Gamestop.com B2G1 Glitch!! Buy any combo of PS2/GC consoles, get any used game free!!

mgriff

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Not sure if this will ring anyone's bell....

Add any combination of 2 Refurb PS2/Gamecube consoles $29.99 each, add ANY used game for ANY system, highest used game prices seem to top out at 54.99, the game will be the free item.

Therefore you could potentially purchase 2 PS2s and/or Gamecubes and a $54.99 used game for $60...:hot:

Gamestop Refurb PS2 link
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/consoles/playstation-2-system-gamestop-refurbished/36743

Gamestop Refurb Gamecube link
http://www.gamestop.com/gc/consoles/gamecube-system-gamestop-refurbished/36647

ALSO WORKS WITH IPODS!!!
Cheapest Ones...Add 1 of each to cart...

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 512mb (GS Refurb) 12.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908063

Ipod Shuffle 1st Gen 1gb (GS Refurb) 14.99
https://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/productDetails.aspx?sku=908064

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mattcube64']Charizard!!! :)

... Yeah, this is just incredible. Lol, even with this insane glitch, Gamestop still can't manage to pull me in. I just know the PlayStation 2 system is going to be in garbage condition and likely with off-brand accessories, I expect Skyrim would show up scratched to hell, and the shuffle would have just been flipped right back to the store. I just couldn't will myself to deal with the hassle.

Good luck to those getting in... but I think I'm gonna pass.[/QUOTE]

Herro! I'm passing as well, especially now that the Gen 1s are gone.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']if my original order goes thru, I'm thinking it'll be cancelled as I placed a second one to purposely try to cancel out the first (both were made with credit). but we'll see what happens, if it goes thru I'll get ahold of you[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! Much appreciated.

Many thanks to the OP for finding and posting this here. I see this was cross-posted on SD, which no doubt accelerated the sell out time of the cheaper models.

Well if anyone that did order an ipod has their order cancelled, please post here. I might still get a cheap ipod any way. Might get Heavy Rain and something else with it.

I see how the glitch works. Hardware can't be the free item (look at the terms). They might understand this can cause a glitch, and they just have the back end check it(to see if any price errors occur) after the order is submitted causing it to be voided. We'll probably find out more in the morning. It doesn't exclude hardware from the deal unless it would have been the free item.

[quote name='winterlane']Anyone else not receive an email confirmation? There's no record in my order history, either.[/QUOTE]

yeah nothing showing for me either

Just bought 2 4gb ipod mini's and Skyrim for $50+shipping+tax.

I'm planning on trying to hunt down a copy of Skybrim at GS because I know the online one I'll recieve will be beat up. I just hope the ipods work because I could actually use them.

Has anyone here every had an experience buying refurbished gamestop ipods?

i was really tempted to do this. would've came out to 52 bucks for 2 ipod shuffles (2nd gen) and Skyrim but im gonna pass. goodluck to those who tried and hopefully your order goes through.

[quote name='DCpinoy']i was really tempted to do this. would've came out to 52 bucks for 2 ipod shuffles (2nd gen) and Skyrim but im gonna pass. goodluck to those who tried and hopefully your order goes through.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost tempted to put in a second order, but I think I'll just stick with one. The people who got in on the $12.99 and $14.99 ipods really made out well (assuming these orders go through).

I just hope its not too much trouble exchanging these items in store if necessary. Do gamestops carry a lot of ipods in their stores? I've never even noticed them.

The ipod minis I bought were released in 2005, so for all I know someone has been using them at the gym every day for 6+ years.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm almost tempted to put in a second order, but I think I'll just stick with one. The people who got in on the $12.99 and $14.99 ipods really made out well (assuming these orders go through).

I just hope its not too much trouble exchanging these items in store if necessary. Do gamestops carry a lot of ipods in their stores? I've never even noticed them.

The ipod minis I bought were released in 2005, so for all I know someone has been using them at the gym every day for 6+ years.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the ipod minis in general are pretty old now. thats why if anything, i would have gone with the shuffles instead. a little bit newer and more durable in my opinion. i had a lot of problems back then with my ipod mini.

[quote name='DCpinoy']yeah, the ipod minis in general are pretty old now. thats why if anything, i would have gone with the shuffles instead. a little bit newer and more durable in my opinion. i had a lot of problems back then with my ipod mini.[/QUOTE]

dammit, I wish I would have known this. I just saw the "4gb" and picked those not even realizing how old they were and that there is no way they have solid state drives.

I guess if they dont work and my game is scratched, I'll just return all three and call it a wash.

Ha. I'm talking as if I know for sure that my order isn't already cancelled.

Btw, to anyone buying a PS2. At my local store they converted all their new stock of PS2 slims to used. So they're going for 40 bucks with the seals intact and everything. Hope this helps out this that are 50/50. So if I had actually wanted a PS2, I feel it would be better to try and pick up a 40 dollar "used" slim. As opposed to picking up a 30 dollar fat from this.

Would've tried this on something if the 1st gen's were still in stock, but if I'm just going with the 2nd gen's, then there's not really anything I want bad enough to go through the hassle of flipping the ipods to make a return. :/

[quote name='BigPoeticCanine']Would've tried this on something if the 1st gen's were still in stock, but if I'm just going with the 2nd gen's, then there's not really anything I want bad enough to go through the hassle of flipping the ipods to make a return. :/[/QUOTE]

I guess for this glitch to be good anymore you need to want a $39.99+ game and also want a small used ipod or two. Not to mention probably having to go to GS B&M if you want a complete and non-refurbished game.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Not even on a pricing glitch does GameStop manage to have a very compelling deal lol[/QUOTE]

Lol, I know what you mean. I was thinking of picking up a used copy of Catherine, but none are available for PS3. :(

I would get a pre-owned controller for free, but I know it's going to be in shitty condition. If I do order these items, can I return them no hassle?

[quote name='winterlane']Anyone else not receive an email confirmation? There's no record in my order history, either.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what happened to me when they had that Dualshock 3 glitch for $19.99. Then I checked my spam folder, low and behold two emails from them were in that folder...

I emptied my cart because I have a feeling that a lot of these orders are going to get cancelled. If not, that's pretty awesome if your items come complete etc. I'll definitely check back, and see if people receive shipping confirmations etc.

I'll wait until I can get Catherine for $10. I have so many games to play through right now so it wouldn't even take a spin for a while.

[quote name='Vap']Not sure if anyone noticed but this works with all used systems.[/QUOTE]

Ya, if their psps' weren't so overpriced I'd be all over this.

placed 2 orders because i stupidly selected my credit card with old exp. date from the payment menu (had new one sent before old one exp) just in case the first gets canceled. But ya, got 2x 2gb ipod shuffles and saints row 3. The shuffles are not a bad idea for running/biking/whatever; i always hate biking with my ipod classic.

Backup GameCube + PS2 + Skyrim for $69.

I still can't pull the trigger.

I'm going to try to look for those PS2s converted to used today, though.

[quote name='blindinglights']Backup GameCube + PS2 + Skyrim for $69.

I still can't pull the trigger.

I'm going to try to look for those PS2s converted to used today, though.[/QUOTE]

This is good. I went for two Gen2 Shuffles and Skyrim for about $50 after tax & shipping. Cheaper than Skyrim's (inflated) used price.

Wife was wanting a shuffle for working out and i was needing a dual shock 3 controller, this deal will be perfect as long as it doesn't get cancelled

[quote name='Dragon138']Gamecube + PS2 slim + MW3 for $80. Trade in on MW3 $34.50. Two systems for around $22 aint too shabby.[/QUOTE]

MW3 trade in base is 23 that exta 12.50 is with the 40% extra trade in which ends on this sunday and the 10% PUR. But u can trade in MW3 on amazon for 31 for PS3 or 32 for XBox 360.

Btw i also got an order confirmation.

I was going to jump in on this but I noticed at checkout they charge tax on the pre-discount price and you have to pay for higher shipping if you want to be sure it arrives in time to flip the game to Amazon. (and you never know what condition the game will be in).

not really a good deal. mw3 would get you $35 and two ipod 2nd gen shuffles get you $10 each for trade in. So, after shipping and tax, you make about $5.

Meh. I screwed around with some ipod combos but there isn't really anything I want badly enough in terms of pricy used games. I already have Skyrim, Gears 3, Batman AC, etc. MW3 springs to mind but all I really want there is to play through the campaign at some point. I'll probably swing by some B&M stores and look for new/used PS2s for $40 but that's about it.

[quote name='sonderiaom']For what it's worth, I just tried to add 2 ipod nano's 1gb and battlefield 3 along with CAG16, and no glitch occured.[/QUOTE]

CAG16 negates any other deals

EDIT: And a follow-up to my last comment. Both my orders got confirmation (even the one with the wrong credit card info), yet neither got my trade balance I used towards one...yet now my trade balance is $0....

[quote name='shiftymcneely']not really a good deal. mw3 would get you $35 and two ipod 2nd gen shuffles get you $10 each for trade in. So, after shipping and tax, you make about $5.[/QUOTE]

That's trade ins.

uhh. I somehow got stuck in some crazy tab popup situation with that link. I added an ipod to the cart and it flipped out. Some deals thing kept popping up in the corner of the page too.

Showed the game as being free in my cart, but when I checked out, it showed me the whole total. =|

EDIT: Never mind, it's because in the process of going through with the deal the 512MB iPod Shuffle went out of stock again.

I tried out a used GameCube, PS2 & used NBA 2K12 which is $54.99 and it came out for free. $60 for all 3 seems good to me. Too bad my backlog is killer and dont have the space for these systems

[quote name='shiftymcneely']not really a good deal. mw3 would get you $35 and two ipod 2nd gen shuffles get you $10 each for trade in. So, after shipping and tax, you make about $5.[/QUOTE]

It's a decent deal for those looking for an expensive game along with gamestop refurbished ipods, ps2s, and/or gamecubes (to keep). For everyone else, it's not much of a deal.

bread's done
Back