Gamestop B2G1: 5/16 - 5/23 (online only)

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/b2g1/default.aspx

Promo code: MAY2G1

And before anyone asks, it's only for used/pre-owned games that are in-stock.

---

Also, YMMV, but you may be able to stack MAY2G1, CAG16, FREESHIPORDER20, and EDGE/PU. No error codes come up. We'll see when the sale starts tomorrow.

Sale is active. The codes can all be entered together, but MAY2G1 is disabled when any other codes are entered. Shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ketsui']if i return the games i bought from the website to my local gamestop, will i get my total refund including shipping+tax???[/QUOTE]

Damn I never thought about that. I'd like to know this as well.

[quote name='kodave']Damn I never thought about that. I'd like to know this as well.[/QUOTE]

You should, I know definitely the tax you will get back.

[quote name='Ketsui']if i return the games i bought from the website to my local gamestop, will i get my total refund including shipping+tax???[/QUOTE]

you get tax back but the shipping costs are not refundable.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 just had a price drop today. I have a 20% off bday coupon through my PUR membership, and I had been waiting for MvC3 to drop so that I could get the game at my preferred $35 price point. However, I ended up using the B2G1 to get some Wii games - Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, Red Steel 2 and Sin and Punishment 2. I know all 3 are excellent Wii games, and I'm thinking of keeping all 3 AND getting MvC3. Does anyone think it's redundant to own both TvC and MvC3?

Just ordered the following for 79.68. I think. That's showing the pre-tax thingie so it'll probably be less later on. Gotta check my debit and add it up once I'm charged.

Order 1:
The Mark of Kri
Rise Of The Kasai
Star Wars Rogue Leader Rogue Squadron

Order 2:
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
Tales of Symphonia
Mega Man Anniversary Collection

Order 3:
Grandia 3
Dragon Quest VIII
Radiata Stories

Now let's see how bad these are when they get here. XD During the last sale I got 2 duds that had to be returned and only a few of the original cases.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Got mine in 2 days, even with value shipping. All 3 games came complete, as well. Pretty happy, actually.[/QUOTE]

where do you live? im in boston, im hoping to get my package tomorrow...i know the gs hq are in forth worth texas

I placed my order on Tuesday, and it's at my local post office right now. Hopefully, it will get delivered to my house today, but if not, I should definitely have it by tomorrow.

Crysis 2, Dead Space 2 (Collectors), Two Worlds 2. 90 shipped.

Cheaper than amazon DoTD and EA. Thankfully I had found an online code for dead space 2 inside a used copy in gamestop the first month it came out. The rest don't need any new codes.

Why the LMAO? I love Dead Space/2 and I didn't buy it for the online, anyone who does is being silly. It is a nice add-on to extend the playtime of the game, but I doubt ANYONE is buying it for the online.

Also, by collectors do you mean Limited? Cause LE=/=CE.

[quote name='AcidRain25']Had $70 in GS Credit and wanted to covert to BB/Amazon so bought 3x FF13 (17.99) and 3x Sports Champions (14.99) and total came to $71.60 after PUR discount and S/H. Locked in my BB trade at $120 for a decent flip. Should get them in time as value shipping has also been fast for me. If any show up incomplete/bad shape ill just trade them into the my local BB store as most of the time they don't even look at the disc.[/QUOTE]

Wow... I don't even understand what you guys are saying. This is the first time I've heard the term "flip." You can bring in used games to Best Buy now?

Just when I thought I understood CAG, it gets brought to another level. Then again I still don't understand that K Mart Gamer nonsense at all so I guess I have a lot to learn.

[quote name='RCS0926']Does anyone think it's redundant to own both TvC and MvC3?[/QUOTE]

Both TvC and MvC3 are excellent games; I don't see any problem with owning both.

(Take that with a grain of salt though, as I'm the type to own both PS3 and 360 copies of most fighting games when possible)

[quote name='Svengoolie']Wow... I don't even understand what you guys are saying. This is the first time I've heard the term "flip." You can bring in used games to Best Buy now?

Just when I thought I understood CAG, it gets brought to another level. Then again I still don't understand that K Mart Gamer nonsense at all so I guess I have a lot to learn.[/QUOTE]

Flipping games is part of the culture of CAG. You joined CAG before I did, so it's difficult to believe that you missed out on the great BBV flips. When I joined CAG, I came during the tail-end of the great Blockbuster flips. It used to be very easy to build up massive amounts of credit at both BBV and GS by flipping games between both stores. A lot of CAGs had several hundred dollars of credit at both stores. Even though I didn't benefit too much from the GS to BBV flips (due to BBV lowering the TIVs), I still managed to build up enough GS credit to get myself a Wii and PS3 for free along with games and accessories.

[quote name='thirtytwoutside']Both TvC and MvC3 are excellent games; I don't see any problem with owning both.

(Take that with a grain of salt though, as I'm the type to own both PS3 and 360 copies of most fighting games when possible)[/QUOTE]

I got similar recommendations over at Gamefaqs. I bought MVC3 yesterday and played it last night. The game is a ton of fun, and I expect that TvC will be just as fun.

Not surprisingly GameStop lets me down. Got my Fatal Frame missing only a manual. Going to have to go hunt for a manual now. Got Fatal Frame 2 with game only and a very botched rebuffing job. Lots of swirls and weird circles in places. No artwork and no manual. Both games are in generic cases, not PS2 cases. I think I can exchange Fatal Frame. Might be difficult to hunt down a Fatal Frame 2 near me.

Portal 2 at least came in decent condition and complete. Just some labels to peel off.

Don't they usually have in store B2G1 sales on Memorial Day? I thought they had one Memorial Day weekend last year. Maybe they will have one this year.

[quote name='RCS0926']Flipping games is part of the culture of CAG. You joined CAG before I did, so it's difficult to believe that you missed out on the great BBV flips. When I joined CAG, I came during the tail-end of the great Blockbuster flips. It used to be very easy to build up massive amounts of credit at both BBV and GS by flipping games between both stores. A lot of CAGs had several hundred dollars of credit at both stores. Even though I didn't benefit too much from the GS to BBV flips (due to BBV lowering the TIVs), I still managed to build up enough GS credit to get myself a Wii and PS3 for free along with games and accessories.[/QUOTE]

I actually maxed out on the amount of credit you could put on a card at GS. They had to put the remaining on a gift card.

[quote name='nakanenui']Is the max still $500 per card? Surprised no announcement of a B2G1 instore for next weekend.[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about the GS card before PowerUp Rewards, it was a $1k max. I don't know if PUR has a limit.

I got my games today. Not very happy. Portal 2 has a ring on the disc(this was the one game I thought had the best chance of being in good shape). Heavy Rain has some jabrone box art/no instructions. I'm going to try to sweet talk GameStop tomorrow in replacing the Portal 2 disc and giving me an actual heavy rain case. Probably won't happen but I'm going to try.

Chalk me up with the crappy condition. Got my 3 games in and only 1 of the three came complete. The disc of that one of course has been refurbished and you can clearly tell that it used to have an xbox ring burned into it. Usually I just take them to local stores and swap them out but no store within an hour drive has any of the 3 in stock. Sigh, sent an email to gamestop customer support and they best at least refund me everything including shipping.

I got my games today, too. Orange Box came w/generic cover & case (boo!). Dissidia Duodecim came complete. Fallout 3 came with the art and no manual, but I didn't order Fallout 3, I ordered Oblivion. :mad:

wow failstop.

I can't justify shopping there anymore.

The no DS cases factor with the piss poor online section of disc only games... plus the fact that the 2 even remotely close are all but slim pickings...

not worth it.

I am not renewing when it comes around. Not till GS cleans up their inventory and comes up with a category for disc only.

[quote name='xycury']

I am not renewing when it comes around. Not till GS cleans up their inventory and comes up with a category for disc only.[/QUOTE]

Never gonna happen. As long as people keep trading games without cases or cover art...

It baffles me that people bitch and complain about getting shafted because the games dont include original case and artwork. Look around you... yes, those around you are the ones that go to the stores and trade games in shit conditions and then demand an used game complete.

[quote name='xycury']wow failstop.

I can't justify shopping there anymore.

The no DS cases factor with the piss poor online section of disc only games... plus the fact that the 2 even remotely close are all but slim pickings...

not worth it.

I am not renewing when it comes around. Not till GS cleans up their inventory and comes up with a category for disc only.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Used up the rest of my credit on some FF13 flips and LA Noire and from now on Im going through Amazon. Cant beat the credits and release day delivery.

Full disclosure: I used to work at GameStop and you will be amazed on how most people do a poor job of taking care of their games. Some games are stolen and that is why they don't have a case. Then, you have the clueless moms who trade DS games without cases and booklet because these clutter their precious homes so they were discarded when the games were bought.

One time, we received a 360 that had cockroaches all over it. Not fucking kidding. The owner said it had been sitting in the attic for 2 years and just found it. Another time we received a console and we opened it because it looked funny and inside there were needles and drugs. The owner goes, "oh yeah, I almost forgot my shit".

Gamestop says on every single item on the site that it may not come with the original box/manual. The only thing they guarantee is that it will work. I admit that promise isn't always held, but that's why you can return it to a store with the packing slip no with almost no questions asked. To complain about it is just silly since the fact that it may not come with box art/manual is plain as day on the website.

I have had games come without the box art/manual, but have had zero issues with exchanging it in store. I agree 100% with everything oasisboy has said in his last few posts.

Haven't bought anything from Gamestop in years, can you mix games from different systems in these deals? Are older systems like Gamecube covered?

[quote name='Fabrizo']Haven't bought anything from Gamestop in years, can you mix games from different systems in these deals? Are older systems like Gamecube covered?[/QUOTE]
Yes and Yes. Just has to be pre-owned.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Gamestop says on every single item on the site that it may not come with the original box/manual. The only thing they guarantee is that it will work. I admit that promise isn't always held, but that's why you can return it to a store with the packing slip no with almost no questions asked. To complain about it is just silly since the fact that it may not come with box art/manual is plain as day on the website.

I have had games come without the box art/manual, but have had zero issues with exchanging it in store. I agree 100% with everything oasisboy has said in his last few posts.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% that you can exchange in store or return them with very little problems. This is only the second time that none of the stores around me have the games in stock. It isn't a coincidence though that both times it was stuff that I ordered for my niece and so they were kid oriented games.

Games really should all have protective layers like blu-ray so that people have to manhandle them a little harder to do damage.

[quote name='tbassett']I got my games today. Not very happy. Portal 2 has a ring on the disc(this was the one game I thought had the best chance of being in good shape). Heavy Rain has some jabrone box art/no instructions. I'm going to try to sweet talk GameStop tomorrow in replacing the Portal 2 disc and giving me an actual heavy rain case. Probably won't happen but I'm going to try.[/QUOTE]

as long as they have them in stock, they have to do it for you.. i've never had any problems with them helping me out with crappy online purchases, in fact i went in yesterday and swapped out a few games that came in bad condition, and usually they agree with me that the online stuff is always being swapped out and never in acceptable condition.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Gamestop says on every single item on the site that it may not come with the original box/manual. The only thing they guarantee is that it will work. I admit that promise isn't always held, but that's why you can return it to a store with the packing slip no with almost no questions asked. To complain about it is just silly since the fact that it may not come with box art/manual is plain as day on the website.

I have had games come without the box art/manual, but have had zero issues with exchanging it in store. I agree 100% with everything oasisboy has said in his last few posts.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I've been able to exchange, but you can get some employees that will say no to swapping.

The last time I tried to exchange one was at a store I don't normally visit and I asked about exchanging for a copy of the game with the case and manual and the guy, who identified himself as the manager and was the only one working in the store, said to me "Ordering online is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get the box and stuff and sometimes you don't." So I told him that I knew that, and I was just trying to exchange it here in store and he said "We don't do that." So then I asked if he could tell me what other stores in the area had the game in stock and he just flat out refused, saying that no other stores will exchange it either. I just left after that.

I drove about 5 miles down the street to another store and the guy working there exchanged the game no problem. I told him about the other store and he seemed surprised and said they did exchanges like this pretty regularly for online orders.

And of course they have it covered with the disclaimer to the effect that returns/exchanges are at the discretion of each store/manager. I try not to go to the store where a particular pig manager made a stink about one return. Preferring to give sales elsewhere whenever possible.

I'm on pins and needles on the condition of the PSP games shipment due next week. It seems unlikely to me that PSP games are mostly being traded in without cases and manuals. It's a recent wave where I find that store after store have PSP sections where it's mainly generic boxes with a sprinkling of 2-4 original cases. Doesn't matter if it's old, or newer games either. I think they just chuck'em so they don't have to deal with storage.

It's starting to happen more with DS games where it's easier for them to put carts side by side in the glass counter case instead of a full size DS box on a shelf.

This is only the second time I have ever gotten incomplete games from Gamestop. The only time before was Merc 2 and it came with a display type boxart and no manual. Even it was better than the generic case.

This time I made 2 orders of 3. Between the orders 3 of them (so 50%) were generic cases and no manual. I have traded out games I bought at one store sans case at another local store. According to the inventory tracker they have all 3 of the incomplete ones in stock so I hope I can get them all fixed at the one store.

[quote name='blindinglights']Most of the time I've been able to exchange, but you can get some employees that will say no to swapping.

The last time I tried to exchange one was at a store I don't normally visit and I asked about exchanging for a copy of the game with the case and manual and the guy, who identified himself as the manager and was the only one working in the store, said to me "Ordering online is a crap shoot. Sometimes you get the box and stuff and sometimes you don't." So I told him that I knew that, and I was just trying to exchange it here in store and he said "We don't do that." So then I asked if he could tell me what other stores in the area had the game in stock and he just flat out refused, saying that no other stores will exchange it either. I just left after that.

I drove about 5 miles down the street to another store and the guy working there exchanged the game no problem. I told him about the other store and he seemed surprised and said they did exchanges like this pretty regularly for online orders.[/QUOTE]

The "manager" was more than likely a newly promoted shift manager that didn't understand how inventory and end of day profit lines works. Employees there are told to keep returns to a minimum.

You, and anyone who wants to return a game ordered online, is completely in the right. In this case there is actually no return necessary unless the game is defective. Even then it does not effect your profits at all because the product is removed from your inventory as if it were shipped to the warehouse, not as if you did a real time move.

Shift management at GameStop is probably the easiest key holding position in all of retail to get into to. I was promoted there the very day I turned 18 and would have gotten it earlier had it not been for legal issues. Looking back, I wasn't really even good at my job until I had about a month of experience. I'm sure I made some bad calls. It really stinks for the customer.

EDIT: Just got my package. I order 1 copy of "Wii - Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars" which arrived complete and 2 copies of "X360 - Carnival Games: Monkey See Monkey Do" both had cases and one was missing a manual...both discs are lightly scratched and you can even see where they put a tag over top of the defective tag. Here's hoping amazon will still take the copy without a manual. Otherwise I'm stuck with this rotten game because nobody has it around me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They definitely frown on returns....I got banned from the website partly because I returned too many of poor condition games they kept sending me.

Local GameStop swapped my scratched copy of Portal 2 with a good copy no problems. Unforunately they didn't have any Heavy Rain cases. I'll have to try a different one, if I get the chance. Not a huge deal about that though.

ugh Prey (360) is out of stock again, I have been wanting to pick that up forever, this would've been a good time to pair it with a few other cheap games, oh well.

One thing you can do infinite is fine another game that is the same price in store as it is online and buy it as a placecholder. Like this game

Find a store near you and just exchange it one for one, it should be ok with the store, even though you got it for free the price is still the same ($2.99)

Got my 3 games. 2 came complete. 1 was missing the manual. However, all 3 games had original cases, and the discs were in great condition.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']And why can't you buy them online?[/QUOTE]

Because he doesn't believe in the internet :lol:

[quote name='caedeskhan']They definitely frown on returns....I got banned from the website partly because I returned too many of poor condition games they kept sending me.[/QUOTE]

How many games did you return? It had to be a shitload...

bread's done
Back