Gamestop B2G1 starts 1/20-1/22, PUR members start 1/19

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
There's one this weekend based on information from a manager I know. Anyone have good flips to transfer GS credit to Bestbuy?

Just wanted to clarify that these should be pre-owned games only. I can't verify but I wasn't given any info except of a B2G1.

UPDATE: PowerUp Rewards members should get an email stating early access to the B2G1 on 1/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IamPro']Saint Row 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

for $94.21 after Pro card or is my math off?[/QUOTE]

Total should be $98.98

The Metal Gear and Ico/SOC collections at 31.49 are a good deal if you can find them and a third $32 game. Infamous 2 is that much , and I think Dead Island is too?

[quote name='IamPro']Saint Row 3
Uncharted 3
Skyrim

for $94.21 after Pro card or is my math off?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's $98.98 because U3 and Skyrim are $54.99 each (you'll get an online pass for U3 on the receipt) and SR3 will be the free one b/c it's $47.99 (you WILL NOT get an online pass automatically for it so pick a case w/one in it if possible.)

[quote name='Waterhouse']The Metal Gear and Ico/SOC collections at 31.49 are a good deal if you can find them and a third $32 game. Infamous 2 is that much , and I think Dead Island is too?[/QUOTE]

Dark Souls was this price yesterday, as well.

I HATE GAMESTOP.
I go in, looking for tactics ogre for psp, they have it, "new" but its in a freaking generic gamestop case without a Manuel. Perfect. I browse the ps2 games, and low and behold they have .hack part 2! Score! I grab this and infinite undiscovered for 360 to see if I can negotiate the game that's "new" into being used since I've been able to before when they don't have the case. Nope.
No b2g1 for me. Well ill just take .hack part 2 and tactics ogre then. Nope. Gamestop employ "can't find" .hack part 2. fucking perfect. I should've just left right them, but I used a coupon and got my "new" tactics ogre for $5.xx
I HATE GAMESTOP.

EDIT: Just looked, my "new" tactics ogre isn't even in a real UMD case, its in some all white replacent one! I hate gamestop.

I hate to bring this up again, but does anyone have any flips to transfer gs credit to bestbuy? I need to buy a new fridge and this would help. I know of black ops and halo reach but need more b/c of the 3 game limit.

[quote name='IamPro']Ok cool

I want Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 for PS3 ($24) and maybe Dark Souls ($34) but can't find a filler/3rd game, can someone recommend something around $30 thats good[/QUOTE]

Yeah, anything except NGS2, horrible freaking game. Buy NGS1 if you only have a ps3, or better yet just buy NGS1 and NG2 for 360 if you have the option, along with Dark Souls. Seriously, don't buy NGS2. It's really, really, really bad. MN difficulty is awesome in all the others, but NGS2 is a chore in boredom.

Wow, so the website says that your PUR points expire one year after there is no activity on your account. Well I just got an email saying that my points expire on Jan 26th. I bought tons of things over the summer and holiday season at GS with my PUR card, so why are my points already expiring? If anything the earliest my points would expire would be in the summer probably.

[quote name='Tsel']So I'm thinking Deus Ex ($26.99), one other game, and possibly Rage ($26.99). Is Rage really that bad?[/QUOTE]

How can someone consider Rage to be bad? I certainly enjoyed it way more Crysis 2. The tech is fantastic.

Can someone who thinks Rage is bad elaborate? Maybe I have not played enough FPS's recently.

To be on topic. Bought Rage for 18 thru Amazon last month and Ive seen it for around 15 recently on AWD.

I don't know, I thought Rage was fantastic. Not only is it absolutely gorgeous, but it's also fun. I know the PS3 version had some issues with texture pop in, but other than that, I can't really think of anything.

I picked up some oldie shooters on my way home with some gift card credit I had. I grabbed Call of Duty 3, Frontlines: Fuel of War, and Battlefield: Bad Company. Came to under $15 with B2G1 and PUR. Good stuff.

Was tempted to pick up MGS Collection, but the case was absolutely disgusting. Left with nothing. Wanted to get Crysis 2 for $13, but it wouldn't work with the B2G1.

[quote name='Tsel']Was tempted to pick up MGS Collection, but the case was absolutely disgusting. Left with nothing. Wanted to get Crysis 2 for $13, but it wouldn't work with the B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Are you saying the shooter sales dont stack with the B2G1 in store?

Meh, I got :ps3:Vanquish, Demon's Souls, and Green Lantern to get rid of the $34 credit I had.

[quote name='Donut2922']Are you saying the shooter sales dont stack with the B2G1 in store?[/QUOTE]

That's what happened when the employee tried. I asked him and he rang up three copies of Crysis 2 and scanned my PUR card and the total didn't reflect a B2G1.

Man I hate when these sales pop up when I'm broke oh well,I still have games from XMAS I need to play since the only thing I did was open them and update them.

[quote name='Tsel']Was tempted to pick up MGS Collection, but the case was absolutely disgusting. Left with nothing. Wanted to get Crysis 2 for $13, but it wouldn't work with the B2G1.[/QUOTE]
I just swap the case and walk up to the counter and enjoy their clueless gaze. Sadly this doesn't speak for disc quality, that on the other hand is a flip of a coin....

[quote name='Donut2922']Are you saying the shooter sales dont stack with the B2G1 in store?[/QUOTE]

i tried it tonight, tried to do return and rebuy with some shooters game and plus one game for B2G1 free, it does not work, or at least it does not work for me.

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']I just swap the case and walk up to the counter and enjoy their clueless gaze. Sadly this doesn't speak for disc quality, that on the other hand is a flip of a coin....[/QUOTE]

Sadly the artwork was ruined as well. Crumpled and had black residue all over it. It was their only copy as well. :cry:

[quote name='leung19']i tried it tonight, tried to do return and rebuy with some shooters game and plus one game for B2G1 free, it does not work, or at least it does not work for me.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, sale price on shooters didn't work with with the B2G1.

Just a heads up, my local gamestop has converted all their new PS2 slims to used. So they're sealed and everything but being sold for 40. YMMV on it. Goodluck.

[quote name='Tsel']Sadly the artwork was ruined as well. Crumpled and had black residue all over it. It was their only copy as well. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I want to know what the hell people do to their games, why do they treat them like shit? When I buy a game used I want the original case and everything included. I mean how the hell does that happen to a game?

[quote name='KtMack23']I HATE GAMESTOP. EDIT: Just looked, my "new" tactics ogre isn't even in a real UMD case, its in some all white replacent one! I hate gamestop.[/QUOTE]

FYI myself and everyone that has gotten that game, even factory sealed, had it like that. Very few newer PSP games have the blue UMD letter logo on them anymore.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']I want to know what the hell people do to their games, why do they treat them like shit? When I buy a game used I want the original case and everything included. I mean how the hell does that happen to a game?[/QUOTE]

One word: KIDS.

I dont care how meticulous you re with your games, if you have kids around 24/7, they *will* get into them and it doesnt take longer than the time it takes to turn your back.

It's borderline miraculous what they can do even in the shortest amount of time.

[quote name='MSUHitman']FYI myself and everyone that has gotten that game, even factory sealed, had it like that. Very few newer PSP games have the blue UMD letter logo on them anymore.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I had a PSP and sold it two around two years ago and haven't bought a psp game since. Good to know its not a screwed up UMD.

Anyone that is thinking about rage should get it. That game is amazing! I really don't understand how anyone could think it's bad.

[quote name='hostyl1']One word: KIDS.

I dont care how meticulous you re with your games, if you have kids around 24/7, they *will* get into them and it doesnt take longer than the time it takes to turn your back.

It's borderline miraculous what they can do even in the shortest amount of time.[/QUOTE]

I guess but, I don't let kids play with mine, and when I have kids they won't be allowed to unless they respect them, when I was little I always took care of my games. But I know what you mean, left nieces and nephews playing a family xbox come back and discs are just laying everywhere, cases strewn about, and the silver piece was torn off the disc tray

[quote name='Vap']Anyone that is thinking about rage should get it. That game is amazing! I really don't understand how anyone could think it's bad.[/QUOTE]

I rented Rage from Gamefly and returned it the next day. The graphical issues, lack of a story driven game, and the boring combat with sparse mobs to fight ruined it for me.

All the stuff I might want is sold out before the sale even begins for me.
I suddenly feel as if I'm not CAGy enough, like I've let some one down.
Weird.

yeah they don't, I reported on this in the other thread when I tried to get them with my PUR B2G1 a few days ago. it's bullshit, but whatever I guess

Gonna pick up these games tomorrow for about $7.80 each if I did the math right

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3 (9.99)
3D Dot Heros (couldn't find 3rd game I rly wanted and heard its not bad) (12.99)
Mirror's Edge (12.99)

Anything else I should pick up? Looking for cheap but good games I don't have (decided not to spend $100 on 3 games I prob not gonna get to)

[quote name='MeGaWC27']All the games I wanted are either not available for shipping or not 1 store have all 3 games... sigh*[/QUOTE]

Actually you can get other games from one store and do a swap at another store. I do that a lot. Even during the PS2 B2G2 promotion.

You can even get one game from one store go to another store and get 2 other games. Just let them do a refund and re ring.

These B2G1's are hard to pass up but after BBY's B2G2 last week I may just have to sit tight until the next one. Even with $250 in credit I might still have to wait.

[quote name='xewndar1']after seeing the new Resident Evil 6 trailer, I think I'll pick up RE5 Gold edition. Co-op sounds fun[/QUOTE]
Co-op was tons of fun, especially arguing who carries what (for me at least)

Picked up
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing

all for $50 shipped after my friends PUR discount. Cross fingers i get my games complete so I don't have to waste time and gas just to get a manual.

Gamestop should stop taking trades of incomplete games.

re5 gold is especially fun w/ the move

[quote name='xewndar1']after seeing the new Resident Evil 6 trailer, I think I'll pick up RE5 Gold edition. Co-op sounds fun[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hostyl1']One word: KIDS.

It's borderline miraculous what they can do even in the shortest amount of time.[/QUOTE]

They're the worst. I used to work at GameCrazyHollywood Video and the kids would seriously tear up the game/manual/case. The games would come back with grease, boogers among other things. Not the cleanest job around...

[quote name='mrclutch']These B2G1's are hard to pass up but after BBY's B2G2 last week I may just have to sit tight until the next one. Even with $250 in credit I might still have to wait.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the club...I'm sitting on $780 credit, and that's after spending $400 in credit over the holidays.

Damn, all the shooters are already up in price? I wanted Crysis 2 for $13 and someone said it worked for the B2G1 online. Now it's back up to $20.

[quote name='Tsel']Damn, all the shooters are already up in price? I wanted Crysis 2 for $13 and someone said it worked for the B2G1 online. Now it's back up to $20.[/QUOTE]

yep, it did, all of them did, and crysis in particular wasn't even included in the shooter sale, or if it was it wasn't on sale at the same time as the rest, it went on sale like 2 days ago... so lame. i would've gotten that alone for $14 without the b2g1 free but whatever

damn. this sale just fails when you work evenings and online has no free shipping codes. nothing i want is at the same store, so i either pay $$$ for the atrocious shipping/tax fees (as well as get no dlc for Halo CE) or i dont take part.

this is one case that Tempe kicks Chicago's ass. when i was in AZ while i was going school, these sales were excellent for me because there were so many GS stores everywhere. i'd always find one with the sets of 3 i was looking for. oh well. working evenings, i guess i wouldnt have time to drive around that much anyway.

so frustrating to click "checkout", only to see that shipping+tax is over $15. sorry, not this time. in store or no deal. It actually takes what would be a $50 discount down to $30.

bread's done
Back