Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

This is some great timing. I am picking up a 3DS today and having never owned a regular DS I can probably get some good oldie games for it cheap.

[quote name='burz88']This is some great timing. I am picking up a 3DS today and having never owned a regular DS I can probably get some good oldie games for it cheap.[/QUOTE]

Recomend chrono trigger if you never played it, castlevania dawn of sorrow or order of eclestia, advance wars ds for strategy, avoid the Zelda games they're pretty weak

[quote name='angel001']Does this apply to ALL locations?[/QUOTE]

yeah, why wouldnt it. Special b2g1 are usually for store openings, or if business sucks ass at that certain store it can be a momentum giver.

[quote name='angel001']Does this apply to ALL locations?[/QUOTE]

It should. It popped up in my messages tab on PowerupRewards site. Also has it under "trade in offers" on the website.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Recomend chrono trigger if you never played it, castlevania dawn of sorrow or order of eclestia, advance wars ds for strategy, avoid the Zelda games they're pretty weak[/QUOTE]

Guy I'm buying the 3DS from is including the Zelda 3D remake, so I should be good there. I will check out your recommendations, thanks!

I've been waiting on some cheap music games, going to pick up Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Van Halen and maybe Rock Band 2 or something for 360.

[quote name='Geco17']This doesnt combine with the extra 30% trade in Im guessing correct?[/QUOTE]

couldn't you trade in your games then use the credit towards the b2g1? i'm doubt it would be considered "stacking"

[quote name='havuk']couldn't you trade in your games then use the credit towards the b2g1? i'm doubt it would be considered "stacking"[/QUOTE]

yeah but you have to buy something used first. I guess buy an old ps2 madden game, or that 99 cent kinect adventures. If my store is denying honoring the 30%, then ill buy a ps2 version of madden 2004 for 50 cents and then ill leave there on my way out, or throw it in the garbage.

What the? Mine says online only?

Buy 2 Get 1 Free
Buy 2 Get 1 Free on pre-owned products with exclusive early access for PowerUp Rewards members

Offer valid online only for a limited time. Subject to end at any time. Only valid while supplies last on select in-stock, pre-owned games. Free game must be of equal or lesser value. Other exclusions may apply. No dealers or resellers, please. Cannot be transferred, exchanged, replaced, redeemed for cash, combined with any other offer, discount, or promotion. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. © 2010 GameStop. GameStop is a registered trademark of GameStop, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

[quote name='Mugatu']What the? Mine says online only?[/QUOTE]

If that's true I won't be taking part. I don't want a bunch of discs in generic cases.

It's showing up in my messages list, and it does NOT say online only.. but clicking the link in the message brings me to http://www.gamestop.com/collection/buy-2-get-1 which isn't up yet.

Like I said, it doesn't say online only but it will be online considering the message brought me to that page. We'll just have to see if it is in-store as well.

This is what it says in my PUR messages...I note the language "The sooner you get to GameStop, the better chance you have of filling out your gaming library..." which to me implies in-store.

Your B2G1 Free Weekend Starts 1 Day Early, a PowerUp Rewards Exclusive
We're not really supposed to play favorites, but let's face it, PowerUp Rewards members are just the best. That's why we're giving you the chance to get in on this pre-owned Buy 2 Get 1 Free weekend a full day earlier than everyone else.
The sooner you get to GameStop, the better chance you have of filling out your gaming library with all the awesome pre-owned games and accessories you've been looking for.

I have been waiting for this for so long. I just hope I can get enough stuff to trade this week to make it really worthwhile. Right now I have about $150 or so in store credit. Would like to get that to at least $200.

The only thing mine says under PUR messages is get Skyrim for $29.99 w/ a 4000 point coupon. Is that odd that the B2G1 message is not listed on my page?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just saw the promo banner on Gamestop's website. But it does say offer valid online only for a limited time, as mentioned earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope this is true. I just bought a bunch of pre-owned games in order to move some GS credit over to BB. This way I can do a return/rebuy on my games I bought and then get some more GS credit back.

Thanks OP for the heads up!

Does this still work on GBA games? I bought 2 the other day and wouldn't mind getting a 3rd free, (yes even at $.90~ ...I'm that cheap) since I'm going back in with Zelda DS I just bought as well pre-owned to return and grab two other games with it.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I see no reason why it wouldn't. B2G1 any pre owned game. And I'm sure they want to clear out their GBA stock.[/QUOTE]

yeah I don't either, just wondering if the 75% off interferes with the b2g1, usually with GameStop no deals stack. But you're probably right, worth a try anyways since I plan on going in, might as well give it a shot.

Do any of you think the PUR $30 Skyrim coupon would stack with the b2g1? I already asked this in the TIV thread, but thought I'd try here since this is getting more replies.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Do any of you think the PUR $30 Skyrim coupon would stack with the b2g1? I already asked this in the TIV thread, but thought I'd try here since this is getting more replies.[/QUOTE]

Nothing stacks with B2G1, not even their own sale prices (PUR 10% always stacks). The games that are on sale will ring up as their normal price when you try to do b2g1

How can I rebuy a game I bought yesterday. Just return it and tell them I'd like to rebuy this along with others for the b2g1 free promo?

[quote name='mewman13']Nothing stacks with B2G1, not even their own sale prices (PUR 10% always stacks). The games that are on sale will ring up as their normal price when you try to do b2g1[/QUOTE]

Not always true. It was working with MW3 when it was on sale used for 35. It depends on how they have the price in the system. If the actual price was dropped then you're good but if its like a promotion sale then it won't work with B2G1 free.

[quote name='BryanDGAF']How can I rebuy a game I bought yesterday. Just return it and tell them I'd like to rebuy this along with others for the b2g1 free promo?[/QUOTE]
You got it.

this. same went for when skyrim and gears 3 were on sale. the pur skyrim coupon would involve the computer doing an individual price change which would in turn negates the use of the b2g1 free at that price. if skyrim were on sale then there would be no individual price change needed and b2g1 would work fine.

[quote name='DCpinoy']Not always true. It was working with MW3 when it was on sale used for 35. It depends on how they have the price in the system. If the actual price was dropped then you're good but if its like a promotion sale then it won't work with B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='burz88']This is some great timing. I am picking up a 3DS today and having never owned a regular DS I can probably get some good oldie games for it cheap.[/QUOTE]

DS forum has a best-of list you should check out.

Planning on getting:

:ds: 999
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

unless I can find a better title at $17.99...

[quote name='DCpinoy']Not always true. It was working with MW3 when it was on sale used for 35. It depends on how they have the price in the system. If the actual price was dropped then you're good but if its like a promotion sale then it won't work with B2G1 free.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I remember it stacking but wasn't the MW3 $35 used pricing a promotion at the time?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']It fucking better, I can't see why it wouldnt.[/QUOTE]

I think this occured before and both promos wouldn't work. I have bought a bunch of items I want this week using the trade promo and will do a return rebuy in thurs. It's a good way to get the promo and pick up good games early.

Man, I just can't find anything I want that's near in price or feels "reasonable" to me. I've stayed away from gamestop for awhile and this bummed me out.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yeah I remember it stacking but wasn't the MW3 $35 used pricing a promotion at the time?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was. But from what I got from the GS employee was sometimes they code it as a temporary promotion sale and sometimes its just a normal sale price. There's no pattern to how they do it either. So the normal sale price usually works with B2G1 but not the promo sale/temp price cut.

Man, I want to get Dragon's Dogma in a B2G1Free deal, but I can't justify its $55 price tag to myself.

C'mon, GameStop! Give me a reason to spend my money!

bread's done
Back