Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probably just stick with CAG16/FEB2G1 stacking
Because don't you have to get the paid card to get 10% off?

Unfortunately I can't think of any games I really want right now

[quote name='Velo214']they have never given me a reason other then saying sometimes they ban people for 3 months if they go over $1000 in 3 months but it has been much longer then 3 months and all of my orders get canceled online if i use my card.[/QUOTE]

When you say "go over $1000 in 3 months," are you talking about buying more than $1000 in merchandise online?

[quote name='blindinglights']If you still have one, expired Edge cards still work online, mine "died" last August.[/QUOTE]

So it does! Thanks for that, forgot to bother logging in. :)

1st Order:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS3) x 2 (one to flip at $32)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (360) x1 (one to flip at $32)

TOTAL: $53.99

2nd Order:
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) x1
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360) x 1
Donkey Kong Country Return (Wii) x1 (one to flip at $35)

TOTAL: $65.44

meh..probably should be flipping but I am trying to save even more money here

The ds games must have soldout fast earlier since there is nothing left there.

Bought DK Returns, Goldeneye, and COD Black Ops (PS3) for $67 before taxes. Its weird cag16 doesnt work on donkey kong but I cant complain getting them for around $25 a piece.

does anyone else have this issue?

Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• We're sorry, there was an issue with your shopping cart.
it says that, but it doesn't show what the issue is.

[quote name='frpilot']does anyone else have this issue?

Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

• We're sorry, there was an issue with your shopping cart.
it says that, but it doesn't show what the issue is.[/QUOTE]

I had that earlier. I just cleared out my whole cart then restarted and it went just fine.

[quote name='timbowman1']Will this work?
$3 nfl game (used)
$3 basketball game (used)
$49 used black ops (used) - free???

all for $6?[/QUOTE]

lol is that serious????

[quote name='AFarewell2Arms']I had that earlier. I just cleared out my whole cart then restarted and it went just fine.[/QUOTE]

i cleared all my cookies and what not. seems like it works now. weird, i have several games in my cart, but it is only taking the 10% powerup discount off 1 game. the 2 other games that my powerup isn't working on is dkcr and epic mickey. this is not my first time that promo codes such as my $10 off coupons and the 10% powerup card does not work for the "hot" games at gamestop.com; i guess the glitches make up for it but not this time since 2 games are not working.

it seems to give the lowest- costing item for free
edit: or the medium, im not sure how this works. anyone wanna explain this to me? :/

[quote name='timbowman1']it seems to give the lowest- costing item for free
edit: or the medium, im not sure how this works. anyone wanna explain this to me? :/[/QUOTE]

Cheapest item is free. Anytime you see a buy 1 get 1 or buy 2 get 1, the cheapest item is almost always free. Wouldn't make sense for a business to do it any other way.

[quote name='Velo214']god damn i hate gamestop.com. i tried everything i can and they still have me banned. i even moved to a new house but i guess they have my credit card banned. i even tried to use a diff. credit card and giftcards, but still banned...
i guess if this is still going tomorrow and my games are still in stock i can try to go get another gift card at gamestop and just giftcredit the whole thing anonymously, maybe have it sent to my work. goddamn i hate them banning me cuz i buy too much from their site last summer. what bs is that.

SORRY!
Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

i was trying for a cheap naughty bear/sega sonic racing and a deadliestcatch to flip, making it a b1g1 plus a lil extra off. oh wellz[/QUOTE]

Same problem here. So obnoxious. Basically: "Sorry, you're not allowed to give us any more money." :bomb:

[quote name='timbowman1']it seems to give the lowest- costing item for free
edit: or the medium, im not sure how this works. anyone wanna explain this to me? :/[/QUOTE]

Basically out of all the 3 used games you buy. The cheapest one is free.

Having the worst time trying to get SMG2, Epic Mickey and DKCR; only Mario gets ANY discount (PUR or CAG16) no matter how I add them or if I'm logged in/out. I'd sorta like to get that extra 26% on both other games before making the order :\

Also, there are 59 in-stock DS games. Approximately 1400 are not available online.

[quote name='blindinglights']
:ps2: Yakuza
:ps2: Yakuza 2
:ps3: Madden 10

$24.19 shipped

I was just getting ready to order Yakuza 1 & 2 yesterday and held off. Ended up getting both with Madden 10 for cheaper than they would have been together yesterday :).[/QUOTE]
I wish you luck, it's really hard to get a working copy of Yakuza 2 used from GameStop. Took me 3 copies to get one. Many others have had the same problem with the game. One of my copies was even broken in half in the middle. But the game's worth it, just keep on GameStop.

Almost bought two games online from gamestop earlier this week. I still a hesitation like others in this thread since I like complete copies as well.

Thanks OP. My backlog thanks you for more clutter, and my wallet is upset but not nearly as upset as it should have been. DragonAge, Uncharted, & Uncharted 2 for me.

[quote name='Tom Jane']Same problem here. So obnoxious. Basically: "Sorry, you're not allowed to give us any more money." :bomb:[/QUOTE]

ahhh same here, the work around that i've tried is getting friends to order for me and have it sent to their house. but the thing is they have to have the powerup card for the extra 10% and those who have it all got banned too. damn you Gamestop.

Usually against flipping, but I have a copy of BlOps already, might flip it to Amazon (to beat out everyone waiting for theirs to be shipped, which might wreck trade-in value), but worried about the quality of the one I'd be getting. It'd be nice to have a GC to put towards SMAS. :/

Does anyone have any experience when ordering used from their website?

What condition are there games typically in? I know in-store can be pretty crappy.

Usually the games work, however lots of times you can't install the game or it just flat out freezes. Whenever that happens I just get gamefly going and they send me a copy and I just swap the discs. The copies from gamefly are like brand new compared to the crappy Gamestop ones.

LBP2, New Vegas, and AC:Brotherhood for 65$ bucks. I'm very happy. :)

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']Usually the games work, however lots of times you can't install the game or it just flat out freezes. Whenever that happens I just get gamefly going and they send me a copy and I just swap the discs. The copies from gamefly are like brand new compared to the crappy Gamestop ones.

LBP2, New Vegas, and AC:Brotherhood for 65$ bucks. I'm very happy. :)[/QUOTE]
Do they typically come with cases?

[quote name='Buuhan1']I wish you luck, it's really hard to get a working copy of Yakuza 2 used from GameStop. Took me 3 copies to get one. Many others have had the same problem with the game. One of my copies was even broken in half in the middle. But the game's worth it, just keep on GameStop.[/QUOTE]

I figured it was worth a shot after looking at the eBay prices. I'm going on a trip next Monday and will be passing about 18 GameStops, so I was planning on stopping from store to store until I get all the manuals/books. I guess I will check the game to see if it works before I leave and if not hopefully I can swap it somewhere along the way, thanks for the tip.

How often does gamestop restock games for online purchase?

Deathsmiles went out of stock and was deleted from my cart just as I was getting ready to check out!

Would have got Deathsmiles, Sakura Wars Wii and Sonic Genesis collection PS3 for about $30!!

how easy is it to get a missing manual or swap cases with a gamestop store-

what is it that you say so their not douche bags and refuse you??

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']what is up with charging tax on the original purchase price. yuk. deal killer and can you call to have them correct the charge?[/QUOTE]

check your order page if you placed an order. Mine automatically was adjusted down.

[quote name='youenvy']how easy is it to get a missing manual or swap cases with a gamestop store-

what is it that you say so their not douche bags and refuse you??[/QUOTE]

Probably hit or miss with the store, but I've generally had luck the few times I've done it. One time I got a bad manager, who claimed it would hurt his business from his customers (which I actually understand, but hey, I'm a customer, too.) He eventually did it as a "one-time thing." Never went back to that Gamestop.

I suppose if they don't do it you could just dump the games on them with a receipt and a return (you have 30 days). But you'd probably have to return all 3.

[quote name='Velo214']yeah i have used my gf's account n she doesnt have an edge card. i used a anonymous gift card and it worked great. i did the same thing from her account but tried using the 10%/credit on my powerup card and those 2 orders were canceled. they have never given me a reason other then saying sometimes they ban people for 3 months if they go over $1000 in 3 months but it has been much longer then 3 months and all of my orders get canceled online if i use my card. if i ask them in store they say that some customers can't order online and that i should just buy in store. but prices are higher in store and they dont have the stacking deals/glitches like this one. it's just fuckn bs is all it is. im glad i dont have that $600 gamestop credit anymore. i just gotta finish my credit and forget that gamestop exists.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's banned by billing address, not prorewards/edge card. Last time they did this to me, i had my friend place the order on his credit card, and i got the 10% discount from my prorewards card and they didn't cancel the order. I did choose not to use my credit though, only the discount. Hopefully that's the difference between a cancellation and the order going through.

When i tried using credit, it wouldn't even let me process the order. The best part was when i called them to bitch, they said that it was my credit card company declining the charge, but i explained to them that i was only using gamestop credit, so it had nothing to do with the credit card company. The guy just kept repeating the same line about my credit card company. I guess they aren't allowed to tell you why they are banned. The only reason i could think i got banned is i took advantage of the Fable b2g1 glitch in store, and the manager got real pissy. Can in store employees ban my account? Can any Gamestop employees shed light on this?

Wouldn't have bit except for the fact that the codes stack! Got God of War 3, Resistance 2, and Tales of Vesperia for $47.88 after B1G1, CAG16, SAVER, and Power Up Rewards.

Thanks OP!

I went ultra cheap and order once. And for the 360 I got...

Gears of War 2
Resident Evil 5
Blazing Angels

I played Blazing Angels 2 and have never played any of the GOW's. And it was $15.81 shipped.

I ordered GoW3 on Sunday, so it shipped yesterday after I noticed this thread:(. I placed another order for GoW3, MK v DC, and Left 4 Dead and it went though fine. Then I remembered that I've been wanting to get Halo Reach, SMG1, and NSMBW so I ordered those as well and now that order is under review:(.

[quote name='chbong']Coupon not stackable now, :(. Seem like they fix the glitch.[/QUOTE]

Just found this myself. Stacks gone :(

[quote name='chbong']Coupon not stackable now, :(. Seem like they fix the glitch.[/QUOTE]

Glad I got in yesterday night then.

Donkey Kong Returns (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Kingdom Hearts, Birth By Sleep (PSP)

All for about $72. Too bad edge/cag16 wasn't stacking with DKR, but this is still a pretty good deal.

[quote name='10kdragon']ahhh same here, the work around that i've tried is getting friends to order for me and have it sent to their house. but the thing is they have to have the powerup card for the extra 10% and those who have it all got banned too. damn you Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

So you guys who have been banned - how many orders are too many? I've had quite a few orders so far this year; now I'm getting worried!

[quote name='JeriKu']Does anyone have any experience when ordering used from their website?

What condition are there games typically in? I know in-store can be pretty crappy.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered a lot of things. Mine almost always come with the original case, 80% of the time they have the insert, and 50% of the time the disc is what I'd consider acceptable condition. Acceptable condition, as in I wouldn't have any problems reselling it on eBay later. About 25% of those times, I take it into their physical store and swap out the disc...the other times I just keep it. It depends how good of a deal I got on it.

PS3 games are usually in much better condition than the xBox or Wii games. Almost all the xBox/Wii games I get from them have been "reconditioned" and have the little marks from the reconditioning machine (or whatever it's called) and/or they have the "Defective, return to warehouse" sticker (although they try to cover it up with a plain white sticker, you can still see through it!). Sometimes I wonder if they have ANY xBox discs in the warehouse that aren't defective returns.

It's nice that they fixed the FEB2G1 code to work properly, but still don't feel the need to fix the PowerUp discount so it applies to all games (Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM, DKC Returns, and Bejeweled Twist are all invulnerable to discounts). When I emailed them about this, emphasizing that the games were both USED and IN STOCK, they responded telling me to make sure the games in my cart were used. Freaking idiots.

Vanquish :360:
Metro 2033 :360:
Pokepark :wii:

All in my cart for $60 shipped... tempting, but aside from Pokepark which is for my kid none of the games will be played anytime soon.

For some reason I can't get the PowerUp Rewards 10% off to apply to any PS2 games. And CAG16 doesn't seem to be working with PS2 games (and I am not talking about in reference to the B2G1F on that, I mean in general no codes are working on PS2 games. It's like the system isn't counting them used for some reason.)

bread's done
Back