gamestop.com all 360 family games now 1/2 off

[quote name='ttocshsoj']Just discovered this and decided that it deserved a new thread.[/QUOTE]

...and a link.

[quote name='Mysterio']...and a link.[/QUOTE]

new here, can't post links yet.

also just went through all of the family games and it seems to be working with:

ice age dawn of the dinosaurs
planet 51
cloudy with a chance of meatballs
rock band lego
bakugan
spongebob truth or square
chaotic shadow warriors
cars race o rama

[quote name='BarrettSan']As many have noted, this works with Lego Rock Band.[/QUOTE]
yes but now it's working with these other games as well

Wouldn't you think it would also work for Hasbro Family Game Night? My girlfriend would enjoy that board game collection, but definitely not worth full price of $40.

everytime I try to add a game to the cart in internet explorer it says page load error, but turns out it works if I use mozilla. glad i figured it out now, too bad i didn't figure it out sooner, up to this point I just assumed it meant the item was sold out. >>

[quote name='legendoffanboy']everytime I try to add a game to the cart in internet explorer it says page load error, but turns out it works if I use mozilla. glad i figured it out now, too bad i didn't figure it out sooner, up to this point I just assumed it meant the item was sold out. >>[/QUOTE]

Why are you even using Internet Explorer? Are you a cyborg ninja?

[quote name='legendoffanboy']everytime I try to add a game to the cart in internet explorer it says page load error, but turns out it works if I use mozilla. glad i figured it out now, too bad i didn't figure it out sooner, up to this point I just assumed it meant the item was sold out. >>[/QUOTE]

Their website programmers have some issues it seems. Stuff like this often happens when you leave weird old deals in your cart with a code still attached or something. I've been able to get around it by just deleting all the cookies from gamestop.com and then adding something to my cart to kind of reset it, but of course ymmv.

[quote name='fcw3']Where are you finding this ? Anyone know if Band Hero is available on this ?[/QUOTE]

To get the deals you just add a eligible game to your cart. I cant find a list of titles or explanation of this deal anywhere on the gamestop site.

[quote name='7thton']Looks like this is dead....unless I'm missing something.[/QUOTE]

You are. You have to add the game to your cart for it to work. The 50% off will show up then.

I ordered Lego Rock Band like 10 minutes ago and it worked fine. Still waiting on my confirmation email tho.

I tried getting Lego Rock Band yesterday at this price, and after I ordered it, it went to full price and that is what they charged me. Freaking BS

Rock Band: LEGO Xbox 360
Update Please enter a valid quantity.
Usually Ships In 24 Hours
$49.99
clear.gif
clear.gif

$49.99
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
BF11 - Buy any new in-stock Xbox 360 game, get 50% off any new Xbox 360 Family Game. - Rock Band: LEGO
- $25.00
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif
clear.gif
Sub-Total: $24.99
clear.gif
clear.gif
checkout_line.gif

BF11 - Buy any new in-stock Xbox 360 game, get 50% off any new Xbox 360 Family Game. - Rock Band: LEGO

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hpv']Anyone know of some really cheap filler for free shipping?[/QUOTE]

Just show all and sort by price, find the cheapest $1 item. Adding Triple play 2002 for original xbox was 99 cents.

Aww, figures, I get stuck at work when good deals like this pop up. Network is slow, so nothing will load when I try to log in on gamestop or add games to the cart. I will have to try again later, bah.

You don't even need filler. I got the free value shipping at $24.99 plus tax. The item is $49.99 in the cart and then $25 taken off so it works without having to add anything.

[quote name='steelcurtain187']I tried getting Lego Rock Band yesterday at this price, and after I ordered it, it went to full price and that is what they charged me. Freaking BS[/QUOTE]

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I tried it again this morning and it actually showed the correct total on the final order summary page this time.

[quote name='vermadas']Yeah, same thing happened to me. I tried it again this morning and it actually showed the correct total on the final order summary page this time.[/QUOTE]
Maybe I will have to try it again

[quote name='vermadas']Yeah, same thing happened to me. I tried it again this morning and it actually showed the correct total on the final order summary page this time.[/QUOTE]
I just tried again and it worked for me this time too. I got Left 4 Dead 2 for $39.99, and then the Lego Rock Band game for $24.99. Excellent deals there :D

[quote name='redsoxfan808']Any chance that we can exchange an online xbox 360 game purchase in store for a PS3 version? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
yes, just make sure you bring the packing slip with you.

[quote name='spree4567']You don't even need filler. I got the free value shipping at $24.99 plus tax. The item is $49.99 in the cart and then $25 taken off so it works without having to add anything.[/QUOTE]

Yep, worked for me. Thanks OP, picked up Lego Rock Band!

[quote name='hpv']Why are you even using Internet Explorer? Are you a cyborg ninja?[/QUOTE]

"No one can tell me that one cyber ninja can defeat so many of the Dark Overlord's mecha by himself!"

I tried ordering Spongebob, Chaotic, Bakugan, Cars and Planet 51. They have cancelled all buy Planet 51 so far. Planet 51 is still showing as pending for now.

Ordered Spongebob yesterday for $20. They sent me an e-mail this morning canceling my order and offered a $10 off coupon code for my hassle.

god gamestop is terrible. mine just got cancelled as well. i realize that just ordering a family game by itself and getting the discount was an error, but it was their error and they should have accepted their screw up by taking the hit, fixing the glitch, and moving on.

Well, I mentioned earlier Planet 51 was still pending. They did honor that one. It is showing as shipped now. No clue why that one, the newest one, went and the others got denied. The main one I was interested in was Spongebob... Oh well. I got the $10 coupon tonight too. Here is the body of the email for those interested:

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to a coupon system error, one or more orders have been canceled. Please accept our sincere apology for this error and a coupon for $10 off your next GameStop.com order for the inconvenience.

To take advantage of the $10 off coupon, simply enter the following code during checkout:

Coupon:

Please note that this single use code will not apply to gift cards or video game consoles.

Thank you for your business, and we look forward to serving you again!

Best Regards,
GameStop.com Customer Service

bread's done
Back