Gamestop, Best Buy, Wal-Mart Branding Asssassin's Creed 3 covers

V

Virtua

Untitled-1.jpg

yup. it's ugly but i'm not going to get worked up over it. I do think it would be hilarious to try to return a "gamestop copy" of the game to wal-mart without receipt and see if the cashier even notices.

IMG_4685.jpg

retailer exclusive DLC is disgusting, does it make it worse that the box is being branded like this? If anything it makes me upset that i'm apparently missing out on whatever other 3 retailers were offered as exclusive..

Hopefully a good scan copy will appear on the internet to replace the original cover with.

If the cover is reversible that would work as well.

Wonder if this is to combat those who pre-order everywhere and end up returning just to get the bonuses.

I hate this kind of shit though, and not only do retailers have their own content, but PS3 gets their own missions as well? Definitely waiting for this game to hit $30 or less; thanks Ubisoft

yeah it's not a big deal, it's just ugly. I'm going with the PC version and i doubt they'll go to the trouble of branding that.

Seems a waste of money though. It must cost them more to print cover variants for the retailers instead of just doing one big print run for everybody. Would rather they spent that money on manuals.

File the retail case in storage for eventual resale and put the game in this, problem solved:

callout_AssassinsCreed3_v2.png

With the mass quantities they made of these, there shouldn't be anyone out there who plans on eventually owning the game who hasn't picked it up already.

The LE has a plastic slip cover over the actual box. Not the worst thing that could have happened.

[quote name='KingBroly']At least there aren't any Mountain Dew or Doritos branded boxes.[/QUOTE]

-The first step was DLC
-then DLC that should have originally been in the game but taken out for additional $$
-then pointless DLC like skins, extra guns, etc
-then retailer exclusive DLC so you have to buy it everywhere
-now retailer exclusive covers branding, something worse than GH cover art? No way!

Thanks for giving them the idea for the next step (sarcastic)

Good thing I got ACIII Steelbook many months ago. I am waiting until this hits $10-20 anyway, since BL2 was my buy this year already. The AC series go down in price fast, so I can wait.

[quote name='lolwut?']Wonder if this is to combat those who pre-order everywhere and end up returning just to get the bonuses.
[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. CAGs brought it on themselves.

[quote name='Corvin']Makes sense. CAGs brought it on themselves.[/QUOTE]

Um no. While I see your point, I humbly disagree. The fact that there is retailer exclusive DLC meaning you can never get the full package is THEIR fault, fuck them.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Um no. While I see your point, I humbly disagree. The fact that there is retailer exclusive DLC meaning you can never get the full package is THEIR fault, fuck them.[/QUOTE]

Except you almost always can as the preorder DLC will show up at some point down the road for $1.99 or something.

[quote name='blume3']It's all about the exclusive content.[/QUOTE]

Which is not worth it anyway.
[quote name='gamingcamelcliente']I didn't see any branding on my copy of Assassins Creed III, maybe this is US only?[/QUOTE]
In the US and did not have any branding on my copy. It bought it at the Microsoft Store for $25.

From Canada and bought mine from Walmart and there was no branding on it. I think this may be US only.

bread's done
Back