Gamestop.com - chance of not getting a manual/box ?I'v

DeadKevin666

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've never ordered from them before and was looking to get used:

Lost Odyssey
Borderlands

Due to the extra 25% off I can get both games for $40 + free shipping.
Picking these 2 up at my local store would be about $60.

My only hesitation is that I'm a bit of a stickler since I WANT the manual & box art cause I like to collect my games and keep them.

My local store stated they could not give me a box/manual if one wasn't included but they could swap out a damaged disc should I receive one.

I just don't know what to expect and didn't know if people were having these issues with certain titles.

Thanks for your help :):):)

Well I have had decent luck with newer used games, though I would worry that Lost Odyssey is older and would not, although having so many discs, it seems difficult to lose your case..

But yeah I would just say take the chance (you are a CHEAP ass gamer not a stickler gamer), you could always be a mini d-bag in that if you get one without a case, you buy it used at a B&M location, throw the stickers on the blank case and then return it.

This thread comes up about every other day and there's never any way of knowing. Go into any given Gamestop and look at what does and doesn't have cases, and add to that that your order probably goes to any random store throughout the country, it's beyond random. I'm a stickler for the cases too, so I know where you're coming from and I wouldn't risk it.

And, quite frankly, my B&M Gamestop has started keeping the games in the back and they switch the case you pick out with whatever beaten-down one they have laying around back there.

Thanks, I guess I'll take my chances and order only Borderlands to play it safe. I'd feel more comfortable retutning 1 game if there was an issue as opposed to 2. Since Borderlands is new hoping to have less of a problem.

Lost Odyssey is $2 more at B&M plus I don't get the extra 25% OFF. But every copy was in excellent condition, just based on the what I could see. For whatever weird mental reason I think of Lost Odyssey having the case and manual would seem more important for some bizarre unknown reason.

Ok, here's a weird thing that hopefully will work in my favor (crossing fingers but not holding my breathe).

I had $27.50 on my Edge Card, placed an order for Borderlands, paid $23.72, so had a few dollars left.

Did some searching re: Lost Odyssey and where the best place to buy it was, so I created a 2nd order and placed it in my cart. Total price came to $19.71 and I only had like $3+ left on my card, but it used the entire Edge card (didn't even need my credit card info & order was 15 minutes later). So I clicked SUBMIT and it went through fine.

We'll see if they ship me both games, but I'm guessing their computer system will catch up and notice the error (hopefully not).

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Ok, here's a weird thing that hopefully will work in my favor (crossing fingers but not holding my breathe).

I had $27.50 on my Edge Card, placed an order for Borderlands, paid $23.72, so had a few dollars left.

Did some searching re: Lost Odyssey and where the best place to buy it was, so I created a 2nd order and placed it in my cart. Total price came to $19.71 and I only had like $3+ left on my card, but it used the entire Edge card (didn't even need my credit card info & order was 15 minutes later). So I clicked SUBMIT and it went through fine.

We'll see if they ship me both games, but I'm guessing their computer system will catch up and notice the error (hopefully not).[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well and they tend to cancel the order after 48 hours. The point of sale system online takes awhile to pick up spent edge credit. Then they cancel the order when the initial sale clears and the remaining credit can't cover the next transaction.

The won't allow you to get a complete copy with case/artwork/manual if you attempted to swap out at one of your local GS stores? That's when you call Gamestop's customer service line right in the store and tell them you're having issues with the store in question.

That'll shut them up and get them to cooperate a little quicker. Although my local GS stores have employees that pretty much know me from seeing me so much anymore, so they don't even try the 'pre-order' routine with me 90-95% of the time anymore.

They've also been really cool with me swapping out incomplete copies of games I've picked up from the website for complete ones.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The won't allow you to get a complete copy with case/artwork/manual if you attempted to swap out at one of your local GS stores? That's when you call Gamestop's customer service line right in the store and tell them you're having issues with the store in question.

That'll shut them up and get them to cooperate a little quicker. Although my local GS stores have employees that pretty much know me from seeing me so much anymore, so they don't even try the 'pre-order' routine with me 90-95% of the time anymore.

They've also been really cool with me swapping out incomplete copies of games I've picked up from the website for complete ones.[/QUOTE]

The store near me is a high volume store, probably one of the tops in our area, but they seem to have constant turnover every 6 months, so it's hard to establish a relationship with one. The prior manager was there for a good amount of time and knew my face, which helped with a few minor things.

I'll cross this bridge when I get Borderlands in the mail and if there is any problem.

If that store won't do it, then hit up another Gamestop in your area. It seems like GS stores are like WalMart stores and there's one every so many miles, so chances are you have another one(or 6-8 like in my area:roll:)you could try if they're unwilling to help.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']If that store won't do it, then hit up another Gamestop in your area. It seems like GS stores are like WalMart stores and there's one every so many miles, so chances are you have another one(or 6-8 like in my area:roll:)you could try if they're unwilling to help.[/QUOTE]

There are two across the street from each other near me... both of which are right next to a mall, which has yet another inside.

I still will never understand why they would put them across the street...

[quote name='BrolyB593']There are two across the street from each other near me... both of which are right next to a mall, which has yet another inside.

I still will never understand why they would put them across the street...[/QUOTE]
Were they at one time stores from the seperate chains that Gamestop has acquired? One could've been a former EB Games and the other could have been a former Funcoland or Software Etc/Babbage's.

There's literally three within about a 5 minute drive of each other in the one area by me. One was a former Funcoland, while the other two were EB Games stores.

I've only ordered four games from them online, but three came complete and one was missing the manual. I returned that one because it was pretty scratched anyway and they gave me a complete copy.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Were they at one time stores from the seperate chains that Gamestop has acquired? One could've been a former EB Games and the other could have been a former Funcoland or Software Etc/Babbage's.

There's literally three within about a 5 minute drive of each other in the one area by me. One was a former Funcoland, while the other two were EB Games stores.[/QUOTE]

That is what I figured. It is out by the mall that I do not go to too often so neither were my regular gamestop/funcoland. Though I believe the one was a Funcoland which would make sense then. Either way it seems odd, that they would be better off just selling the lot as it is around a very big and busy mall.

I got my one order from GS.com today(including one of the copies of Red Dead Redemption from their borked promo that had it for $24 new)and I shockingly received the original Bioshock for PS3 COMPLETE and in mint condition.

Pretty shocking for a website order, since I thought their website ALWAYS shipped out the shit condition incomplete stuff that got sent back to corporate to be 'refurbished'.

Even better was that both games were bumped to overnight shipping. I ordered Friday and I received them today already.

bread's done
Back