GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how people are buying all this garbage and bragging about and in the same breath saying the above.

How fair would it be to let people hold a ton of games then never show or someone who wants the game can't get it because some ass put it on hold along with 10 other games.

Thank you for provin my point with the 25% comment. Just another reason why they DON'T allow more than one.
Give me a break. Gamestop is the biggest douche company in the gaming business (though M$ is a very close second) and this is just another one of its crackhead policies. They have a Buy whatever Get whatever or a Buy whatever for whatever price and only hold one game for you and the others get sold before you get there is the worst. And yes, it happens.

i think wat they need to incorporate is a buy to hold system. like bby. this hold and not pick up is bs for peopl who want to buy. its a win win for everyone. ill bring it up at a gamestop earnings call.
Hell no. I hate that policy from Best Buy. "Pay for this now and we may have it for you when you get here. Bonus points for trying to get it shipped to this location as there is an even less chance of you getting it. But we'll hold on to your money for you, thanks." I have never and will never use Best Buy's in-store pickup.

You come off as a child. Stop your sanctimonious bullshit and don't shop at Gamestop or Best Buy if you don't like them.
I agree. You're absolutely right. I shouldn't be against something I don't like. The world would be so much more simple if everyone didn't make arguments and were completely transparent as the poison that is plaguing our society runs free. Got a problem? Keep it to yourself.

Call me a child. Maybe I am one. But I'd rather be a child with free will than a mindless drone like you that takes a slap to the face and says "thank you, may I have another?"

In any case, it's not feasible for Gamestop.com to follow the "pay to pickup in store" thing because their online inventory is like 60% accurate at best.

I know all the NDS games at my store are gutted already is there a cheap case floating around that just holds a few NDS games like on a keychain or something. Maybe I could attach it to his 3DS case or something.

Someone earlier said 9/3 if I recall correctly, but they have pulled games and canceled promotions early before; not to mention, the inventory will go fast at $3.33 a game, so go as soon as you can.

In any case, it's not feasible for Gamestop.com to follow the "pay to pickup in store" thing because their online inventory is like 60% accurate at best.
It is far more accurate than that. I have used their online inventory tracker for years to pick-up games I am looking for. I have easily used it and picked up 100+ new/used games over the past 3-4 years. I have only had 3 cases where the store did not have the game when online indicated that they did. It of course could vary by region, but in my experience the tracker is right about 97-98% of the time. The only real problem is getting to the store, and realizing they have the game but it does not come with case and manual.

I agree. You're absolutely right. I shouldn't be against something I don't like. The world would be so much more simple if everyone didn't make arguments and were completely transparent as the poison that is plaguing our society runs free. Got a problem? Keep it to yourself.

Call me a child. Maybe I am one. But I'd rather be a child with free will than a mindless drone like you that takes a slap to the face and says "thank you, may I have another?"
You're a Dark Knight, a silent hero of not shopping at stores you don't like. Except not silent at all.

People like you poison society with your trivial complaints. Yes the world would be simpler without meaningless arguments.

I am one of the rare few that don't have either an xbox 360 or a ps3 (I have been happily playing on the Wii for quite a while).  I plan on getting a PS3 around black friday so I thought I'd pick up a couple cheap games since this seems like a good sale on some great older games that I've missed.  After hitting a couple gamestops, I managed to get complete versions of Wanted, Ninja Gaiden, Little Big Planet, Soul Caliber IV, Dragon Age Origins, and Super Street Fighter IV.  Pretty excited about my haul, I actually may try to stop by another gamestop to see if I can find Riddick, Heavenly Sword, and Prince of Persia.  These games along with a couple games I picked up when TRU was doing 3 for $30 have built quite a bit of PS3 backlog.  Now if only I had the console to play them.  Sigh.

actually its pretty accurate and thats why just like best buy they send n email stating if it was pulled or not and not to come to the store until there i valid confirmation. smh.

I am one of the rare few that don't have either an xbox 360 or a ps3 (I have been happily playing on the Wii for quite a while). I plan on getting a PS3 around black friday so I thought I'd pick up a couple cheap games since this seems like a good sale on some great older games that I've missed. After hitting a couple gamestops, I managed to get complete versions of Wanted, Ninja Gaiden, Little Big Planet, Soul Caliber IV, Dragon Age Origins, and Super Street Fighter IV. Pretty excited about my haul, I actually may try to stop by another gamestop to see if I can find Riddick, Heavenly Sword, and Prince of Persia. These games along with a couple games I picked up when TRU was doing 3 for $30 have built quite a bit of PS3 backlog. Now if only I had the console to play them. Sigh.
wtf..u think u might want to buy a console first? if nething these games r only gonna b cheaper.

got

bulletstorm - Brand New still in plastic

call of duty 4

Brothers in Arms.

Only other games I was interested in was riddick and armored core 4. Both were OOS so I think I'm done with this sale. 9 games for $27 and two of them being brand new isn't so bad.

Ended up getting 9 NDS games for my son all loose for $27 in GS credit. Now can someone point towards the direction of a cheap NDS cart holder.

Holy shit this thread just got stupid outta nowhere.

Anywhos, does the Wanted game follow the movie or comics more?
I really enjoyed it on rental when it first came out. I think I beat it in maybe over two evenings. I think for $3.00 its a no brainer.

Picked up Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, and Bulletstorm for the PS3. Also got Sly Cooper and PM TLOU @ Best Buy. These should hold me over for a while  :bouncy:

Ended up getting 9 NDS games for my son all loose for $27 in GS credit. Now can someone point towards the direction of a cheap NDS cart holder.
Go to 5 and below, they have tons for $5 or check out your local Sears, Walmart, Kmart or Target shouldn't be more than $10

Has anyone tried using the $10 off any pre-owned game coupon on this?
I wouldn't do that. It takes $10 off of one game, so you'd only save $3.34 at most and forfeit the rest.

I grabbed Alpha Protocol, Full Auto and HAWX today. Always regretted trading in Full Auto a few years back, and I've been wanting to snag the other two for a while now. My copy of AP is practically brand new, with only one newly-laid sticker over the UPC.

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but I think the PUR 10% off stacks with this since my pretax total was $9.

Here's what I picked up, 18 games for $60 is not bad IMO. However, I think I'm done with the sale and will be waiting for the next.

atemany6.jpg

Everything is complete and good to great condition. Had to swap some discs, cases, and manual but I was heading that direction anyway. It pays to get in on the sale early if you are looking for complete versions and hard to find games.

Two of the NDS games I bought for my son he said he doesn't want. (Up & Wall-E) they are still sealed in the little envelopes. Should I have any problems just returning them and getting the values back on my edge card?

Anyone know if the B2G2 PS2 games is in-store or online only?

edit:  just called a couple stores, both said in-store and online

For those who want to keep their backlog from growing and remove a quick one. Assuming you just beat campaigns and what not (not a completionist). Wanted WoF took me 2hrs and 42min to beat on the hardest difficulty. So I would think on easy/normal you could knock this one out in 4hrs.

I went through that same rebellious phase in high school. You are going to get over it.
Yeah, maybe. But you won't go through that "working at Gamestop" phase since you don't seem to be well-adjusted enough to hold down a job anywhere else.

Lots of stuff still available at the store I went to, mainly b/c they had a bin for the sale but they only had a few dozen crap titles in it with most of the eligible games on the shelves. I picked up Riddick, Red Faction, and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. I never played the 1st Vegas game. I'm hoping it doesn't matter. I mean, it does't seem like the kind of game where story matters much, right?

actually its pretty accurate and thats why just like best buy they send n email stating if it was pulled or not and not to come to the store until there i valid confirmation. smh.
All I remember is me trying to reserve Xenoblades and over half the time, "they couldn't track it down".

How can you lose a $90+ game that likely was traded in yesterday? Xenoblades isn't the only game either I have tempted to reserve.

Went through my emails, and I definitely was being kind when I said 60% accurate:

41x - Your item is ready for pick up

32x - Your Hold Request could not be fulfilled

I definitely don't want my money to be tied up that often if Gamestop theoretifcally goes the Best Buy route.

Lots of stuff still available at the store I went to, mainly b/c they had a bin for the sale but they only had a few dozen crap titles in it with most of the eligible games on the shelves. I picked up Riddick, Red Faction, and Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. I never played the 1st Vegas game. I'm hoping it doesn't matter. I mean, it does't seem like the kind of game where story matters much, right?
Rainbow Six 2 is great, or at least it was back in the day. I seriously doubt there's much of an online community anymore, but it had really fun multiplayer. Even without that, it has a co-op mode simply called "Terrorist Hunt." What more do you need?

I got an amazing deal for this. They for some reason had a couple uncharted 3s and Modern Warfare 3s in the bin, even though its not on the list. The clerk decided to honor it for me since they were in the bin and was able to get UC3,MW 3 and a 3rd game for $10.

Rainbow Six 2 is great, or at least it was back in the day. I seriously doubt there's much of an online community anymore, but it had really fun multiplayer. Even without that, it has a co-op mode simply called "Terrorist Hunt." What more do you need?
That co-op sounds cool. I mainly got it just for the single-player campaign.

I checked two GameStops today and got myself Halo 3, Infinite Undiscovery, Dead or Alive 4, Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, Armored Core 4, and Medal of Honor.

I got back home to test drive them, so far I'll be returning back Armored Core 4 and Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising. AC4 is very boring, the missions are too short and the battlefield too restrictive. Front Mission Evolved while crappy was better then this IMO. OFDR is very tough, I got shot twice and fell down and spent 5 minutes looking at my character slowly die, while the rest of the team mopped up the enemies and then casually crouched nearby me.

I also got a Playcation coupon, I didn't know they were still being handed out.

I love Armored Core 4 - it's probably my favorite Armored Core. If you change the difficulty, some events during the missions will also change. For example, in one mission, you're sent to help two mercs who are pinned down by four superior mechs. On Hard, your allies are already dead and you have to fight the four by yourself - any of them alone can kill you easily. This is the best Gundam game that's not actually Gundam.

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing COD4 again. Besides black ops 1's MP, it was my favorite...probably because its the one that got me hooked.

I'm glad some GS has sales like these that includes games like this, so people think "$3? Why the hell not...I could get into it again"

Wait a second...was armorered core on that list?! Did I completely look over it? It has literally been about a decade since I've played one. Damn.

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing COD4 again. Besides black ops 1's MP, it was my favorite...probably because its the one that got me hooked.

I'm glad some GS has sales like these that includes games like this, so people think "$3? Why the hell not...I could get into it again"
I ended up picking up about 15 things from this and the B1G1 for that reason. $5 or so and most games are worth that. Again, what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

I missed most of this generation, so it's also a good way to get some decent games for cheap.

I ended up picking up about 15 things from this and the B1G1 for that reason. $5 or so and most games are worth that. Again, what the hell, I'll give it a shot.

I missed most of this generation, so it's also a good way to get some decent games for cheap.
Well it's kind of weird...my best bud has played every single COD, except COD4. I told him now was a good of time as any to see what hes been missing out on (decent MP, awesome story, awesome sniper mission, Mile High Club). So he ended up getting 2 copies of COD4; one for him to play, and gave the other to my girlfriends younger brother.

They're always trying to get me to play COD, but I dislike BO2, so I always tell them no. But I'll gladly play some COD4

bread's done
Back