Gamestop buying games for 50% more credits starting Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

pera

CAG Veteran
Starting Thursday for those have that power reward card (silver one)
and Friday for those who do not have those cards.

I went into local gamestop today to sell old games, but the employee told me that they are going to have 50% more promotion starting tomorrow. I called the another local gamestop and he told me that it will be tomorrow (thursday) for power reward members and Friday for general public.

good luck :)

[quote name='Chuplayer']NEWSFLASH: People get hungry.[/QUOTE]

sorry peeps, i don't mean to troll but i must address this...
Yes, precisely.. and food out of home is additional cost
( wow )

[quote name='iwarboY']sorry peeps, i don't mean to troll but i must address this...
Yes, precisely.. and food out of home is additional cost
( wow )[/QUOTE]

NEWSFLASH: Be a responsible adult and go when you're not going to be so hungry that you just can't wait to eat something during that 15 minute drive home.

[quote name='Chuplayer']NEWSFLASH: Be a responsible adult and go when you're not going to be so hungry that you just can't wait to eat something during that 15 minute drive home.[/QUOTE]
NEWSFLASH: Get off my nutsack. :)

[quote name='iwarboY']Another fee most people don't consider when comparing.. is travel. look at the picture at a whole. how are you getting to gamestop? would you get hungry during your mall visit? gas, tolls, bus, food etc.[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you live or what you are driving, but if your "travel costs" are going to offset your trade in value, then you may have some issues. I know not all people are in my situation where I have 5 Gamestops within 7 minutes of me in any direction, but chances are if you already frequent Gamestop, your "travel costs" are minimal.

Oh, but to be fair, if you visit a Gamestop in the mall, it is hard to resist getting a soft pretzel. fucking delicious.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']Oh, but to be fair, if you visit a Gamestop in the mall, it is hard to resist getting a soft pretzel. fucking delicious.[/QUOTE]

It's easy to resist when the crappy big business mall chain pretzel stands drive the good independent mom and pop mall pretzel stands out of business.

*glares at Auntie Annie's*

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's easy to resist when the crappy big business mall chain pretzel stands drive the good independent mom and pop mall pretzel stands out of business.

*glares at Auntie Annie's*[/QUOTE]

Well, if the mom and pop ones want to survive, they should quit employing a bunch of old Asian ladies who don't understand what I say; and they should quit serving drinks in styrofoam cups. *shudders*

Sorry, just a recent experience that made me a little more fond of Auntie Anne's.

[quote name='abhinav']How often does GS change trade in prices? I'm using the CAG Trade in tracker but some of the values are over 30 days old[/QUOTE]

I dont think they have a set schedule but it seems like prices change almost daily. If something Is out of date you can call your local store for a value. Post the updated value here so the op and tracker can be updated.

[quote name='Chuplayer']It's easy to resist when the crappy big business mall chain pretzel stands drive the good independent mom and pop mall pretzel stands out of business.

Lol there are/were mom and pop soft pretzel vendors in the mall? What about independent cinnabon bakeries?

Such a gimmick. Red Dead Redemption for PS3 was $10 plus the 50% and 10% edge bump. Put it on ebay and got $26 buy it now within the first hour.

More money plus cash > less credit at Gamestop

I know this won't work for the value of all games, but it probably will for those games that benefit much from the 50% bump in the first place.

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I don't know where you live or what you are driving, but if your "travel costs" are going to offset your trade in value, then you may have some issues. I know not all people are in my situation where I have 5 Gamestops within 7 minutes of me in any direction, but chances are if you already frequent Gamestop, your "travel costs" are minimal.

Oh, but to be fair, if you visit a Gamestop in the mall, it is hard to resist getting a soft pretzel. fucking delicious.[/QUOTE]

A gamestop visit for me includes a trip to Chipotle. That alone costs me $8.28.

[quote name='palkia345']Gamestop's trade in prices are still BS[/QUOTE]

Almost the same as Amazon's and Best Buy's. Ebay is the way to go.

People seem to forget that Amazon will not take games without the original case and booklet. GameStop does. just saying...

This is the reason I am no longer able to leave my apartment.

Need to get lightbulbs? Costs $9 including burrito and chips at Chipotle.
Want to jog? Costs $8 since I just jog to Chipotle.
Want to get Chipotle? Costs $16 since I need to get Chipotle on the way home.

[quote name='Tom Ato']A gamestop visit for me includes a trip to Chipotle. That alone costs me $8.28.[/QUOTE]
The closest Gamestop to me is 25mins away. It just so happens to be right across the street from Chipotle. So I'm in the same boat as you +gas +time.

When does the promo end? If this page is any indication, I don't feel like reading through 11 pages of people complaining about GS' TIVs. Promos like this can be a good option for people who don't want to get hit by Ebay and Paypal fees, or just don't have the time to sell or trade online.

Can someone update the OP to say when the promotion ends?

Auntie Anne's has always been better than any other pretzels I've eaten at the mall though. Once I ate from a mom and pop place in the mall and it was pretty disgusting.

[quote name='croqoa']This is the reason I am no longer able to leave my apartment.

Want to get Chipotle? Costs $16 since I need to get Chipotle on the way home.[/QUOTE]

Lol

Sweet! Traded in 34 games today, and got $238 in credit. Since I'm too new to put these in the price tracker, I'll just post the base prices here for what I got.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $6.00
Pokemon Emerald - $9.00
Pokemon Platinum - $8.00
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $7.00
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $7.00
My Japanese Coach - $7.00
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $4.00
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $6.00
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $4.00
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $5.00
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $7.00
Pokemon Ranger - $3.00
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $2.50
Professor Layton Curious Village - $8.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $2.50
Witch's Wish - $3.00
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $6.00
Pokemon SoulSilver - $10.00
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $2.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $3.00
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $1.00
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $9.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $2.50
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $5.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $6.00
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $1.50
Avatar: The last Airbender (GC) - $1.00
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's cut - $2.50
Elebits - $0.50
Rock Band Track Pack V.2 (PS2) - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $1.50
Rock Band Track Pact V.1 (PS2) - $0.24
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $2.50

If someone who can wants to update the tracker for me since I'm not allowed yet I'd be very appreciative.

[quote name='scarhawk']^ Lol wow their TIVs are worse than I thought. I'd much rather just ebay them and net around 2-3x more.[/QUOTE]

Have fun listing all those games (individually). Group listings usually suck. Did you see all the shovelware he had? for $238? That sounds better than spending a good 2 hours on ebay... then post office. Then ebay fees...

traded in my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy for $40 after all promos. Not bad for a game I bought from Amazon for 19.99 and not have to deal with ebay fees to sell it for just a tad more online.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']He traded in Ace Attorney... although the ones he traded are understandable, but still![/QUOTE]
lol. Well, I love the Ace Attorney games but I'd already beaten it, so it was just gathering dust otherwise. And a little side note... I'm a girl, not a guy. I was reluctant to trade in Apollo Justice because Klavier is such a lovable character, but for a new 3DS with the potential to host any new Ace Attorney games, I'd trade him in.

[quote name='JMR77']when does the gamestop 50% end? Is it still going tomorrow?[/QUOTE]
It's going on until the 9th of March, I believe. There's plenty of time to take advantage of it.

[quote name='Alxamei']lol. Well, I love the Ace Attorney games but I'd already beaten it, so it was just gathering dust otherwise. And a little side note... I'm a girl, not a guy. I was reluctant to trade in Apollo Justice because Klavier is such a lovable character, but for a new 3DS with the potential to host any new Ace Attorney games, I'd trade him in.[/QUOTE]
But what if you want to replay cases? They're only gonna get more expensive, honey.

[quote name='Alxamei']Sweet! Traded in 34 games today, and got $238 in credit. Since I'm too new to put these in the price tracker, I'll just post the base prices here for what I got.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $5.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $6.00
Pokemon Emerald - $9.00
Pokemon Platinum - $8.00
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $7.00
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $7.00
My Japanese Coach - $7.00
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $4.00
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $6.00
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $4.00
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $5.00
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $7.00
Pokemon Ranger - $3.00
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $2.50
Professor Layton Curious Village - $8.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $2.50
Witch's Wish - $3.00
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $6.00
Pokemon SoulSilver - $10.00
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $2.00
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $3.00
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $1.00
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $9.00
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $2.50
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $5.00
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $6.00
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $1.50
Elebits - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $1.50
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $2.50

If someone who can wants to update the tracker for me since I'm not allowed yet I'd be very appreciative.[/QUOTE]

Why are people so lazy now days? A little research and here is what you could of gotten. (SEE BELOW) You had a couple rare games worth 30+ and 1 worth nearly 50. 238 could of been turned into around 428 not including the scrap games you could of traded into gamestop and netted 10 bucks on. So lets say net sales is 428 minus a pack of bubble mailers from sams at a cost of 6 bucks for 25. Everything ships First Class mail at a cost of 1.50. Your paypal fees equal 12 bucks and your ebay fees equal about 42. Net profit = $368 (pure cash) vs $238 (gamestop credit) or roughly 54% more. The other idea here is your gaining liquid cash vs a gamestop credit. Its just bad business to dump stuff at gamestop.

Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap - $12.00
Pokemon Leaf Green - $15
Pokemon Emerald - $22
Pokemon Platinum - $25
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days - $15
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective - $15
My Japanese Coach - $50
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - $10
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - $15
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All - $25
Ace Attorney Investigations Miles Edgeworth - $12
Professor Layton Diabolical Box - $13
Pokemon Ranger - $15
Yu-gi-Oh! Nightmare Trobadour - $15
Professor Layton Curious Village - $12
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time - $8
Witch's Wish - $10
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney - $15
Pokemon SoulSilver - $25
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 - $10
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team - $7
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - $5
Professor Layton Unwound Future - $15
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $6
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor - $25
Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - $20
Legend of Spyro: A new beginning (GC) - $3
Elebits - $0.50
Inuyasha Secret of the Cursed Mask - $6
Singstar Pop (game only) (PS2) - $10

[quote name='Halo3Champ']Why are people so lazy now days?[/QUOTE]

It's all about instant gratification. If what they get appears to be a positive gain for them, they will go for it. Why spend time doing a little extra legwork for bigger profit when you can just get half of it now and still get what you want?

[quote name='croqoa']This is the reason I am no longer able to leave my apartment.

Want to get Chipotle? Costs $16 since I need to get Chipotle on the way home.[/QUOTE]

Haha thanks for the good laugh...because its so true :)

[quote name='scarhawk']Because. Gamestop sucks (Well I guess that's my opinion....) and so Cash >> GS credit.[/QUOTE]

If gamestop sucks, why the hell are you in a gamestop thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back