GameStop B2G1 Free Used Wii Games

man my gamestops always suck. im gonna check 2 of mine tomorrow but i am not expecting much. the employees around here know what games are expensive to sell online and always hold/buy them either for themselves or to flip them online. So I will be lucky to get anything good. We shall see. Id like to get a radiant dawn since i dont own it yet. already have metroid prime trilogy cuz i got it at launch (sdly upon opening my instruction booklet there was a SLIGHT tear incident, made me very upset but at least everything is there and intact)

I cant believe how disgusting Gamestop is.. selling games at their ebay prices. $65 for a used copy of Radiant Dawn?? The game wasn't $70 when it came out, it was $50. For them to sell a used game for more than the price of a new game is horrific. I mean I was mad when they sold resident evil Gamecube games at $30 each let alone this. So I guess even if my gamestop has one, I wont bother. Retail game stores should base their prices on how they sell games. If the game was $50 new, it shouldnt be anymore than $45 used, ever. I might not even bother if this is how they do things now.

I mean come on! Xenoblade Chronicles used is $90?? I paid $50.. at launch, for a brand new copy. (maybe even $40 i forget). Budokai Tenkaichi 3 is $55?? I paid $50 new at launch, Is this the way Gamestop does things now? How long has this been going on? My gamestop never has these games so I never noticed it but man this is pretty terrible. They shouldnt be in the business of hoarding rare games and I feel bad for people paying that price. All the other higher priced games are fine cuz the used prices are $45 or below but anything USED over $45 that wasnt a special edition for a lot more money is just terrible.

Disregard this rant if the prices online are not the same as in the store. I'll see tomorrow whats up.

i know man. i guess its rare though cuz thats the asking price on ebay and more on amazon. I bought it on Wii years ago only cuz the wii was new and i wanted games on it so i opted for wii over PS2 version, lol Glad I did.

OK so i grabbed some good stuff today. for Wii I bought (all prices after after PUR discount)

- Monster Hunter 3 (17.99; Damn just looked and a new copy is $17 on amazon, oh well its in perfect condition anyway)
- Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles (17.99; box was prices at 22.49 so that rocked)

- Silent Hill Shattered memories. ($17.99 but free; This was cool because on amazon and ebay silent hill goes for $30+)

I also got:

- Secret Files: Tunguska (8.99; normally twice that online)

- Obscure: The Aftermath ($4.49)

- Worms: Space oddity ($2.69; but free)

I then got 3 PS2 games at B2G1:

- Tetris Worlds ($8.99)

- Escape from monkey Island ($4.49)
- Pryzm: Chapter 1: The Dark Unicorn (not sure on price, it was the free one but box had no price on it)

Oh and B1g1 on select pre-owned games:

- Uncharted 3 ($13.49)

- Borderlands ($11.69 but free)

So about $80 spent and 11 games received. They had no Radiant Dawn or anything like that. I almost bought Fortune street but its $13 new on amazon now and they wanted $22.49 used. I collect games so most of this is just padding for my collection of 2600+ video games.

Today I bought Conduit, Excite Truck and Wii Music.

Wii Music sucks but there was nothing else, plus the case it came in looked brand new and so did the disc so I said screw it, for free I could probably get something down the road.

I also bought Metroid Prime 3 for 8 bucks and Red Steel 2 for 6 bucks at 2 seperate gamestops so I didnt get the deal but no biggies. 

Today I bought Conduit, Excite Truck and Wii Music.

Wii Music sucks but there was nothing else, plus the case it came in looked brand new and so did the disc so I said screw it, for free I could probably get something down the road.

I also bought Metroid Prime 3 for 8 bucks and Red Steel 2 for 6 bucks at 2 seperate gamestops so I didnt get the deal but no biggies.
You could just return/rebuy the Metroid and Red Steel at another GS and get a free game that way. (aka trigger the B2G1)

You could just return/rebuy the Metroid and Red Steel at another GS and get a free game that way. (aka trigger the B2G1)
I can return a used game at ANY gamestop? hmm, if thats true then I could go get Sammuari Warriors 3 for free.

I honestly don't plan on playing any of these games but its just fascinating how much gamecube games are now selling for on Ebay and Amazon, now that they can't be found at any local store. If I can get 6 wii games for $20 I might as well do it, games are games. Even the worst of worst games have more value than $3.33.

You can get games like Wii Play, Wii Music, Excite Truck, all 1st party titles which will hold value just because of the name.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this deal still live? Xenoblade is available at some of my local stores and I'm trying to see if I can find 2 games to go with it for flip potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't either. It looks as if the system now just identifies your highest discount and eliminates the rest (IE B2G1 doesn't stack with Cag16 OR the PUR card.)

bread's done
Back