Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

I'm thinking of getting dragon's dogma, tales of grace f, and spec ops: the line if i can find it but i'm thinking all 3 of them should be on sale soon. I have 2 different stores near me with the first 2 so i'm thinking the chances of getting spec ops is pretty good.

[quote name='merchie89']There are two copies with 100 miles of me, and both are over 50+ so good luck if people can find them.

If checked about 25% of the 360 games on gamestop.com, and it comes out to about +17 flipped to best buy best case so far....might as well check the flip thread.

Its an easier list[/QUOTE]

Wait what? ive been here for years and never knew we had a flip thread that was worth a damn...

Search doesnt seem to find it though, would you happen to have a link handy? thanks

I'm almost gonna feel like a dick if i go in and then don't buy anything i reserved for in store pick up. I wish that there was a way to only reserve something if it came in the original case. I hate cart only ds and 3ds games.

List of what I'm going to pick up tomorrow

Metal Gear Solid 4 ps3
Far Cry 2 360 or ps3
Bioshock 360

2x Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY ps3
Bioshock 2 360

Deus Ex Human Revolution ps3
Record of Agarest War Zero ps3
Touch my Katamari vita

God of War Collection ps3
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition ps3
Resonance of Fate ps3 or 360

I might just ditch the 19.99 set though cause I only picked it out cause my bro wanted God of War Collection...which is a dick move cause I had it a month ago and he knew it but traded it in...to GS no less cause I played through God of War Collection, GoW 3, and GoW HD Collection.

[quote name='reicaden']Wait what? ive been here for years and never knew we had a flip thread that was worth a damn...

Search doesnt seem to find it though, would you happen to have a link handy? thanks[/QUOTE]

NotSureIfSerious.png

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']If you do end up finding Spiderman or Spec Ops wouldnt the used price be like $54.99 or something if thats the case i dont see why you wouldnt buy it new.Im not trying to be mean or anything but you made it sound like they are going to be like $30 used.On the other hand i think Lego Batman would be $30 or $35 which is pretty good if you can get a used copy.[/QUOTE]

i hear what you are saying, but if he haves a power up card he can also get an extra 10% off, so thats will take off an extra $10 bucks. and if any of the games require online passes they will be cheaper then $55 a piece, but that means he needs to buy the pass for $10, so it's kind of a so so deal. and if there is a batman lego 2 used already, the cheapest it would be is about $40 $45 bucks, not $30 $35.

Okay so I took back 8 of my Gamecube things and bought back 4. However the machine was being emo as usual and got $4 refunded to my PUR card and the other $20 onto a Gamestop gift card. If I purchase something with the Gamestop gift card, will I be charged tax?

So I did the online reserve thing last night a little after six for DBZ Burst Limit, Killzone 3, and Red Dead Redem, but I never got the follow up emails that are supposed to come after the confirmation email. Is this usual or what?

[quote name='Jhuntley']So I did the online reserve thing last night a little after six for DBZ Burst Limit, Killzone 3, and Red Dead Redem, but I never got the follow up emails that are supposed to come after the confirmation email. Is this usual or what?[/QUOTE]

You probably wont get a confirmation email until the store opens and they pull the merchandise.

I tried to set a few for in store pick up, but when I click submit it just keeps swirling. Guess I'll try my luck when they open.

Perfect

Just traded an ipod touch for a 3DS yesterday so I'll get OoT, mario land 3D, and mario kart 3D.

I'm not going to play any of the games until I uptrade the 3DS for the 3DS XL tho.

I dont think I have ever bought a refurb item so I am not sure, does refurbished fall under "preowned products"? Was planning on buying a Refurb Kinect this week while its on sale for 79.99, curious if i could use that purchase for this deal.

Earlier in the week I picked up used copies of Lego Pirates for 3DS and Clubhouse Games for DS, so I am going to take in my receipt and do a return/rebuy to get a $9.99 game for free. Any good suggestions for $9.99? I am leaning on MGS4, since I finally updated my PS3 hard drive for all of the free games on Plus and don't have to constantly shuffle out game install files anymore. I have all consoles except for PSP (sold it towards a Vita). Thanks.

There's nothing I really want at the moment. I might just get a few $10 games for my son. I see some of the Lego games are on sale for $9.99. Don't know if I should get the DS or PS3 version.

[quote name='merchie89']^^^
don't you need the games to do a return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]

I think the rule applies to new games only. Some stores may vary so I would call to confirm.

[quote name='merchie89']^^^
don't you need the games to do a return/rebuy?[/QUOTE]

YMMV, I've been able to do return/rebuys before with only the reciept.

Went and returned Shinobido 2 for vita. Got Dark Souls, tekken 6 and deus ex. The got duke nukem since it was 5 bucks.

And Dark Souls (ps3 at least not sure about 360) dropped to 24.99 for a used copy at my store at least.

Hit up GS this morning for

:ps3: Uncharted Drake's Fortune
:360: Red Dead GOTY
:ps3: Deus Ex

Traded in the Undead Nightmare disc for $12 at Best Buy.

Request: If you used the B2G1, post what you got so other people can get ideas.

Got a ton of the games listed in the gs to bb flip thread at my nearest gs. Gonna use a 75 gift card to get close to $200 at bb with the b2g1. Its all shovelware so nobody should complain, I'm sure the clerks at both stores will be confused why I want such a large list of crap and why I'm trading in so much crap. Also thinkin of grabbing the entire Fear series to play through.

Also off topic but does anyone know if you can do a trade in at BB with an expired license? The gaming rep knows me and I do a ton of trade ins but my ID expired yesterday and id rather go to the dmv tomorrow if I can trade with it expired

The offer doesn't say online only, you're reading it wrong. (Granted, it is misleading if you don't read it the right way.) It says they can shut down the online portion of the sale early, which I would expect them to. So if you're planning on ordering online, do it today.

I did it just fine in-store today.

yeah instore works most def. was hoping for a few they couldn't find, but oh wellz. did great burning off some of this excess credit iv accumulated. thanx cag

[quote name='MellowSeth']I dont think I have ever bought a refurb item so I am not sure, does refurbished fall under "preowned products"? Was planning on buying a Refurb Kinect this week while its on sale for 79.99, curious if i could use that purchase for this deal.[/QUOTE]

If you live near a Sears or 2, check them, first. They might be $74.97 in your town, too.

Edit:Unless you have GS credit. Plus, I see this deal going on. Hmmm...

Ugh...went to the Gamestop by my work for my Lego Harry Potters, and they didn't have them, but the website said they did. I forgot, in Broward County, FL, they hold trade-ins for 30 days before they can sell them. But for some stupid reason, they show up in their inventory as in stock. I will get them in the next county after work so I don't have to deal with that at other stores around here. Wasted lunch break, yay!

[quote name='mightymek']Ugh...went to the Gamestop by my work for my Lego Harry Potters, and they didn't have them, but the website said they did. I forgot, in Broward County, FL, they hold trade-ins for 30 days before they can sell them. But for some stupid reason, they show up in their inventory as in stock. I will get them in the next county after work so I don't have to deal with that at other stores around here. Wasted lunch break, yay![/QUOTE]

We are neighbors! Let's take our dogs to a dog park and discuss the intricacies of being an awesome CAG in Broward.

So have we been able to establish the best Flip prices?
(purchase B2G1Free at GameStop, trade-in at Best Buy during 100% trade-in bonus)

From what I can tell, the MLB 2k12/NBA 2k12 combo package looks like an okay flip: $59.99 for the dual pack, combined trade-in value of $42 (after trade-in bonus).
I say that's okay because the GameStop purchase price (with B2G1Free) & trade-in value at Best Buy basically cancel each other out, which would then make this a B1G1Free, provided you don't mind having BB gift cards instead of cash. (And obviously the MLB 2k12/NBA 2k12 only makes sense for people interested in games costing $54.99 and up.)

Any other break-even games near $54.99?
I ask because I'm trying to get Dragon's Dogma for a great price.

Sorry for the dumb question. But can someone list the good Gamestop to Best Buy flips I am buying a new TV at the end of the month BB so every little bit to help knock down the price will help.

Just picked up MLB The Show 07, 08, and 09 for $7..store I went to was so dis-organized to hunt out anything worth while, and can never bring myself to drop $30 for (3) $17 semi-decent games..

[quote name='cheapbrokegamer']We are neighbors! Let's take our dogs to a dog park and discuss the intricacies of being an awesome CAG in Broward.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically I live in Boynton, so if you're in Broward, we are distant neighbors. I just work in Pompano. I don't know why Broward has that stupid 30 day rule. Palm Beach doesn't. But it seems like both Gamestops in Boca have what I want, so I'll hit them after work. And I never take my dog to the dog park. She was attacked twice at the one in Delray (and she's a pit mix...so they are not all bad like the media would like you to believe...she's a marshmellow)

[quote name='merchie89']people who flip only flip during b2g1, are like people who play the lottery only when its over 100 million....[/QUOTE]

Except people who play the lottery are idiots

Had Asura's Wrath in my hand, but couldn't find anymore ~30$ games to pair it with.

I thought about RE: Operation Raccoon City, but I figure that one is dropping in price really quick.

Went to pick up the 3 games I had reserved online late last night. Sadly, the only F:NV Ultimate was disc-only (why????), so I had to replace it. Got for $63ish:

PS3 Asura's Wrath
PS3 GOW Origins Collection
DS Mario Kart

Not terrible, but the selection there wasn't really the best.

[quote name='maxiell']The offer doesn't say online only, you're reading it wrong. (Granted, it is misleading if you don't read it the right way.) It says they can shut down the online portion of the sale early, which I would expect them to. So if you're planning on ordering online, do it today.

I did it just fine in-store today.[/QUOTE]

On the Gamestop website it says online only probably because their website sucks.

Used some credit to pick up White Knight Chronicles 2, Eternal Sonata, and Hyperdimension Neptunia. All of them ended up being complete in almost new condition.

[quote name='Mugatu']On the Gamestop website it says online only probably because their website sucks.[/QUOTE]

It says, "Offer valid online only for a limited time." I guess CAGs are used to having the words "online only" mean just that, but here the rest of the sentence clearly implies that the online portion of the sale is what is valid for a limited time.

I got a bunch of crap games for $25. Happy with some collection fillers! Finally got Hannah Montana! Wooooooooooooooo

Well i got the 3 games i wanted, i saw more stuff, but i really need to save some of my credit for the 3DS XL

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 (DS)
Shinobido 2 (Vita)
Record of Agarest War Zero (PS3)

Now i just gotta wait for traffic to calm down to go to my usual store to return/rebuy.

bread's done
Back