Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

Saw some of the recommendations but so far saw nothing that I might be interested in. After some BBY flips today I have 150 in credit I would like to spend reasonably. Any good games that are actually a deal with this sale? Preferably 20 and under since I refuse to spend more than $10 per game ever since I came to this site.

Amazon has spoiled me. Their shipping kills me.

I had 12 games picked out. Three about 9.99, three about 7.99, three about 5.99, and three about 2.99

If I were in the store I'd split up the orders to get the best discount, but online the shipping from making it 4 orders instead of 1 kills it.

Four orders would be $69.89
But one order getting 2.99 and 3.99 games as the free game is $65.06

Just something to bear in mind if you're thinking about multiple orders.

..Not to mention I'm wondering how many of these I'll be returning as soon as I get them because they don't come with the original case. D:

[quote name='Pheria']Amazon has spoiled me. Their shipping kills me.

I had 12 games picked out. Three about 9.99, three about 7.99, three about 5.99, and three about 2.99

If I were in the store I'd split up the orders to get the best discount, but online the shipping from making it 4 orders instead of 1 kills it.

..Not to mention I'm wondering how many of these I'll be returning as soon as I get them because they don't come with the original case. D:[/QUOTE]
You shop at Amazon too much:roll:

..Not to mention I'm wondering how many of these I'll be returning as soon as I get them because they don't come with the original case. D:[/QUOTE]

You should shop at the place that meets your standards for what used games are. I rarely buy GS unless its in store and I can see what I'm getting, their online system has sent me unplayable discs and such which at this point in my life aren't worth the hassle.

Question:
Is there any game that Best Buy lists with a base trade-in value above $16?
Doing all kinds of searches -including new games - I haven't seen anything beyond that. (Highest I have seen is Skyrim at $16.)

And with just $16, I come to a grand trade-in value total of $33.60 for such a game. ($16 x 100% trade-in value, plus $16 x 10% Unlocked membership)

After visiting a number of Gamestops today, came up with

:ps3: Max Payne 3
:ps3: Max Payne 3
mint Xenoblade Chronicles

[quote name='Cocojames333']A. You spend a full day buying then flipping for a $10 profit.
B. You brag about your 40+ unopened games...but can't resist the urge for a deal.
C. You pay $30 then drive 10 miles for a game so you can lock in a $33 trade in value at Amazon.
D. You would rather find a way to make an extra $3 profit than actually playing a game and keeping it.
E. You are in denial but the very reason you stay on this site is for reassurance because 9 out 10 people here are doing just like you.

Lmao!!![/QUOTE]
Boy, is that a generalization. Might as well say that for the FatWallet and SlickDeals community too.

Everyone here is not getting every single deal just because it's a deal. I only go for deals on the running list of games that I want to buy AND play. My unopened games only consists of 3 (none from deals that I got; all were Christmas gifts.) Reason? I didn't have a TV for 6 months.

Ugh.... I want to take advantage of these deals but this site has ruined me! If I can't get new games for sub $20 I don't want them. Oh well... I'm sure I'll find fun stuff to get next time.

Just game back from Gamestop:

Heavy Rain: Director's Cut - $26.99 ($22.49 Pro Member Price)
Mortal Kombat vs DC: $19.99 ($17.00 Pro Member Price)
L.A. Noire: $14.99 ($13.49 Pro Member Price)

So, I got L.A. Noire for free. Would have been $46.98 non-Pro price for all three games and $39.49 pro-member price.

$39.49 was knocked down to $12.44 after trading in 4 games and getting a 30% bonus trade in credit for each game when putting the trade-ins towards two pre-orders, as well at a 10% bump for each game for being a pro-member.

TIV (all PS3)
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit - $10.20 ($6 base)
Fight Night Round 4 - $3.40 ($2 base)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - $5.95 ($3.50 base)
Ninja Gaiden Sigman 2 - $18.70 ($11 base)

I may have gotten less value somewhere, but I'm content for the day, being a young CAGer and all.

Bought GH Warriors of Rock and Two Worlds 2 a little while ago, could not find a third game so I figured I'd come home and just look over the site and find a third one this weekend....I have no idea what to get. I really can't find one in the $7-$12 range.

Any suggestions? Is Alpha Protocol or Kane and Lynch 2 horrible?

I know if you buy in-store, the computer will automatically give you the best deal on which game you get for free. For example, I got 9 games. One was $25 bucks, $20, $15, $10, 2 that were $8.00, and 3 that were $3.00. I got the the $15 dollar one, an $8.00 one, and one of the $3.00 ones for free all in on transaction. I imagine they have the same system online.

Also, after reading this thread I'm going to start saving my big purchases for the associates I actually like. All the employees at my store are really nice and they help me out with deals with the exception of one who is insanely pushy. I think I'll stop buying big things when she is there.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Bought GH Warriors of Rock and Two Worlds 2 a little while ago, could not find a third game so I figured I'd come home and just look over the site and find a third one this weekend....I have no idea what to get. I really can't find one in the $7-$12 range.

Any suggestions? Is Alpha Protocol or Kane and Lynch 2 horrible?[/QUOTE]

No offense but I'm surprised at your choice of Two Worlds 2... :p I tried playing it and it was rough. I played Alpha Protocol when it came out and enjoyed it. Just my 2 cents.

[quote name='cjacks9']Just game back from Gamestop:

So, I got L.A. Noire for free. Would have been $46.98 non-Pro price for all three games and $39.49 pro-member price.

$39.49 was knocked down to $12.44 after trading in 4 games and getting a 30% bonus trade in credit for each game when putting the trade-ins towards two pre-orders, as well at a 10% bump for each game for being a pro-member.

TIV (all PS3)

I may have gotten less value somewhere, but I'm content for the day, being a young CAGer and all.[/QUOTE]

Something's amiss with those TIVs. You received a 60% bonus on all of them, plus 10% for PUR Pro. It looks like you received both trade in promos, 30% bonus towards pre-orders and 30% bonus towards pre-owned.

Just grabbed :360: Two Worlds II, Wheelman and Stormrise (obviously the filler) for $23.36. Was super excited to see the Two Worlds II under $10 (it was $8.99). The PS3 version still had a price tag of $17.99.

[quote name='Dwarfman']No offense but I'm surprised at your choice of Two Worlds 2... :p I tried playing it and it was rough. I played Alpha Protocol when it came out and enjoyed it. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]
Odd cause I had the exact opposite reaction... Alpha Protocol was fine as long as you stealth but in open combat the AI are just stupid. The dialog choices are great but the rest of the game was clunky at best.
Also, 2 worlds II is $9.99 new. I can't justify buying used to save $1. I'd rather support the publisher than GS.

[quote name='winterlane']Something's amiss with those TIVs. You received a 60% bonus on all of them, plus 10% for PUR Pro. It looks like you received both trade in promos, 30% bonus towards pre-orders and 30% bonus towards pre-owned.[/QUOTE]

On my receipt:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2: -$18.70
Bonus: 3.30 Promo #13358
Bonus: 3.30 Promo #13354
Bonus: 1.10 PowerUp Card 10%

The other trade-ins are the same, with different values (same codes though). I pre-ordered two games. It looks like each pre-ordered game has its own promo code for the +30% trade-in value credit. So I got a 70% bump for each game.

$40.48 for the games I bought + $10 for two pre-orders = $50.48 - 38.25 total TIV = $12.24. So I really paid $2.24 for three games. My math may have been off, either originally or now..

Where is the amiss part? Actually, I was surprised I got the 2 X 30% trade-in towards pre-order for each game.

[quote name='cjacks9']Just game back from Gamestop:

TIV (all PS3)

I may have gotten less value somewhere, but I'm content for the day, being a young CAGer and all.[/QUOTE]

Wow! Based on your TIVs, you got 70% in bonuses? Nice stack!

EDIT: posted late. haha!

[quote name='Woocls']Odd cause I had the exact opposite reaction... Alpha Protocol was fine as long as you stealth but in open combat the AI are just stupid. The dialog choices are great but the rest of the game was clunky at best.
Also, 2 worlds II is $9.99 new. I can't justify buying used to save $1. I'd rather support the publisher than GS.[/QUOTE]

At $9.99 your not supporting the publisher, your doing GameStop a favor...

[quote name='cjacks9']

Where is the amiss part? Actually, I was surprised I got the 2 X 30% trade-in towards pre-order for each game.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you received the double bonus because you pre-ordered 2 games. It was because you did a pre-order and purchased used games in the same transaction, hence the two different promo codes. There was nothing incorrect or amiss, per se, about what you posted, but it is very surprising that two GS promos stack, since this almost never happens. Were both games from this list: New Super Mario Bros 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, NCAA Football 13, and The Last Story?

[quote name='winterlane']I don't think you received the double bonus because you pre-ordered 2 games. It was because you did a pre-order and purchased used games in the same transaction, hence the two different promo codes. There was nothing incorrect or amiss, per se, about what you posted, but it is very surprising that two GS promos stack, since this almost never happens.[/QUOTE]

Yay!! :bouncy:

As I recall, we did the trade-ins as normal, then rung up the games I was buying. I got my total ~$40..THEN he started looking through his promo sheet, asking me if I wanted to pre-order any games. I picked two pre-orders, then he started to work the cash register magic, methinks. I had to swipe my credit card twice...once for the trade-ins (which didn't make sense at the time) and again for the payment.

And I got three of those GameStock ticket things also.

Got Gravity Rush, Asura's Wrath and Syndicate. Thinking about switching Syndicate for Tales of the Abyss at a different gamestop.

Problem with these sales is finding 3 games to make it worth it, without having to drive all over the place.

[quote name='matrix9280']Splinter Cell Double Agent
Stranglehold
Dark Sector

8 bucks. God bless Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Very nice. Hours of fun there and for less than the cost of a movie ticket.

Racked up 12 quality complete DS titles for $70. B2G1 came at the right time when I decided to push for used DS before all the cases go in the trash.

[quote name='Dwarfman']No offense but I'm surprised at your choice of Two Worlds 2... :p I tried playing it and it was rough. I played Alpha Protocol when it came out and enjoyed it. Just my 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

I've actually already played Two Worlds 2 through on PS3 and enjoyed it right when it first came out. I got it again on 360 to play it through again and get the achievements. That said, if I can't find a third one it won't kill me to just return these two.

got 1 set of Prey, Prince of Persia and Crackdown. 1 set of Witcher 2, Dark Souls and Zelda Phantom Hourglass (DS). 1 set of Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY, Rage and Phantasy Star (DS). and 1 set of Deus Ex, LA Noire and Dante's Inferno.

I also got Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition for $79.99... thinking it was worth a lot now but I checked ebay and it doesn't seem to be worth any more than $80 so I think I might return it. Was just surprised to see it in stock at all there.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']At $9.99 your not supporting the publisher, your doing GameStop a favor...[/QUOTE]
At $8.99 they're making pure profit. At $9.99 some of that has to go back to the publisher and I'm sure it's more than the $1 more I'm paying.

Maybe I just have a crappy Gamestop (or everyone else beat me there)...but the selection was pretty dire. Hard enough to find a single game, much less three to make this deal worth while.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Bought GH Warriors of Rock and Two Worlds 2 a little while ago, could not find a third game so I figured I'd come home and just look over the site and find a third one this weekend....I have no idea what to get. I really can't find one in the $7-$12 range.

Any suggestions? Is Alpha Protocol or Kane and Lynch 2 horrible?[/QUOTE]
I'd go with Alpha Protocol,i bought it last year for around $5,its not too bad for cheap anyway.Kane and Lynch is all shooter though if you're in the mood for that.

[quote name='Woocls']At $8.99 they're making pure profit. At $9.99 some of that has to go back to the publisher and I'm sure it's more than the $1 more I'm paying.[/QUOTE]

The publisher was paid the day GameStop ordered the game. All profit goes to GameStop now. Obviously more being if it's used because they essentially paid less for the used game. Seeing that alpha protocol is probably out of print now it doesn't matter if you buy new or used. The publisher is not seeing profits from that game right now.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I'd go with Alpha Protocol,i bought it last year for around $5,its not too bad for cheap anyway.Kane and Lynch is all shooter though if you're in the mood for that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks...still on the fence, might watch some youtube.

Any other games come to mind?

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Thanks...still on the fence, might watch some youtube.

Any other games come to mind?[/QUOTE]
I'm not too sure at that price range,havent shopped much at Gamestop lately.Maybe War Hammer:Space Marine,Vanquish or Enslaved.

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I'm not too sure at that price range,havent shopped much at Gamestop lately.Maybe War Hammer:Space Marine,Vanquish or Enslaved.[/QUOTE]

Have you played Mirror's Edge?

[quote name='Woocls']At $8.99 they're making pure profit. At $9.99 some of that has to go back to the publisher and I'm sure it's more than the $1 more I'm paying.[/QUOTE]

GameStop already paid the publisher when they initially bought it, now its just dead stock and your relieving them of it at a loss, if you truly want to support publishers you have to buy the game while its still in circulation. That's like saying 2K is still making $ off Duke Nukem because its $4.99, No, the retailer is simply trying to get rid of that crap.

I payed 60$ for Spec Ops the line. Then I decided to drop 50$ on Lego Batman 2. Then I bought MW3, and Black Ops and got MW2 free.

How did I do?

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I payed 60$ for Spec Ops the line. Then I decided to drop 50$ on Lego Batman 2. Then I bought MW3, and Black Ops and got MW2 free.

How did I do?[/QUOTE]

So you got 3 copies of the same game? Do you plan on flipping them or something?

[quote name='PurpleJesus74']I'm not too sure at that price range,havent shopped much at Gamestop lately.Maybe War Hammer:Space Marine,Vanquish or Enslaved.[/QUOTE]
Vanquish and enslaved were both awesome games. War Hammer was fun in spurts but I made the mistake of playing through a big section of it at once and got bored VERY quickly. I can't even make myself finish it now. I would have loved just a little variety in enemies....

[quote name='KratosGOW2525']I payed 60$ for Spec Ops the line. Then I decided to drop 50$ on Lego Batman 2. Then I bought MW3, and Black Ops and got MW2 free.

How did I do?[/QUOTE]

Paying retail for two games and then buying three Call of Duty games? So good.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Have you played Mirror's Edge?[/QUOTE]
I only played the demo,i didnt really like it,not my kinda game.

Picked up both lego harry potter games for ps3 (years 1-4 and 5-7) and the saboteur for around 25 bucks today so far Im really enjoying the 1st lego harry potter

Gotta love Gamestop. Tried to by NHL 2k10, Burnout and Homeland, and of course, while they had the case for NHL 2k10, no game. The place was so disorganized I just left rather than pick something else out. We're talking shelves where you'd have games beginning with C next to games beginning with U. Shelves that started at the beginning of the alphabet would be above shelves that had games in the S and T's.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']I want to grab some Nintendo DS games for my 3ds with this deal. Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

what kind of games do you like?

Managed to fill in my Wii collection for less than $60:

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - $18
Trauma Center New Blood - $13
Klonoa - Free

Wario Land: Shake It - $13
Big Brain Academy Wii Degree - $13
Metroid Other M - Free

As a bonus, all four Nintendo-published games also included their Club Nintendo codes, so I got another 200 points before they reset the values on July 1st!

[quote name='TheWildMoose']what kind of games do you like?[/QUOTE]

I enjoy RPG games like skyrim and fallout. I know I'm not going to get those kind of graphics... I remember loving dragon warrior for Nintendo so something like that.

I like racing games, action, side scrolling. I really want moon on ds so I need some more recommendations.

I'm open to everything. Thanks guys.

bread's done
Back