Gamestop buy TWO USED get one, coupon

coolrust

CAGiversary!
I RECEIVED A COUPON FROM GAMESTOP AFTER I SIGNED UP FOR POWERUP REWARDPRO FEW DAYS AGO. HERE'S THE EMAIL

Congrats on successfully activating your account. (What, like it was hard?) Now reward yourself by taking advantage of this special offer. Buy any two pre-owned games and the third one is FREE! Just click the link, log in, and you'll be directed to "My Active Offers" on your Dashboard to print out your coupon. GO!:bouncy:

[quote name='jeff1304']how is this different from a edge card ?[/QUOTE]

You get points for buying or trading stuff and each purchase enters you into drawings to win stuff (right now it's a Pac Man Arcade Machine). ...I have enough points for a triforce belt buckle, but it's not available yet. When it goes live, it shall be mine! :bouncy:

Zelda_Triforce_Beltbuckle.png

You also get a 10% trade-in bonus for hardware, but that might change when it goes national.

I actually like the Rewards site. It lets you keep track of your pre-orders and has a game library thing.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Except Reward Zone/Gamers Club is way better.......20,000 points ($2000?) for a $20 PSN card?![/QUOTE]

Math for you:

$500 spent at best buy = $5 gift certificate
$2,000 spent at best buy = $20 gift certificate = $20 PSN card

:roll::roll::roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']Math for you:

:roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]
not true though. IIRC gamer zone points only require $150 to receive $10 gift cert.

And I thought it was $250 spent to receive $5 gift cert with regular RZ point.

Try doing your math with this correct information and see if it's the same;)

[quote name='oasisboy']Math for you:

:roll::roll::roll:[/QUOTE]

Most misinformed post I have ever read :roll::roll::roll:

$500 gets you $10, $250 gets you 5, $1000 gets you $20

on top of that you get 10 just for spending $150 on Video Games.

:booty::booty::booty:

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']Thanks, OP! I actually got lucky and found a Gamestop in Newark, NJ that was participating in the program.

1 question though: I don't notice anywhere on the Power Up site noting that you can earn points for online purchases. Does anyone know for sure if you can (or can't) earn points for online purchases?[/QUOTE]

Yes online purchases can earn you points. Just make sure your card is linked up to your online account on gamestop.

just curious but how long is it taking everyone to get the coupon after signing up?
i signed up yesterday, and still don't have it, although it has updated with my purchases within the last couple of days

[quote name='orcafan8']just curious but how long is it taking everyone to get the coupon after signing up?
i signed up yesterday, and still don't have it, although it has updated with my purchases within the last couple of days[/QUOTE]
Took two weeks for me.

[quote name='kirthew']I dont know... you are paying 15 dollars for the opportunity to get 10 % off on strategy guides and used games... and you get some points that hopefully some day add up to 5 dollars off.... Why not just do what Barnes and Nobles does... charge me $25 a year and give me 10 % off everything in the store...[/QUOTE]
Because that's $10 more than most of us are willing to spend? Although I really liked the EDGE program when EB Games was still around. I think it was like $5 for just the card and you got the 10% off used stuff and 10% bump on trades. That was really nice and it didn't give me a subscription to a magazine that at best is a glorified ad rag 90% of the time.

I believe it was Funcoland that had the Game Informer subscription if you signed up for their discount card, so that's where THAT portion of the current EDGE/PowerUp program came from. At least when Funco had GI it seemed like it was more articles and less multi page ads. Now you're lucky if an issue of GI is more than 30% articles(including reviews, previews and feature articles).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Because that's $10 more than most of us are willing to spend? Although I really liked the EDGE program when EB Games was still around. I think it was like $5 for just the card and you got the 10% off used stuff and 10% bump on trades. That was really nice and it didn't give me a subscription to a magazine that at best is a glorified ad rag 90% of the time.

I believe it was Funcoland that had the Game Informer subscription if you signed up for their discount card, so that's where THAT portion of the current EDGE/PowerUp program came from. At least when Funco had GI it seemed like it was more articles and less multi page ads. Now you're lucky if an issue of GI is more than 30% articles(including reviews, previews and feature articles).[/QUOTE]

EBGames discount card was $10 at one point when it came bundled with GMR Magazine. When that died out in early 2005 though they bumped it down to $5 for just the card.

PowerUp is now live in Portland, OR also. I got my card a few days ago....took about 3-4 days for me to get the email coupon.

I'm just wondering, with the $-off rewards on games - are those going to be coupons, in-store use only? Or will it be a code you can use online (and will that code be stackable?) I'm guessing not stackable, as most of their coupon codes aren't, :whistle2:/

Anyone know if there's any way to get points for purchases made online? The number of points I'm going to get is going to be extremely low if not.

[quote name='Rozz']EBGames discount card was $10 at one point when it came bundled with GMR Magazine. When that died out in early 2005 though they bumped it down to $5 for just the card.[/QUOTE]
I knew it was something like that.;) It seems like all of the magazines that are sold mainly at particular stores(@Gamer at BB, GI at GS) are all pretty reprehensible as far as content goes.

If they offered the discount and points portions of this program sans the crappy GI subscription for $5 or so I think they'd get alot more sales than I've seen them get.

[quote name='rainking187']Anyone know if there's any way to get points for purchases made online? The number of points I'm going to get is going to be extremely low if not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, doesn't look like the system support the point system yet, even though it's set up to handle the EDGE cards.

When you start stacking the coupon codes with the point and EDGE, the deals gets pretty good. (Hopefully the store coupons aren't dead, I'd hate to wait for their gamer's day where everything gets upselled)

The edge card used to be $5 then it went back up in price but there was a way to get it for $2 if you sent in the subscription form with just the $2 edge card box checked and a $2 check needless to say I was the one who participated in that. If they went back to a $5 edge card which I doubt they would I would buy an edge card again but its worthless to me now because I would have to spend $150 on used games at GS in a year just to break even which I don't even come close to that right now. Especially since I shop for most of my games online now and get better prices and better condition than gamestop offers.

I am sure they will constantly try to upsell the paid edge card to those that have the free one.

The only thing that could make me shop at GS right now is if they required box and manual for all their game trade in's, because very few games at the stores here have box and manual, and I like to have box and manual with my games.

I love the edge card. Even what little trading in and used game buying I do from gamestop (amazon ftw), it always pays for itself over the course of a year. Then there's the Game Informer.

FYI to anyone in the northeast
Got back from my local gamestop North Wales, pa. They're converting to the power card next week and will be emailing buy 2 get 1 free coupons.

so how long should I expect it to take before I get the coupon e-mail? hoping to kill some time with some new games when I wake up

[quote name='ryheeles']so how long should I expect it to take before I get the coupon e-mail? hoping to kill some time with some new games when I wake up[/QUOTE]

Try logging in and checking your dashboard. I didn't get any email, but if I login I can download the coupon and print it out.

It looks like we have to differing opinions on whether we can earn points...Has anyone seen their points increase after an online purchase?

[quote name='n1c0']Yeah, doesn't look like the system support the point system yet, even though it's set up to handle the EDGE cards.

When you start stacking the coupon codes with the point and EDGE, the deals gets pretty good. (Hopefully the store coupons aren't dead, I'd hate to wait for their gamer's day where everything gets upselled)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rawrker']Yes online purchases can earn you points. Just make sure your card is linked up to your online account on gamestop.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rainking187']Try logging in and checking your dashboard. I didn't get any email, but if I login I can download the coupon and print it out.[/QUOTE]

hmm, nothing there. Guess I'll give it a couple days before I e-mail them about it. Also, is anybody else having trouble linking this to GS.com? My Edge card number is there, I can't get rid of that one, and trying to save the number for this card does nothing.

[quote name='SenorWooSuavA']It looks like we have to differing opinions on whether we can earn points...Has anyone seen their points increase after an online purchase?[/QUOTE]

I ordered a game from GameStop.com a couple of days ago just using credit from my Powerup card and didn't get any points. I tried to connect my Powerup card to my account and nothing happens when I click save.

All I know is my powerup/edge # is linked to my gamesop.com account, but I haven't got a single credit for any online purchases and i've got atleast $500 in purchases online since getting the new card. The poweruprewards pts. I've gotten all are attached to a store number. I know it's linked cause the system let me buy 2 more NSMBs when there is a limit of 2 per customer/household(whatever). It never let me buy more before inputing that new card number.

Anybody else having problems pulling up their order history on gamestop.com?

I'm a little ticked. I've been an EDGE member for a year now, my state was one of the first states to do PowerUp, and I got it back in May or so. I know I activated my card, I remember doing it, but I haven't been back to the site since. I just renewed my card and decided to see what kind points I got.

It can't find my account. I'm using the same email I've always used and that I know GameStop has tied to my account, but it says the account doesn't exist. And surely enough my memory wasn't making shit up and I actually did activate the card as I recall cause when I went to activate it told me my card number was already activated.

I've tried all my email addresses just to be sure, but to no success. Guess I gotta talk to them about this next time I'm there.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I'm a little ticked. I've been an EDGE member for a year now, my state was one of the first states to do PowerUp, and I got it back in May or so. I know I activated my card, I remember doing it, but I haven't been back to the site since. I just renewed my card and decided to see what kind points I got.

It can't find my account. I'm using the same email I've always used and that I know GameStop has tied to my account, but it says the account doesn't exist. And surely enough my memory wasn't making shit up and I actually did activate the card as I recall cause when I went to activate it told me my card number was already activated.

I've tried all my email addresses just to be sure, but to no success. Guess I gotta talk to them about this next time I'm there.[/QUOTE]

It might sound crazy, but the email they had on file for me was spelled wrong. I was able to look up my account via phone number and that's how I saw they left out a letter. Corrected it and logged in with the right email.

So this is kind of like EDGE?
Can I, like one of the posters above said, get the Pro for free if I'm subbed to EDGE?

[quote name='pixi']So this is kind of like EDGE?
Can I, like one of the posters above said, get the Pro for free if I'm subbed to EDGE?[/QUOTE]

yes. I just went in yesterday and got mine upgraded.

[quote name='ryheeles']yes. I just went in yesterday and got mine upgraded.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks!
Does anyone know if the points accumulate from buying both online and offline?

You only get points for in store transactions right now, not sure if they'll ever incorporate the online store purchases (the current terms of service pamphlet specifically excludes them at the moment).

[quote name='Psybuster']You only get points for in store transactions right now, not sure if they'll ever incorporate the online store purchases (the current terms of service pamphlet specifically excludes them at the moment).[/QUOTE]

Ok, thank you :)

[quote name='SaraAB']The edge card used to be $5 then it went back up in price but there was a way to get it for $2 if you sent in the subscription form with just the $2 edge card box checked and a $2 check needless to say I was the one who participated in that. If they went back to a $5 edge card which I doubt they would I would buy an edge card again but its worthless to me now because I would have to spend $150 on used games at GS in a year just to break even which I don't even come close to that right now. Especially since I shop for most of my games online now and get better prices and better condition than gamestop offers.

I am sure they will constantly try to upsell the paid edge card to those that have the free one.

The only thing that could make me shop at GS right now is if they required box and manual for all their game trade in's, because very few games at the stores here have box and manual, and I like to have box and manual with my games.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you. I don't shop at GS anymore after this incident I had with them.

I was at this GameStop near my apartment, asked the lady If she had a NEW copy of FFXIII in-stock and she said "YEAH". Out of no where, she came in with a disc only game in a sleeve, and proceed to check me out. I was like "Excuse me miss, I want it BRAND NEW ". She said "Sorry, I can't find the case and instruction manual". She then proceed to check me out and ring me up for $63.XX with tax. I asked her again politely, I want it BRAND NEW in its sealed packaging with a case and manual and you expect me to pay $63+ for a disc only game when I can go to Walmart about 25 miles away and get a brand new & sealed copy. She kept lecturing me about you're gonna get a same amount of trade-in credit for it. I was like "What" and she then started to bargain with me. She asked me "there should be a complete copy of the game somewhere, why won't you look for it, bring it here, and I will give you the case and manual? I just walked out and never look back.

Use my Rewards Zone Mastercard on my PowerUp purchase. Now I get points at both places for the same purchase. Aww, yeah. Now your gaming the system (pun intended).

[quote name='frpilot']how long will it take? i registered on thursday.[/QUOTE]

I got the coupon in 2-3 business days after upgrading in store.

[quote name='ebubar']Does anyone know the expiration date of the B2G1 coupon?[/QUOTE]

Varies I upgraded in mid sept and the expiration date was 11/30/10. I gather it is good for three months from start of the month.

Does anyone know what the birthday gift is, I asked in gamestop today and they do not know, but then again some workers are clueless. Thanks.

theres a birthday gift? i just signed up friday, my birthday is just over a week away good timing, anyway if no one else comes before that ill post whatever it is i get

[quote name='Azarius']theres a birthday gift? i just signed up friday, my birthday is just over a week away good timing, anyway if no one else comes before that ill post whatever it is i get[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

[quote name='LSandok']Does anyone know what the birthday gift is, I asked in gamestop today and they do not know, but then again some workers are clueless. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I got an email about it since my birthday is in October, you get double points for the whole month you were born in. Shame I'm only picking one game up this month.

[quote name='rainking187']I got an email about it since my birthday is in October, you get double points for the whole month you were born in. Shame I'm only picking one game up this month.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']It might sound crazy, but the email they had on file for me was spelled wrong. I was able to look up my account via phone number and that's how I saw they left out a letter. Corrected it and logged in with the right email.[/QUOTE]

I have an unusual email (here's a hint: it's my username), so instead of saying it I just spell it. So if they spelled it wrong, it's their own fault. How do I access my account via my phone number? Didn't see that option at all.

[quote name='ebubar']Does anyone know the expiration date of the B2G1 coupon?[/QUOTE]

i upgraded in store the 29th of sept and my coupon was on the site today & expires 11/30/10

Mine long since expired then. Bastards didn't even tell me about it, figured they'd boast that to try and sell cards.

Um I have a question, if I have an Edge card it'll update to the pro version for free right? The only problem is the expiration date on the card is November 2010, so will the card last until the date I got it on?(I believe I bought when MW2 cameout) I'm asking because I want to sell my Gran Turismo 5 I won so I could use that B2G1 free on FO:NV, fable 3, and maybe dead rising 2.

Can I print the coupon out and use it multiple times or is it a one time thing? I have a powered up card and used the coupon once already. I was wondering if I can print it out and use it again?

[quote name='Jimbo1']Can I print the coupon out and use it multiple times or is it a one time thing? I have a powered up card and used the coupon once already. I was wondering if I can print it out and use it again?[/QUOTE]

Coupons are one use only. The code will be tied to your PowerUp account. So don't try to use it multiple times :)

The coupons are experience a lag right now. That's what I heard last time I was in a gstop. The beta was in the Columbus area (also OKC and somewhere in TX if I remember correctly) back in July, and I got my coupon instantly. Supposedly it can take a couple of weeks. My friend signed up last week and got it within a week, for what it's worth.

Also, for anyone that has had it. Can you stack coupons? I want to just print a pile of the $10 off preowned games and apply them together, since it's more money than the others (4000 pts per $10 vs 5000 pts per $10). :lol:

bread's done
Back