Gamestop B2G1 starts 1/20-1/22, PUR members start 1/19

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
There's one this weekend based on information from a manager I know. Anyone have good flips to transfer GS credit to Bestbuy?

Just wanted to clarify that these should be pre-owned games only. I can't verify but I wasn't given any info except of a B2G1.

UPDATE: PowerUp Rewards members should get an email stating early access to the B2G1 on 1/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
o.o Oh man, awesome. I was already planning on passing by to by a game or two so this is perfect. Thanks OP! Hopefully it's true.

If I previously bought a used game, like 2 weeks ago, can I return it and buy it back along with 2 other used games for this deal?

[quote name='eLefAdEr']These are usually in-store only, aren't they?[/QUOTE]

In-store and online.

Well. I should have used my free coupon this week. All those good price drops are going to go back to their regular price and then some for B2G1 Free like usual.

[quote name='redmangoose']If I previously bought a used game, like 2 weeks ago, can I return it and buy it back along with 2 other used games for this deal?[/QUOTE]

No. You only have 7 days to return.

[quote name='redmangoose']If I previously bought a used game, like 2 weeks ago, can I return it and buy it back along with 2 other used games for this deal?[/QUOTE]

Isn't GS's return policy for used games 7 days? I can't remember.

Okay, I have some credit and a $10 PUR coupon to use (hopefully, it'll stack). Deus Ex and some other games, I guess.

How are the quality of their used games? I know that quite often they don't have the artwork, but if they have the art do they usually have the manuals? Are their discs usually scratched at all? They would be hard pressed to compete with Best Buy's quality. I have yet to buy a used game from them that has a single scratch.

[quote name='Dranakin']Isn't GS's return policy for used games 7 days? I can't remember.

Okay, I have some credit and a $10 PUR coupon to use (hopefully, it'll stack). Deus Ex and some other games, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Sadly the coupons don't stack with promos. Of course it would be gamestop that would make dollar off coupons less exciting to use

[quote name='Dranakin']Isn't GS's return policy for used games 7 days? I can't remember.

Okay, I have some credit and a $10 PUR coupon to use (hopefully, it'll stack). Deus Ex and some other games, I guess.[/QUOTE]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure it won't stack.

Seriously. I just put 4 into my backlog from BB, and another from GoHastings. This has got to stop.

I take it these are pre-owned. OP never said.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Sadly the coupons don't stack with promos. Of course it would be gamestop that would make dollar off coupons less exciting to use[/QUOTE]

That's lame. Is it that the computers reject any stacking, or is it YMMV on getting the employee to apply it with the promo?

[quote name='nadohawk']

Well. I should have used my free coupon this week. All those good price drops are going to go back to their regular price and then some for B2G1 Free like usual.

[/QUOTE]

if you're talking about the shooters sale (cod, gears, etc) it wouldn't have mattered, I tried using my PUR b2g1 and it makes all of them go back up to their full prices (black ops 26.99, etc). i drove out to get some of those with the coupon specifically and was beyond disappointed to find that out and that they wouldn't adjust the prices for me :\

[quote name='Dranakin']That's lame. Is it that the computers reject any stacking, or is it YMMV on getting the employee to apply it with the promo?[/QUOTE]

The computers reject the coupon. I remember a few months back when I tried to use that 5$ off any used resistance game during that used resistance 2 sale and it didn't stack, I was so pissed off !

that being said I did end up grabbing black ops along with some other games around it's price, does anyone know if it's 7 days to swap one out for a same priced game, or just 7 days for returns? or both? and does anyone know if you want to swap one game out of the 3 for a game that's a couple dollars more, can I do that and just pay the few extra bucks?

[quote name='theEchness']Seriously. I just put 4 into my backlog from BB, and another from GoHastings. This has got to stop.

I take it these are pre-owned. OP never said.[/QUOTE]

Gamestops b2g1 is always for pre-owned

It is true, was in the gamestop earlier and the guy cashier told me that since I just renewed my Power Up Rewards (PUR) membership, the sale starts tomorrow instead of having to wait. Buy 2, get 1 free. Guess i'll save the coupon i'm suppose to get for another time.

[quote name='wigglesizking']I got $82 store credit on my Power up card can I use that online or I have to go instore for that?[/QUOTE]
It can be used online also.

[quote name='IamPro']No tax if u use store credit, right?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='strait edge follower']That's correct :)[/QUOTE]

This varies by state. Check the first page of the Gamestop trade-in value thread for a detailed list of which states do and do not require the collection of sales tax for purchases made with store credit.

To bad all their games are so overpriced lately. 34.99 for Need for speed the Run? Serious? A used copy? One that will Require a 10 dollar online pass to get any fun out of . Your better off buying a new one for 40 dollars. Can be really be that dumb and buy the used copy?

[quote name='IamPro']Halo CE worth getting if u have Reach?[/QUOTE]

If you care about the single player then absolutely, they did an amazing job with the graphical overhaul.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']To bad all their games are so overpriced lately. 34.99 for Need for speed the Run? Serious? A used copy? One that will Require a 10 dollar online pass to get any fun out of . Your better off buying a new one for 40 dollars. Can be really be that dumb and buy the used copy?[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending their pricing structure or Gamestop as a whole at all, and Im personally not interested in that game, but I'm one of the people who doesn't play any games online and has a PUR card.

So getting NFS after the $10 discount for $31 or so (no tax paying with credit) as opposed to $40 new somewhere else might be enough of a difference to convince me to grab it, since I woudn't be paying for an online pass.

Plus, obviously, the price comes down if it's part of a B2G1

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I'm not defending their pricing structure or Gamestop as a whole at all, and Im personally not interested in that game, but I'm one of the people who doesn't play any games online and has a PUR card.

So getting NFS after the $10 discount for $31 or so (no tax paying with credit) as opposed to $40 new somewhere else might be enough of a difference to convince me to grab it, since I woudn't be paying for an online pass.

Plus, obviously, the price comes down if it's part of a B2G1[/QUOTE]

If you read enough reviews, all the fun from the game comes threw one shallow single player playthrew (3-5 hours) and the real fun comes online. Money can be spent better elsewhere.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']To bad all their games are so overpriced lately. 34.99 for Need for speed the Run? Serious? A used copy? One that will Require a 10 dollar online pass to get any fun out of . Your better off buying a new one for 40 dollars. Can be really be that dumb and buy the used copy?[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not a lot of people don't care about online passes, I for one have a few EA games that I bought used and could care less about that aspect. Waiting on a cheap homefront under that same notion.

[quote name='strait edge follower']That's correct :)[/QUOTE]

Every state or only a few? I still pay taxes in CA even when i'm paying with store credit. =(

yeah seriously, not sure if I'll bite on this sale given the jacked up prices. maximizing your savings (by buying 3 equal value games), you're only saving 33% per title anyhow. several of these games you can get for the same or less without this sale.

[quote name='theEchness']Seriously. I just put 4 into my backlog from BB, and another from GoHastings. This has got to stop.

I take it these are pre-owned. OP never said.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I know what you mean. I cut down my spending a lot with the start of the new year. I have so many games in my backlog right now that I probably won't finish them for a while. I just started playing Forza 4, and that game is addictive. I only buy games through my reward site, or pick up free games along the way.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']If you read enough reviews, all the fun from the game comes threw one shallow single player playthrew (3-5 hours) and the real fun comes online. Money can be spent better elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Reviews are personal opinion, not fact. If someone doesn't care for online then just because reviews state it's more fun online doesn't make his preference invalid.

PS: It's through and playthrough. Threw is past-tense of throw, as in "he threw the ball"

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Believe it or not a lot of people don't care about online passes, I for one have a few EA games that I bought used and could care less about that aspect. Waiting on a cheap homefront under that same notion.[/QUOTE]

couldn't care less

Sorry for being the grammar patrol, but that one really bugs the crap out of me.

I typically also don't care much, or any, about the online experience. That will change, I'm sure, but it hasn't yet.

Just picked up a PS3 in the last month and this seems like a good time to start with the collection filling. Anyone with some quality games they have an eye on for the system that either are already bottomed out in price (

[quote name='pwnthee']couldn't care less

Sorry for being the grammar patrol, but that one really bugs the crap out of me.

I typically also don't care much, or any, about the online experience. That will change, I'm sure, but it hasn't yet.[/QUOTE]
Phone "auto corrects" everything, I tend to miss a few. Stupid smart phone...

I was actually going to go tomorrow and use my PUR B2G1 coupon I just got for renewing...I guess I can save that for a rainy day. I was going to pick up some cheapy games I wanted to play but never did. I'm sure those oldies but goodies will remain cheap during the sale.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Phone auto corrects everything...[/QUOTE]

DAMN YOU AUTO CORRECT!!! .com :D

Yeah, if anyone has a decent flip to amazon or Best Buy credit, I would greatly appreciate the new communications technology called the PM and will return in kind.

Also, I may have to pick up Dead Island again for the new DLC. I don't have anything else though as I currently have a 34 game backlog (biggest ever:applause:). Maybe Forza?. If only Soul Caliber V was out and less than $60.

[quote name='sterlingice']Just picked up a PS3 in the last month and this seems like a good time to start with the collection filling. Anyone with some quality games they have an eye on for the system that either are already bottomed out in price (

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']that being said I did end up grabbing black ops along with some other games around it's price, does anyone know if it's 7 days to swap one out for a same priced game, or just 7 days for returns? or both? and does anyone know if you want to swap one game out of the 3 for a game that's a couple dollars more, can I do that and just pay the few extra bucks?[/QUOTE]
It's 7 days for returns or if you wanted to swap one out for the same price, 30 days to exchange for the identical item, and you can swap one out and pay the few dollars difference.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']Believe it or not a lot of people don't care about online passes, I for one have a few EA games that I bought used and could care less about that aspect. Waiting on a cheap homefront under that same notion.[/QUOTE]

I've always wanted to ask do you still get stuff like patches and stuff without the pass?

Yeah you still get updates. The pass just allows you to play online or access certain in game features, but has nothing to do with patches.

Ya if we're only pm-ing flips now, please put me on that list.

And I'll probably be in for a triple batch of awful wrestling games.

TNA Impact
WWE Legends of WrestleMania
AAA: Heroes del la Ring

[quote name='KtMack23']Ya if we're only pm-ing flips now, please put me on that list.

And I'll probably be in for a triple batch of awful wrestling games.

TNA Impact
WWE Legends of WrestleMania
AAA: Heroes del la Ring[/QUOTE]

Legends wasn't that bad especially if you grew up in the Rock and Wrestling era.

They should pay you to play TNA.

bread's done
Back