GameStop blowout of Aspyr PC games (Force Unleashed $0.99, Cryostasis $2.99)

Star Wars is on backorder. I'll get it anyways though cause that's really cheap. Packed Zelda Collector's Edition disc to it with coupon cag 16, saver, and my edge card discount for $22.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ProphetZero']Star Wars is on backorder. I'll get it anyways though cause that's really cheap. Packed Zelda Collector's Edition disc to it with coupon cag 16, saver, and my edge card discount for $22.[/QUOTE]

I thought CAG16 stopped working? O_O

Anyone have any experience with using the online in-store pickup option? Do they generally find the game and hold it for you? How soon do they do this, and for how long do they hold the game?

Be forewarned, the PC port of Star Wars: TFU is a really bad port. You need a Crysis-caliber PC to run it smoothly, and it doesn't even look that good. It also has some sort of 5.1 surround sound issue with certain sound setups. It's a good game, but there's a reason it's 99 cents.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Be forewarned, the PC port of Star Wars: TFU is a really bad port. You need a Crysis-caliber PC to run it smoothly, and it doesn't even look that good. It also has some sort of 5.1 surround sound issue with certain sound setups. It's a good game, but there's a reason it's 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was debating on this but I will just pass.

Put in for a reserve of Puzzle Quest: Galactrix, and it's on hold now for me at a local GameStop. $1.99 is decent. The game is wonky, but I'll give it another try (after having tried the bland DS version) for such a cheap entry fee.

Picked up Force Unleashed at local store for $1. Now I just have to figure out which friend to give it to as I already have it on steam. Thanks OP.

Keep it, darthballz. The Steam version has that horrible sound problem that Aspyr refuses to patch even though somebody on the Steam forums made a fix for it already. I mean, yeah, there's a fix, but I'd still rather play it from a regular install because I don't know how good that fix really is.

They also pennied out a bunch of pc games called "Sleeve games" yesterday, Prince of Persia, Far Cry 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and about 5 others.

After installing my copy and patching to 1.2, my game won't even start. I hit the launcher, tell it to start, the process is running but no game.

Least it was only a buck down the tube. My google fu comes up with nothing.

Went to two gamestops while I was out earlier, didn't find FU at either. Oh well, least I didn't go out of my way to look.

[quote name='Chuplayer']Be forewarned, the PC port of Star Wars: TFU is a really bad port. You need a Crysis-caliber PC to run it smoothly, and it doesn't even look that good. It also has some sort of 5.1 surround sound issue with certain sound setups. It's a good game, but there's a reason it's 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

I wish they didnt make pc games when released with high requirements.
I would buy Star Wars TFU, but probably better to get on console

99 cents is the price of a candy bar!
For 99 cents - one could always buy it; throw it aside; and then try to run it on a high-end PC when they get one.
I know that's what I'd do...

Damn shame to hear that it's a poorly optimized port, though...ugh...

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']After installing my copy and patching to 1.2, my game won't even start. I hit the launcher, tell it to start, the process is running but no game.

Least it was only a buck down the tube. My google fu comes up with nothing.[/QUOTE]

Now, I ain't sayin' no no nothin', but I may have gotten my game working by using an executable that may or may NOT have come on the disc, if you catch my drift.

SecuROM sucks.

bread's done
Back