Gamestop.com B2G1F used game sale

y2jasper

CAGiversary!
Just read on gamestop's twitter page, now through 2/28, buy 2 get 1 freeon used games with code "FEB2G1".

http://www.gamestop.com/

time to hunt for stacking codes?

EDIT: just to avoid any confusion to new readers, codes DO NOT stack anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ken Barth']
Borderlands
Bayonetta
Enslaved
$30 shipped! Ridiculous![/QUOTE]

Ha! Yeah, that is one of the best buys I've seen, all cool games worth $30 each. Good work, and enjoy!

Trying to talk myself out of Ghost of Sparta for the :psp:, Red Dead Redemption for the :360: and Fallout:New Vegas for the :360:.

$52 and change...seems like too good of a deal to pass up.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']really wish this was in store aswell, itching for a copy of F1 and MvC3[/QUOTE]
Well the new sales ad will be out today so theres still hope for in store B2G1.

Seems I JUST missed out on Borderlands GOTY. Yesterday it was OOS, an hour ago it wasn't, and now it is again. frown

[quote name='wune']Seems I JUST missed out on Borderlands GOTY. Yesterday it was OOS, an hour ago it wasn't, and now it is again. frown[/QUOTE]

Since the GOTY just has a voucher, I would think ordering it used would be a serious gamble.

Bah, codes aren't stacking for me. Trying to get Call of Juarz 1 and 2, plus Jurassic the Hunted. FEB2G1 + CAG16 + SAVER won't stack. It only gives me CAG16. Pfft...

[quote name='Tonious']Bah, codes aren't stacking for me. Trying to get Call of Juarz 1 and 2, plus Jurassic the Hunted. FEB2G1 + CAG16 + SAVER won't stack. It only gives me CAG16. Pfft...[/QUOTE]

yeah it was fixed like 2 days ago, i edited the OP to mention that so hopefully less people will try

I hadnt followed this thread since I generally dont buy used from GS and they never seem to have PS3 games in stock anyway. But I went online now and see there are hundreds of used PS3 games available now. Where did they get all these? Could this really just be from their last trade in promo? Wow. I still doubt I will buy (especially since the glitch is fixed), but thought it was interesting.

Got my 3 today. Gotta say, that was pretty fast. Vesperia looks a bit beat up, so I'll exchange in-store. The other 2 (Aragorns Quest & Time Crisis) look good.

So I ordered 6 games on wednesday and used the 5-10 day shipping. and 3 of my games came today already All in mint condiiton with complete cases and instruction books.

Just got mine too! 6 games ordered, only one in generic case with no manual (Heavy Rain). Everything else had all manuals and cases, discs in fair to very good shape and even some DLC vouchers still inside (though I don't know if they've been redeemed).

Total waste of time for me. 6 games -- 2 with completely smashed cases beyond the point of being usable, 3 with generic cases and 1 that actually was in its original case. 2 of the generics were missing artwork and none had manuals.

I'll eat the shipping and return the whole lot. Reminds me why I stopped buying used from GS.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Total waste of time for me. 6 games -- 2 with completely smashed cases beyond the point of being usable, 3 with generic cases and 1 that actually was in its original case. 2 of the generics were missing artwork and none had manuals.

I'll eat the shipping and return the whole lot. Reminds me why I stopped buying used from GS.[/QUOTE]

Why not just get cases/manuals from a local GS?

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']or get 5 cases for $1 at blockbuster while supplies last. At least then it's not as ymmv as asking a gestapo employee.[/QUOTE]

The problem is two of the cases have no artwork. And two of them are smashed up and wrecked (the Xbox Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith editions).

Got my PS3 Black Ops, Shattered Dimensions, and Vanquish today...all perfect condition discs with cases and manuals.First time in a while that I won't have to return something.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']The problem is two of the cases have no artwork. And two of them are smashed up and wrecked (the Xbox Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith editions).[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's the risk you take with Gamestop.com, as the descriptions say that the games may not come with any original packaging. Although the crappy cases would be their fault as they use very cheap generic DVD cases that crack very easily in the mail.

You could either send them back or try returning them in the store, though. Just know that most of Gamestop.com's stock is made up of the reject games from their stores so you'll usually get refurbished or crapped up games.

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']or get 5 cases for $1 at blockbuster while supplies last. At least then it's not as ymmv as asking a gestapo employee.[/QUOTE]

wow that's a good deal wonder if all blockbusters have this and where would you find them.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Yeah I will try that first. If they don't have cases do they take returns?[/QUOTE]

I asked the question a few pages back and was told that they take returns. Just take them in the boxes you received the games in if anything, along with the receipt, and asks for boxes/manuals. If that doesn't work, then ask for a return there in store.

Wow. My order was pending up until late into the week (I didn't get a shipping confirmation until Wednesday), and even then I received my order. It's too bad two out of the three games are in such bad shape.

just got my 3 games in and 2 of them dont read, im so aggrivated right now. guess ill take all 3 back to the store today, unless i can keep the one that works for the price i payed. never buying used from them again. they did all come in original cases w/instructions

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']The problem is two of the cases have no artwork. And two of them are smashed up and wrecked (the Xbox Star Wars Force Unleashed Sith editions).[/QUOTE]

im thinking you should say something along the lines that these were meant as gifts and that you would really hate to return them-if they could just help you out by giving you a better copy-

i think them having to do the return process would be more work-plus loosing money-than them just swapping a case

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Total waste of time for me. 6 games -- 2 with completely smashed cases beyond the point of being usable, 3 with generic cases and 1 that actually was in its original case. 2 of the generics were missing artwork and none had manuals.

I'll eat the shipping and return the whole lot. Reminds me why I stopped buying used from GS.[/QUOTE]

This is why I never, EVER order from them w/o using the SAVER code: I figure the chances are high that I'll be returning at least one of the items due to poor or incomplete condition, and I don't want to eat the S&H.

[quote name='AwRy108']This is why I never, EVER order from them w/o using the SAVER code: I figure the chances are high that I'll be returning at least one of the items due to poor or incomplete condition, and I don't want to eat the S&H.[/QUOTE]

^What he said. I can wait a couple extra days if it means I get to check the condition of the games for free (in case they come destroyed)

[quote name='wusspuck']just got my 3 games in and 2 of them dont read, im so aggrivated right now. [/QUOTE]

I had lost my receipt/order history so i couldn't return it at the store-didnt try really just figured gamestop guys would be dicks and i would save myself the 30 min drive to and back

so i just email them ask them for a return label cuz i lost my order receipt-got one in 2 days mailed it the next day and within a week (just today as a matter of fact i got my replacement). bout a 9 day wait from start to finish.

if you paid a very cheap price for the game-and the store won't help you out this would be another option--i didn't mind the wait since i had other games to play while i waited.

plus screw a return i wanted to keep kinect sports for $18

I know there are A LOT of complaints about the condition of some of GS used games but I still take the risk when a sale like this happens. I was able to get in when the CAG16 was stacking and I got 9 games for $70 and after using some Xmas GC and store credit I paid $25 out of pocket for them. I cannot think of anywhere I can get 9 games for less than $8/game much less less $3 in my position. Yes some games come in crappy cases with no artwork and it does disappoint me when they do but I am not playing the case or artwork. I have purchased roughly 40 used games from GS and I would say 65% came in original cases and only 2 where the disks were bad. I was able to exchange both for a better copy and I was perfectly happy. Gamestop might do some questionable things on trade ins and new games but the used game sales are a steal if done right IMO.

Call me lucky, but I received my orders today and went 6-for-6 with original case, manual, and working discs. Couldn't be happier. They haven't disappointed me yet.

For the life of me, I cannot fathom how a $52 order with free shipping would incur an estimated tax of $7+.

There isn't a sales tax rate that high, in the US, that I can find.

I sometimes wonder why they list a bad sales tax amount and then correct it when the item is shipped.

For those who have gotten their orders already, did any of your shipping confirmations say T25 on it next to any of the games?

If so, did it end up meaning anything as far as the game coming in a generic case?

[quote name='major morgan']For those who have gotten their orders already, did any of your shipping confirmations say T25 on it next to any of the games?

If so, did it end up meaning anything as far as the game coming in a generic case?[/QUOTE]
my order had that on it, everything came original/complete

[quote name='Brother Daz']my order had that on it, everything came original/complete[/QUOTE]

^this
4 out of 6 had it. Everything was fine

so far my gamestop order
cod black ops came complete
naruto uns2 came complete
new super mario bros came complete
resonance of fate came complete
fallout new vegas generic case
tales of vesparia generic case and doesn't work

[quote name='Brother Daz']my order had that on it, everything came original/complete[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Did each item have that T25 next to it? or just some?

Three of my six showed up today. Two were RDR and FO:NV were perfect, but FFXIII :360: had all three discs show up in a busted, generic single disc case.

Mine showed up today; RDR looks alright, original case but no instructions. Fallout New Vegas in generic case, and the disc looks buffed to hell, not even going to test install. Dead Rising has original case and instructions, but the center ring of the disc has 3 cracks running through it. Off to the store I go.

All PS3:

Fallout 3 GOTY - pristine, with manual and slipcover even
New Vegas - good case, manual, disc in decent shape, no slipcover - T25
Red Dead Redemption - black case, no manual, scratched disc - T25

My games are on backorder even though they say they ship in 24 hrs on the game page, taking notes from GoHastings.com are we Gamestop?
-_-
24ffq80.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My games just came today. All seem to be in good condition and came with the box and manuals. I have to wait for our Kinect to get here before I can test them though.

[quote name='realskillz']so far my gamestop order
cod black ops came complete
naruto uns2 came complete
new super mario bros came complete
resonance of fate came complete
fallout new vegas generic case
tales of vesparia generic case and doesn't work[/QUOTE]

Nice choice in games. Can u go to Gamestop and exchange the cases if they have it in store? Can online video game orders be exchanged in store??? If so, what proof is needed to exchange?

here's my story. i originally placed an order for 2 fallout NV used, one for me, one for a friend who's birthday is tomorrow. i used the CAG16, SAVER and EDGE card to get the final price with taxes to about 41 bucks. shortly after i realized that i could also use the buy 2 get 1 free promo.

i then placed another order for 3 copies which came out to the same price. i sent an e-mail to gamestop to cancel my original order less than 30 minutes after placing it. i got en e-mail back saying it had already been processed and that i would have to return it. i was not happy about this but i had no choice in the matter.

i received both packages today and then realized it was a blessing in disguise. i am now able to choose the 3 best copies to keep and return the other 2 to gamestop for a refund. 4 of them came complete with original case and manual and only one was missing the manual. also 2 of them had a redeem code for the classic pack. i tested one and it worked! i'll give the other to my friend with his copy and trade the third copy in.

i pretty much never buy from gamestop and hardly ever buy used games in general but i might start considering doing it more if i can get deals like this!

thanks CAG for it was this site that alerted me to the price drop on fallout NV which i had been waiting on. i figured out all the promos stacked on my own through trial and error but i would have never gotten this deal if it weren't for this site!

[quote name='The Punisher']Nice choice in games. Can u go to Gamestop and exchange the cases if they have it in store? Can online video game orders be exchanged in store??? If so, what proof is needed to exchange?[/QUOTE]
i'm not sure about the cases but i know you can exchange or return for refund in store. all you need is the packing list that came with the order.

Black Ops used is sold out for xbox 360?? wow..and all the crappy games i want are OOS as well..good job...GS...good job...smh

[quote name='Velo214']forever it seems. since last july i havnt had an order go through unless i make it anonymous n use giftcards. my powerup card is worthless since anytime i enter it my order is auto canceled. serves me right for buying through gamestop.com so much. how dare i buy products so often!
oh well, glad i killed most of my credit on a 2nd ps3 move bundle last fall at the brick n mortar.[/QUOTE]

I've been banned since early July, 2010 too! I used to buy tons of stuff from Gamestop. I wouldn't be so upset if my promotional coupons (that required making purchases) weren't expiring.

It makes NO sense to ban me. Their customer support doesn't help.

bread's done
Back