Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
That blows! I loved CAG stacking with EDGE. It was the only thing that would make the EDGE card worth getting. Gamestop and EDGE can go to the bottom of the trash now.

[quote name='io']Wait, though, this is only for used purchases online, right? And we don't make used purchases online anyway since the crap comes as disc-only refurbs most of the time. So I really don't see what the big deal is. I suppose on some newer release games where the Edge discount makes a significant difference and they at least have a chance of coming complete it matters a little.[/QUOTE]

I would say that the majority of my purchases were online for the past year, except in cases where I had a specific coupon (PowerUp B2G1) for in-store. The online used prices are usually a bit lower than in-store, plus there was usually a minimum of 25% off with CAG16 (16%) + EDGE (10%). In the very few cases where I didn't get complete cases and manuals, I just brought the game into my local store with the receipt and they exchanged the case no question. (Though I'm on very good terms with my local store, to the point of them being able to recognize me by my voice when I call to check trade values.)

Yeah, I never bought online from GS until this past year, but the death of the coupons (including the old eternal 10% email sign up coupon), along with the online prices usually being $5 cheaper than in-store prices, meant that CAG16 + Edge + Saver usually meant a pretty good price. I at least 3 or 4 orders that way in the past year. Not a ton, but more than I used to.

i shop sometimes at gamestop i do alot of my shopping at amazon and target

PowerUp? Ha - more like PowerDown. Add me to the disappointed masses. I have the same issues with it as others, but it really bothers me that they do not tell you that you'll lose benefits in the new program. At least, they didn't tell me that the online discount would be changed. :( I had some Gamestop stock that I sold at a pretty bog loss this week just because I don't want to see it in my portfolio anymore. (It's a good thing my Apple stock can make up the difference!)

GREAT NEWS. checked my email and i just got my buy 2 get 1 free coupon... :D greater news went to powerup website logged in and it is giving me the screen for people who don't have an account. :wall:

Interesting tidbit. I just got a reply to my email...

This is a known technical issue that is currently being worked on by our technical department. Upon review of your latest online orders, I saw that the credit has been posted. If this is not the case, please respond back to this email with the order confirmation number so we may look into this further and apply the appropriate credits to the pending orders.

Quite a different response than the earlier poster got. I wonder if they are considering allowing stacking again.

Unless you like buying stuff in store, the edge card is completely useless now. If one wants to buy something online they can just use the cag16 and get a better deal than the edge alone. I hope subscriptions completely drop off.

just got this email response from gamestop customer service.. it implies that powerup card should still stack with another promotion:

Any and all transactions that were made on the week of November 8-13, will not show up on your account yet.
This is due to technical maintenance on the PowerUprewards program. All of these points and transactions will show up on November the 16th. If you do not see any updates on this date, please let us know so Tahiti we may apply the appropriate points to your account.
As per the technical issue of the coupons not stacking, it is a known issue Tahiti is currently being resolved. You can always call us at 800-883-8895 with the order confirmation number and any of our Agents can place the proper credit to your order.
I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
If you need additional assistance, please feel free to contact us.

[quote name='thedouche']Unless you like buying stuff in store, the edge card is completely useless now. If one wants to buy something online they can just use the cag16 and get a better deal than the edge alone. I hope subscriptions completely drop off.[/QUOTE]

I ordered online earlier and I received both the CAG16 discount and the Edge/PowerUp discount.

[quote name='LordVila']I ordered online earlier and I received both the CAG16 discount and the Edge/PowerUp discount.[/QUOTE]

Still nothing for me...CAG16 works, and I get my points on my PowerUp card, but no additional 10% off as previous Edge transactions have given me.

I can't get the cag16 to stack with power up either. Infact nothing stacks with the power up card, for me. My edge card expired just 2 weeks ago. So when I went in to renew, they had just started doing the power up rewards here. I paid the $14.99 for the magazine and got the silver power up reward card.

Didn't expect the b2g1 to be a printable coupon. There is a code on it however, does anyone know if it works online?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you powerup rewards is broken you may be able to fix it by combining your gamestop.com and poweruprewards.com accounts, thats how i fixed mine.

Log onto gamestop.com

go to my account.

look for merge gamestop and powerup accounts

it will ask if you want them to be set to your gamestop account or your powerup account, i suggest setting them both to your gamestop account since powerup is still buggy.

Hope that helps those who were having problems.

Merged, but still no-go. Have the silver PowerUp Rewards Pro card (paid subscription). I just hope they get it fixed soon, and if that B2G1 coupon could be used online, even better. I have a few Move games I'm eyeing/waiting to come into stock that I'd like to combine.

If not I'm shooting by the B&M tonight after work.

[quote name='io']Wait, though, this is only for used purchases online, right? And we don't make used purchases online anyway since the crap comes as disc-only refurbs most of the time. So I really don't see what the big deal is.[/QUOTE]
I only use GS online to purchase any used games because you can get usually get the best deals with edge+cag16. Obviously you've had bad experiences with the website, I have ordered dozens of games and have never once gotten one without the original box and only one time did the game come without the manual.

If you get a trashed copy of a game online, you can always take it into a store and exchange it for a better copy. I've only ordered about 4 games in the past year online. I think 2 of the 4 were obvious refurbs. 1 of those 2 was perfectly playable, but the other was trashed. Exchaged it no problem at a local store.

Side note, 1 of the other games that wasn't refurbed came in a case with blockbuster stickers still on it, no gamestop stickers at all. Part of the great BBV used game liquidation last spring, I guess...

[quote name='starmask2k3']Anyone looking to trade a 50$ Amazon.com gift code for a 50$ gamestop.com gift code PM me if anyone does thanks[/QUOTE]

so no one wants to trade

Just ordered a couple used PS2 games and got the power up rewards silver, cag16, and saver all to apply. I went though the sony card points plus shopping page but i doubt that made any difference.

[quote name='cheeky']Just ordered a couple used PS2 games and got the power up rewards silver, cag16, and saver all to apply. I went though the sony card points plus shopping page but i doubt that made any difference.[/QUOTE]

powerup and cag16 didnt combine for me jus now

[quote name='Jesse757x']just placed an order on gamestop.com and I got an e-mail stating that my order is under review? Anyone experience this?[/QUOTE]
Yes, I have multiple times. I wouldn't worry about it.

just got CAG16 & SAVER to stack with my (old and expired edge sub...w00t!) on Cod:black ops.

my edge card was on my account, i didn't question it and it went through!

I had replied to the original email response I got saying that I hoped it would be cleared up. Got another reply from customer service...

Yes, the technical issue is definitely being worked on by our technical
team.

Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

So, it seems like they are definitely taking this seriously.

[quote name='willsbone']just got CAG16 & SAVER to stack with my (old and expired edge sub...w00t!) on Cod:black ops.

my edge card was on my account, i didn't question it and it went through![/QUOTE]

how did you manage that? blackops used copy has not been available online for few days now..

If anyone is interested I have not bothered requesting my B2G1 coupon yet because I tend to just buy cheap games that make it not worth my while. I would gladly sell my coupon to someone interested, figure I buy cheap games but there are enough of you out there picking up $40-$50 games to make it worth someones while.

[quote name='mrman1980']how did you manage that? blackops used copy has not been available online for few days now..[/QUOTE]

my wishlist trick worked again. black ops is currently showing as not available for online used copy. i added a used copy to wish list, and from my wish list was able to click the add to cart button, after cag16 saver and edge total was $41 for black ops!

-after getting my confirmation email, i also got the "order under review" email.

Those $10 coupon codes they were giving out awhile ago are so useless. You can't combine them with ANYTHING! So it basically pays for your tax and shipping. I've been trying to use mine for over 6 months, but can never come across a good deal to apply it to.

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but 15GAME gets you 15% off all in-stock games $25 or more. It stacks with SAVER. Expires 11/21.

I still have a $5 off online $30+ purchase promo code that I haven't used from Gamestop on one of my receipts. Chances are, I won't be ordering anything from Gamestop.com anytime soon to make use of it, since I tend to go with Amazon for my online ordering. So if anyone wants to try and make use of it, then go for it. Expires on 11/30 and one time use only:

8RHYXP7

[quote name='msriflegirl']Forgive me if this has already been mentioned, but 15GAME gets you 15% off all in-stock games $25 or more. It stacks with SAVER.[/QUOTE]

You should clarify that its all used...less its supposed to work on new as well...which it did not for me.

[quote name='MSI Magus']You should clarify that its all used...less its supposed to work on new as well...which it did not for me.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a new copy of Batman AA earlier today and it worked perfectly fine for me. On my order confirmation, the coupon reads:

"15GAME - 15% off all in-stock games over $25. Online only while supplies last. Not valid on special editions, gift cards or digital content. Not valid with other offers. Expires 11/21/2010."

If your game fell into one of those categories or was not over $25, then it will not work. Otherwise, you should be fine.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Those $10 coupon codes they were giving out awhile ago are so useless. You can't combine them with ANYTHING! So it basically pays for your tax and shipping. I've been trying to use mine for over 6 months, but can never come across a good deal to apply it to.[/QUOTE]

I used one to snag DJ HERO 2 and used saver as well... not a bad use (came out to like $19 with tax)

I did notice that a few months ago my expiration dates were several years from now... but I just checked and now all of my codes expire this year... so use them up before 12/31.

Kevin

[quote name='msriflegirl']I ordered a new copy of Batman AA earlier today and it worked perfectly fine for me. On my order confirmation, the coupon reads:

"15GAME - 15% off all in-stock games over $25. Online only while supplies last. Not valid on special editions, gift cards or digital content. Not valid with other offers. Expires 11/21/2010."

If your game fell into one of those categories or was not over $25, then it will not work. Otherwise, you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Ah must have been because I was trying to use it on the Special Edition of Y's VII

[quote name='NocturneManiac']I still have a $5 off online $30+ purchase promo code that I haven't used from Gamestop on one of my receipts. Chances are, I won't be ordering anything from Gamestop.com anytime soon to make use of it, since I tend to go with Amazon for my online ordering. So if anyone wants to try and make use of it, then go for it. Expires on 11/30 and one time use only:

8RHYXP7[/QUOTE]

Used - thanks! Put it towards Rock Band 3. :)

Thanks for the 15GAME code. I used it along with the code SAVER to get 999 for the Nintendo DS. I have no idea if this game will be reduced around Black Friday so I decided to take the plunge for it. Hopefully I get the watch with the game. Crossing my fingers... >_>

cag16 & edge will not stack for me, and I just bought my fiirst edge/powerup card after regretting not getting that extra 10% off that all you guys were getting, argh.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Those $10 coupon codes they were giving out awhile ago are so useless. You can't combine them with ANYTHING! So it basically pays for your tax and shipping. I've been trying to use mine for over 6 months, but can never come across a good deal to apply it to.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I finally used mine to specifically purchase a single game that was up in points, but low in cost to trade on goozex. That's how I burned up two of these coupons from gamestop. I bought two copies of 3d dot game heroes and ended up paying 16 dollars a piece after coupon, and traded both games off for 1000 points each on goozex.

So there's an idea for you if you can find a similar deal.

Or does anyone have any of those "$5 off any order online $30+" codes? Dont have much to trade except some Coke Reward points if ya want 'em!

does anyone have $10 & $20 coupon codes from their spring/summer sale? I used one of mine today and it said it expires on 12/31/10, I tested some of them back then and I could've sworn they were good for a few years, but anyway if you still have those codes you better use them before they expire

[quote name='NeoStrider']does anyone have $10 & $20 coupon codes from their spring/summer sale? I used one of mine today and it said it expires on 12/31/10, I tested some of them back then and I could've sworn they were good for a few years, but anyway if you still have those codes you better use them before they expire[/QUOTE]
I wondering about that too since the emails state they don't expire until like 2013. Maybe the Dec 31, 2010 expiration applies after you've actually redeemed the coupon on your account??

Yea, they've been messing with the $10 credit codes.
Entered one of my codes yesterday, told me it would expired by the end of that day. Removed it, added it again and it showed that it will expire at the end of the year.
Tested a second one, which also expires at the end of the year.
Need to look up some emails and see if they have their original expiration date. I'm not sure I'll buy anymore games for the rest of the year with this Black Friday haul.

bread's done
Back