Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='imacjenn']So you guys who have been banned - how many orders are too many? I've had quite a few orders so far this year; now I'm getting worried![/QUOTE]

It's actually completely dependent on who is the person to actually process your order.

I make tons of orders in a year from the website, and many orders have been multiple orders as well, but I had never been banned up until November of last year.

I find this strange since the orders I created weren't out of the ordinary from usual, so I decided to call them up and see what's up.

Basically what I was told, was that there is a department right before your order gets shipped off to the warehouse, where they look over the order, and history, and so on, and then gives the okay.

Apparently in my case, the person who was reviewing my order before it went to the warehouse was a new guy, and he saw my orders, saw the multiple items, and then shut me down because he thought I was a reseller.

But the guy from CS looked over my history and understands that I order quite often, and from time to time, have ordered multiple copies, and what not. And I doubt this, but they "checked" I am a residential, and not a business address.

In the end, they fixed everything up for me, and I have had no problems since then.

They always had people reviewing orders before they sent them to the warehouse, it's just now, they actually send the message out to people, if you're ordering too much, that if you're a reseller, they're watching.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry too much. Even if it happens, just call them up and see what's up.

[quote name='Rozz']For some reason I can't get the PowerUp Rewards 10% off to apply to any PS2 games. And CAG16 doesn't seem to be working with PS2 games (and I am not talking about in reference to the B2G1F on that, I mean in general no codes are working on PS2 games. It's like the system isn't counting them used for some reason.)[/QUOTE]

Wow, just tried that out, and I got to say, that's a little bit weird. :eek:

I ordered some GC games last night, and it worked on those, but not on PS2 games.

Weird indeed.

They canceled two of my orders, but processed the other 3. They canceled the two that cost me the smallest amount of money, so I just replaced the one order and will pass on the smallest order.

I ordered (all for 360):
Fable III
Kinect Sports
Forza 3/Halo: ODST double pack
Medal of Honor
NBA Jam
Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete
Just Cause 2
Saints Row Double Pack
Red Dead Redemption
Borderlands
Rock Band 2
Just Cause

TOTAL: $208.33 (17.36$ per game)
GIFT CARDS: $128.00
OUT OF POCKET: $80.33 (6.69$ per game)

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']None of these prices are all that great considering you get refurbished trash and case less carts from the gamestop warehouse.[/QUOTE]

Well that's your opinion, but obviously a lot of people disagree.

oh wells, now that codes don't stack i'll just wait for a gamestop brick and mortar b2g1 free since powerup rewards discount is not working on their website for games i want. comes out to almost the same anyways, and i can pick and choose good condition stuff if it's in stock.

Why would they disable stacking? I never understood that, the stacking is what makes us rush to these sales at breakneck speeds, ah well, no more games for me.

[quote name='Squarehard']It's actually completely dependent on who is the person to actually process your order.

I make tons of orders in a year from the website, and many orders have been multiple orders as well, but I had never been banned up until November of last year.

I find this strange since the orders I created weren't out of the ordinary from usual, so I decided to call them up and see what's up.

Basically what I was told, was that there is a department right before your order gets shipped off to the warehouse, where they look over the order, and history, and so on, and then gives the okay.

Apparently in my case, the person who was reviewing my order before it went to the warehouse was a new guy, and he saw my orders, saw the multiple items, and then shut me down because he thought I was a reseller.

But the guy from CS looked over my history and understands that I order quite often, and from time to time, have ordered multiple copies, and what not. And I doubt this, but they "checked" I am a residential, and not a business address.

In the end, they fixed everything up for me, and I have had no problems since then.

They always had people reviewing orders before they sent them to the warehouse, it's just now, they actually send the message out to people, if you're ordering too much, that if you're a reseller, they're watching.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry too much. Even if it happens, just call them up and see what's up. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for the explanation. I guess it makes sense they would do things this way, but to read posts on here it seems like a lot of people get banned unnecessarily. You'd think they would send a warning or something first, since it seems so permanent.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']It's nice that they fixed the FEB2G1 code to work properly, but still don't feel the need to fix the PowerUp discount so it applies to all games (Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM, DKC Returns, and Bejeweled Twist are all invulnerable to discounts). When I emailed them about this, emphasizing that the games were both USED and IN STOCK, they responded telling me to make sure the games in my cart were used. Freaking idiots.[/QUOTE]
And that is why you just call like I did. I just got off the phone with a "David" and asked why DKCR wasn't allowing the PUR discount. He didn't have an answer but did say that I could place the order and call back fifteen minutes later and they could manually apply it.

Although now that the other codes aren't stacking I'm going to pass. If I would've known that yesterday I would've pulled the trigger on that, AC:B and Kirby's Epic Yarn. Not only was I having a problem with the DK discount but while trying to figure it out AC:B went out of stock. And now the codes don't stack. Ugh.

Great Heavy Rain just went out of stock. I was just about to buy it too. Any one think it will get back in stock before the deal is over?

[quote name='ravens52bears54']And that is why you just call like I did. I just got off the phone with a "David" and asked why DKCR wasn't allowing the PUR discount. He didn't have an answer but did say that I could place the order and call back fifteen minutes later and they could manually apply it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was the "solution" I got too. I didn't feel like explaining to them how that also meant that other codes (ie. CAG16) couldn't be applied to those games either. Gotta love that rather than just fixing their shit, they're asking people to call in to get a discount that we pay for. My guess is they're hoping most people just won't bother with it. These are the reasons I don't feel bad for screwing GS when I get the chance.

[quote name='daminion']Vanquish :360:
Metro 2033 :360:
Pokepark :wii:

All in my cart for $60 shipped... tempting, but aside from Pokepark which is for my kid none of the games will be played anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

You should drop whatever you're playing and make a point to pop in Metro 2033 if you buy it. It's one of the best games of this generation.

[quote name='Reo 15x']Great Heavy Rain just went out of stock. I was just about to buy it too. Any one think it will get back in stock before the deal is over?[/QUOTE]

It might. Yesterday, many ps3 games went out of stock and then around 7:30 p.m. pst, many went up like Red Dead Redemption.

[quote name='JeriKu']Do they typically come with cases?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, usually. It's like 1/10 games for me that it doesn't come in it's natural case but instead a random gamestop box.

SAVER may not stack, but GameStop is offering free shipping/handling on any orders with 2 or more items (though I think you might only need 2, not sure). CAG16 isn't too much of a loss on this sale, for me anyways. :/ EDGE cards still work.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']SAVER may not stack, but GameStop is offering free shipping/handling on any orders with 2 or more items (though I think you might only need 2, not sure). CAG16 isn't too much of a loss on this sale, for me anyways. :/ EDGE cards still work.[/QUOTE]

It helps when they tag on that $3.22 per game tax on us.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']It helps when they tag on that $3.22 per game tax on us.[/QUOTE]

The tax will vary based on the price of the games and your local tax rate. It isn't a flat $3.22 per game, and it isn't up to gamestop what to charge for tax.

Deathsmiles came back in stock! :applause:

Since CAG16 did not stack but powerup pro card did I ended up with

Deathsmiles - $16.19
Sakura Wars Wii - $16.19
Sonic Genesis Collection PS3 - FREE!

Tax was $2.10 F/S to Nebraska

A savings of over $20 compared to used from Amazon.

[quote name='Fonz72']Deathsmiles came back in stock! :applause:

Since CAG16 did not stack but powerup pro card did I ended up with

Deathsmiles - $16.19
Sakura Wars Wii - $16.19
Sonic Genesis Collection PS3 - FREE!

Tax was $2.10 F/S to Nebraska

A savings of over $20 compared to used from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'll keep my fingers crossed the actual disc/case aren't cracked and/or absolutely obliterated with sticker residue!

Quick question: If you order and receive a game from their online store, how would a return work? Can I take a game back to a GS for my money back or only credit?

Interesting, yesterday I purchased 3 games and the FEB2G1 stacked with my Edge card and CAG16. I since merged my account and now I can only stack FEB2G1 with Powerup Pro only. Glad I purchased before I merged my accounts.

Of course, I am a little concerned that my games still have not shipped even though I ordered yesterday afternoon. Sure hope they don't cancel my order.

[quote name='Luxuria']Quick question: If you order and receive a game from their online store, how would a return work? Can I take a game back to a GS for my money back or only credit?[/QUOTE]
You can get your money back either way, cash or credit

I rolled the dice on the deal.

I picked up

Mega Man X8
Mega Man X Command Mission
and
RIIIIDGE RAAACER on PSP.

All for about 16 and some change. I figure why the hell not, worst thing that could happen is I have to go to a store to exchange them, there are a few close by so it's not a big deal.

[quote name='Brother Daz']You can get your money back either way, cash or credit[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks! I don't know why I had understood that you can only get it back in GS credit. Was just wondering since I purchased 2 games 3 days before this promotion and wanted to order them again but with a third game this time, and just return the old order to the store for my money back.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Interesting, yesterday I purchased 3 games and the FEB2G1 stacked with my Edge card and CAG16. I since merged my account and now I can only stack FEB2G1 with Powerup Pro only. Glad I purchased before I merged my accounts.[/QUOTE]

They fixed that this morning. CAG16 was never supposed to stack with FEB2G1 (terms stated it could not be combined with other offers). It was a glitch, but one that they seem to be honoring. It had nothing to do with you merging your accounts though. If you got orders in yesterday, you should be good.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']They fixed that this morning. CAG16 was never supposed to stack with FEB2G1 (terms stated it could not be combined with other offers). It was a glitch, but one that they seem to be honoring. It had nothing to do with you merging your accounts though. If you got orders in yesterday, you should be good.[/QUOTE]
Did your order ship?

[quote name='da big p']UC2
AA (PS3)
LBP2

$71.xx after S/H + Tax + CAG16 promo

Thanks OP, needed to work on my PS3 backlog[/QUOTE]

I could get all three for $45. That's what you get when you deal with GameStop.

[quote name='sadboy']Did your order ship?[/QUOTE]

I made two orders yesterday that stacked CAG16, Edge and FEB2G1 and they already shipped with confirmations.

I'm surprised they honored the triple stack from yesterday. They must really need the sales. I was lucky enough to have it work on DKC and a couple BlOps.

When I turn a game into gamestop, do i need to have the receipt? Also, can i trade it for cash? What are the average prices that they will give for games?

[quote name='timbowman1']When I turn a game into gamestop, do i need to have the receipt? Also, can i trade it for cash? What are the average prices that they will give for games?[/QUOTE]
Check out this thread, it should answer all your questions

Crap. I'm not sure what's up then. Mine got flagged and is still pending even after more than a day later.

[quote name='guessed']The tax will vary based on the price of the games and your local tax rate. It isn't a flat $3.22 per game, and it isn't up to gamestop what to charge for tax.[/QUOTE]
Oh I know, I was mainly speaking of the games I was trying to order, which were $32.00 each, all I am saying is that the stacking helps because of tax in my case since my tax shot the final total up by $10.xx, in general, it's almost like Gohastings.com and their per item shipping, just in this case the items are more expensive and less likely to come with original box and manual.

Anyone know if the DS games from their site still come with cases/manuals or is it like the stores that have thrown out all of the cases/manuals?

[quote name='Optical']Anyone know if the DS games from their site still come with cases/manuals or is it like the stores that have thrown out all of the cases/manuals?[/QUOTE]

It is a complete toss up.

[quote name='sadboy']Crap. I'm not sure what's up then. Mine got flagged and is still pending even after more than a day later.[/QUOTE]

Not too much to worry about there. Every order I do lately flags for confirmation. It sometimes takes a day or two but they always ship them out anyway. So I think you will have yours shipped as well.

[quote name='Squarehard']It is a complete toss up.[/QUOTE]
So it still is possible though? Hmm.. maybe I'll have to order DS games from their site then.

I just got my shipping notice. On the first day, I ordered:
:360: Bioshock
:360: Mass Effect 2
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

with CAG16, PUR, and FEB2G1

[quote name='Brownjohn']I just got my shipping notice. On the first day, I ordered:
:360: Bioshock
:360: Mass Effect 2
:360: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

with CAG16, PUR, and FEB2G1[/QUOTE]

Why such a bad range of prices?

my 2 orders shipped!!

1st Order:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS3) x 2 (one to flip at $32)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (360) x1 (one to flip at $32)

TOTAL: $53.99

2nd Order:
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) x1
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360) x 1
Donkey Kong Country Return (Wii) x1 (one to flip at $35)

TOTAL: $65.44

Is the glitch that it shows the game as free? I just put GTA4 in my cart and it shows that I want one copy of it, but it lists its price ($17.99), but the subtotal of it is $0.00

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']my 2 orders shipped!!

1st Order:
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (PS3) x 2 (one to flip at $32)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 (360) x1 (one to flip at $32)

TOTAL: $53.99

2nd Order:
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3) x1
Call of Duty: Black Ops (360) x 1
Donkey Kong Country Return (Wii) x1 (one to flip at $35)

TOTAL: $65.44[/QUOTE]

How dare you buy up games to flip

[quote name='BmBoWnZ']How dare you buy up games to flip[/QUOTE]

meh originally they werent meant to flip...the only intentional flip was DK. The Narutos were for friends but turns out they dont want the game anymore

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']meh originally they werent meant to flip...the only intentional flip was DK. The Narutos were for friends but turns out they dont want the game anymore[/QUOTE]

Lol I could care less.. I just know someone who didn't get their game will attack someone like you

bread's done
Back