Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just ran into a strange website glitch. None of my orders are showing on the Order History page. I REALLY hope they haven't been wiped, since I still have quite a few games with coupon codes attached to them. Anyone ever had something like it happen?[/QUOTE]

My wishlist was recently removed. I think the site might be having issues. My order history still shows up though.

I just tried to use the GQ6FVD5 for the Rock Band 3 Keyboard Bundle for Xbox 360 and it worked! I was a bit agitated that the deal of the day free overnight shipping for Rock Band 3 did not work on the bundle, but the 10% off code negated the overnight shipping cost anyways. Thanks!

Yeah my wishlist and my order history have both been cleared, not sure if it will be back or not, I am glad I didn't have any orders going on right now...

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']Yeah my wishlist and my order history have both been cleared, not sure if it will be back or not, I am glad I didn't have any orders going on right now...[/QUOTE]

same, its gone for like two days now. Hopefully its like you guys say that its just a temporary site problem.

Anyone on else having trouble when checking the balance of your giftcard/edge card and having it show the wrong balance? The toll-free # says the correct amount but the website doesn't.

Has anyone had trouble getting their 10% off discount online using a new PowerUp card? I can't seem to get the discount to apply.

[quote name='TemplePilot']Can anyone get SAVE40 to work?[/QUOTE]

That one caught my eye too. I hope it's not expired. Anyone used the $15 off $75 one? How soon do you get the credit and is the code reusable or stackable with free shipping ones? Can we expect to see better codes as it gets closer to black friday? I've got a long list of $20-$30 360 games I want that probably aren't coming down anymore and a couple other titles (New SMB Wii and GoW Collection PS3) I need, and I'm looking for ways to save a little on them.

Semi related question when is the power up program going national. I have been wanting to use some credit but I can wait a month or so if it's going to be soon.

SAVER apparently comes up the same as 15OFF75 now. I put both in, and it lists them as both being the same thing. EDIT: just a site glitch. refreshing cart makes it report properly. I wonder if it's safe to order right now or not. Half what I considered getting isn't in stock anyway. I'm thinking I should use this to order GoW Collection and New SMB though, since they're not really coming down any other way.

[quote name='Velo214']i try to tell everyone that powerup pro won't get you 10% off online, not til it goes national.[/QUOTE]

It does for me.
I just added the number in and I get 10% off all used games.

[quote name='ithebigc']I used GQ6FVD5, thank you very much gryphter. Was able to get $6 off the Atelier Rorona Limited Edition set, which I was hoping to pick up soon because I didn't want it to sell out. Thank you again!
[/QUOTE]

Ditto :D

[quote name='Reno Takamiya']It does for me.
I just added the number in and I get 10% off all used games.[/QUOTE]

The Power Up program just became available in my area. If I already have an Edge Card, do I still have to pay another $15 to become a Power Up member? I'm hoping that my Edge membership transfers over...

[quote name='RCS0926']The Power Up program just became available in my area. If I already have an Edge Card, do I still have to pay another $15 to become a Power Up member? I'm hoping that my Edge membership transfers over...[/QUOTE]

It will They'll just give you a new card. I got the new card about a month ago.

[quote name='killer9']no u get a free power up pro card if you have an edge card they will upgrade you[/QUOTE]

Just make sure you transfer all remaining credit from the EDGE card to the Power Up card, otherwise that credit going to go bye bye.

[quote name='Squarehard']Just make sure you transfer all remaining credit from the EDGE card to the Power Up card, otherwise that credit going to go bye bye.[/QUOTE]

Got it. Thanks again.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']What if I lost my Edge card but bring in a current magazine? Can I still get this card, mane?[/QUOTE]

They can still look up your account, you don't need to bring in the magazine, however they won't be able to check/transfer any credit that was on that EDGE card.

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']FYI SAVE40 no longers works. I just tried it.
[/QUOTE]

It hasn't worked for awhile.

If you look at the op, it hasn't been updated for a very long time.

Over a month ago, so most of those won't work.

werid my

Final fantasy 4 lights show shipped but the DC number does not work

sucks its going post office..

was sort of hoping i would get it tomorrow but probally be the 5 to 10 days :(

[quote name='Squarehard']It hasn't worked for awhile.

Over a month ago, so most of those won't work.[/QUOTE]

I know, but saw some people asking and thought I would give it a try, then figured I would share the info.

[quote name='Squarehard']It hasn't worked for awhile.

Over a month ago, so most of those won't work.[/QUOTE]

Someone who will update the codes regularly needs to make a new thread, so we can stay on top of these.

So my local GameStop recently got in the PowerUp cards, and pushed it on me... they insured me the whole time (I kept asking), that it'd work exactly the same as the Edge card, that I could use it online, that I'd still get 10% discounts on used and strategy guides, etc. They said it does everything the Edge does + gives me points for whatever I buy and a b2g1 coupon.

Well, I'm on gamestop.com right now and cannot figure out how to get this card to work for online purchases (and yes it's the Pro / $14.99 card)

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Just ran into a strange website glitch. None of my orders are showing on the Order History page. I REALLY hope they haven't been wiped, since I still have quite a few games with coupon codes attached to them. Anyone ever had something like it happen?[/QUOTE]
Same here. My wish list disappeared yesterday. My order page disappeared today. Not a very smooth transition...:lol:

New promo code

SHIP105 free overnight shipping on the following titles

EA SPORTS MMA
SONIC COLORS
NEED FOR SPEED HOT PURSUIT
POWER GIG RISE OF THE SIXTH STRING
VANQUISH
WORLD OF WARCRAFT CATACLYSM
ROCK BAND 3
ATELIER RORONA THE ALCHEMISTS OF ARLAND
Eve Online: Commissioned Officer Edition
KIRBYS EPIC YARN

[quote name='Getrealistic']Mmm, that GQ6FVD5 worked for 10% off pre orders still, like Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 CE. Thank you much! Also stacked with SAVER for free ground[/QUOTE]

Doesn't work with in-store pick up. Very annoying.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
Well, I'm on gamestop.com right now and cannot figure out how to get this card to work for online purchases (and yes it's the Pro / $14.99 card)[/QUOTE]

1) Log in on gamestop.com
2) Click "My Account" at the top
3) Click "Edge Card" (4th link) or just click the embedded shortcut provided.
4) Put your PowerUp card number in the "EDGE Card Number" box
5) Click "SAVE"
6) add used games to cart for 10% off (must be signed into gamestop.com account)

[quote name='raiser']1) Log in on gamestop.com
2) Click "My Account" at the top
3) Click "Edge Card" (4th link) or just click the embedded shortcut provided.
4) Put your PowerUp card number in the "EDGE Card Number" box
5) Click "SAVE"
6) add used games to cart for 10% off (must be signed into gamestop.com account)[/QUOTE]

when I click SAVE nothing happens... my card is active though, I have 1010 reward points. maybe it's because my original EDGE card doesn't expire until the end of October and is still active?

Whats the code for the pre order any game $29.99 or higher and get 50% off any used game? and is it still working?

Nevermind, I found it. It was save50 but I guess its expired now.

[quote name='killer9']power up card wont work online till it goes live in all areas[/QUOTE]

Not true, perhaps it needs to be live in YOUR area...But how would they know?

It worked for me immediately after I entered it, and it still shows up when adding used games to cart.
You do have to be logged in to see it of course.
Gamestop.com has a habit of logging you out unawares.

In the TOP line of GS.com if the last item says LOG IN instead of LOG OUT... click on it!

VIEW CART - WISH LIST - ORDER HISTORY - MY ACCOUNT - STORE LOCATOR - HELP - LOG OUT

cag16 been out for ever

Nevermind, I found it. It was save50 but I guess its expired now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='raiser']Not true, perhaps it needs to be live in YOUR area...But how would they know?

It worked for me immediately after I entered it, and it still shows up when adding used games to cart.
You do have to be logged in to see it of course.
Gamestop.com has a habit of logging you out unawares.

In the TOP line of GS.com if the last item says LOG IN instead of LOG OUT... click on it!

VIEW CART - WISH LIST - ORDER HISTORY - MY ACCOUNT - STORE LOCATOR - HELP - LOG OUT[/QUOTE]

Make sure if his account number has changed. from his edge card number to his power up card number.
Because I clicked save I didn't think the number changed so I kept retyping it in over and over until I checked that the number had changed on the edge card page.

@Everyone Else
Does Saver have to be on a 25$ order or can it be used on any other priced order? Because I just added the coupon and it didn't say anything about having to be an order of 25$ on the information I haven't ordered anything yet I just want to make sure.

*****THESE EXPIRE OCT 31ST*****whole bunch of used to be 10 dollars off codes from the ufc contest now they are 10% off works on new or used items will only stack with saver

14B7MF6

1575NG8
15B7B3V
16KC62B
17WD7GJ
K06KKJP
K09F5F5
K0R43R9
K106N2X
K1TT79F
K1YX91T
K2H55NH
K30QDV2
K36HKB5
K3BBSHC
K3HXRH9
K3KV472
K3N26LP
K3SN8BY
K3SYS5D
K43TKSF
K4FX9WH
K4V2HN8
K51GS69
7T7B8XT
7TJLXJ0
7V3BF27
7W494HR

3491VRV
34HX9N1
34WXWLG
3630FNJ
377WNWK
37PH1V5

37YV5DD
3881YPR
38BMQ43
38LK73G
38SQ846
39BMKY0
39HGB79
39MW9LS

used 3491VRV

Thank you for that friend, knocked $8 off my Dead Space 2 CE.

bread's done
Back