Gamestop -- Can I get a replacement for a game purchased online at a B&M store?

Draugr

CAGiversary!
I just picked up my mail, and one of the games I ordered online from Gamestop.com is loose inside its factory sealed box. I'm really anal about the condition of my games, so I want it replaced, but don't want to deal with RMA #'s and all that.

What's wrong with the game? Because if it's only because you are anal they can't help you at GS. :p

I think you can, but I have only tried a while ago at the only good GS I know.

[quote name='bigdaddy']What's wrong with the game? Because if it's only because you are anal they can't help you at GS. :p

I think you can, but I have only tried a while ago at the only good GS I know.[/quote]
Well the game is brand new and factory sealed, but the disc is loose. If I pick up the case, I can hear the disc banging around inside... It's going to be scrached up, you know, like some of the Halo 3 LE discs were, that's why I'm anal about it.

Ive taken used super scratched games I got from ebgames.com and exchanged them in the store for non destroyed working ones. Just bring in your receipt and tell them what happened and ask if you can exchange it for the same game.
I think it all depends on how nice your local employees are. If it doesnt work at one store, try another. There are bound to be a few within a 10 mile radius.

I brought the game to Gamestop and was told they would have open it to check and make sure it was damaged before they would replace it. I was pretty worried since Gamestop often trys to sell me slightly scratched and finger-printed display games as brand new, so I thought that I might be stuck with it, but it turns out it had a crack and they replaced it with no problems.

Thanks for the information guys. ;)

bread's done
Back