gamestop.com Buy 1 new or used in-stock game get 1 40% off!

walterj13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
i was just on there website and saw

Buy 1 new or used in-stock game get 1 40% off!
(Not valid on copies of Madden NFL 11, systems, accessories, limited or collector's editions.)

Enter coupon code SAVE40 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.

Looks like GS just bump up the price online on all used games with about $5 - $10 each. The prices are creazy, even in stores are cheaper for some games. I wanted to use the promotion, but it is not worth for most part.

horrible most games have been raised 40% to compensate so they actually make more money on this deal...what a scam (used games mostly, example bioshock 17.99 --> 24.99)

[quote name='walterj13']tho funny part they alrdy drop the madden 11 new to $49.99 so $10 off lol[/QUOTE]
madden is not included

I was gonna order a $59.99 game with a $10 off coupon, but it's actually a few dollars cheaper if I get a second $59.99 game and use SAVE40. Would I be able to return the filler game for $47.99, or would they want both games to be returned at the same time?

Anyone see any games that can be flipped for equal to gazelle or amazon? The only game I want to order is starcraft 2 and would like to at least save a couple bucks if I ordered something else that was worth what gamestop is charging before the 40%.

This could have been a good deal if they didn't Jack up the prieces of some games (FFXIII.Just Cause 2) Or had the games in stock (Risen.The Saboteur) Damn Gamestop...:bomb:

[quote name='walterj13']i was just on there website and saw

Buy 1 new or used in-stock game get 1 40% off!
(Not valid on copies of Madden NFL 11, systems, accessories, limited or collector's editions.)

Enter coupon code SAVE40 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page.[/QUOTE]

Their website damn it! You were on THEIR website. T-H-E-I-R!!!! WTF don't they teach this crap in middle school anymore??

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Their website damn it! You were on THEIR website. T-H-E-I-R!!!! WTF don't they teach this crap in middle school anymore??[/QUOTE]
:bow::bow::bow::bow::whee::whee::applause::applause:

.... changing prices like we are not going to figure that out....

was going to but Starcraft 2 and demon souls.... used to be 24.99 used now is 34.99
wtf!!!!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='smcmanus1980']Their website damn it! You were on THEIR website. T-H-E-I-R!!!! WTF don't they teach this crap in middle school anymore??[/QUOTE]

They stopped when they stopped teaching proper punctuation and that "cuz" is not a word.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']And of course Tomb Raider Underworld, a game that was available just 3 days ago just changed their status to "currently not available online". Figures.[/QUOTE]
No kidding, I was thinking of getting persona 4 which was $16 just last night, and now they changed it to not available online and is $35. Don't see any good deals, everything seems pretty expensive now.

Yeah, I keep an eye out for Tales of the Abyss every so often, still not available but jumped from $32 to $44. I'm gonna stay away from Gamestop until their old prices return.

[quote name='Nibi']Just picked up 2 copies of Starcraft 2 for 96 bucks.[/QUOTE]

I would love to get that deal. How did you get a total of $96? Is there a coupon code to waive the handling fee? Also, do you live in a state that has no Gamestops/no taxes?

Here's what I get when I use SAVE40 and try to buy 2 copies of Starcraft:

Subtotal: $95.98
Estimated Tax: $7.79
Handling: $4.49
Total: $108.26 ($54.13/each)

[quote name='jlhiowa']I would love to get that deal. How did you get a total of $96? Is there a coupon code to waive the handling fee? Also, do you live in a state that has no Gamestops/no taxes?

Here's what I get when I use SAVE40 and try to buy 2 copies of Starcraft:

Subtotal: $95.98
Estimated Tax: $7.79
Handling: $4.49
Total: $108.26 ($54.13/each)[/QUOTE]

Use coupon code 'SAVER' for free value shipping.

[quote name='Nibi']Use coupon code 'SAVER' for free value shipping.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! SAVER does stack with SAVE40. Now I need to contact my friends who didn't buy Starcraft so we can get this deal!

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC (quantity 2)
Subtotal: $95.98 (SAVE40)
Estimated Tax: $7.44
Handling: $0.00 FREE! (SAVER)
Total: $103.42 ($51.71/each)

I want to get Kane and Lynch 2 with this... figure the sale will still be going on on Tuesday?

I was going to get Red Dead Redemption and Kane and Lynch 2 for about $100. Seems fair enough to me. Any idea if the sale will still be there? It doesn't say anywhere on the site that I've seen.

[quote name='Mongoose07']I want to get Kane and Lynch 2 with this... figure the sale will still be going on on Tuesday?

I was going to get Red Dead Redemption and Kane and Lynch 2 for about $100. Seems fair enough to me. Any idea if the sale will still be there? It doesn't say anywhere on the site that I've seen.[/QUOTE]

There is no list date for when the deal will end. I wouldn't be shocked if the code was disabled for Kane and Lynch 2 as it is for Madden. Gamestop doesn't want the big new releases to be part of the deal. :roll:

[quote name='shytface']I was gonna order a $59.99 game with a $10 off coupon, but it's actually a few dollars cheaper if I get a second $59.99 game and use SAVE40. Would I be able to return the filler game for $47.99, or would they want both games to be returned at the same time?[/QUOTE]

Judging by the experience I had the last time this offered this deal at my local GS, you would have to return both games. They won't accept the one.

[quote name='Aughiskie']Judging by the experience I had the last time this offered this deal at my local GS, you would have to return both games. They won't accept the one.[/QUOTE]

if you order the new game and have it more than the used copy you want, you will get two separate packing slips as those titles come from two differnt warehouses. Your new game will show full price on its packing slip and when you return it no one will be the wiser.

Darn it, looking for a deal on the Plants Vs Zombies LE PC box. At first the deal looked like it was going to work but it all went sour once I logged into my account.

as mentioned by others, not really that great. Prices being jacked up don't affect me cuz I want new copies. I'm close to the end of my current game and need something to play next, so I bit on this deal with some store credit

Red Dead Redemption 360: 59.99
Crackdown 2 (40% off): 35.99
Tax: 5.76
Free Saver Shipping: 0.00
Subtotal: 101.74
Store credit: -65.24
Grand total: 36.50

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This still working?[/QUOTE]

you can always go to the site, add 2 games, and enter the coupon code to see if it does...

bread's done
Back