GAMESTOP Blazblue Continuum Shift $19.99

[quote name='killerthrust']Just got back from a GameStop and found Blazblue Contnuum Shift for $19.99. Amazon still has the game for 35 dollars so its a good time to pick it up if anyone is interested

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/blazblue-continuum-shift/77556

its available for Xbox and PS3 for $19.99 and used for $17.99[/QUOTE]

BestBuy's got it for $20 on sale atm (at least online), in case you've got credit to burn. Price-matching Amazon should be easy enough because of this.

Also, specify in the title that it's not the 3DS version before a number of people inevitably get pissed off. Just a heads-up. (Edit: That's the sequel, I'm really dumb, sorry. But it wouldn't hurt, regardless.)

Edit: Ha, someone beat me to it. Thanks.

I'd also recommend making a trip out to BB, if it's not too out of the way. A couple of them in my area(Chicagoland area) have had it on clearance. I picked up the xbox 360 version for 16.99 and the PS3 version was 11.99.

The previous time this deal was posted someone had mentioned that Continuum Shift II would be made available for free to all Continuum Shift owners as a patch.

Might pick this up next month pending E3 announcements. I'd hate for them to re-release BlazBlue as BlazBlue 2 with the patch and all the DLC characters.

If your a fan of fighting games at all this game is a steal for $20 do yourself a favor and pick it up. Note it does take a bit of skill to actually get good at this game, it's not exactly pick up and play like many of the current fighters out right now.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Might pick this up next month pending E3 announcements. I'd hate for them to re-release BlazBlue as BlazBlue 2 with the patch and all the DLC characters.[/QUOTE]

I would just buy it. CS was 40 and CS 2 (portable) was 39 for the 3ds (30 for the psp). If they were to release CS 2 it will most likely be for 40. The 3 characters are 7 a piece so thats 1 extra dollar or 2 or so less with used for buying now.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Never heard of this series until it was getting some 3DS love. What makes it stand out? How far back does this series go?[/QUOTE]

Started a few years ago. 2 is just CS with more content and there is only 1 prior. Thats about it

[quote name='BobbyTastic']Never heard of this series until it was getting some 3DS love. What makes it stand out? How far back does this series go?[/QUOTE]

Its basically a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear (Since Arksys lost the license somehow)

Its a pretty fun game, though it more on the technical side. (The learning difficulty is steeper than MvC3, or SSF4).

For this price i'd suggest it.

As far as DLC goes, i doubt there will be any more characters for this version. And the current characters are all quite good (And range from the 6-8$ range, i have 2, waiting for PSN to come back to buy the newest one), aside from that, all of the DLC is basically alternate costume colors/unlock keys to save time unlocking stuff.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its basically a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear (Since Arksys lost the license somehow)

Its a pretty fun game, though it more on the technical side. (The learning difficulty is steeper than MvC3, or SSF4).

For this price i'd suggest it.

As far as DLC goes, i doubt there will be any more characters for this version. And the current characters are all quite good (And range from the 6-8$ range, i have 2, waiting for PSN to come back to buy the newest one), aside from that, all of the DLC is basically alternate costume colors/unlock keys to save time unlocking stuff.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well Guilty Gear I know. I can kinda see that, based on the footage I've seen. I always did suck @ GG, I wouldn't be surprised if I sucked at this, but you can't go wrong for $20. Thanks to you and admiral for clearing that up, suppose it wouldn't be too hard to get into the franchise since it's so new.
Also, tell Arksys to check under its bed for that license, I lose shit there all the time.

Edit: Oh wait, Arksys = Aksys.. *facepalm* Deathsmilies!

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's available at your local best buy, try buying it there instead of in store pickup. The best buys in my area have it on clearance for 14.99

[quote name='dgwillia006']Its basically a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear (Since Arksys lost the license somehow) [/QUOTE]

Actually Arksys recently acquired the license back. What this means for the BB series idk. But BB CT was a great game. not bad at all for 20$ for CS.

bread's done
Back