GameStop: Buy 3 for $10 Preowned Game Sale - Starts 8/19, Ends CoB 9/8

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
Starts Monday morning, 8/19. Pricing for the games are current as of 8/17.

PUR Pro (silver card) DOES stack with this deal.

Preowned Codes:
917 = Wii
919 = Nintendo DS
930 = PS3
935 = PSP
952 = XBox 360

Next sale starts 9/9:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/319480-gamestop-50-off-select-preowned-games-starts-99/

Not sure if already posted, but just in case...here is the actual flier scanned from in store. Seems to have quite a few more titles not listed in OP

GS-3for10-20130819.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12443810/CAG/GS-3for10-20130819.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dew u evr uze propur gramur? Y u alwayz insaltin on al ur postz?
dude seriously, get off my back. i wasnt insulting the dude, its called a joke. btw i vaguely remember you were the jackass that wouldnt help out another cag understand something and i did. also ur post about my grammar is pretty stupid. insinuating my grammar is bad by spelling all your words wrong isnt attacking my grammar, but my spelling. ur an idiot and go eat a dick.

dude seriously, get off my back. i wasnt insulting the dude, its called a joke. btw i vaguely remember you were the jackass that wouldnt help out another cag understand something and i did. also ur post about my grammar is pretty stupid. insinuating my grammar is bad by spelling all your words wrong isnt attacking my grammar, but my spelling. ur an idiot and go eat a dick.
It's a pretty fucking stupid joke.

Picked up 21 games.

Keeping:
:360: Alpha Protocol
:360: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Condemned: Criminal Origins
:360: Condemned 2: Bloodshot
:360: FEAR
:360: FEAR 2

Reselling locally for $5.00 each:
:ps3: Alpha Protocol
:360: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
:ps3: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
:ps3: Chronicles of Riddick
:360: Dragon Age Origins
:360: Fable III
:360: Halo 3
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps3: Mass Effect 2
:360: Medal of Honor
:ps3: Need for Speed: Shift
:ps3: Operation Flashpoint
:360: Phantasy Star Universe
:ps3: Super Street Fighter IV
:360: Unreal Tournament III

Will end up getting the 6 keepers nearly free. :)
You could have made 12 bucks by keeping them if you had a Power Up Rewards card!

Funny story: I browse three or four pawn shops in my area for most my games. The guys know me well and give me great deals (SR 3, Ico and Shadow Collection and Bioshock for $13), they always have a lot in stock, and since I'm a PS3 guy I don't worry about condition. Anyway, I'm browsing around said pawn shops a couple days ago and I notice a *lot* of copies of COD 4, Prince of Persia, Bulletstorm, etc. Obviously people had been taking advantage of this promo at GS and then taking their crap over to the pawn shops to flip. But I find myself really doubting they got more than $3 a piece for those old ass games. I don't know, I only buy from them, I've never tried to sell a game, but there's no way anyone profited flipping these to a pawn shop, right? I could see CL, there are lots of dumb people there who will pay $5, but I'm doubtful about this. My best guess is some people bought some 3 for $10 games to increase the size of a stack of games they were trading in, hoping to get more based on sheer volume?

You're the prick who holds peoples hands. And is always annoying. That CAG's answers were in the posts above his. I told him to read that post. All your posts are always bitching one way or the other. I help people out when needed but when the answer is in their face on the same page I point it out. And yes I hate people who type like 5 year olds.

You're the prick who holds peoples hands. And is always annoying. That CAG's answers were in the posts above his. I told him to read that post. All your posts are always bitching one way or the other. I help people out when needed but when the answer is in their face on the same page I point it out. And yes I hate people who type like 5 year olds.
you know everything you just said, applies to you, im pretty sure people think you are annoying. which you are. at least i try to help people. isnt that the point of a community?

I wonder if this sale will stack with the B2G1 this weekend for PUR Pro members. 

went today and boosted my ps3 collection with Resistance 2, Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. On the shelves Resistance 2 and NG:S were both case + artwork while Heavenly Sword was just a generic black case/GS label, but when they got the disks and switched it all out I got NG:S and Heavenly Sword complete, while Resistance 2 was in a generic black case w/GS label. I don't understand GameStop.

Two GameStops I visited today completely converted the 3 for $10 bins into just game discs in yellow paper sleeves.  I was very disheartened and left empty-handed. Despite that fact, one still kept a shelf stocked full of complete pre-owned DS games w/ manuals & cases (but mostly of overpriced 1st-party Nintendo titles...i.e.Pokemon black/white)

Two GameStops I visited today completely converted the 3 for $10 bins into just game discs in yellow paper sleeves. I was very disheartened and left empty-handed. Despite that fact, one still kept a shelf stocked full of complete pre-owned DS games w/ manuals & cases (but mostly of overpriced 1st-party Nintendo titles...i.e.Pokemon black/white)
Sad to say but that's probably where they're headed with these cheaper priced titles, just like they did with the PS2 titles last gen.

this selection is limited with the buy2get1 free going your getting off using this promotion if your a powerup pro member and want new releases!

Does anyone know the end date for this promo? Checked the OP real quick but didn't see a mention. I thought I saw it in the meat of the thread but I don't have time to reread every post at the moment.

I went on a crazed GS 3-for-10 shopping spree yesterday and renewed my Pro membership halfway through, falling victim to the dirty-man-easily-persuaded-by-cute-girl setup. Should've just done that from the start...

Anyway, what I came to say is that no, the B2G1 and 3-for-10 promos don't stack. And yes, 3-for-10 ends 9/8, but does anyone happen to know when the B2G1 ends? In case I forget to look it up myself (and I will).

If you're already using this sale as an opportunity to hoard old games you skipped over the years, the B2G1 is a pretty nice opportunity to pick up the few dirt-cheap oldies not included in the sale. Picked up R6 Vegas (limited edition!), Stranglehold, and TimeShift yesterday for $5.88.

Was it confirmed or not that this deal works online? Or is it just in-store? Cause I'm pretty sure my store will only have a limited supply, probably most COD 4 which I am planning on getting but I doubt my other 2 games are there. They have really limited supply of PSP games and I wanna get War of the Lions finally.

Went a little crazy on this deal:

:360: Army of Two (regret since online coop doesn't work anymore

:360: Blazing Angels

:360: Blazing Angels 2

:360: Devil May Cry 4

:360: Eat Lead

:ps3: Wanted (to flip on Amazon)

Went a little crazy on this deal:

:360: Army of Two (regret since online coop doesn't work anymore

:360: Blazing Angels

:360: Blazing Angels 2

:360: Devil May Cry 4

:360: Eat Lead

:ps3: Wanted (to flip on Amazon)
That sucks. I didn't know that online coop doesn't work anymore. Army of two is actually one of the only games I played through the entire campaign in coop. It was very fun.

went today and boosted my ps3 collection with Resistance 2, Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. On the shelves Resistance 2 and NG:S were both case + artwork while Heavenly Sword was just a generic black case/GS label, but when they got the disks and switched it all out I got NG:S and Heavenly Sword complete, while Resistance 2 was in a generic black case w/GS label. I don't understand GameStop.
I'm just gonna post this for anyone that doesn't know. (first post on this site ever) ask the employee when you're checking out if you can switch out game cases for a better one. Chances are they will and you can get a better case with your game. I did this when i went and bought FEAR and FEAR 2 and a 2nd copy of Infinite Undiscovery cause the 1st copy was missing a manual. Just look for a better case, it doesn't matter what game it is cause they're just gonna put a new sticker on the case your switching it out with.

I'm just gonna post this for anyone that doesn't know. (first post on this site ever) ask the employee when you're checking out if you can switch out game cases for a better one. Chances are they will and you can get a better case with your game. I did this when i went and bought FEAR and FEAR 2 and a 2nd copy of Infinite Undiscovery cause the 1st copy was missing a manual. Just look for a better case, it doesn't matter what game it is cause they're just gonna put a new sticker on the case your switching it out with.
Yeah me and my buddy had to rock paper scissors for the blazing angels case, and when we brought the generic case up front he pulled out a fresh case with manual and scratch free disc.

Infact, the only game I got that wasn't complete was Army of Two.

Wtf, you can't play online co-op with Army of Two anymore? Damn wanted to get that for my friend to team up. I never had a game with disabled co-op, I thought one player would be the host like in Gears 2.

And I always ask for the best case, manual and disc other wise they might give me a shitty product, which they always seem to try and do.

I went on a crazed GS 3-for-10 shopping spree yesterday and renewed my Pro membership halfway through, falling victim to the dirty-man-easily-persuaded-by-cute-girl setup. Should've just done that from the start...

Anyway, what I came to say is that no, the B2G1 and 3-for-10 promos don't stack. And yes, 3-for-10 ends 9/8, but does anyone happen to know when the B2G1 ends? In case I forget to look it up myself (and I will).

If you're already using this sale as an opportunity to hoard old games you skipped over the years, the B2G1 is a pretty nice opportunity to pick up the few dirt-cheap oldies not included in the sale. Picked up R6 Vegas (limited edition!), Stranglehold, and TimeShift yesterday for $5.88.
Halfway? The discount is applied for 3 for $10.

That's why they set up the girls at GS, dirty man.

It's always funny to see their expressions when they don't get me to do something.

Since my last post, I decided to get some more games and keep it under $10 per game. I was surprised at how many I found and purchased that turned out to be under $7 per game:

Big Bumpin' (Xbox 360) - Wait! The list gets better.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) - The best SW game I've played since Super Star Wars from the SNES.

Dark Void (PS3) - Decent third person game. Got it as a blind buy.

Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) - Loading times are still long, but it was worth it for $4.

Rogue Warrior (PS3) - A blind purchase. Seems like a good FPS, but the constant use of cursing is laughable.

Alpha Protocol (PS3) - Another blind buy based on recommendations here. I like it. 

F.E.A.R. 2 (Xbox 360) - The only game on the list I returned. I had more fun when I was getting scared by the environment and crawling monsters as opposed to fighting those soldiers that did the same thing over and over. I would have more fun watching someone play this instead. I played through the first game but this felt too much like more of the same.

Red Faction: Armaggedon (Xbox 360): Enjoyable FPS.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3) - Blind purchase. Haven't played it yet.

Timeshift (PS3) - I didn't realize there were so many FPS games out there.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (Xbox 360) - I like the what if premise here on World War II. One of the better games that uses gun torrents well.

Wet (PS3) - I had a hard time finding this game and was thrilled to get it in full condition. The Xbox demo was a lot of fun to play (I have "Insane" stuck in my head) but I bought it for the PS3 since it was the only copy that wasn't disc only.

My backlog is so large that I'm running out of storage space for these titles. I need to go through my PS2 and Gamecube games and start making some room/get items ready for a future lowball.

One of the games I got was Megamind: Blue Defender for DS. I play it on my Pikachu 3ds. To me, it's better than whatever Megamind I had for PS3.

Since my last post, I decided to get some more games and keep it under $10 per game. I was surprised at how many I found and purchased that turned out to be under $7 per game:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) - The best SW game I've played since Super Star Wars from the SNES.

Duke Nukem Forever (PS3) - Loading times are still long, but it was worth it for $4.

Rogue Warrior (PS3) - A blind purchase. Seems like a good FPS, but the constant use of cursing is laughable.

Alpha Protocol (PS3) - Another blind buy based on recommendations here. I like it.

F.E.A.R. 2 (Xbox 360) - The only game on the list I returned. I had more fun when I was getting scared by the environment and crawling monsters as opposed to fighting those soldiers that did the same thing over and over. I would have more fun watching someone play this instead. I played through the first game but this felt too much like more of the same.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Ultimate Edition (PS3) - Blind purchase. Haven't played it yet.

Turning Point: Fall of Liberty (Xbox 360) - I like the what if premise here on World War II. One of the better games that uses gun torrents well.

Wet (PS3) - I had a hard time finding this game and was thrilled to get it in full condition. The Xbox demo was a lot of fun to play (I have "Insane" stuck in my head) but I bought it for the PS3 since it was the only copy that wasn't disc only.

My backlog is so large that I'm running out of storage space for these titles. I need to go through my PS2 and Gamecube games and start making some room/get items ready for a future lowball.
Wow. I have had or still currently own most of those games(all for PS3). The only one on that list I haven't owned is Red Faction Armageddon. Why they went the completely opposite direction from Red Faction Guerrilla is beyond me, but I've heard the game is beyond tedious to play.

FYI: Turning Point(for PS3 at least) is only $2 at the FYE stores that still sell games. So if you've got a hankering for a fairly mediocre game and/or need a spare PS3 case, there you go.

Some amazing turds in there like turning point and dark Void and you returned fear 2? I actually thought 2 was the best one in the whole series.

Some amazing turds in there like turning point and dark Void and you returned fear 2? I actually thought 2 was the best one in the whole series.
I don't think it was as mechanically strong as the first but definitely tried to do more with the setting. That school level still creeps me out.

I picked up Dream Trigger, Steel Diver and a filler. I want to change the filler, of course, but I think I'll change Dream Trigger as well. It's not as good as I thought it would be.

I don't think it was as mechanically strong as the first but definitely tried to do more with the setting. That school level still creeps me out.
To this day I can't bring myself to rebuy or replay the first one because of how annoying it was dealing with the flashlight battery running out all the time.

thanks for the heads up. i honestly wasnt paying attention, saw two real ps3 cases and a generic black case and thought i was getting what i picked out, not that they were switching out a generic case for a real case and a real case for a generic. i'll remember this for future gamestop deals

Is the sale still going on?
Yes, I just picked up three games with it on Saturday. It doesn't stack with the B2G1 though so you have to watch that they don't add that promo on because the B2G1 will take precedence even though it's a worse deal with most of the games.

thanks for the heads up. i honestly wasnt paying attention, saw two real ps3 cases and a generic black case and thought i was getting what i picked out, not that they were switching out a generic case for a real case and a real case for a generic. i'll remember this for future gamestop deals
Or just avoid generic cases in general. For me, I don't even know where to put a ugly generic case, it certainly doesnt belong to the collection shelf.

Uh...that list above...people like Dark Void? That game is so bad I quit playing. Red Faction:A is good? At best that game is average and really it's somewhat below average. The story is dumb too, I liked the zero punctuation review of it, why the fuck didnt he just fix the machine at the beginning of the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPQ-rjXtMQ

Or just avoid generic cases in general. For me, I don't even know where to put a ugly generic case, it certainly doesnt belong to the collection shelf.
Same. I'm at the point in my collecting where if it isn't complete/original label/great condition it's not worth my money.

Uh...that list above...people like Dark Void? That game is so bad I quit playing. Red Faction:A is good? At best that game is average and really it's somewhat below average. The story is dumb too, I liked the zero punctuation review of it, why the fuck didnt he just fix the machine at the beginning of the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyPQ-rjXtMQ
In all fairness, games like Red Faction: A are great for this sale at $3 each. It's mindless, average, forgettable but playable. But Turning Point, Dark Void and Rogue Warrior (if I remember correctly) aren't even worth your time for free.

In all fairness, games like Red Faction: A are great for this sale at $3 each. It's mindless, average, forgettable but playable. But Turning Point, Dark Void and Rogue Warrior (if I remember correctly) aren't even worth your time for free.
Dark Void was definitely not worth anything. Like I said, it was so bad I quit without finishing it. I at least finished Red Faction and you're right, it's worth a few bucks for most people. For people on CAG with a floor to ceiling bookshelf full of backlogged games it probably makes no sense to buy it for any price. If you have excellent or good games in your backlog why even bother with something so aggressively mediocre?

bread's done
Back