GameStop BS?

warpedcore

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I purchased Lumines, returned it (it... uh, didn't upgrade my PSP, more or less bricked it... long story)... exchange it for Star Wars Battlefront Renegade Squadron... didn't really like the game and decided to put all my money towards KillZone 2.

The guy said this was my last exchange and that I had to keep Kill Zone 2? Is this a policy.. can they do this?

Gamestop isn't exactly in the business of renting games. I'm surprised you were able to return one game let alone two.

gamestop sucks, but less than you

seriously, you can't just buy/return games.. neither return was justified and you're upset that you can't do it a third time.. that's bs.

not sure if games have the same policy, but most publishers of PC software only credit stores for defective copies, meaning when you return opened software the store either has to eat the cost (typically ~80% of MSRP) or lie to the publisher and claim it was defective (which is a felony, i doubt a big company like gamestop would risk it). although with gamestop it's possible they just shrunk wrap it back up and will sell it again as 'new'... point remains, you can't just freely buy/return software as if you're renting it. if you want to rent it, rent it. and "won't work on my hacked system" isn't defective.

If Lumines and Star Wars were both used when you bought them then he has every right of exchanging them back(within a week) that's store policy, REGARDLESS of the reason.

On brand-new purchases i.e. Killzone 2 you can only return the game for the same game or trade-in but obviously at a much lesser value.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Maybe you'll think twice before trying to mod your system next time.[/QUOTE]
:smugƒag.jpg:
wait wait holy shit, do you own a non hacked psp?

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Maybe you'll think twice before trying to mod your system next time.[/QUOTE]
I bet the hacker behind the hacker alias zewone tried to lead this poor soul astray.

Another victim of the pirates that are taking over CAG.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I bet the hacker behind the hacker alias zewone tried to lead this poor soul astray.

Another victim of the pirates that are taking over CAG.[/QUOTE]
Exactly, this electronic black market aimed directly at hurting developers is really starting to discust me.

I wonder if they have a way of keeping up with that? I heard them tell that to a guy once while I was waiting in line. But I have taken back a used game before within 7 days and had no problem, but not back to back like that.

Hmm doing this 3 times is just weird ya know. If you were going to buy return, then buy all 3 at the same time not one by one.

This kind of happened to me one time also.

I purchased two games at GS, GRAW and Gears of War. Both of them were used. Well when I got home, I played GRAW first and I didn't really like it. So I returned the game. Well a few days later, I popped in GoW and it wouldn't work! I looked at the disc and it was all discolored and obviously damaged.

So I went to go exchange it for another copy, and the manager told me that I couldn't do it because I had returned too many games. I told him that I wasn't trying to return this game for my money back, it just didn't work and I wanted another copy of it. He then looked at the disc and told me that everything fine. Well I argued for another 15-20 minutes before finally he swapped out the discs for me.

What a pain in the ass.

bread's done
Back