Gamestop Cheap PS2 10 for $15 or 10 for $7 (B&M only?)

CrimsonTribe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
86 (100%)
I walked into the local Gamestop and at the very front they had a bin with a bunch of used PS2 games, advertised as 10 for $15 on all PS2 games priced $1.99 or under and 10 for $7 on those $.99 or under.

I passed by another Gamestop and did not see the same deal, but this one was smaller and had fewer PS2 games. I haven't seen anything on gamestop.com yet. It wasn't clear if it stacks with PUR in some way.

It's not the greatest deal, but there might be some hidden gems or good combinations with other deals.

[quote name='CrimsonTribe']I walked into the local Gamestop and at the very front they had a bin with a bunch of used PS2 games, advertised as 10 for $15 on all PS2 games priced $1.99 or under and 10 for $7 on those $.99 or under.

I passed by another Gamestop and did not see the same deal, but this one was smaller and had fewer PS2 games. I haven't seen anything on gamestop.com yet. It wasn't clear if it stacks with PUR in some way.

It's not the greatest deal, but there might be some hidden gems or good combinations with other deals.[/QUOTE]

Is this the games only bin or are these games with cases and instructions

Just looking through the gamestop website at games 1.99 or less for PS2... there really isn't much...

Only one I really saw was Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver 2

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']What PS2 games are worth $1.99 or under? I'm legitimately curious.[/QUOTE]

Every sports game ever released . . . lol.

[quote name='Slappybob']Is this the games only bin or are these games with cases and instructions[/QUOTE]

It's probably YMMV, but it looked to me like an employee went through the PS2 shelves and pulled all the applicable games to put in the bin, so there were games with the generic Gamestop cases and some with cover art and instructions.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']What PS2 games are worth $1.99 or under? I'm legitimately curious.[/QUOTE]

I remember Dark Cloud being marked at $2 before. I loved that game.

Think I got most of the $0.99-$1.99 games from the previous B2G2 free sales, so I might be good at this point for games in that price range. Someone so should list all the $0.99 games that are worthy of being no more than a coaster. lol

Some gems:
Robotech Battlecry
XIII
Silent Scope (You can play/connect a USB mouse to a Playstation 2)
Frequency
Onimusha: Warlords (Have this as Genma Onimusha on my original xbox)

Any Madden, NFL, NBA, NCAA game outside of the current year.

I managed to grab Mister Mosquito from my local Gamestop, for 2$. Came in pristine condition (box, art, manual). Much better then 13$ on Amazon at least.

[quote name='Gosha']Theres actually some decent stuff in those bins if you don't mind disc only.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Found Blood Will Tell a few weeks ago disc only for $5. First time I've actually seen it anywhere.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yep. Found Blood Will Tell a few weeks ago disc only for $5. First time I've actually seen it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I just found this too. I looked online and did a search for every store within a 25 mile radius. I got 1 hit out of the 35+ stores in that range. Stopped in the store and they had the game complete and in perfect condition. Win!

Not related, but my store had a sign up saying April 2nd is the last day they will accept GC games or systems for trade-in (This was a franchise made sign, not from the store). Makes me wonder how much longer for PS2. Time to start drawing up the final list for wants and needs before these become more difficult to attain.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yep. Found Blood Will Tell a few weeks ago disc only for $5. First time I've actually seen it anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Ah.. I remember getting that game on release date and falling in love with it. It's a shame that some of the better PS2 titles are so bloody hard to come across.

bread's done
Back