Gamestop B2G1 starts 1/20-1/22, PUR members start 1/19

boneless

CAGiversary!
Feedback
88 (100%)
There's one this weekend based on information from a manager I know. Anyone have good flips to transfer GS credit to Bestbuy?

Just wanted to clarify that these should be pre-owned games only. I can't verify but I wasn't given any info except of a B2G1.

UPDATE: PowerUp Rewards members should get an email stating early access to the B2G1 on 1/19.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont think i did too bad and ill be headed back on sunday as well if i can find two scrap sale games. so far ive gotten....
radiant historia cart only x2 and zelda twilight princess gamecube complete like new(where the heck was this when the 60% sale was going on sheesh)

then for 9.99 i found a cart only my world my way just need to find two more fillers for that price range. might just grab two gba or lower end ds games or something.

Raising the price on the 30% off shooters and not allowing to stack is not cool Gamestop! Guess I'll have to pass since I have work all weekend and was kind of interested in Modern Warfare 1 and 2's campaigns.

gamestop used to let me get away with murder. B2G1 with free shipping and 27% off and a $10 off. I miss the good old days. They smartened up.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Welcome to the club...I'm sitting on $780 credit, and that's after spending $400 in credit over the holidays.[/QUOTE]

Jesus, what the hell do you trade in?

Head's up to those looking for a $34.99 game, Dark Souls has dropped both in-store and online Looks like $40 is the new MSRP for it. Picked up that, UMVC3, and Mortal Kombat. Not bad!

[quote name='TooPoor']Co-op was tons of fun, especially arguing who carries what (for me at least)[/QUOTE]

Off topic, is RE5 co-op online or offline?

Ugh. Just passed by a few local Gamestops for this sale. Either the games I wanted were beat up or had no box art/manual. That or the tracker was wrong as well. :l

[quote name='Luxuria']Ugh. Just passed by a few local Gamestops for this sale. Either the games I wanted were beat up or had no box art/manual. That or the tracker was wrong as well. :l[/QUOTE]

Yeah, finding a game you've been looking for and opening it up to discover no manual is a bummer. Makes it feel super incomplete. I don't know if people just throw them away or what, but it's way more common than it should be!

Also, if anyone is interested in getting Mortal Kombat, my used copy came with an online pass printed on the receipt (even though I purposely chose a copy with an unused code inside). I don't really understand why they have these online passes if they're just going to make agreements with Gamestop to include them with used copies, but whatever.

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Yeah, finding a game you've been looking for and opening it up to discover no manual is a bummer. Makes it feel super incomplete. I don't know if people just throw them away or what, but it's way more common than it should be!

Also, if anyone is interested in getting Mortal Kombat, my used copy came with an online pass printed on the receipt (even though I purposely chose a copy with an unused code inside). I don't really understand why they have these online passes if they're just going to make agreements with Gamestop to include them with used copies, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

MK no longer requires an online pass. Anybody can play online now. I cant confirm for Xbox but the PSN store no longer even offers the online pass for purchase.

[quote name='hostyl1']One word: KIDS.

I dont care how meticulous you re with your games, if you have kids around 24/7, they *will* get into them and it doesnt take longer than the time it takes to turn your back.

It's borderline miraculous what they can do even in the shortest amount of time.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree here, unless you are supervising them and changing the discs yourself. If you leave kids alone in a room with games they will destroy it especially if they are not your kids. Relatives and friend's kids and such tend to destroy anything that is not theirs.

On the manuals, I have been in GS stores where almost every copy of games they had was without the manual, after checking the first 2 or 3 I checked some more then I concluded that all games in this location must not have manuals. However most games in this store had boxes with original cover art.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Jesus, what the hell do you trade in?[/QUOTE]

Lots of games over time and just never bought new ones, at least not from gamestop. At this point it's either going to be Vita or Wii U for me...I doubt I can hold out until the next XBOX or PS3 :)

[quote name='SaraAB']On the manuals, I have been in GS stores where almost every copy of games they had was without the manual, after checking the first 2 or 3 I checked some more then I concluded that all games in this location must not have manuals. However most games in this store had boxes with original cover art.[/QUOTE]

Did you ask anyone there about it? That sounds like one of the stores around here -- they keep all manuals with the discs, but you'd never know if there was a manual available for something unless you asked.

My store is the same way, they keep the manual and any other inserts with the disc. Sometimes the game cases you see on the shelves are only for display. You should ask, chances are they'll have complete games in the back.

Went out again today. Had to go to 2 stores to mix and match, but ended up with Heavy Rain Director's Cut, LA Noire Complete, and Deus Ex for $51.28. After getting MGS Solid HD Collection, Ico/SotC, and Dark Souls yesterday, I'd say this was a successful B2G1.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']yeah they don't, I reported on this in the other thread when I tried to get them with my PUR B2G1 a few days ago. it's bullshit, but whatever I guess[/QUOTE]

Just buy em online and if they send you a crappy copy then go to the store and exchange it. that's what I've done and plan to do with the ones I just ordered. The store I went to yesterday did had a lot of good copies of the games I ordered online so I hope it will work out well.

For anyway still looking for a PS2 Network adapter.... Gamestop did a price drop again on these babies.... only $7.99.

Might want to check your local shop since these are not available online anymore.

[quote name='Glass Ghost']I want to know what the hell people do to their games, why do they treat them like shit? When I buy a game used I want the original case and everything included. I mean how the hell does that happen to a game?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what is you age but I guess you're not 8 yrs. If you were 8yrs you would not care about the condition of a disc as long as it runs.

I guess what I am saying is that the young ones are the ones that end up trading the crappy looking titles.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']For anyway still looking for a PS2 Network adapter.... Gamestop did a price drop again on these babies.... only $7.99.

Might want to check your local shop since these are not available online anymore.[/QUOTE]

Now you tell me...I paid $15 for one a few weeks ago! #-o hehe

[quote name='dark-star']Now you tell me...I paid $15 for one a few weeks ago! #-o hehe[/QUOTE]

:D I suppose to buy one during the last buy 2 get 2 pre-owned ps2 products last time but the $14.99 price tag was not helping me with the games i was purchasing at the

[quote name='Tsel']That's what happened when the employee tried. I asked him and he rang up three copies of Crysis 2 and scanned my PUR card and the total didn't reflect a B2G1.[/QUOTE]

Store price is different on the shooters. 30% off is online only, says so on the web page.

Ha, I haven't even thought about those network adapters in so long! I remember driving across numerous states tracking those things down years ago; they used so valuable. Still have a sealed one for my (ridiculous) sealed OEM accessory collection.

[quote name='sgaldis']Ha, I haven't even thought about those network adapters in so long! I remember driving across numerous states tracking those things down years ago; they used so valuable. Still have a sealed one for my (ridiculous) sealed OEM accessory collection.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was just thinking the same thing. I used to grab those everytime they popped on the gamestop inventory tracker. Been awhile but I think Gamestop was selling them for $14.99 or $17.99 and you could sell them for $50-$60. That was definitely a good time for driving around to Gamestops in the area.

[quote name='dino88']Does anyone know if PS2 games are still B2G2 free?[/QUOTE]

B2G2 for ps2 games is already dead i think it ended last week.

[quote name='schuerm26']They aren't. That ended a couple weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CAGkrazy']B2G2 for ps2 games is already dead i think it ended last week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='Caoz']I have no idea what is you age but I guess you're not 8 yrs. If you were 8yrs you would not care about the condition of a disc as long as it runs.

I guess what I am saying is that the young ones are the ones that end up trading the crappy looking titles.[/QUOTE]
Actually most people dont take care of their shit. Fact is most people are disgusting creatures. When I was 8 I kept my games clean and in prsitine condition like I do today. Its all based on personality. And most people have disgusting personalities. :)

Bought DOA 4(disc only) and Ninja Gaiden2(complete). As soon as I came home though I found a like new copy of DOA4 on amazon so I'm going to have to return the one I bought. The highlight was the free game I chose. I chose Marvel Ultimate Alliance gold edition. It runs for 30 but the cashier was really cool and It rang up for 5 bucks. Of course it's no longer free if I return DOA but it'll be worth the 5 bucks.

[quote name='wrencrest']Actually most people dont take care of their shit. Fact is most people are disgusting creatures. When I was 8 I kept my games clean and in prsitine condition like I do today. Its all based on personality. And most people have disgusting personalities. :)[/QUOTE]
Same here. When I was 8 I kept my Atari 2600 and cartridges in tip top shape. Always knew they would be worth something 27 years later. :lol:

[quote name='wrencrest']Actually most people dont take care of their shit. Fact is most people are disgusting creatures. When I was 8 I kept my games clean and in prsitine condition like I do today. Its all based on personality. And most people have disgusting personalities. :)[/QUOTE]

I am the same. I am having problems keeping my consoles pristine, however. Ever since I got my wife a cat I have been finding her hairs consistently on the console. I hardly ever run the air and the cat never comes into the room except maybe once or twice a day for 5 minutes. I don't know how the consoles attract that much cat hair/dust in such a short time.

Gonna try another GS on my way home today - went to my local GS yesterday, but couldn't find a 3rd piece of the B2G1 puzzle that wasn't either $20 more or $20 less expensive than my B2s, one of which was the Deus Ex Augmented Edition. Major bummer!

Does Gamestop usually restock their pre-owned games online fast? There's a couple of games I'd like to get but half of them aren't available online.

[quote name='DS9']Why don't you put USED in the title. Less traffic to thread for you ? sigh[/QUOTE]
It's GameStop. It kinda goes without saying that it's for used games. It's ALWAYS for used games.

[quote name='DS9']Why don't you put USED in the title. Less traffic to thread for you ? sigh[/QUOTE]

Because gamestop never does B2G1 on new games.

Picked up Skyrim, MW3, and UC3 for $98 then flipped the MW3 back to them for $34.50 since I have the Hardened edition lol
(so both games for $32 no tax since I paid in credit; games are practically new :) )

[quote name='yruluis']Modern Warfare 2 was 10.49 the day before, now it went up to 15. Pretty cool.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's why they call it a sale because it ends at a specific time.

I posted earlier about trying to get a used Gamecube as part of the B2G1, but ended up finding a better deal for the Gamecube on craigslist. $20 for GC, 1 Nintendo brand controller, 2 memory cards and 2 games, 1 of which we already have that I can on amazon and net $15.

At Gamestop I did end up getting for $36 after sale and PUR:
Dragon Age: Ultimate Edition($18)
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune ($20)
Mario Party 5 ($20)

Traded in SR3, got 30 total in store credit, w/ PUR. So basically base value was 20. Then used 25 of the store credit for the B2G1 free. Got Dragon Quest: Sentinels of Starry Skies, Skate, and Dead Rising. Damn good haul I think.

Same- with the keeping games clean. My copies of Chrono Trigger or Super Mario 3 look like they did when they came out of the box.

There was also the threat of parental beating for not taking care of my stuff, too ;)

SI

[quote name='ThingontheFloor']Yeah, finding a game you've been looking for and opening it up to discover no manual is a bummer. Makes it feel super incomplete. I don't know if people just throw them away or what, but it's way more common than it should be!
[/QUOTE]

There seems to be a lot of manuals for sale on ebay. :cry:

[quote name='DS9']idk just saying you write it in the body not the topic, just annoying, sorry[/QUOTE]

Did you read the OP? In the second sentence I clearly state that its pre-owned games.

bread's done
Back