Gamestop B2G1 Free Sale - Starts 6/28 PUR Members

poker360

Banned
790X161_B2G1F.jpg

Terms and Conditions: Free pre-owned item must be of equal or lesser value. Not valid with any other offer. Hardware not eligible as free item. See associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Valid 6/28/12-7/1/12 for PowerUp Rewards Members. 6/29/12-7/1/12 for all customers.

[quote name='captaincold']Picked up these:

Pure $5 *Great ATV racing game*
Dead Rising $5
Lost Planet Colonies Edition $0

Batman Arkham Asylum Game of the Year Edition $13
Bayonetta $13
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion $0[/QUOTE]

Last time I was there(before today), the manager was joking around(it was slow obviously) and he found everything I wanted in great shape, and said, "How can this get any better?" I, of course, said, "Well an extra free game..." half joking, and he laughs and threw in a copy of Pure. I mean, no case or anything, but free is free right? Not even on the receipt! It's scratched all to hell, but it played fine on my Xbox when I tried it.

I did get Shadows of the Damned today, and unfortunately, it too was disc only. I'm going to try and finish it in the 7 days to get something else.

I returned Dark Souls and Asura's Wrath(Asuras Wrath I finished, just couldn't get the last S class level, so I'll rebuy it for real cheap eventually, and I just don't get how people have the patience for Dark Souls). And he left off my free game that I returned, so I actually feel like a putz telling the other guy he needs to bring them all back since I actually got an extra set of free games today:

Mortal Kombat
Shadows of the Damned
Silent Hill Homecoming

They also had the Deus Ex marked down to 9.99 on their copy, and even though it was the last one, I couldn't resist grabbing it for that.

Obviously YMMV, but I thought this all worked out well for me. Now to hook up the 3D tv and see if I get the flicker/blank screen...

Picked up The Legend of Zelda: OoT, Mario Kart 7, and Mario Tennis Open all for 3DS today. Managed to get two of the games in their original cases which I consider a win given the lack of 3DS/DS cases I've been seeing at my stores lately.

They didn't have Nier when I went. Next time I guess.

Got instead:
Bayonetta $13
Mirror's Edge $11
Batman: Arkham Asylum $0

Found all in their boxes, which pleased me. And my sisters found an Oblivion map while browsing through boxes (which I didn't have).

Overall, a good day.

-adds to backlog- :cool:

so you just took the map from the store's box? lol

but yeah i got lollipop chainsaw, dragon's dogma and binary domain.
i know lollipop is gonna be 40 new next week, 20 soon enough, and sega games drop quick, but im sitting on too much gamestop credit as it is and needed to burn some off.
peace all and thanx cags

[quote name='shadowkast']Picked up 6 really old games for ps3 for $15.... won't even admit what I got[/QUOTE]

Lair Tom clancys endwar, stranglehold, nba 2k

How does one go about switching games at a different store again? I bought

:360: Fallout 3 GOTY 17.99
:360: Naughty Bear Gold Edition 17.99
:360: Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom 14.99 (FREE)

I'd like to change Naughty Bear for Lord of the Rings or Oblivion GOTY instead. Must I take all 3 and do a return/rebuy or would they let me switch it out? Both games are 17.99, just a matter of finding a store that has them. Thanks guys.

[quote name='shadowkast']Picked up 6 really old games for ps3 for $15.... won't even admit what I got[/QUOTE]

You got conan didnt you....

I miss being able to get 26% off + free shipping with b2g1. I'm sitting on $70 in credit and just trying to justify buying stuff.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, you can get a used gamecube ($30) and ps2 ($40) and get a $55 game for free.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']I miss being able to get 26% off + free shipping with b2g1. I'm sitting on $70 in credit and just trying to justify buying stuff.

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, you can get a used gamecube ($30) and ps2 ($40) and get a $55 game for free.[/QUOTE]

You mean $55 in credit for games? Or get a used game that cost that much? Because there isn't a game used that should cost that much..

Ended up finding a used Atelier Rorona for $20. Turned out to be in pristine condition, so I'm pumped about that. Paired it with a Max Payne 3 and Catherine for my other two games. I originally grabbed a FO:NV Ultimate for PS3, but ended up switching for Catherine at the register. Figured since I already played FO:NV on 360, so really it would just be trophy hunting on the PS3/DLC playing. Not worth it, especially with the bugginess.

Some posts just make me shake my head.

Picked up Black Ops on both consoles and Skyrim (with PUR Coupon)
Twice...although wow gamestop really needs to stop accepting shitty scratched up games.

I'd be pissed if I was going to keep any of them.

uh...you buy the two systems for a total of $50 and whatever else you add will be free. It can be something like Dragon's Dogma or an $80 250gb hdd. If you think it's worth it or not is another matter.

Got:

:360: Rock Band 3
:ps3: God of War III
:ps3: The darkness 2

I never played any God of Wars and finally worked myself up to get excited to play them all but the store didn't have the GOW collection in stock they were supposed to so I got Darkness instead. Might play it and try going back in a week see if I can trade it in if they find a copy.

I got batman ac, asura's wrath and mgs collection for ps3. I saw someone mention they got the mgs collection for vita. Makes me wish I owned a vita, I bet that would be pretty nice to play on the go.

So I ended up going twice. Friday ad Today.

Friday I got:
Deus Ex - PS3
Blood Drive - PS3 (Game is fun, had to get it as I love zombies)
Chronicles or Riddick

Today I got:
Bioshock - PS3
Bioshock 2 - PS3
Wet - PS3

Having issues with installing Bioshock 2 though. Bioshock didnt work at first so I had to delete the title update and then reboot the game and then cancel the update, install, then do the title update. Bioshock 2 though keeps freezing during the install at the same spot. Disc is in MINT condition as well, Bioshock 1 was Mint condition as well.

I went and picked up

Crackdown
PGR3
PGR4

good condition, especially crackdown. Tempted to get more online tonight...

Went to this fantastic Gamestop today. There was still assholes buying games but the selection was the best I ever seen (or at least in the past year). Grabbed these for $38...

:ps3:- Atelier Rorona (In good condition, not pristine but close enough).
:ps3:- Katamari Forever
:ps3:- Record of Agarest War Zero (free)

Both Atelier Rorona and Katamari were $18 each and Record of Agarest War Zero was $16.19. Free JRPG, yes please :D.

I just picked up stuff to trade in to Best Buy. I did find a Clock Tower case and manual, and really wanted the game, because it was much cheaper than eBay, but they didn't have the game. The case was just sitting there and the game wasn't in the store, nor in any Gmaestop in the area. They just gave me the case. I didn't mind that they didn't have that game. I got some great deals recently, like Final Fantasy V for $3.75 and Monster Kingdom Jewel Summoner for $6.

Think I might be returning my last batch of 3 I got yesterday...

Two Worlds 2 - Camera movement made me nauseous.
Saboteur - Boring, couldn't get into it
Far Cry 2 - I got this on PS3 a while back and never finished it, got it here on 360 to pick up some achievements but since it was the free one it probably has to go back, too.

My gamestop did not have crap in the way of vita games. Only had marvel vs cap, and NONE of the other games I would purchase... called 4 diff gamestops, same answer everywhere. Oh.. but they had wipeout, ridge racer, and mod nation everywhere... lololol... I wanted gravity rush, MLB, resistance, or MvC. Gamestop never has ANYTHING in the way of vita games.

Stupid for them, because I would of traded in two titles (Disgaea 3, and uncharted).

Stopped by a fairly unfrequented gamestop and found:

:ps3: Dark Souls
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption
:ps3: Mafia II

All for around $40 and some change. Cases and manuals were complete along with codes havent checked yet to see if they where used. Dark Souls disc had this white and yellow strip on the front part of the disc so exchanged it for another no probs. Overall pleased with my experience for once at a gamestop.

Ack, I totally missed this. And I had been waiting for a Gamestop Sale too. What are the chances Gamestop does another B2G1 sale this summer?

[quote name='exceed19']My gamestop did not have crap in the way of vita games. Only had marvel vs cap, and NONE of the other games I would purchase... called 4 diff gamestops, same answer everywhere. Oh.. but they had wipeout, ridge racer, and mod nation everywhere... lololol... I wanted gravity rush, MLB, resistance, or MvC. Gamestop never has ANYTHING in the way of vita games.

Stupid for them, because I would of traded in two titles (Disgaea 3, and uncharted).[/QUOTE]

Yeaaah, used Vita games are pretty hard to find so far. In this case, using the online stock checker could have saved you some time. Not sure if you have seen it yet but they Gamestop is having Gamestock sales this week on Vita games.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Ack, I totally missed this. And I had been waiting for a Gamestop Sale too. What are the chances Gamestop does another B2G1 sale this summer?[/QUOTE]

Not sure but I think Best Buy is having this same sale right now - at least that's what it said on Dealnews.com

[quote name='Mugatu']Not sure but I think Best Buy is having this same sale right now - at least that's what it said on Dealnews.com[/QUOTE]

yes, but GS b2g1 are far better than Best buy's.

[quote name='poopdogjr']Ack, I totally missed this. And I had been waiting for a Gamestop Sale too. What are the chances Gamestop does another B2G1 sale this summer?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='yruluis']sign up for pro. they give you a b2g1 free coupon[/QUOTE]

hey I renewed my PUR in April, and I havent gotten my coupon yet. Was I supposed to get it in-store or is it coming in the mail?

[quote name='i MarK i']hey I renewed my PUR in April, and I havent gotten my coupon yet. Was I supposed to get it in-store or is it coming in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Its under active deals on the pur site. You have to log in.

[quote name='i MarK i']hey I renewed my PUR in April, and I havent gotten my coupon yet. Was I supposed to get it in-store or is it coming in the mail?[/QUOTE]

Its in your rewards on the poweruprewards.com site. Just go to current offers I believe and print it out.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Its in your rewards on the poweruprewards.com site. Just go to current offers I believe and print it out.[/QUOTE]

Wont be there anymore at this point if he renewed in April though. Only there for a month.

[quote name='exceed19']My gamestop did not have crap in the way of vita games. Only had marvel vs cap, and NONE of the other games I would purchase... called 4 diff gamestops, same answer everywhere. Oh.. but they had wipeout, ridge racer, and mod nation everywhere... lololol... I wanted gravity rush, MLB, resistance, or MvC. Gamestop never has ANYTHING in the way of vita games.

Stupid for them, because I would of traded in two titles (Disgaea 3, and uncharted).[/QUOTE]
So many people buy digital, it's no surprise there's less used Vita games.

[quote name='mr mellow']Stopped by a fairly unfrequented gamestop and found:

:ps3: Dark Souls
:ps3: Red Dead Redemption
:ps3: Mafia II

All for around $40 and some change. Cases and manuals were complete along with codes havent checked yet to see if they where used. Dark Souls disc had this white and yellow strip on the front part of the disc so exchanged it for another no probs. Overall pleased with my experience for once at a gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Great games

It's still a new system. My gamestop's 3DS selection is lacking too. Can't really say it's their fault though.

[quote name='yruluis']sign up for pro. they give you a b2g1 free coupon[/QUOTE]

I'd never sign up for Gamestop pro. Best Buy gives you a B2G1 on new games. Gamestop? They'll give you a B2G1 on used games. GTFO Gamestop.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']I'd never sign up for Gamestop pro. Best Buy gives you a B2G1 on new games. Gamestop? They'll give you a B2G1 on used games. GTFO Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Then why are you in this thread?

I forget, how easy/hard is it to exchange games after the sale? I bought a couple of clunkers (The Bigs 2, Backbreaker Football), and want to swap them out.

[quote name='jza1218']I forget, how easy/hard is it to exchange games after the sale? I bought a couple of clunkers (The Bigs 2, Backbreaker Football), and want to swap them out.[/QUOTE]

the bigs 2 is great. Only baseball game worth owning on the 360 imo.

[quote name='JayTL']It's still a new system. My gamestop's 3DS selection is lacking too. Can't really say it's their fault though.[/QUOTE]

The store I shop at is the 2nd highest volume store in St. Louis and only have 4 or 5 used Vita games total in the store. If nobody trades in, there aren't used games. Also if that store doesn't sell many Vita games, then GS corporate doesn't direct other stores extra inventory to them either.

[quote name='GamingGator']Wont be there anymore at this point if he renewed in April though. Only there for a month.[/QUOTE]

No the coupon is good for 3 months and is available to print on the site or show the code on the mobile app anytime in that time frame.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']the bigs 2 is great. Only baseball game worth owning on the 360 imo.[/QUOTE]

Really? I played it for about 2 hours last night and couldn't stand it.

Check out the trading forums here. You can find someone that would probably trade straight across for Disgaea 3.

[quote name='jza1218']Really? I played it for about 2 hours last night and couldn't stand it.[/QUOTE]

It's great if you have a friend. My bro and I play it all the time, and it's way more fun than MLB. Duel Mode and Big Blast is awesome :D

bread's done
Back