Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my orders from last night using FEB2G1, Edge and CAG16 are now shipped!
Order #1
Halo 3:ODST
Call of Juarez
Wanted:Weapons of Fate

$23.82

Order #2
Call of Juarez:Bound in Blood
Saints Row 2
WET

$28.58

After applying some credit and a little left over GC I paid $15 out of pocket. Older games but should keep my backlog plenty busy.

[quote name='Optical']So it still is possible though? Hmm.. maybe I'll have to order DS games from their site then.[/QUOTE]

It depends on the game.

Newer titles, 3 out of every 7

Older titles, 1 out of every 4

You definitely have a chance, just not a great one, but also depends on what you're ordering.

It took a while but both my orders have now shipped
Order 1
Assassin's Creed
Resistance: Fall of Man
Metal Gear Solid 4

$18.41

Order 2
Red Faction: Guerilla
Mercenaries 2
Burnout: Paradise

$26.43

Plus I got in on the Newegg deal for Killzone 2 and inFamous for $11 a piece... yesterday was an amazing day to buy games for me. With everything considered it averaged out to about $8 a game :)

Managed to get in on the glitch this morning and the games all shipped.

NICE!

:360:CALL OF DUTY 2: GAME OF THE YEAR
:360:CALL OF DUTY 4: MODERN WARFARE
:360:PRINCE OF PERSIA

All for the low low price of $18.12 including tax.

And when I get them, the first place they are going is right in my pants.
:wave:

[quote name='davesandstorm']My orders all shipped out tonight. Can't wait to start playing my 12 new games! :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped out today as well, I am actually surprised.

GS has this sale every month or so, nothing exciting.

From my experience last month (2/3 games arriving non functional, the working copy of Okami only seems to have survived because it was snug against the instructions in the original box), I advise anyone that doesn't want to have to exchange in store (they will do equal value exchanges if they don't have the game you are returning. They may do equal value anyways, but don't quote me.), to avoid this (or at least only buy cartridge based games), esp if you plan on getting a GCN game.

GS ships in the worst packing I've seen from any online retailer. The games arrive in a "fat" tight sleeve envelope with the boxes stuffed in. This compounds the other issues with GS's shipping, the cases, if not the original box, are VERY flimsy cheep plastic and as a result of the clumsy shipping, will break/splinter in delivery, and rather than be in the actual CD slot, the discs are in a paper envelope (stuck in the instructions slot), GCN games will get damaged during shipping particularly, as they are stuck in a normal size envelope that they will easily shuffle around in.

[quote name='deuxhero']GS has this sale every month or so, nothing exciting...[/QUOTE]

No need preaching to the choir. Most CAGs have been doing this for quite awhile. We know what we are getting into. As for this being "nothing exciting" because they do a B2G1 every month or so..the "excitement" was in the glitch that allowed the stacking of CAG16/PUR w/ B2G1.

I, myself, got games such as AC:B, Zumba Fitness, NBA Jam, Dead Rising 2, etc. for $16.67 each (essentially equal to buy 1 get 1 free, they were all $32.99 and no tax in OR). No way I get those for near that price anywhere else...on top of that, it was all credit. So what if I have to hit a few different local stores to get better copies, I can live with that.

My Blops x2, DKC shipped, for $64.XX.

I went to my local GameStop to see what their PSP selection was like, since I wanted to get some stuff online and swap it in the store, but most everything they have is UMD-only, and a copy of Hexyz Force with an extremely beat up manual -.-

[quote name='h2dk']No need preaching to the choir. Most CAGs have been doing this for quite awhile. We know what we are getting into. As for this being "nothing exciting" because they do a B2G1 every month or so..the "excitement" was in the glitch that allowed the stacking of CAG16/PUR w/ B2G1. [/QUOTE]

100% agreed.:applause::applause::applause:

I can't believe they shipped all 5 orders of mine! 2 orders were exactly the same....I forgot to stack cag16 so I placed another duplicate order thinking I could cancel but the link wasn't working yesterday. Atleast I can pick and choose for complet copies and return or flip if they come with cover art. sometime I just love gamestop!

Hmm I guess I should have bit on the deal when I had a chance. I guess I saved myself some money lol. It's not like my backlog is light either.

I just got this message:

Thank you for choosing GameStop.com. Based on your billing information entered, we are unable to process your order at this time.

If you have received this message as a result of multiple unsuccessful purchase attempts, please allow 24 hours for security purposes before submitting a new order. Prior to placing a new order, please verify your billing information with your financial institution to ensure all information is accurate and up to date.

Some people said it is because they are banned. I haven't bought anything online from Gamestop for maybe a year or so. I don't have a PUR and I was able to buy something with no problem in January in-store. Is there anyway to fix this?

[quote name='momouchi']I just got this message:

Some people said it is because they are banned. I haven't bought anything online from Gamestop for maybe a year or so. I don't have a PUR and I was able to buy something with no problem in January in-store. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]
Were you banned prior to this?

[quote name='momouchi']I just got this message:

Some people said it is because they are banned. I haven't bought anything online from Gamestop for maybe a year or so. I don't have a PUR and I was able to buy something with no problem in January in-store. Is there anyway to fix this?[/QUOTE]
Call them about it and hope for the best. That's the only thing to do.

No matter what I add (from the Wii, GCN, or PS2 sections), I keep getting the message saying there's a problem with my cart, but it doesn't specify.

Doesn't matter whether I am logged in or not. Oh well, GS loses my money.

[quote name='Altanis']No matter what I add (from the Wii, GCN, or PS2 sections), I keep getting the message saying there's a problem with my cart, but it doesn't specify.

Doesn't matter whether I am logged in or not. Oh well, GS loses my money.[/QUOTE]

Remove everything from your cart and remove all promo codes. It does this to me every time I visit the site lately, for some odd reason. Then just re-add everything you want and it will work fine.

[quote name='HydroX']Remove everything from your cart and remove all promo codes. It does this to me every time I visit the site lately, for some odd reason. Then just re-add everything you want and it will work fine.[/QUOTE]
I didn't have any promo codes or anything, and it was giving me the error on anything I tried.

It's not that big of a deal. Nothing I was looking at was really a "must buy" anyway.

wtf, Donkey Kong Returns doesn't have discount taken off while my two others do before the B2G1 code. also am not getting cag16 to stack with FEB2G1

[quote name='mrright4you4now']cag16 doesn't stack anymore, ot at least I couldn't get it too. There are several games donkey kong included that don't seem to realize their used games.[/QUOTE]

yeah that's throwing the total off a bit. Also gs charging tax on the original costs of the games before all discounts, basically double the amount it should be :bomb:.
I'll be contact cs about that as well as try to resolve the "used game" recognition and price issue.

The tax will auto correct itself. Once it shows up in your order history click on it and then it should show the correct amount. Tell them it hasnt been working on donkey kong for around a week now if you end up talking to someone.

I'm getting that darn error about my billing thing also. I removed everything from my cart twice, tried different CC's, etc. with no luck. What Gamestop # do I call? My local one or is there a corporate # I can call? I couldn't find anything on their website. It's a shame I haven't been able to get in on these deals.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']cag16 doesn't stack anymore, ot at least I couldn't get it too. There are several games donkey kong included that don't seem to realize their used games.[/QUOTE]
CAG16 doesn't even stack with PowerUp anymore, so it's a sure sign that someone goofed on their end. It's in GameStop's best interest to have PowerUp discounts always available & the preferred discount, even though only 10% off (since you have to pay $15/yr for it), so while it may be messed up through the weekend, I wouldn't think this was intentional, except to stop CAG's from stacking deals.

Just got my shipment confirmations..

Four out of the Six games had T25 next to them.

Does anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it means the games do not have their cases.

[quote name='JeriKu']Just got my shipment confirmations..

Does anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it means the games do not have their cases.[/QUOTE]

My BlackOps said T25 and I thought maybe it meant like Hardened Edition box but not anymore after reading this. Well if it comes with no case, off to GameStop to exchange

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']My BlackOps said T25 and I thought maybe it meant like Hardened Edition box but not anymore after reading this. Well if it comes with no case, off to GameStop to exchange[/QUOTE]Are we able to take them back to the GameStop store to exchange?

[quote name='JeriKu']Are we able to take them back to the GameStop store to exchange?[/QUOTE]

Yea...I've done it many times before and I am sure if u read around through all these posts, you will see that others so it all the time

Excellent.

That eases it a little bit.

Just curious, could you also get issued a refund at GameStop (store)?

[quote name='JeriKu']Excellent.

Just curious, could you also get issued a refund at GameStop (store)?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they can refund you at a store.

[quote name='JeriKu']Excellent.

Just curious, could you also get issued a refund at GameStop (store)?[/QUOTE]

Yes

bah, one of the games I got (MLB 08 the Show) won't play on my ps3. Guess it's gonna be exchange time.

Too bad I can't contact them about it and have them "price match" me a "free" game, since I just ordered my shit on the 17th. it would be pointless though.

Does anyone know what this means? I'm assuming it means the games do not have their cases.[/QUOTE]

Might be the opposite, I ordered some pretty old games which I am assuming do not have the case and none of them had T25 next to them. So, we'll just wait and see.

[quote name='ryoga79']bah, one of the games I got (MLB 08 the Show) won't play on my ps3. Guess it's gonna be exchange time.[/QUOTE]
its 2011:cool:

That code means preowned i believe.

[quote name='Donut2922']That code means preowned i believe.[/QUOTE]
All of the games were preowned. :)

The one I had with a T25 is the one with a recent price drop (only one with a strikethrough on the price). I was wondering if it had something to do with that. For my order, I would think that would be the one game of the 3 most likely to have a case and manual. However, I guess you never know. The worst I have gotten in the past is a PS3 game with a black case instead of a clear one. So I hope my luck continues.

bread's done
Back