Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

[quote name='redboy']A rminder: Dont forget to pick up a free GameStock code thing when your at GS.[/QUOTE]

They didn't give me one. I'm a little disappointed. I thought about it while I was there, forgot when I was checking out, and then remembered after I left.

[quote name='sbaker44']They didn't give me one. I'm a little disappointed. I thought about it while I was there, forgot when I was checking out, and then remembered after I left.[/QUOTE]

oh shit same here. There were posters and signs all by the counter, but I forgot all about it since I was making sure that they guy gave me full credit for my games and that the games I were buying were in good condition and the cases weren't bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrshllJcb']By using this thread (for like the 3rd time today, thanks XF Gator for creating) http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322515

You gotta be prepared to spend at least an hour total. I used the website to locate the gamestop store nearest to me that had the most games on the list in stock, I then created a list of 3 game groups of similar values that I planned to find and buy at GS, then I went and found them. Then I went to the BB across the street (F them, their machine for trade ins was broken), so I went to the other BB 15 minutes away and did my trade there, and walked away with $142 (or could have been $147) in BB credit. PM me if you want a list of the games I bought and traded.[/QUOTE]

Dude, you should post that list. Turning $62 into $142 is math I gotta read. :bow:

[quote name='kouleefoh']By using the gamestop trade in thread. Geez, is there an echo in here?[/QUOTE]

"geez" well G golly Mr

kane and lynch 2
banjo nuts and bolts
rainbow six LV 2

18 bucks and change. Got these for local co op except banjo.

Grabbed some DS games to compliment my new 3DS.
Chrono Trigger, Castlevania : Dawn of Sorrow, and Pokemon Diamond all for ~$38 after tax. The guy was trying to upsell me to get Pokemon White, but I haven't played a Pokemon since the original Red version and figured I might as well get the one priced similarly to my other two purchases.

I overhead the same GS employee telling another person Best Buy will be bankrupt in 3 months. I'll have to check my posts, but I believe he said the same thing 1-2 months ago. :roll:

Turned 150 in GS credit to 180 in BB credit + a free copy of Yakuza 4 and Some Kingdom hearts game for my son on the ds. Wasn't looking to turn a profit, just move credit so was pleased with my effort of visiting a single store.

I picked up Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and 5-7 for Xbox, plus another 5-7 for ps3 to flip cause I couldn't find another game. Cost $24.xx including tax. Ended up selling the ps3 copy of 5-7 to half.com's instant sale program for $21.75. Good stuff.

[quote name='mightymek']I picked up Lego Harry Potter 1-4 and 5-7 for Xbox, plus another 5-7 for ps3 to flip cause I couldn't find another game. Cost $24.xx including tax. Ended up selling the ps3 copy of 5-7 to half.com's instant sale program for $21.75. Good stuff.[/QUOTE]

how does half.com work? Got 3 copies very local, 24-63 is a good one

Ahh its 2 of a game and 10 per quarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, is Tales of the Abyss 3ds any good? Looking to pick up more 3ds games and remember my local store has like 4 or 5 of these sued complete.

[quote name='Obiwan456']Hey, is Tales of the Abyss 3ds any good? Looking to pick up more 3ds games and remember my local store has like 4 or 5 of these sued complete.[/QUOTE]
If you like JRPG's then yeah it's pretty good.

Now I must do some searching tonight. Looking for some cheap but good PS3 games that I can grab for $25 or less.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']If you like JRPG's then yeah it's pretty good.
[/QUOTE]

I have actually never played a JRPG. I have played a few western RPG's, and like long games. So, would I enjoy it?

I thought about not going because of my backlog, decided to pick up three (any three I found that I wanted) and ended up leaving with six lol...only cost me 30 including tax and the guy was quite kind to find me cases in the drawers for two of the games I bought that had replacement cases....only two of the cheap games he did not have the real case for..

Two Worlds (the only one not on my list I have stored somewhere in my biological memory banks), Rise of the Argonauts (he told me the disc was iffy, but I've been putting off the game too long) FEAR 2, Crackdown, Prince of Persia, and Vikings.

[quote name='slowdive21']I overhead the same GS employee telling another person Best Buy will be bankrupt in 3 months. I'll have to check my posts, but I believe he said the same thing 1-2 months ago. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm sure a GS employee has access to insider information...what's being speculated has been in the news for the last few years and all one needs is to look at their public filings to deduce their perilous predicament. Hell, a GS employee can't even give you advice on video games let alone financial planning.

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']Any body find a Lego Batman 2 for used yet? I refuse to pay full price for it.[/QUOTE]

i bought lego batman 2 today (used) for the vita. didn't see any ps3/360 i paid about $23.00 and change for lego batman 2,
used a PUR $10 coupon.

[quote name='slowdive21']I overhead the same GS employee telling another person Best Buy will be bankrupt in 3 months. I'll have to check my posts, but I believe he said the same thing 1-2 months ago. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I've overhead employees at a few different GameStop locations saying this same stuff to customers, weird. I mean we all know that Best Buy isn't in the best shape, but why GS employees tell their customers about it is strange.

picked up:
Tales of graces F
dragons dogma
the witcher 2

divinity II dragon knight saga
agarest war zero
atelier totori

mirrors edge
flatout ultimate
nier

two worlds II, which i will later return/rebuy with ridge racer 7 and idk. damn good day to be a flipper with the credits. still have over 300$ :D

I was planning on getting some PS2 games, but they threw away all of the boxes/manuals, just like they do for DS and 3DS. I don't understand why they do this. They say it is because they have no room, but there is TONS of empty space in the middle of the store that could have a rolling cart or something. *SIGH* f'in Gamestop.

[quote name='Optical']I was planning on getting some PS2 games, but they threw away all of the boxes/manuals, just like they do for DS and 3DS. I don't understand why they do this. They say it is because they have no room, but there is TONS of empty space in the middle of the store that could have a rolling cart or something. *SIGH* f'in Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

My store was in the process of doing this. I managed to grab complete copies of Tales of Legendia and Abyss first! I think they were converted to used, they look new.

[quote name='Obiwan456']I have actually never played a JRPG. I have played a few western RPG's, and like long games. So, would I enjoy it?[/QUOTE]
It's hard to say WRPG's are way different than JRPG's. JRPG's are more about following one story and gridning off enemies to get loot/levels so you can advance. They are not bad, but at the same time they are different than WRPG's. I would say if your interested, look at reviews of the game/videos to decide.

[quote name='taylort3']picked up:
Tales of graces F
dragons dogma
the witcher 2

divinity II dragon knight saga
agarest war zero
atelier totori

mirrors edge
flatout ultimate
nier

two worlds II, which i will later return/rebuy with ridge racer 7 and idk. damn good day to be a flipper with the credits. still have over 300$ :D[/QUOTE]

You've got good taste. Especially for Nier, that game needs more love. :)

I really don't want to go to GameStop, but to get Xenoblade Chronicles and Crush3D (ugh, exclusives) and get a free game out of it, I guess I'll bite. But if I get a d-bag employee, fuck it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Quake 4[/QUOTE]
ew don't do that. quake wars was great though (on windows and linux).

*****************************************************************************************************************

i finally picked up god of collection with a bunch of other stuff. wow, is god of war 1 ugly! i'll speedrun god of war 2 tonight and trade it in if gamestop doesn't let me do an exchange for something else tomorrow.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I've overhead employees at a few different GameStop locations saying this same stuff to customers, weird. I mean we all know that Best Buy isn't in the best shape, but why GS employees tell their customers about it is strange.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they are getting a lot or preorders canceled because or bestbuy. I was in GameStop the other day and heard a conversation about some guy canceling 6 preorders at once and the reason was bestbuy. I really can't blame the guy, I haven't preordered at GameStop for a few years with Kmarts deals and now Bestbuys. Plus a 60 day price match policy for me is just too much to pass up.

Anyways, why hasn't yakuza dead souls or armored core v dropped yet?! I was really tempted to grab them today but couldn't justify paying $100 for those two plus another.

[quote name='stiner']Maybe they are getting a lot or preorders canceled because or bestbuy. I was in GameStop the other day and heard a conversation about some guy canceling 6 preorders at once and the reason was bestbuy. I really can't blame the guy, I haven't preordered at GameStop for a few years with Kmarts deals and now Bestbuys. Plus a 60 day price match policy for me is just too much to pass up.

[/QUOTE]
With 100% tiv and $20 GC on games, I can see why BB is stealing preorders.

i bought Asura's wrath and heavy rain as well as re-bought halo 3 (for campaign because i break those discs from overplay :)

I am considering getting Halo 3 again, I haven't played it in ages- my nearest GS doesn't have a copy with the original box art though :(

ok i am in a bind... i got 6 game yesterday and I want to exchange one of them but i can;t find my receipt... any chance they will let me exchange since they should have it on record since i pay with store credit?

Can people confirm that if I were to purchase 6 games at the same time, 3 19.99 games and 3 4.99 games it will knock off 1 of the 19.99 and 1 of the 4.99 games? Does the computer really group them or will it make me get 2 4.99 games free?

[quote name='Glass_Ghost_0']Can people confirm that if I were to purchase 6 games at the same time, 3 19.99 games and 3 4.99 games it will knock off 1 of the 19.99 and 1 of the 4.99 games? Does the computer really group them or will it make me get 2 4.99 games free?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the computer will group the games so that you get one of the $19.99 games free and one of the $4.99 games free. Did this with a group of 9 games yesterday that varied in price and the correct ones rang up free...

[quote name='esalw822']Yeah, the computer will group the games so that you get one of the $19.99 games free and one of the $4.99 games free. Did this with a group of 9 games yesterday that varied in price and the correct ones rang up free...[/QUOTE]

Thanks!:bouncy:

[quote name='k1ngster']If youre not a power member, the b2g1 starts tommorrow for you.[/QUOTE]

Actually, this statement is YMMV.

My local Gamestop in Rosenberg, TX allowed everyone to participate in the B2G1 free on June 28.

[quote name='PublikDefender']ew don't do that. quake wars was great though (on windows and linux).

*****************************************************************************************************************

i finally picked up god of collection with a bunch of other stuff. wow, is god of war 1 ugly! i'll speedrun god of war 2 tonight and trade it in if gamestop doesn't let me do an exchange for something else tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Heh...i liked quake 4. Anyway Prey was mentioned and i believe both games were built on the Doom 3 engine.

[quote name='ChillyWillie']Actually, this statement is YMMV.

My local Gamestop in Rosenberg, TX allowed everyone to participate in the B2G1 free on June 28.[/QUOTE]

My store in Lafayette, IN did it as well.

Pulled the trigger on PS3 copies of The Darkness II, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, and Rage: Anarchy Edition.

Picked up:

Asura's Wrath
Magna Carta
Dark Souls

Culdcept Saga(I've been looking for this for forever)
Rage
Filler game, can't remember what it was off the top of my head

And I got the 3D TV with only paying like 3 bucks out of pocket. I was stoked.

And speaking of the outspoken employees, I finally found a dude who was honest about it, and hates asking every person for reserves and made fun of the dude who always begs for them. And I discussed how I missed when it was still EB and not merged and I didn't get berated with questions everytime I went in.

the store by me has decent employees who dont beg

in for

iconxbox360.gif
007 reloaded job well done on this one brings back a few memorys
iconxbox360.gif
halo anniversy
iconxbox360.gif
new vegas ultimate

[quote name='Xellos2099']ok i am in a bind... i got 6 game yesterday and I want to exchange one of them but i can;t find my receipt... any chance they will let me exchange since they should have it on record since i pay with store credit?[/QUOTE]

They should have it, I remember when I had to get a receipt printed last year because my PUR points didn't show up. That said, it'd be best to go during off hours if you can, like right when they open or maybe around 1 p.m. or so. The rest of the weekend will be pretty busy.

[quote name='tuffguycore']Picked up:

Asura's Wrath
Magna Carta
Dark Souls

Culdcept Saga(I've been looking for this for forever)
Rage
Filler game, can't remember what it was off the top of my head

And I got the 3D TV with only paying like 3 bucks out of pocket. I was stoked.

And speaking of the outspoken employees, I finally found a dude who was honest about it, and hates asking every person for reserves and made fun of the dude who always begs for them. And I discussed how I missed when it was still EB and not merged and I didn't get berated with questions everytime I went in.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure almost all of them hate asking for reserves. Just as I'm sure the cashiers at Best Buy can't be too fond of asking if you want to spend $1 or whatever it is to warranty your game. It's a crappy part of their jobs, I never hold it against them. Some of them can get a little pushy if you say no, but even still I bite my tongue because if a good part of my job evaluation (I'm assuming) depends on making a quota of those, I'd try everything I could to get those, as well. Their problem, really, is that they get no training as salespeople...usually if I say no, they'll come back with "Are you sure? Nothing at all? Halo 5 is dropping in 3 years..."

I'm sure they don't want to invest much training in a position that might have a high overturn, but it might be financially worth it to Gamestop to look into this for at least a small percentage in the long run.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm sure almost all of them hate asking for reserves. Just as I'm sure the cashiers at Best Buy can't be too fond of asking if you want to spend $1 or whatever it is to warranty your game. It's a crappy part of their jobs, I never hold it against them. Some of them can get a little pushy if you say no, but even still I bite my tongue because if a good part of my job evaluation (I'm assuming) depends on making a quota of those, I'd try everything I could to get those, as well. Their problem, really, is that they get no training as salespeople...usually if I say no, they'll come back with "Are you sure? Nothing at all? Halo 5 is dropping in 3 years..."

I'm sure they don't want to invest much training in a position that might have a high overturn, but it might be financially worth it to Gamestop to look into this for at least a small percentage in the long run.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, I worked there from 04-07ish, and I was there for the transition. The thing is there used to be a certain amount of criteria to get hired and part of it was an inate ability to sell. Now they hire a somewhat cute girl and hope she's enough to push preorders and give no coaching in how to actually do it without being pushy. I'm sure most of them hate asking too, but I know I genuinely enjoyed working there when it was Electronics Boutique, and asking for preorders was an after thought. But when they transitioned to Gamestop, they gave no training in how to sell preorders and no guidance. Unless you were charasmatic and asked the right customers, you had no chance. That's why there's so much turn around with positions there.

That and the fact they usually do give shit for trade ins, so you get screamed at by a kids mom for only giving .25 for that Madden 09 that she "spent $60 on 4 years ago!" I know that was one of the things that burned me out.

I may be nostalgic or hopeful, but I think that EB wouldn't have gone this direction if they hadn't merged. But, you know, what's done is done and I still spent over $200 in store.

bread's done
Back