Gamestop.com/EBgames.com Promo Codes

d4rk

CAG Veteran
Gamestop/EBgames (online) codes and Special Offers

(Last Update: May 10th, 2011)

Valid Promotional Codes (as of 4/3):

VSHIP
- Free value shipping on orders of $24.99 or more. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 4/30 - Doesn't seem to stack with PUR and CAG16 at the same time. This is the successor to the now defunct SAVER code. Not valid on preorders.
CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply - Will usually stack with Edge 10% discount for a total of 26% in savings on pre-owned games. Supposedly does not work with PUR.
FREESHIPORDER20 - Free value shipping on in-stock game orders of $20 or more. Continental US only. While supplies last. Not valid with other offers or bundles. Expires 6/5/11 - does not seem to stack with CAG16. Will work with PUR discount.
15SAVE
Receive 15% off the purchase of in-stock Xbox 360 or PS3 games totaling $79.99 or more after PUR discount. Offer excludes consoles and DLC. Expires 5/15/11. Stacks with PUR 10% off for 25% off (roughly). Games can be New or Preowned.

Other Offers

PUR/Edge Discount
- If you have a qualifying Gamestop/EBgames card which gets you 10% off in store on used products, you can use the same card online to receive a similar discount. Unfortunately, this doesn't always stack neatly with promos and can sometimes be a pain in the ass. There is a section specifically to input your card number on the cart page.
Free Shipping - In-stock items only. Consoles and downloads not included. Online only - Supposedly applies automatically when you have two qualifying products in your cart. Fine print says it can't be stacked with other offers, but who knows. This is value shipping, thus pretty much identical to VSHIP.

Recently Expired Codes

SAVER
- Pretty much identical to VSHIP but stacked with CAG16 perfectly.
20PRE - Was 4% better than CAG16.
10FREE - This was a 10 from 80 code with free shipping.

FAQ

Q) A code you say is valid isn't working or stacking with other promos as it's supposed to.
A) Read the error you're getting. If it says the code isn't valid it either is no longer valid or you entered it wrong. If it says that it can't be applied on that order read the fine print and make sure you're using it right. If you didn't make a mistake with either of those steps, try adding it and other promos in various orders (and with varying amounts of items in your cart, adding the rest later). Sometimes you have to jury rig it, Gamestop's promo system is notoriously screwy.

Q) I have a 10/20 dollar off unique promo code from a previous purchase that no longer works, but according to the expiration date it should.
A) Gamestop shut down almost all of those promotion codes after a couple of them were found to be buggy and have unlimited uses (they're intended to be a 1 time thing). Very few, if any, are still functional. Some people have had success in having the codes honored after talking with customer support. Typically if you arrange it in advance they'll take the code from you by email after you've placed your order then retroactively give you the discount. Don't hold me to this though, you'll have to go through customer support so it's YMMV.

Q) Will my pre-owned games bought online from Gamestop/EBgames come with a proper instruction booklet and case?
A) Maybe, but don't count on it. The quality of the discs is reportedly lower than in-store merchandise as well. Some people have gotten around this issue by bringing them to their local Gamestop and convincing the management to swap out for different discs and/or cases. This is also YMMV.

Q) Can I use in-store credit online?
A) Yes, easily. You will need the card number and its pin (which is concealed via a scratch off barrier on the back). Please keep in mind however that you will be charged sales tax for online purchases made with store credit even if Gamestop doesn't tax in-store credit purchases in your state.

Q) These deals suck. Gamestop sucks. I remember when they used to have good promos. So on and so forth, etc.
A) Yup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I add my $10 code to an order it just sits there and has a little red X next to it like it does not apply. The only requirement based on the code description on the cart page says total order must be over $10. I add Crafting Mama and the $10 code, it does not apply. WTF?

[quote name='finsfan0210']So i guess pplay15 and cag16 individually won't stack with your power up rewards cards now. THis is bullshit. I hate gamestop[/QUOTE]

why should they give you 26% off games .... if you dont like it go somewhere else

[quote name='slidecage']why should they give you 26% off games .... if you dont like it go somewhere else[/QUOTE]

You have always been able to get 26% off used games til now.

[quote name='slidecage']why should they give you 26% off games .... if you dont like it go somewhere else[/QUOTE]

Maybe because even with the 26% off their prices usually are not competitive and generally come incomplete.

On a bright note, I finished my trade in to gamestop for the 6 copies of black ops I bought at $27ish a piece. I flipped them for $42 each ;) The guy at the store told me I could not trade in 6 copies of the same game it was against store policy, then I set my reciept down showing I had bought them legally...you could see his wheels turning and the confusion going on as to why I would do that. When I pointed to how much I paid it all became clear and the guy did the trade with various emotions crossing his face.

[quote name='hoofrog']Everytime I add my $10 code to an order it just sits there and has a little red X next to it like it does not apply. The only requirement based on the code description on the cart page says total order must be over $10. I add Crafting Mama and the $10 code, it does not apply. WTF?[/QUOTE]

It has to be $10 AFTER the code is applied.. ie- you can't add a $10 game and get it for free.

Kevin

[quote name='NeoStrider']I tested a few more codes and they all say expire on 12/31/10[/QUOTE]

I posted this last week... It looks like all codes now have a 12/31 expiration date instead of the 2 years it use to be. I have 5 codes to use before 12/31. I hope to get NBA JAM before yrs end...

[quote name='kylerg']That is BS if the case. Changing expiration dates is vile.[/QUOTE]
Yeah they should have just killed them completely and pretended it never happened.;)
Wish I still had a few left:drool:

That figures that they would change the expiration date. Im tired of trying to get my code to work. It usually works if I contact them after I've placed an order, but it takes 2 or 3 e-mails. BS.

So I log in to Gamestop to see about using a coupon and I notice my powerup account is linked. Then I look and I am -339 points. I got curious and logged into the powerup site. Turns out I returned a game and a headset so they deduct powerup points for that. This is what bothers the fuck out of me. I have a ton of pre orders that were made pre powerups but with my edge card. None of those are listed as pre orders so I dont get any credit for those. These returns were not purchased using the powerup card yet they found a way to nall me for them. They were new items so I dont get why it would neg me in a fuckin rewards program. This along with the lack of stack with edge makes me want to never buy a fuckin thing from them again. Nice going GS, really. fuck you.

i was able to stack my edge card and cag16 only after i logged into their site. those 10 off codes from spring dont work for me regardless what i put in my cart very frustrating. anyone have any luck getting them to work recently?

[quote name='kevgret']It has to be $10 AFTER the code is applied.. ie- you can't add a $10 game and get it for free.

Kevin[/QUOTE]

I realize that, but in the example I posted... Crafting Mama, is $30. So minus my $10 code it is still $20. Does not work. I have tried new, used, multiple items... nothing works. Guess I need to contact them again.

[quote name='Blazncheetah']Gamestop is currently having a promotion for their PickUp@Store feature.
You receive a 15% Off coupon for your NEXT purchase.
http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/hops_info/?loc=homeflash1

Not much of a deal since most promo codes don't stack. Might be chance it will since it's a new code.
I don't see any restriction to receive the promotional code, so maybe you can receive it just for picking up a cheap game.[/QUOTE]

I tried this Monday and have yet to get an email from Gamestop saying the game is there. I went to the store the other day and the guy couldn't find the game. Only a used copy without case or manual.

I have yet to get an email saying they couldn't get me the game or to say they had to cancel it. I doubt I'll get the 15% off coupon at this point since they didn't do anything. Really poor experience.

[quote name='jhferry']So I log in to Gamestop to see about using a coupon and I notice my powerup account is linked. Then I look and I am -339 points. I got curious and logged into the powerup site. Turns out I returned a game and a headset so they deduct powerup points for that. This is what bothers the fuck out of me. I have a ton of pre orders that were made pre powerups but with my edge card. None of those are listed as pre orders so I dont get any credit for those. These returns were not purchased using the powerup card yet they found a way to nall me for them. They were new items so I dont get why it would neg me in a fuckin rewards program. This along with the lack of stack with edge makes me want to never buy a fuckin thing from them again. Nice going GS, really. fuck you.[/QUOTE]

All items new and used net you points. Used games just get double the points. If you bought the game and headset after you became a Power Up member, then you should've earned points for those purchases. If that's the case, then the deducted points are valid. However, if you purchased the game and headset before you became a Power Up member, then just email Gamestop and let them know they erroneously deducted points. I had the same issue when I returned some items I purchased prior to upgrading to Power Up, and Gamestop fixed it for me...

This was posted in another thread, but the online coupon code 20USED gets you 20% off used games. To top it off, it stacks with Edge/Power Up. I'm one of the people who can't get CAG16 to stack with Power Up, but 20USED does stack for me.

red dead redemption is still 40, can anyone speculate a price drop within the month? isnt it about that time for a rockstar game?

Eh, I just got 3 used games I ordered last week from gamestop.

None of them came with manuals, one of them even came in one of those replacement cases without even the box.

All the games are pretty scratched up to boot.

I haven't bought a used game from gamestop in years and hoped they'd improved even a little.

I guess not.

[quote name='Slade']Eh, I just got 3 used games I ordered last week from gamestop.

None of them came with manuals, one of them even came in one of those replacement cases without even the box.

I haven't bought a used game from gamestop in years and hoped they'd improved even a little.

I guess not.[/QUOTE]

eh i think it depends on the games you get. i bought 3 games last week for 360 (civilization revolution, darksiders, and plants vs zombies) and got them on the weekend. civ still had the microsoft sticker seal, so i dont even think it was opened, and darksiders case and disk looked completely new. PvZ did come in a black dvd case (which i swapped out in store), but the disk was in great condition, except for some small black bits from the black case that got stuck in the clear center part of the disk.

Understandably, there's some luck involved but 2 out of 2 experiences buying used from them both being rubbish is something that shouldn't be encouraging to anyone.

I've traded and bought from Goozex, Glyde and haven't had a single bad experience in more than a dozen transactions due to how they use descriptions for quality of items.

When you buy used from Gamestop online it's just a big gamble from beginning to end. You don't know how scratched up it will be, whether it will come with the original box or manual, all because there's only two category for their games "New" and "Used".

I hope they get with the times and separate used game prices based on their condition but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

[quote name='jhferry']So I log in to Gamestop to see about using a coupon and I notice my powerup account is linked. Then I look and I am -339 points. I got curious and logged into the powerup site. Turns out I returned a game and a headset so they deduct powerup points for that. This is what bothers the fuck out of me. I have a ton of pre orders that were made pre powerups but with my edge card. None of those are listed as pre orders so I dont get any credit for those. These returns were not purchased using the powerup card yet they found a way to nall me for them. They were new items so I dont get why it would neg me in a fuckin rewards program. This along with the lack of stack with edge makes me want to never buy a fuckin thing from them again. Nice going GS, really. fuck you.[/QUOTE]I had the same exact thing happen to me. Just e-mail customer service and explain what happened. Here's a sample of what I wrote and what you need to include:

Your Name:

Your PowerUp Rewards Card Number (387xxxxxxxxx):

Your Email address that you are using:

A short description of the issue or error:

Hi,

I am writing due to a problem I have discovered while looking through my card activity. I recently upgraded to the Power Up program from the old edge card on 10/24/2010, and I understand that purchases made before this cannot count towards the accumulation of points. I purchased a few games during a buy 2 get 1 free sale before I had my account upgraded; which obviously cannot count toward point credits. However, the day I finally was offered the option to upgrade to the Power Up program, I was in the process of returning the games I bought in the same buy 2 get 1 free sale because of the scratches on the discs. Since my Power Up card was activated before I returned the games I purchased, my account was given -594 (negative) points on 10/24/2010. So essentially, I started off in the negative.

I completely understand the policy, but I think it's unfair that the transaction only counts against me (and not for me as well). I believe the transactions should cancel each other out equaling to zero. I'd greatly appreciate if someone can help me with this issue.

[quote name='Slade']Eh, I just got 3 used games I ordered last week from gamestop.

I guess not.[/QUOTE]
I ordered Grandia 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, and Odin Sphere. Odin Sphere was complete and the other two had cases but no manuals. I thought I did fairly well, I would have returned anything without a case. The condition of one of the discs was questionable but the others were all in average shape.

EBgames was much better than Gamestop in that regard, but at least its better now than it used to be. Back in the day I would've received 3 generic cases with no manuals, one unplayable disc and a multi disc game with only the first disc.

[quote name='RCS0926']This was posted in another thread, but the online coupon code 20USED gets you 20% off used games. To top it off, it stacks with Edge/Power Up. I'm one of the people who can't get CAG16 to stack with Power Up, but 20USED does stack for me.[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much, couldn't get cag16 to stack as well and this is better. You just saved me nine bucks. Thanks again pal.

[quote name='TheSingingBard']Used the 20Used to order like 10 old PS2 RPG games. Total of $40. We shall see if any them come with case/manuals.[/QUOTE]
As did I, I ordered Xenosaga 1, 2, and Suikoden IV. Kicking myself for not throwing in Metal Saga on top of that.

Fortunately the pre-owned games i have ordered from GS were all complete with manual/case/coverart. thanks for sharing the 20USED code.

There is a physical coupon for 20% off pre-owned that DOES stack with Edge/Power Up card but in store only. Check the other Gamestop 20% thread. Good till 12/9/2010.

Just ordered something with 20USED. Could not get it to stack with CAG16 no matter how I entered it, and SAVER was not valid as they are offering free shipping.

[quote name='donssword']Just ordered something with 20USED. Could not get it to stack with CAG16 no matter how I entered it, and SAVER was not valid as they are offering free shipping.[/QUOTE]

20USED won't stack with CAG16, but it does stack with Edge/PowerUp. A lot of people have had trouble getting CAG16 and PowerUp to stack, which makes this code great because it stacks and offers a better percentage off used games.

anyone have problems using their $10 coupon? i've entered a few of them in and it just says "free value shipping" instead of $10 off. one of them did say the coupon is good for $10 off, but doesn't apply it (maybe i used that one already)

[quote name='frpilot']anyone have problems using their $10 coupon? i've entered a few of them in and it just says "free value shipping" instead of $10 off. one of them did say the coupon is good for $10 off, but doesn't apply it (maybe i used that one already)[/QUOTE]

Just ran into the same issue here. I just emailed customer support by replying to the original email that they sent me which had the $10 off code in it. Was trying to order the Mario Anniversary Edition for Wii.

On a side note, isnt there a 15 or 20% off Brand New Wii game code? I thought it was still good but I havent found a new one. (Thought it had to be a Wii game $29.99 or more and youd get the 15 or 20% off) Let me know!

I got all of you beat. I ordered 5 used games last week from gamestop. One was visibly cracked down the middle. Two of them had a sticker on the front of the box saying defective. One was in a ps2 case and one was in a case that smelled "questionable" and all 5 were scratched beyond belief even assassins creed brotherhood. I think the employees at gamestop scratch discs for fun... I will be exchanging all of these >.>

So heres an update. I called the next day and was on the phone with a rep and of course the code worked but of course the game (Super Mario All-Stars for wii) was sold out! So I waited until it came back briefly in stock, and when I put the code in, it registered as a $10 off coupon but it woud not deduct it from the final price! It kept giving me a retarded error and would not work. So again I waste time out of my busy day and call again today. (And of course the game is still sold out)

I got the code re-issued to me as another code and was told if it doesnt work again, just put the order through and then call back when they are there during their normal business hours and they will refund me the $10. I spoke to a woman, very helpful, her name was Grace and she said she was the only one there with that name. I suggest calling up and asking to speak with her if you have any issues.

New promo code

SHIP1214
FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING ON THE FOLLOWING GAMES

HOMEFRONT
DEAD SPACE 2
MASS EFFECT 3
LORD OF ARCANA
TWO WORLDS II
TRON EVOLUTION
HUNTED DEMONS FORGE

SHIP1214 — Enter the code SHIP1214 at checkout for free overnight shipping on the games in this email.
Free overnight shipping applies to games only. Does not apply to consoles, bundles or collector's editions. Continental US only. Act fast! Offers expire on 12.18.10.

[quote name='dafoomie']As did I, I ordered Xenosaga 1, 2, and Suikoden IV. Kicking myself for not throwing in Metal Saga on top of that.[/QUOTE]

As someone who played Metal Saga, I can confirm that you lucked out by not grabbing a copy.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']As someone who played Metal Saga, I can confirm that you lucked out by not grabbing a copy.[/QUOTE]
I second this. A sandbox-style JRPG is an interesting idea in theory, but Crea-Tech (the developers ) forgot to include a plot (a must for an RPG!) and decent graphics (I felt like I was playing a late-gen SNES/early-gen PS1 game.

[quote name='backseatdog']What the heck? cag16 doesn't seem to be working for me, is it working for you guys?[/QUOTE]

It was working Sunday night. I placed 2 orders stacking CAG16 with SAVER.

It was working for me yesterday. I somehow managed to stack CAG16, a coupon code, and free shipping. Edge didn't seem to apply though. It's nice when Gamestop.com works how its supposed to (more or less).

[quote name='backseatdog']What the heck? cag16 doesn't seem to be working for me, is it working for you guys?[/QUOTE]
Its not working on PS2 games for me because it won't stack with their 10% off all PS2 games promotion. And you can't remove that discount and use cag16 instead.

I've also noticed that when an item can be added to your cart but isn't really in stock, the coupon won't work then either.

[quote name='dafoomie']Its not working on PS2 games for me because it won't stack with their 10% off all PS2 games promotion. And you can't remove that discount and use cag16 instead.

I've also noticed that when an item can be added to your cart but isn't really in stock, the coupon won't work then either.[/QUOTE]

thanks, managed to get it working now, it seems everything you said is most likely the case.

[quote name='cg1407']what was the coupon code from if you dont mind my asking?[/QUOTE]

One of those promo codes Gamestop gave out awhile back for $X off a future purchase. Everytime I place an order, I try adding a unused one to see if it finally sticks. This time, it somehow did.

Bump.

SAVER was recognized but during final checkout it become invalid. I also noticed that my edge discount via powerup card is now working but it doesn't stack with other coupon codes like before. It will take 10% off, but then additional codes are applied after the discounted price :(

Found this one the other day. Gonna stack it with my member card discount and a gift card I got to either get AC:BH for the Xbox 360 or Dragon Ball Tag Team for the PSP. Enjoy.

REDSQUAD6 - 10% off and free value shipping on preowned in-stock games and accesories. Online only while supplies last. Not valid with other offers. No consoles, bundles or special editions. Expires 1/21/11

So I was wondering if this code works for anyone else:
Removed Code
It is one of the $20 off codes I got with Mario galaxy 2 awhile back. I used it once months ago and just tonight it took it again. Picked up Tiger Woods 11 for 2.49 after it. Very nice deal, wondering if it was like the $10 code a couple of days ago, or in fact if all of the $10/20 codes from last year are now 1 times use codes for everyone. Good luck guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back