3 copies. Usually the 360 copies that they send out look like they were refurbed with a blade, there is almost a fan like impression on the disc that would be rejected by most places.

Yeah, I just went to check on the PS3 version of Portal 2, and it was out of stock at $35 this morning, but now mysteriously replenished at $50. :/ Boo on you, Gamestop.

[quote name='Lucky13']...Besides almost all of their lower priced games ($20 and under) are actually the same price new on Amazon.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Another reason why Gamestop makes no sense. I passed. Saving up my GS credit for another "Space Monkey" glitch. Lol. :cool:

[quote name='lunker']Yeah, I just went to check on the PS3 version of Portal 2, and it was out of stock at $35 this morning, but now mysteriously replenished at $50. :/ Boo on you, Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

It was in stock for a few hours at the $35 price. I was lucky enough to get in on that. Stinks that it's back up to $50, but I think it was on sale and the price was supposed to change before the B2G1 started, but that's just my thought.

[quote name='CaoPi']damn no used RPGs in PS3 in stock I want, mainly atelier and hypertunia....[/QUOTE]

Hyperdimension Neptunia has gotten pretty rare actually. You might just want to pick that one up wherever you find it.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']I understand a couple dollars off is better than nothing... but Gamestop.com's shipping is only $2.99 for up to $75 for super saver shipping. That's really as cheap as you're going to find anywhere. For flipping you might want to get 2 or 3-day just in case (I felt like being extra cheap and got super saver anyway). But for those complaining about the lack of free shipping, is $3 really a deal-killer? Most people will use 3/4 of a gallon of gas just going to stores anyway.[/QUOTE]

$3 shipping is great up until the point you realize it will be in addition to the gas money spent driving to various local Gamestops to exchange the load of crap they send you from their website.

I roll the dice on ordering hard to find games such as One Piece Unlimited Adventure and some older last gen games that are rare. I can live with sometimes getting disc only games, but when the discs were refurbed with a buzz saw and still have residue in the center ring of the disc because it wasn't drained properly...its a double kick to the nuts.

[quote name='Ketsui']could i receive my order, return the 2 games i bought from the website to gamestop, and keep the free game?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They will only let you exchange games, not return.

Well guess Im returning 6 FF13 when I pick up my LA Noire. May keep one tho.

EDIT: Actually forgot that I locked in the trade in at Best Buy last night. Guess they are going to Best Buy after all.

Last edited by a moderator:
gohastings has shipping issues, but the games are usually 10x better than gamestop. than again gamefly is 10x better than gohastings. and awd is bout same as gamefly. lol

I decided to bite on Dante's Inferno ($17.99), Risen ($12.99) and Fallout 3 Broken Steel / Point Lookout add-on disk ($12.99). Will download the disk and then go try to swap it out for a copy of Fallout 3 ($12.99) in store. Makes the deal a little more fair to me to combat the shipping and tax. I've wanted to play Dante's and Risen for awhile, and have wanted to check out Broken Steel / Point Lookout dlc for Fallout 3 as well, so I felt it was worth it overall. Had a little over $30 credit sitting in my account anyways.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I decided to bite on Dante's Inferno ($17.99), Risen ($12.99) and Fallout 3 Broken Steel / Point Lookout add-on disk ($12.99). Will download the disk and then go try to swap it out for a copy of Fallout 3 ($12.99) in store. Makes the deal a little more fair to me to combat the shipping and tax. I've wanted to play Dante's and Risen for awhile, and have wanted to check out Broken Steel / Point Lookout dlc for Fallout 3 as well, so I felt it was worth it overall. Had a little over $30 credit sitting in my account anyways.[/QUOTE]

I believe Dante's Inferno is $10 new on clearance at Toys R Us.

This is coming from a guy who has never used Gamestop.com
Do they have site to store, I know the free shipping codes aren't working. I have heard stories and want to verify if we can take an imcomplete or scratched game to the nearest gamestop for an exchange with the invoice in hand?

[quote name='Naruto Uzumaki']This is coming from a guy who has never used Gamestop.com
Do they have site to store, I know the free shipping codes aren't working. I have heard stories and want to verify if we can take an imcomplete or scratched game to the nearest gamestop for an exchange with the invoice in hand?[/QUOTE]

They don't have site-to-store, as they rarely have shipments go from Gamestop to Gamestop.

I just asked someone an hour ago at my local Gamestop the same question. He said he's never encountered it, but as long as you come in with the Gamestop case it came in with your receipt, he doesn't see how it could be much of a problem. Either way, it's completely up to the manager's discretion.

[quote name='Japakneez']this is the least popular b2g1 gamestop thread i have seen in a while :([/QUOTE]

I was done ordering online from GS after the last one where half of my games were damaged, none came complete and I ended up wasting my time shipping them all back for a refund (my local store had none of them to swap 'em with either).

I also will not order online from Gamestop. My last order came with each case cracked and broken in many pieces and one of the disks would not play at all. Had to send them all back as well for refund!

[quote name='Ketsui']could i receive my order, return the 2 games i bought from the website to gamestop, and keep the free game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, do that 20 times and you will have 20 free games!!! :roll:

[quote name='luminaria']After the B2G2 ps2\gamecube sale I don't know if I can order used game online from gamestop ever again. None of the 4 games I ordered came with an original box or manual and 1 game had to be exchanged 4 times before I got a copy that could even be read by my Wii or Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

You will RARELY get any gamecubes games to come with original case and booklet. PS2 same thing if the game is more than 5 years old.

That sucks the codes don't stack, so no way to get free shipping I guess eh? I have a $30 online credit that I need to use I was thinking about using on this.

also, and this is ymmv since i didn't actually complete the transaction.

-(for me) tax is being calculated on the pre-2G1 total (e.g. paying tax on all 3 games, even though 1 is free)

I was considering grabbing 3 games, 1-2 that I want, and locking in an Amazon trade on 1-2 that had an abnormally high Amazon credit value (socom was 36.50 a day or two ago (now 30!)

after tax (local sales tax is 9.1%) and their shipping, deal started to approach that point where the time/gas/effort expended would be better served just buying the game i want and not messing with all this credit/trade stuff.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The tax it shows you is based on the pre-free cost, but once the order is submitted it changes to the correct amount.[/QUOTE]

ahh, good to know. I was looking at 3 games in the 45-50 range, and the miscalculated local tax was adding another $4 (on top of the $8 that was expected). not that much in the scheme of things, but between that and $8 shipping, it was adding up.

Dangit. I was going to pass on this sale, but I ended up getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Sin and Punishment 2, and Red Steel 2. Needed some games to keep the dust off my Wii.

My order total for three $35 games was $72.72 after one being free and 10% off and $3 shipping. But on my order info page it shows the total as $70.09. Also, my order has not shipped yet, but I know my friend who ordered the night the sale started, all of his orders shipped.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My order total for three $35 games was $72.72 after one being free and 10% off and $3 shipping. But on my order info page it shows the total as $70.09. Also, my order has not shipped yet, but I know my friend who ordered the night the sale started, all of his orders shipped.[/QUOTE]

As someone else pointed out, GS fixes the tax showing on your order info at GS.com. When you first order, GS charges tax on all 3 games, but after you submit the order and the order info page is created, GS adjusts the tax so that you're only charged for the 2 paid games.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Um I was the one who pointed it out like 4 posts above that one. I was just saying the total to show more information....[/QUOTE]

:lol: Sorry. Didn't realize you were the person who pointed out the sales tax thing.

I placed my order very early yesterday and I have a shipping confirmation nummber. Heres hoping that there complete/good shape. Come on Gaming Gods!!

Got my shipping confirmation last night, ordered yesterday morning. The tracking is still not active though. Fingers crossed for decent copies. I chose Fatal Frame, Fatal Frame 2, and Portal 2 because I figured I should be able to get the reprints of the Fatal Frame's, and Portal 2 is fairly recent and hopefully clean because of that.

if i return the games i bought from the website to my local gamestop, will i get my total refund including shipping+tax???

bread's done
Back