GameStop Buy 2 Get 1 Back up YMMV B&M

Moray

CAGiversary!
Starting today and going through Saturday GameStop has buy 2 used, get 1 of equal or lesser value free. Not sure if it's nationwide but all of the stores in my area (Mid-Michigan) are participating. If they aren't doing it today then they may be starting tomorrow as it's not officially in the systems yet.

[quote name='scott123456']I assume you mean Gamestop.[/quote]

Edited post, sorry bout that. Yes, I meant GameStop.

I hope they say yes tomorrow. I have just under $300 in credit to use. My location lets me combine hardware and software as long as the freebee is the software. Debating what to pick up but I have a few that I have been waiting on till the sale came back.

Hey, thanks for the heads up. If anyone is interested the code to do this online is 3FOR2PO. But the 2 games/dvd have to be $29.99 or more and the free item must be equal or less than $29.99.

I was able to get some games I've been wanting for a long time.
purchased:
PS2 - Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (missed out on CC sale, damn this game is hard to find)
PS2 - Onimusha 3 (Price drop to $34.99 Used, $39.99 New)

free:
PS2 - Klonoa 2 (I've been wanting this game for over 2 years, finally pulled the trigger before it becomes scarce)

[quote name='Hksuperman3000']these games must be at least 30 bucks to count as one of the 2 to get one free[/quote]

Can't see them doing that in store, they never have before. I bought Mobile Light Force 2. Red Faction and MDK2 in their last Buy 2 Get 1 Free offer, and the most expensive game there was $7.99.

Shit, I have about 15 dvds to pick up tomorrow I guess. I totally forgot I had some to buy when we started the next b2g1. Guess I will sign this paycheck right back over to GS.

I'm gonna go buy the location by my job and the one by my house. I always rack when this deal comes around. I wish the last GI mag would've come with the extra 10% off used stuff coupon. Thanx for the heads up.

[quote name='Rubberlegs']I'm gonna go buy the location by my job and the one by my house.[/quote]

I wish I had enough money to buy just one store, much less two.

[quote name='fwacce'][quote name='Rubberlegs']I'm gonna go buy the location by my job and the one by my house.[/quote]

I wish I had enough money to buy just one store, much less two.[/quote]

Guess that's what I get for getting so excited and not rereading my post before I submitted. I hadn't had my coffee yet by then. Nice one fwacce. LOL

has anyone got this deal in store yet? I'm not paying 30 bucks for any used games. If theres no in store restriction im there.

Nothing in Albuquerque, NM. That sucks, I was really looking forward to this deal. Made a killing last time.

I work at a Gamestop in IL (chi suburbs) and we just started the deal today. It hasn't "officially" started yet, some stores just got the O.K. early. If it's a bigger store, or one with alot of trade-ins, they should have it going. Should run through Sunday at least but it will probably go longer.

Here's the details, to answer a few questions I've seen posted.

Combinable on any combo of games i.e. used N64, GBA, PS2, XBOX, DVD's etc. The only things excluded would be any special sale items (like clearanced NES,SNES, etc.....)

Used system can be part of the B2G1Free, but you CANNOT buy three systems.

Any combo of games, accessories, DVD's is fine. Freebie has to be equal or lesser value.

B&M stores have no restriction on game prices. I.E. no "games have to be 29.99 or more" that's just online.

No returning the free game and trying to get a refund/credit. Get games you like, because we can't extend the deal past the expiration date if you try to return the games because you don't like the one's you chose.

Post any other Q's.

you know... I think this deal is off and on, because about a month or two back, my friend bought some used games at a GameStop and was offered this deal. Just buy 2 games and the third game will be free providing it is equal in value or less than the price of your lowest priced game.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Nothing in any of the Boston, MA Gamestop stores either.[/quote]

Dang... thanks for the info. That saves me a trip.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Used system can be part of the B2G1Free, but you CANNOT buy three systems.[/quote]

So wait, if I buy a used PS2 and a game, I can get a used Gamecube?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Lord_Kefka']Used system can be part of the B2G1Free, but you CANNOT buy three systems.[/quote]

So wait, if I buy a used PS2 and a game, I can get a used Gamecube?[/quote]

Nope, sorry. That breaks rule #3 ("Freebie must be of equal or lesser value."

So your PS2 game would be free. It doesn't mean anything that the Cube is less than the PS2, the game is worth the least. So you get that for free.

Not sure about the "official" start. May depend on region. We have another location in the mall no further than 3 blocks away. Their sales suck, so they had an "unofficial" B2G1Free to increase sales.

But this should be an official one starting. We put up the banners yesterday.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='Lord_Kefka']Used system can be part of the B2G1Free, but you CANNOT buy three systems.[/quote]

So wait, if I buy a used PS2 and a game, I can get a used Gamecube?[/quote]

Nope, sorry. That breaks rule #3 ("Freebie must be of equal or lesser value."

So your PS2 game would be free. It doesn't mean anything that the Cube is less than the PS2, the game is worth the least. So you get that for free.

Not sure about the "official" start. May depend on region. We have another location in the mall no further than 3 blocks away. Their sales suck, so they had an "unofficial" B2G1Free to increase sales.

But this should be an official one starting. We put up the banners yesterday.[/quote]

Damnit! I've been trying to find the best way to get a Cube. I've been thinking of buyingan N64 from EBgames and trading it in for a new Cube to get $30 off. Then trading in some of my other stuff. I hate trading games in, but I can't throw down enough cash to buy one outright.

Lordkefka, can you tell me when this deal is going to end?

Are they doing a 30% more trade-in right now? My buddy just traded in $250 worth of stuff and got an additional 30% for some sort of promo.

[quote name='gizmogc']Are they doing a 30% more trade-in right now? My buddy just traded in $250 worth of stuff and got an additional 30% for some sort of promo.[/quote]

Yep. If you trade 3+ games you get 30% plus (Gamestop)

If you trade 3+ games you get $15 plus (EB Games)

______ YMMV

Good. Is there a thread on this deal? Im curious to see what there paying. My friend was able to trade in Spiderman 2 for $41.

[quote name='gizmogc']Good. Is there a thread on this deal? Im curious to see what there paying. My friend was able to trade in Spiderman 2 for $41.[/quote]

Couldn't find anything (or blind_) Looks like a sweet deal. If I combine B2G1F ..hmmm

bread's done
Back