Gamestop.com - 20% off all(?) in-stock handheld games

fritter

CAGiversary!
Found this on Twitter:
http://ht.ly/1GjQp
Enter the code 20HAND at checkout and get 20% any in-stock handheld game.
EDIT: The code is only valid for the first 2000 customers, and expires May 4.
EDIT2: This code might only work on new games. Also, make sure the game is in stock (not pre-order).

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird, it says it expires 5/4/2010. They just tweeted it about 40 minutes ago.
EDIT:I just tried it in my cart, it says it expires in March, but it still takes 20% off. Also, it's valid only for the first 2000 customers.

I just added Pokemon Soul Silver to my cart, entered the code, and it's showing $8.00 off. I don't know why it's not working for anyone else.

[quote name='fritter']I just added Pokemon Soul Silver to my cart, entered the code, and it's showing $8.00 off. I don't know why it's not working for anyone else.[/QUOTE]

haha I have no idea. I have cag16 and Edge working, but that one won't work.

It was working for me earlier. It might not stack with anything else. But there really aren't that many games in stock (DS at least) so there weren't too many good deals to be had. Don't know about PSP games.

EDIT: seems like it's only working on new games, but I could be wrong.

I just tried :ds: New Super Mario Bros. and it worked fine.

My guess is people are trying to get the coupon to work with pre-orders or out of stock items.

its not working on used games, when i saw that it worked with cag16 and edge on i figured it wasn't formatted for used titles. Sent gamestop a message, hopefully they switch it to include used/ but forget to make it unstackable with cag16.

mathwise it would be
20% off edge cag 16
.8 x .9 x .84 = .6048

1 - .6048 = 39.52% off WOOT

[quote name='An J0e']its not working on used games, when i saw that it worked with cag16 and edge on i figured it wasn't formatted for used titles. Sent gamestop a message, hopefully they switch it to include used/ but forget to make it unstackable with cag16.

mathwise it would be
20% off edge cag 16
.8 x .9 x .84 = .6048

1 - .6048 = 39.52% off WOOT[/QUOTE]

Let us know if that happens. I'm waiting to order Disgaea for PSP

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']Let us know if that happens. I'm waiting to order Disgaea for PSP[/QUOTE]

no reply yet. heading to store, but my phone has email, so ill post the reply i get as soon as i get it.

edit [ for those who didn't know they have some used pokemon silver/gold for ds they just don't have the pictures up for them. search with both words together to find them ie: heartgold soulsilver : it says game only idk if that means no box, or no figurine thing. $28 compared to $40 new]

[quote name='An J0e']no reply yet. heading to store, but my phone has email, so ill post the reply i get as soon as i get it.

edit [ for those who didn't know they have some used pokemon silver/gold for ds they just don't have the pictures up for them. search with both words together to find them ie: heartgold soulsilver : it says game only idk if that means no box, or no figurine thing. $28 compared to $40 new][/QUOTE]

Store has different deals than online :( they'll look at you like you have two heads lol

P.s. Game only likely means it doesn't come with the Poke'walker thingy

[quote name='An J0e']no reply yet. heading to store, but my phone has email, so ill post the reply i get as soon as i get it.

edit [ for those who didn't know they have some used pokemon silver/gold for ds they just don't have the pictures up for them. search with both words together to find them ie: heartgold soulsilver : it says game only idk if that means no box, or no figurine thing. $28 compared to $40 new][/QUOTE]

and no walking pokemon thingie that you can transfer your steps into the game

Here it is, with my question after it.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

If you would like, go ahead and place the order. Reply with your order
number and we will manually credit your account with the discount. We
apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this
email.

Best regards,
Travis
Customer Service Agent

Original Message Follows: ------------------------

Hi, i attempted to use the code 20hand on a used game for the DS, and
the code didn't apply to the item. I added a few other things to the
cart to check; the code doesn't seem to work with used DS titles. Is this
code only meant to be on new hand held games, because it describes the
deal as:

"20% off all in-stock DS & PSP titles. Valid for first 2,000 customers
only. Expires 11:59 am on 3/25/10."

the date is also wrong so i was wondering if it this may be wrong as well.
Thank you.
now i'm wondering if i should use cag16 and edge and then email the order, to see if they will add on 20% off on top of it.

I would've used this for Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, but I couldn't then stack my $10 coupon from GTA: Episodes from Liberty City on top of it. That would've been quite awesome.

I blame the ECA Amazon code stackers. ;)

Here is the back and forth i had with gamestop CS

ordered (with cag16 and 20hand)
1 : sent how i ordered it and asked for 20 in addition or to replace cag16 discount with 20% off
2 : CS said they can't stack so thats why the code didn't work
3 : i asked could he alter the order to give me 20% off instead of 16% from cag and explained why i assumed it would work or if i should cancel that order and send him anouther with only hand20 so that he could give me the discount.
4 : as a one time event we just gave you the discount and took $10 off your order sry for the inconvenience.
5 : i said than you and have a nice day :D

question, how long does it normally take for them to change your order, because both the order, and my edge amount are the same (and it was a few hours ago).

Ok- just had all kinds of crazy things happen with this code. 1st- I put in 20HAND it took %20 percent off of my order of Formula One for PSP ($29.98) (Taking off 6 bucks) 2nd I added my $10 Coupon from my Demons Souls order. This registered as an additional %20 percent off instead of $10. I then added free shipping. But, at the confirmation page it stated I couldn't have the "20Hand" coupon (guess it has expired?) but registered my initial $10 off coupon as $20 off. Giving me "Formula One 2009" NEW for the PSP for $9.98 + Free shipping. Tax and all $10.70 !! So, to recap my $10 off coupon went from $10 off- %20 off to $20 off. Crazy Coupons.

bread's done
Back