Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

[quote name='Bizzquik']Man, I want to get Dragon's Dogma in a B2G1Free deal, but I can't justify its $55 price tag to myself.

C'mon, GameStop! Give me a reason to spend my money![/QUOTE]

It is well worth a full retail price tag. I have been loving the game since launch.

I have a decent chunk of credit right now for GS and so hopefully we can find a few good flips to Best Buy seeing as the 100% promo is still active.

I bet this thread will be full of people who "haven't set foot in a gs store in 3 years" buying a bunch of games. It's amazing how people take advantage of this sale whenever GS has it, and then (while posting about all the games they got) talk about how much they hated the experience they had while they were in there buying their 6 games.

Sweet. Ill be picking up 3 cheap games. Ill be snagging NFS Hot Pursuit, Midnight Club LA, and Blood Drive. Yes, I know "Blood Drive." But I am a Zombie freak and it is one of the only zombie games I do not own.

BTW, I just got the gamebreaker DLC for DR2: OTR. Wow, that is one of the sweetest DLC Packs Ive bought.

I am looking for a Zombie game on the Vita. WE NEED IT!!!!!

Awesome, thanks TC. Was already planning to buy Record of Agarest War Zero used today since the price dropped. Guess i'll glad Touch my Katamari too, and figure out a 3rd game to get.

[quote name='Wynterwind']Have never tried to get in on the PUR early day before. Is the free PUR card enough, or does it have to be the paid membership?[/QUOTE]

There's a free membership and paid membership. Paid=$15 but well worth it if you plan on buying cheaper games(10% off pre-owned) while giving you a b2g1 free coupon and 1-year sub to game informer.
If not then don't bother and get the free one for points which lead to coupons when you buy over time

So my goal is 3 games for $10 ($9 after PUR discount and no tax paid with credit). Guitar Hero World Tour, Guitar Hero Aerosmith and either Rock Band 2 or another non music $5 game...any suggestions?

[quote name='Cocojames333']Anyone know if these qualify?

Arkham Asylum 360
LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 360[/QUOTE]

If they are used...all used games qualify.

I think I'm picking up Two Worlds 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, and Rise of Argonauts. Looking for some cheap RPG games, um, and Ghost Recon. Can't really think of any others that are cheap. Not looking to spend TOOO much money.

rise of the argonauts has alotttttt of dialogue, so hopefully ur ok with that. i would recommend u get Nier, its cheap and awesome. 3d dot heroes used is cheap too.

[quote name='mightymek']If they are used...all used games qualify.

I think I'm picking up Two Worlds 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, and Rise of Argonauts. Looking for some cheap RPG games, um, and Ghost Recon. Can't really think of any others that are cheap. Not looking to spend TOOO much money.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting, OP. I'll probably pick up Blazblue: CS EXtend (Vita) and two other games, though what they'll be is a mystery to me.

Hi, if you put a game on hold, how long does gamestop hold it for you? I checked their website but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.

[quote name='Oi Stino']Hi, if you put a game on hold, how long does gamestop hold it for you? I checked their website but I couldn't find anything. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Using In Store Pickup - two days - at least according to the confirmation email you get when they set it aside and say it's ready for pickup. How closely the store follows that may differ though. I once requested a game for pick up on a Wednesday, but I couldn't get to the store until Saturday. I expected the game to have been "released" from hold, but it was still behind the counter waiting for me.

Calling in for them to hold - they usually only hold it until the end of the business day

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']when did Final Fantasy XIII-2 go up to $34.99 used?[/QUOTE]

When it stopped being on sale for $20/$19 2-3 weeks ago.

Liked Nier quite a bit. Fun and overlooked game.

Other games under $25 worth picking up? Vanquish and Dark Souls come to mind.

how up to date is their store locator with the stores stock. i'm looking to pick up blazblue, uncharted and, gravity rush all for vita and one store has the first 2 listed but not the third, yet gravity rush is listed at another store close by and im wondering if maybe the store i was originally headed to might have all 3 anyway.

[quote name='RPGamer246']how up to date is their store locator with the stores stock. i'm looking to pick up blazblue, uncharted and, gravity rush all for vita and one store has the first 2 listed but not the third, yet gravity rush is listed at another store close by and im wondering if maybe the store i was originally headed to might have all 3 anyway.[/QUOTE]

just call the store and ask. Its not that hard

Thinking of getting these:
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - $29.99 with coupon
Uncharted 3: $37.99
L.A. Noire - Complete edition: ($29.99) Free with B2G1

Expected to pay 67.98 plus tax.

Think this will work?

[quote name='cagfansub']Thinking of getting these:

Think this will work?[/QUOTE]

Coupon doesn't stack.

[quote name='major morgan']Using In Store Pickup - two days - at least according to the confirmation email you get when they set it aside and say it's ready for pickup. How closely the store follows that may differ though. I once requested a game for pick up on a Wednesday, but I couldn't get to the store until Saturday. I expected the game to have been "released" from hold, but it was still behind the counter waiting for me.

Calling in for them to hold - they usually only hold it until the end of the business day[/QUOTE]

Thank you.

So do these sale prices apply? For example on the website Deus Ex sale price is 17.99 but the regular price is 24.99 in red - which one will I be charged if I'm trying to do the b2g1?

The 24.99 or 17.99?

[quote name='cagfansub']Thinking of getting these:

Think this will work?[/QUOTE]

I would hold off Uncharted 3 considering the GOTY will be coming out soon... the price for the vanilla will go down to probably 19.99 or below. Plus the price of used copy is way inflated already....

[quote name='Wutang_KILLTHEM']So do these sale prices apply? For example on the website Deus Ex sale price is 17.99 but the regular price is 24.99 in red - which one will I be charged if I'm trying to do the b2g1?

The 24.99 or 17.99?[/QUOTE]

I did a reserve on it and it says 17.99 is in-store price.

The Website prices are weird. Lego Harry Potter for the Vita is 9.99 online, yet sold out, and if you try to order it instore it charges 14.99

Considering that most of their prices are noncompetitive to begin with, I'd probably fare better buying 3 (or 4, even) from another vendor. I suppose their wider selection gives them up a leg up in someways.

As expected, gamestop already inflated a lot of the used games today in preparation for tomorrow's start of B2G1 deal. Tsk

Im considering buying the following used tomorrow:

- neverdead 18.99
- record of argarest war zero 17.99
- captain america super soldier 17.99

Reason behind choices: Havent seen these games being sold for $9.99 without using coupons of some sort.

Just hope i can get minty copies of these and prices will stay the same. have to check my local stores tonight.

[quote name='dgwillia006']The Website prices are weird. Lego Harry Potter for the Vita is 9.99 online, yet sold out, and if you try to order it instore it charges 14.99

[quote name='CAGkrazy']As expected, gamestop already inflated a lot of the used games today in preparation for tomorrow's start of B2G1 deal. Tsk

Im considering buying the following used tomorrow:

- neverdead 18.99
- record of argarest war zero 17.99
- captain america super soldier 17.99

Reason behind choices: Havent seen these games being sold for $9.99 without using coupons of some sort.

Just hope i can get minty copies of these and prices will stay the same. have to check my local stores tonight.[/QUOTE]

I know Agarest shouldnt be going up in price, infact it literally just dropped within the past week (For the release of 2 i guess).

Good luck finding a copy though, i had to drive 10 miles out of the way to get one. PS3 version especially seems to be rarer

And to Helix, i'm pretty sure they wont. I told the guy and he seemed like he couldnt do anything about it. I might try to PM at Best Buy or something though

I was considering Deus Ex Human Revolution
Touch my Katamari (Vita)
and Record of Argarest War Zero
...all 17.99

I kind of wanted to pick up Batman AA GOTY edition in preparation of eventually picking up Batman AC but I can't really think of anything around $12.99 that I'd get with it that interest me.
Hmm pick up MGS4 for 9.99 for a replay? Now I just need a third game.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I know Agarest shouldnt be going up in price, infact it literally just dropped within the past week (For the release of 2 i guess).

Good luck finding a copy though, i had to drive 10 miles out of the way to get one. PS3 version especially seems to be rarer [/QUOTE]

Ive noticed that. This was one of the games i was contemplating on getting the last B2G1 free promo. the price was still 29.99 i think.

One other game im to consider is Alan Wake for 17.99! New game can be had for 19.99 so it really isnt much of a deal for me just yet.

Question to anyone who ever used instore pickup during a B2G1. Literally just noticed the store i drove out of the way to is the only one in a 40 mile radius that has Devil Survivor 2 used for DS.

If you order online before the sale starts, can you still return instore and rebuy?

[quote name='dgwillia006']Question to anyone who ever used instore pickup during a B2G1. Literally just noticed the store i drove out of the way to is the only one in a 40 mile radius that has Devil Survivor 2 used for DS.

If you order online before the sale starts, can you still return instore and rebuy?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Doesn't matter where or when you buy as long as you're still in the 7 day return window. At least that's been my experience.

I cant remember where it was, mighta been gamestop but I remember a time I was not allowed to return and rebuy something.....but it was probably there because they are d-bags

[quote name='merchie89']I cant remember where it was, mighta been gamestop but I remember a time I was not allowed to return and rebuy something.....but it was probably there because they are d-bags[/QUOTE]

Nope, just a couple weeks ago I bought two games and then a couple days later got the B2G1 coupon on my PUR account for renewing my subscription. I took the two games in with my receipt and asked if I could ad another one for B2G1 with my coupon and he did it no problem.

[quote name='bob330i']Yes. Doesn't matter where or when you buy as long as you're still in the 7 day return window. At least that's been my experience.[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for that. Though i ended up driving there because i had been waiting for this game to show up used for ages.

Turns out the stupid lady over the phone put it on the shelf when it wasnt supposed to be. (Due to some stupid 15 day cash trade Pawn Shop law). Drove halfway across town for nothing. Though i dont get why not only it'd let you search for it in the system AND order it online if you cant even buy the damn thing.

This is why i hate shopping at other gamestop's outside of my usual 2 -_-

Picking up heavenly sword, folklore, and wet tomorrow. I had all of them reserved and went in today to pick them up. Luckily the store clerk told me about the sale. Saved me about $13.

bread's done
Back